Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

fosborb posted:

it was the government, op

"why is no one going to the mall enough yet???" - a fed

Make sure you go back to crowded mall, bar or night club as part of the recovery therapy in making number go up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

"OK Ace. You can go get a haircut. Remember, you're not in the US. New case statistics in the Netherlands have been steady and r0 is still negative. It's rising a bit but still ok. What's the worst that can happen?"

*Walks outside and sees huge crowds all enjoying the nice weather*

"AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH WHY"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"Can't wait to fight those yankee bastards!" *cracks a tooth on hard tack as banjo rendition of Ghana pallbearer meme begins playing*

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Rich people in NY are crying because they can't go up to their summer homes in Canada

https://twitter.com/WGRZ/status/1271260937736073218

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

MorrisBae posted:

Rich people in NY are crying because they can't go up to their summer homes in Canada

https://twitter.com/WGRZ/status/1271260937736073218

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheWedge716/status/1271266871589900288
https://mobile.twitter.com/NancyPCarnes/status/1271495178675781637
https://mobile.twitter.com/geoffreysnyder_/status/1271320462316863489

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Those two hairdressers in Missouri exposing like 200 people but resulting in no new cases because everyone was wearing masks should be much bigger story and be touted as an example of how we could be a lot closer to normal if mask wearing was the norm but instead that got mentioned once and never again.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

buffalo problems are weird

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fosborb posted:

close your eyes and think about number go up

mystes
May 31, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Whether it can be detected and whether it is alive and enough to be contagious are two different things.
Isn't that what "viable" means?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Those two hairdressers in Missouri exposing like 200 people but resulting in no new cases because everyone was wearing masks should be much bigger story and be touted as an example of how we could be a lot closer to normal if mask wearing was the norm but instead that got mentioned once and never again.

yeah it rules lol, anything that could potentially make for a successful re-opening will be rejected because chuds are huge babies and every sector of our media economy is built from the ground up to platform and coddle them

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Whether it can be detected and whether it is alive and enough to be contagious are two different things.

The assay they are using is detecting infective/viable virus in vitro. Not like early studies of just detecting viral RNA particles that were not infective.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

"OK Ace. You can go get a haircut. Remember, you're not in the US. New case statistics in the Netherlands have been steady and r0 is still negative. It's rising a bit but still ok. What's the worst that can happen?"

*Walks outside and sees huge crowds all enjoying the nice weather*

"AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH WHY"

why is it always a haircut

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

CODChimera posted:

My hair was covering my eyes!

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Real hurthling! posted:

buffalo problems are weird

Worst World Problems

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

orange sky posted:

Hope this hasn't been posted yet, but what the gently caress if true

https://twitter.com/GermHunterMD/status/1271680355104243712?s=19

I don't think that that's surprising. Remember the study a few months ago that found that the virus persisted for a long time on smooth metal surfaces but died quickly on cardboard?

Rough surfaces expose it more to the air which dries it out, and I expect the absorption properties of cardboard/cotton also suck moisture from the shell and expose the virus

Etuni
Jun 28, 2006

What it lacks in substance, it makes up for in pretty colors

AceOfFlames posted:

My hair was covering my eyes!

I have solved my haircut problem by simply sewing fashionable headbands to keep the hair out of my eyes. Now if only I could solve the crippling existential dread problem

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/catecadell/status/1271638401117122560

i wonder what theyre saying in chinese media about how the us deals with the virus

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1271820444132421635
$1.1 million hospital bill lmao wreckd

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

My wife is bringing one of our kids to a birthday party in a park tomorrow. She suggested I practice "mindfulness" to get over my disapproval of the plan. I told her we'd all be practicing "lungfulness" in about a week. Now I'm sleeping on the couch.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

i mean not too crazy that it persist on PPE, that it deactivates so quickly on cotton pwns

Hell yeah lint

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

my niece was born 4 months premature after she nearly died during an in utero blood transfusion at ucsf and spend 3 months in nicu and i think the bill for that ended up being over 2 million

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/mySA/status/1271558756799832069?s=20

Don't think I've seen this happen anywhere

The Re-Closing Begins

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
keep an eye out for India getting real bad. was chatting with a supplier over there and it’s not looking good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nonsense posted:

The Re-Closing Begins

thank you san antonio bars.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Good luck negotiating with the hospital on that one.

"Best we can do is knock it down to 900k, that work for you?"

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
we zoomed with our family hair person last night and she walked me through an undercut for my wife and it turned out better than not doing anything!

I learned about sectioning and cutting around the occipital bone and how to use the fade lever thing on our clippers. honestly it was a good time and now there's zero reason to go out to get a haircut

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Nonsense posted:

The Re-Closing Begins

now that it’s voluntary it’s actually cool and good because big guvment something something :bahgawd:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

when i was in the hospital i racked up a 200,000 bill from food service alone

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

poty posted:

i wonder what theyre saying in chinese media about how the us deals with the virus

i assume its like that meme turkish(?) interview clip but two chinese people

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Paradoxish posted:

Nothing, but we came to that decision back in February when things were first kicking off and we thought there was a chance that we'd actually lock this poo poo down. None of us really expect to see to be doing much of anything for the rest of the year at this point.

There was some half hearted hope we could do contact tracing in each state and quarantine everyone at risk but since we refused to use working tests and states moved at the speed of molasses to hire anyone for tracing (like Chicago, the only city that didn't reopen in may, saying theyd hire tracers by labor day) it became obvious there was no point to all this

Every measure every state has taken since mid April is public announcements of security theater that has the sole intention of convincing people they should go back to spending money at establishments , mainly by just lying to everyone about how safe it is.

The local government theory appears to be that if you make up some silly distancing rules no one follows, you can bring every job back plus get sales tax revenue again from entertainment spending, so that's all they care about

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

CODChimera posted:

you ever tried giving yourself a haircut? the back of my head looks like the chaz garden

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

Good luck negotiating with the hospital on that one.

"Best we can do is knock it down to 900k, that work for you?"

"Reduce the bill to $10K or I will declare Chapter 7 and you'll get nothing, you worthless cocksuckers."

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
gently caress lol we pulled our kid from daycare months ago. they stayed open but gently caress that, and even then with everything wide open, and about out of fmla that is helping us work part time so we can take care of the kids, we were openly contemplating what it would take to send our kid back. shes 4 and desperately misses her friends.

and then just minutes ago we found out one of her teachers tested positive today and she would have been directly exposed. family friends who have their kid there were directly exposed.

we're never rejoining society

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/kenayers8/status/1271814361191837701

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fosborb posted:

gently caress lol we pulled our kid from daycare months ago. they stayed open but gently caress that, and even then with everything wide open, and about out of fmla that is helping us work part time so we can take care of the kids, we were openly contemplating what it would take to send our kid back. shes 4 and desperately misses her friends.

and then just minutes ago we found out one of her teachers tested positive today and she would have been directly exposed. family friends who have their kid there were directly exposed.

we're never rejoining society

One of my wife's coworkers has two kids in daycare (no choice - neither parent is able to work from home) and just this week the lady running it tested positive. Daycares and schools are cesspool of illness even in the best of times but normally it's just some crud or pink eye they are passing around.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Looks like COVID isn't over and is in fact even more dangerous in the summer heat christ

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Nonsense posted:

when i was in the hospital i racked up a 200,000 bill from food service alone

how in the gently caress???

In thirty years of life total I don’t think I’ve eaten 200k worth of food what the gently caress

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Thoguh posted:

I like how here in NJ 50-80% of people outside are maskless and coming close to other people and even though they slap on a mask to go into stores immediately rip them off after they exit. TRUMP!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Marx Headroom posted:

you ever tried giving yourself a haircut? the back of my head looks like the chaz garden

it's extremely easy to give yourself a buzz cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Thoguh posted:

One of my wife's coworkers has two kids in daycare (no choice - neither parent is able to work from home) and just this week the lady running it tested positive. Daycares and schools are cesspool of illness even in the best of times but normally it's just some crud or pink eye they are passing around.

working in any kind of school or communal childcare exposes you to truly staggering amount of illness

the first year I taught in a middle school I swear I was sick the entire first semester with a rotating set of viruses