Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Mr Hootington posted:

Nobody uses condoms anymore

nut gettin everywehre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Schnorkles posted:

if you get a vaccine wrong the immune response kills you. hth.

the oxford vaccine is generally worth being somewhat optimistic about, but even if we get large scale efficacy and good safety profiles, there's still the question of spooling up the manufacturing lines and getting it to populations.

it's basically being spooled up in advance of it proving efficacy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

KiteAuraan posted:

Don't ascribe to stupidity what can be explained by malice. Ducey is a wealthy gently caress, he was losing money, he can't be reelected. For him it is piles of dead bodies or piles of money.

gently caress Doug Ducey, hope his A/C goes out and he drops from the heat.

You are right, I just need some cognitive distance from the idea that thousands of people are sick in Arizona exclusively so Cold Stone can stay open.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Atrocious Joe posted:

how can the picture on the left be from a healthy person, healthy people don't have their lungs outside their body

i see you've never swung entirely around the swingset....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKV-9slrCAk

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Weekly IHME check in: they finally got blackpilled!

I guess they finally got sick of everyone laughing at their lovely ".... and then everyone magically stopped getting sick!" models

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

:getin:

lmao number gonna LOVE this new projection lol

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

mod sassinator posted:

fur suits

the future of sexy is furry, friends

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
NYC gonna commission some playboy models to do sexy fur suit photos for public good... and it's going to be pretty hot

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

all these sports leagues are preparing to start operations in mid late July lol

it’ll all come down again

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

all these sports leagues are preparing to start operations in mid late July lol

it’ll all come down again

At least the NBA is doing a biodome for the playoffs.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

tbqh I'd wreck that milanesa one of the right

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

A coworker really hates masks but agrees to use those transparent face shields, that's something right? Like it offers her no protection at all but at least she's not spraying her death particles in my face

Atrocious Joe posted:

how can the picture on the left be from a healthy person, healthy people don't have their lungs outside their body

drat it, once again a random stranger from the internet destroys the covid conspiracy

Let's try again boys

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Atrocious Joe posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

hopefully this means she gets less death threats

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

my local school district just decided secondary is going to be 50/50 split with the kids

half go one day, half the next. with block schedules

not too be bad I guess. I wonder what they will do for primary

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

The article says that she was on immunosuppressive medication before she caught the Roni. I understand the media is playing it up when this happens to a young person so more healthy people will take it seriously, but this isn't even remotely typical. At least... not yet. :crnasickos:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

my local school district just decided secondary is going to be 50/50 split with the kids

what does this accomplish tho

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Weekly IHME check in: they finally got blackpilled!

I guess they finally got sick of everyone laughing at their lovely ".... and then everyone magically stopped getting sick!" models

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

:getin:

holy lmao

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Google Butt posted:

so should I get into the pop-up and portable glory hole business?

CummyBucket

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

shovelbum posted:

what does this accomplish tho

kids go to school?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i suspect that patient is not actually healthy if his lungs have been removed. he ded

mystes
May 31, 2006

Spergin Morlock posted:

i suspect that patient is not actually healthy if his lungs have been removed. he ded
"We removed two lungs from a healthy volunteer. Unfortunately, he passed away soon after the procedure for undetermined reasons."

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

euphronius posted:

50/50 splits are useless, everyone needs to be wearing masks and following the CDC guidelines

so like, desks 6 feet apart (gooooooooo loving luck with 35 kids in a classroom), no recess, etc.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

kids go to school?

its no better for covid bc all the teachers are still there every day and poo poo

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

mystes
May 31, 2006

shovelbum posted:

its no better for covid bc all the teachers are still there every day and poo poo
The actual idea is probably that with half as many students on any given day, they can space them out more.

Still unlikely to work, though.

mystes
May 31, 2006

snoo posted:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The policy is just because that's what they think other customers want to hear. It's obviously not actually to protect the health of workers.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

So whats the consensus now? I got all wrapped up in cool zone and stopped paying attention to covid (I still haven't been going out though)

Does it look like a second wave is coming?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Elderbean posted:

So whats the consensus now? I got all wrapped up in cool zone and stopped paying attention to covid (I still haven't been going out though)

number go up

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Elderbean posted:

"second wave"

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

oof

snake and bake has issued a correction as of 15:48 on Dec 7, 2020

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

shovelbum posted:

oh

no one cares about that

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Elderbean posted:

When do you believe the first wave ended?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mod sassinator posted:

50/50 splits are useless, everyone needs to be wearing masks and following the CDC guidelines

so like, desks 6 feet apart (gooooooooo loving luck with 35 kids in a classroom), no recess, etc.

there won’t be 35 it will be 10-15

that’s what the 50/50 does

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

america has chosen tsunami instead of waves

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Elderbean posted:

weirdly enough, not in France even though they got hit pretty hard and then opened up early

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/11/coronavirus-cases-fall-in-france-despite-easing-of-lockdown

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Spergin Morlock posted:

the caption says it’s a healthy lung, not that it’s from a healthy patient. CHECKMATE

edit oh the tweet says healthy patient. I have checkmated myself.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Strep Vote posted:

Three mornings a week my husband uses me and the kid as weights. He'll do ...squat and good morning with me.
Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Used up all my vacation and sick time at work, boss said they were going to lay me off so I could claim unemployment because I still didn't feel safe going to work.

I had a bad case of pneumonia when I was younger that got me sent to the hospital for almost two weeks. It was hell.

I feel like I made the right decision, but I'm also worried that if I go back later everyone is gonna see me as quitter or something.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

MachineryNoise posted:

The article says that she was on immunosuppressive medication before she caught the Roni. I understand the media is playing it up when this happens to a young person so more healthy people will take it seriously, but this isn't even remotely typical. At least... not yet. :crnasickos:

I thought the major covid damage wasn’t from covid itself, but the later stages tricking your immune system into killing healthy cells, aka “why people would get sick, get a bit better, and then suddenly tank”

and it’s not like a healthy immune system would make you less likely to catch a disease it’s never seen before, that’s kind of the point of a vaccine, “healthy immune system” is just “making sure there aren’t reasons that your immune system won’t miss something it would have caught otherwise”— aka why you so frequently catch bugs from stuff you could have fought off when you’re already sick from something else

Elderbean posted:

death is certain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Elderbean posted:

Used up all my vacation and sick time at work, boss said they were going to lay me off so I could claim unemployment because I still didn't feel safe going to work.

I had a bad case of pneumonia when I was younger that got me sent to the hospital for almost two weeks. It was hell.

I feel like I made the right decision, but I'm also worried that if I go back later everyone is gonna see me as quitter or something.

you are “”””””lucky””””””” they agreed to lay you off