Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Fart Car '97 posted:

I know 'lol reddit' but this is 100% my favorite tin-hat conspiracy about Modern Warfare:

I mean? Wasn’t there proof somewhere in the past couple years of developers loving with other things in game depending on whether or not the owner was buying things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I believe it's possible but I do not believe this team could pull it off

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Would making it more difficult get people to buy cosmetic stuff or would they just quit out of frustration?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Fart Car '97 posted:

I know 'lol reddit' but this is 100% my favorite tin-hat conspiracy about Modern Warfare:

Lol none of this could possibly be because this game is some poorly taped together monstrosity.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

priznat posted:

I’m by no means that great and I usually run with LMGs (M91 mostly, I have given up attempting to get the Bruen I don’t play enough) and I read on Rock Paper Shotgun that it was quite good so I gave it a chance. Highest damage LMG and great range along with fastest reloads due to magazines makes it quite decent!

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/04/20/warzone-guns-weapon-stats-season-3-best-guns-in-call-of-duty-warzone/#lmgs

Nice, this is a handy chart. Now why couldnt they just include numbers in the game instead of those vague bar things?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

I mean? Wasn’t there proof somewhere in the past couple years of developers loving with other things in game depending on whether or not the owner was buying things?

The patent you're referring to was filed in 2015 and described a system that matched newer players with good players who had spent a bunch of money, the idea being players would see the good players using the cool items and want to buy them. Nothing in the patent you're talking about made any references to what could be described as altering gameplay to get players to buy better things.

The patent we're talking about now was filed after/around the game was released and the amount of assumptions being made to jump from "patent filed" to "actively in use in this modern warfare" can really only be made by people who just fundamentally don't understand how patents work.

It's just a document that describes how the system would theoretically function. It doesn't even mention any matchmaking element, or multiplayer at all for that matter. It mentions "teammates" with no expansion on whether or not they are AI or player controlled. In fact, most everything about the wording points to the patent being used to make single player/ co-op games' difficulty more adaptive.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 12, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Does the Grau just have no recoil? I seen a couple aimbots the other day but watching someone on my team, its insane. I've switched out my M13 and gonna gold it now and see how it goes.

E: I understand the developers are retarded and can't develop but why the gently caress can't they even get a playlist right? Why ruin the shipshoot playlist with rust?

codo27 fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 12, 2020

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

codo27 posted:

Does the Grau just have no recoil? I seen a couple aimbots the other day but watching someone on my team, its insane. I've switched out my M13 and gonna gold it now and see how it goes.

E: I understand the developers are retarded and can't develop but why the gently caress can't they even get a playlist right? Why ruin the shipshoot playlist with rust?

I like rust a lot more than shoot house :shrug:

Gorgeous Mohammad
Oct 15, 2009

priznat posted:

I’m a LMG stan and I just recently tried the SA87 for the heck of it and it kind of owns. Basically just a big AR. There’s probably no reason to use it over an M4 but I like it, I cannot explain.

I'm a big SA87 fan too, it feels kind of like a better Oden I guess. The MG91, Bruen and MG34 are also alot of fun to experiment with. The Holger is really the only LMG I've found to be irredeemable.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Gorgeous Mohammad posted:

I'm a big SA87 fan too, it feels kind of like a better Oden I guess. The MG91, Bruen and MG34 are also alot of fun to experiment with. The Holger is really the only LMG I've found to be irredeemable.

I found the MG34 pickups I have tried to be too wild for me, probably best in closer situations where you treat it like a gigantic SMG :haw:

Once I unlock 50+ round mags on the SA87 it’ll be perfect!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
People, and especially stupid games look for any conspiracy to explain any outcome that isn’t the perfect outcome for them. You losing a face to face shootout where two people are inputting and there’s a game in the middle interpreting things will lead to weird outcomes. I love how insane they are. I generally have fun playing and I don’t think they’ve got a tuner to neg me when I get too good. I watch someone like shroud continually stomp people because he’s good.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
It would be nice if there was some kind of spectate mode in HC, even if it is after the match.

I reported a level 51 player on my team after a game of Kill Confirmed in HC Rust. It ended with a nuke.

This guy went 105 and 13 on HC Rust. That is an impossible feat unless he is one of the best players in the world.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Sorry my internet crapped out during quads earlier chums.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

codo27 posted:

It has low horizontal recoil with an underbarrel and either of the long barrels so you just have to compensate for minimal vertical recoil. Super easy to control, first gun I got gold for.

I still prefer the M13 if I want something with a thermal or 3x, just feels easier to land shots with zoom.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

7 hours to ads so I'm going back to the m13

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

soggybagel posted:

People, and especially stupid games look for any conspiracy to explain any outcome that isn’t the perfect outcome for them. You losing a face to face shootout where two people are inputting and there’s a game in the middle interpreting things will lead to weird outcomes. I love how insane they are. I generally have fun playing and I don’t think they’ve got a tuner to neg me when I get too good. I watch someone like shroud continually stomp people because he’s good.

Some killed kept yelling "Cheater!" and "Aimbot!" every time i killed him on hackney. In no way can my old and slow reflexes ever be mistaken for an aimbot. This dumb kid just kept running into my sights. It was hilarious for me to listen to him whine. His team hated him.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

codo27 posted:

7 hours to ads so I'm going back to the m13

The Grau with the CRZ barrel, which puts its max damage range a few meters past the M13 with marksman barrel, ADS's like 3 full frames faster than the M13. You could put a VLK 3.0, mono silencer, merc forgrip, & crz barrel attachments on the Grau and it would have better range & recoil bonuses, and ADS about a frame faster than the M13 with just the marksman barrel.

Like the M13 is a real good warzone gun but taking it over the Grau because of ADS speed is just wrong

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 13, 2020

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Sandwolf posted:

Oh also someone said they gold’d the Drag in one day, loving how? Ground War? The gun is liquid hot diarrhea

My loadout was

Tac Laser
Compensator
Lowest zoom scope
ADS stock
Bipod I think???

And I just used it to quickscope. It 1shots quite generously. I think I spent most of the time on shoothouse / when safehouse was 24/7.

Mae fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 13, 2020

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Mae posted:

Tragically you have to bop them to get kill credit

Ya. I only have the 3 kills without dying 25 loving times left. I have 11 done and have died soooo many times with 2 kills. I have learned to hate the shield.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

CombatBonta-kun posted:

It would be nice if there was some kind of spectate mode in HC, even if it is after the match.

I reported a level 51 player on my team after a game of Kill Confirmed in HC Rust. It ended with a nuke.

This guy went 105 and 13 on HC Rust. That is an impossible feat unless he is one of the best players in the world.

Had a guy that was 145 and 10 at the end of a rust game, obvious hacker in the show case or whatever it is at the end; probably half his deaths were from me because he was bad.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Bring back 10v10.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Mae posted:

My loadout was

Tac Laser
Compensator
Lowest zoom scope
ADS stock
Bipod I think???

And I just used it to quickscope. It 1shots quite generously. I think I spent most of the time on shoothouse / when safehouse was 24/7.

Basically pretend it’s a MK2 cowboy carbine and not a sniper rifle

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

NinetySevenA posted:

Bring back 10v10.

it should be a permanent playlist

It would probably do a service to the community

I'd like it there

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Is it just me or do the coop and warzone daily missions show up late and only for a little while

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i love this stupid shotgun

https://i.imgur.com/6SrjqyF.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/oKYV5Ji.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/DmWKm5P.gifv

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

So apparently the shadowbans for cheaters dropped today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODWarzone/comments/giwq7d/cheaters_forums_are_now_full_of_whining_people/

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hey, I've never player this but I'm feeling around for a new PC FPS, how viable are shotguns and "battle rifles" in this game? I've never really liked assault rifles in my multiplayer games, so I'm just wondering what (non sniper rifle) options there are for big hitting, slow firing weapons.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Shotguns have a surprisingly long range compared to pretty much any shooter I've ever played. Probably not that viable in Warzone, but in regular MP maps you can get a lot of use out of a shotgun.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Jack B Nimble posted:

Hey, I've never player this but I'm feeling around for a new PC FPS, how viable are shotguns and "battle rifles" in this game? I've never really liked assault rifles in my multiplayer games, so I'm just wondering what (non sniper rifle) options there are for big hitting, slow firing weapons.

You'll get a decent amount of mileage out of sniper and marksmen rifles in Warzone, since the maps are huge and if you are on top of your movement you'll get the drop on other teams. However you need to be good enough with rifles to not only down an opponent, but get the follow up shots to kill them, otherwise they just get revived and you're stuck in a pointless plinking fight. Having said that, there are a ton of areas that require close quarter to mid-range combat, so you'll either need a sub-machine gun, AR, or LMG to really do well in those areas.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
In MP marksman rifles can be really good, the kar and sks are both really fun. In Hardcore they fry everyone

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Shotguns have a surprisingly long range compared to pretty much any shooter I've ever played. Probably not that viable in Warzone, but in regular MP maps you can get a lot of use out of a shotgun.

They are trash in warzone. I will take a common M4 over the most tricked out shotgun the game can drop. I'd almost rather have the starter glock that most shotguns. Almost.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shotguns are pretty valuable in the first 2-5 minute rush and then after that totally worthless.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Got a good slow scope in last night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S0mIEbt0wg

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

If you're an oden fan, the Black Asp blueprint comes with different iron sights that are much better than the basic irons. Running them lets you stack an extra ADS speed attachment on the gun. I'm running it Iron Sights/Colossus/Merc Grip/30rd/Stippled Grip/ADS stock and it's actually good as a close-ranger because you've pushed its ADS into actual competitive territory. Check it out for a cool & good off meta build

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

I run a Dragons Breath 680 w/ no stock as my secondary in WZ and it can be a beast in the right situation. At most it's a 2 shot on a fully armored guy. BUT, it's for when one of us needs to rush the cover and drop the guy trying to pull off a revive or armor up. In those situations it's a single tap to every moving body around and they are all dead.

Full disclosure: I have been running everything but cold-blooded/ghost/etc lately just to see what can compliment a squad best. SAW+680 w/ smoke grenades and proxies and Double-Time/Restock/Amped is REALLY fun. I spend half the round being stupidly loud and annoying on purpose so my team can reposition without trouble. At first my sniper buddy kept getting pissed I wasn't helping him out, but then he caught on he could get the position advantage on a target 1000x easier if I kept them suppressed while he did it.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Retro42 posted:

Full disclosure: I have been running everything but cold-blooded/ghost/etc lately just to see what can compliment a squad best. SAW+680 w/ smoke grenades and proxies and Double-Time/Restock/Amped is REALLY fun. I spend half the round being stupidly loud and annoying on purpose so my team can reposition without trouble. At first my sniper buddy kept getting pissed I wasn't helping him out, but then he caught on he could get the position advantage on a target 1000x easier if I kept them suppressed while he did it.

That's called teamwork.

Be careful with teamwork-- you just might win!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Did y’all know that someone can hit you on the head with a rock in the Gulag and kill you?!
https://twitter.com/literallynwah/status/1260656314713137153?s=20

Bonus content — here’s a clip of Mono getting ANNIHILATED by a loadout drop.
https://twitter.com/literallynwah/status/1260656242894139397?s=20

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

jerman999 posted:

In MP marksman rifles can be really good, the kar and sks are both really fun. In Hardcore they fry everyone

Somehow I've had no luck at all with the Kar nor the Carbine, they always seem to hit an anti-sweet spot for me where they're both too unreliable in getting 1-hit-kills and too slow-firing to snag 2-hit-kills reliably. I see plenty of people doing well with the Kar, tho, so I'll chalk this up to just me being a bad I guess. Have to agree that the SKS is good fun, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

omg chael crash posted:

Did y’all know that someone can hit you on the head with a rock in the Gulag and kill you?!
https://twitter.com/literallynwah/status/1260656314713137153?s=20

Bonus content — here’s a clip of Mono getting ANNIHILATED by a loadout drop.
https://twitter.com/literallynwah/status/1260656242894139397?s=20

Monos body flipping is so funny to me.

Stop spamming your twitter account no one is gonna follow you.