Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

net work error posted:

America rocks

With all those hoverounds in view, it rolls too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

mystes posted:

We've reached the stage where people who were isolating now feel entitled to go do whatever they want.

I know people who never isolated who feel that way

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The comorbidities thing really doesn't seem to have amounted to much and I feel like we self own every time we try to say it means poo poo.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it might be infuriating to see all these dumb people arrogantly flaunting a deadly pandemic but at least they’re all going to get sick and a lot of them will die.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mystes posted:

We've reached the stage where people who were isolating now feel entitled to go do whatever they want.

Can you really blame them? When it's clear nobody is taking it seriously, you know the virus is going to be around for years and you might as well say gently caress it. When poo poo got serious here I stayed in the house for a month straight because I knew people were taking it seriously and we'd be able to get it under control eventually. And guess what, we're down to 20 cases/day in the entire country and can basically go back to normal (with mask and no mass events still) without everything blowing up again. If we had the same chuds here, it wouldn't make any sense to stay isolated for half a year, because when you come out the virus will be still around, waiting for you.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

shovelbum posted:

The comorbidities thing really doesn't seem to have amounted to much and I feel like we self own every time we try to say it means poo poo.

The biggest comorbidity is age and Trump supporters lean old so

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Stereotype posted:

it might be infuriating to see all these dumb people arrogantly flaunting a deadly pandemic but at least they’re all going to get sick and a lot of them will die.

literally dozens of people at that chudfest will be dead within a month

lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

120,000 cases today already

We're going to hit 9 million by Monday easily

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oxsnard posted:

lmao

literally sick of winning

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

My very large immediate family’s been having regular get-togethers for every holiday and also for no reason at all for pretty much the duration. I haven’t been going and today my mom flipped out on me, cursed me out and hung up on me when I told her that I’m not coming to the Father’s Day get-together tomorrow. I was gonna stop by to drop off my dad’s present today instead and she told me that if I’m not coming tomorrow that I shouldn’t bother going there today

Side note the Fox News logo is permanently burned into the corner of the screen on the tv in my parents living room. Oh also my mom almost died last year from sepsis and spent two weeks in a medically induced coma on dialysis and a ventilator. She also has crohn’s. Today she told me I’m being insane for thinking that the big parties are a bad idea. Anyhow guess I’m being ostracized by my family now

I mean obviously they’re terrible but like, it’s tough, idunno. Hope I can still have relationships with my nieces and nephews at least.

Robert Plant has issued a correction as of 22:35 on Jun 20, 2020

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

The biggest comorbidity is age and Trump supporters lean old so

Now this is true

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

oxsnard posted:

lmao

dozens seems optimistic. Isn't the event like 10k+?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Marzzle posted:

dozens seems optimistic. Isn't the event like 10k+?

Yeah I thought it was like 20k. If even 50% catch it, which actually is optimistic, and due to the age range of his crowds the IFR trends towards 5-10%, you're looking at up to a thousand dead bodies just from people who are currently attending, not even considering the people they go on to spread it to.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
I thought I heard the attendance was 100k lmao

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

lmao 20k people crammed together to listen to a geriatric super spreader yell about how masks are bullshit

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I bet the real reason the t virus spread through raccoon city was all the chuds not believing in it or some poo poo

"We are all going to die anyway, if I become reanimated we will at least support small gun shop owners"

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

zombies would have been super cheap labor, number would ascend to new heights

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
384 cases in Austin today previous max was 220 on Wednesday. We're going to cross 30k USA on a weekend. lmfao strap in next week is going to be the wildest week of the covid train yet.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Good soup! posted:

I bet the real reason the t virus spread through raccoon city was all the chuds not believing in it or some poo poo

"We are all going to die anyway, if I become reanimated we will at least support small gun shop owners"

Bitter irony...

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Holy poo poo the pillow guy is pressing the flesh bigly at the rally

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Robert Plant posted:

My very large immediate family’s been having regular get-togethers for every holiday and also for no reason at all for pretty much the duration. I haven’t been going and today my mom flipped out on me, cursed me out and hung up on me when I told her that I’m not coming to the Father’s Day get-together tomorrow. I was gonna stop by to drop off my dad’s present today instead and she told me that if I’m not coming tomorrow that I shouldn’t bother going there today

Side note the Fox News logo is permanently burned into the corner of the screen on the tv in my parents living room. Oh also my mom almost died last year from sepsis and spent two weeks in a medically induced coma on dialysis and a ventilator. She also has crohn’s. Today she told me I’m being insane for thinking that the big parties are a bad idea. Anyhow guess I’m being ostracized by my family now

I mean obviously they’re terrible but like, it’s tough, idunno. Hope I can still have relationships with my nieces and nephews at least.

Nice man now you don't have to worry about it :)

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Stereotype posted:

Yeah I thought it was like 20k. If even 50% catch it, which actually is optimistic, and due to the age range of his crowds the IFR trends towards 5-10%, you're looking at up to a thousand dead bodies just from people who are currently attending, not even considering the people they go on to spread it to.

It's 20K in the arena and probably another 30-40K outside crammed together lol

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Anyone else get a sore throat every time they have to go out now? It lasts about 12-24 hours, like my body is responding to my own stress.

Had to take a train across town yesterday and was horrified to see it was completely full with no one but asians wearing masks. I was near more people yesterday than the three months prior combined.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

at a grocery store and like a fifth of the people are basically not covering their nose

we are so hosed

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I can't find the post (was reading on phone after my shift) but that posted tweet about how the antibodies for the virus lasts only 2-3 months is horrifying in the implications for human society. what happens to society when you know that you'll repeatedly catch COVID-X 2-3 times a year until it finally kills you? it completely annihilates any idea of a social contract or a shared future

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

The liquor store across the street took down their plastic barriers at the register and stopped wearing masks. I'm not going back.

Malachy
Dec 20, 2013

Zil posted:

Noticed when out grocery shopping earlier that the shelves which in the past two weeks were full seemed a bit more barren this time. Either I just got there between shelf stocking, people are hoarding again or our supply chains are having even more of an issue then is being let on.
Nash finch spartan foods is one of the biggest food distributors and all there warehouse employees quit so they had to hire a whole new crew and now deliveries are late and we only get about 25% of what we order

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can't find the post (was reading on phone after my shift) but that posted tweet about how the antibodies for the virus lasts only 2-3 months is horrifying in the implications for human society. what happens to society when you know that you'll repeatedly catch COVID-X 2-3 times a year until it finally kills you? it completely annihilates any idea of a social contract or a shared future

i'm optimistic that it will eventually succumb to selection pressure to make it almost entirely nonlethal to anyone who isn't old, basically angry chemistry uses us like livestock making sure we can breed sufficiently to ensure it can survive

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
i posted a few days ago about dallas county mandating masks in stores but the cops not enforcing it.

the place of business has to put up a sign saying 'wear a mask' or they get fined ($500). however actual enforcement of this policy is entirely upon the business and im sure somehow they will be held liable if they actually ban people from entering or whatever. individuals do not receive fines for violation because the state will sue you if you try. good poo poo.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SKULL.GIF posted:

corona-chan is our deliverance, the second horseman to visit us after war

famine is gonna be lit

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

blatman posted:

i'm optimistic that it will eventually succumb to selection pressure to make it almost entirely nonlethal to anyone who isn't old, basically angry chemistry uses us like livestock making sure we can breed sufficiently to ensure it can survive

Or enough people die that spreading is too difficult and it burns itself out.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Telsa Cola posted:

Or enough people die that spreading is too difficult and it burns itself out.

i hope it mutates and grows wings and a thorax and flies around the country in a giant screeching swarm until the end of this joke

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

120,000 cases today already

We're going to hit 9 million by Monday easily

I posted this 1 hour ago

we're at 150k cases already, up 30,000 in 60 minutes (500/minute)

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Giga Gaia posted:

i hope it mutates and grows wings and a thorax and flies around the country in a giant screeching swarm until the end of this joke

The joke never ends friend. The joke never ends.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ebola Roulette posted:

I know people who never isolated who feel that way

“hearing about this every day for the last 6 months has been so stressful, i deserve a break and a day not thinking about it and pretending it didn’t happen”

shovelbum posted:

comedy option, they’re all avid smokers and under the protection of nicotine anyways

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Anyone else get a sore throat every time they have to go out now? It lasts about 12-24 hours, like my body is responding to my own stress.

Had to take a train across town yesterday and was horrified to see it was completely full with no one but asians wearing masks. I was near more people yesterday than the three months prior combined.

I’m pretty sure allergies always gave me low level sore throat symptoms that I used to barely be cognizant of but boy howdy am I noticing it this year

the combination of sao2 monitor and “it tends to clear up after a loratadine” is reassuring but lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I wonder if trump personally got a super preproduction vaccine

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

deth

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
also :siren:bean news:siren:

made some of this for dinner and it owns bones

https://www.tptoriginals.org/relish...arla-jadoonanan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

triple sulk posted:

at a grocery store and like a fifth of the people are basically not covering their nose

we are so hosed

i went out today and while driving, the literal only person wearing a mask on the sidewalk I saw was someone sign spinning for a furniture store

blood blood blood blood blood