Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modoh
Jul 23, 2007

berenzen posted:

I have a little bit of expendable cash, so I think I'll make a :toxx: of my own.

I will pay $10 per superboss (to a max of $50 for each, $100 total) for anyone that beats them "legitimately". That means no quickleaking/!calm/!sing/chemist berserking omega, and no berserking/quickleaking shinryu. Basically, fight the superbosses without breaking their script in some way.

It's hard to capture, if you are running bard/beastmaster/time/etc. I'll still accept submissions, just use the honor system.

If it counts by itself I killed Omega with a Freelancer with just Rapid Fire for abilities yesterday (Pure Chaos). No Shinryu for this though because I berserked him.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/658834145

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Another fiesta, another team that has to get to absurd levels to beat Omega because I can't mitigate the counters in any way.

Heavy is the head that wears three crowns I guess.

This was a few pages ago, but unless this is a version thing you can always wait for it to reflect "Targetting" so it hits itself with the counters instead of you. This is what I did in the video above. Does require a patient approach though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
One thing I want to note after 3 runs in a row that had Rangers, Yoichi's bow's high crit rate makes it the best bow once you get rapid fire. If one character is using the chicken knife and you need something else to use, Yoichi's bow will do either good damage or possibly hit up to 4 crits which I found to be doing slightly less or better damage than other bows. Plus compared to chicken knife row doesn't matter.

None of the other bows seem to compare.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Artemis Bow is good specifically for NED if you don't have an easy solution for Almagest; it deals effective damage to that part.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
True, more of my point is for general purposes of doing damage in nearly every other situation, whether it's other bosses or just for making any grind faster. Not hard to switch bows as neccesary of course, against NED it's worth using Dark bow against the physical form to blind it.

I'm mostly just saying this because enkibot undersells how useful Yoichi's Bow is for clearing things.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I'll 100% count this. You didn't break the attack script, clever work arounds like that are totally a-ok in my book.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

berenzen posted:

I have a little bit of expendable cash, so I think I'll make a :toxx: of my own.

I will pay $10 per superboss (to a max of $50 for each, $100 total) for anyone that beats them "legitimately". That means no quickleaking/!calm/!sing/chemist berserking omega, and no berserking/quickleaking shinryu. Basically, fight the superbosses without breaking their script in some way.

It's hard to capture, if you are running bard/beastmaster/time/etc. I'll still accept submissions, just use the honor system.

I assume zombiereflecting shinryu to death doesn't count here either (it honestly shouldn't imo) but in case it does, I did just that all night?

This is done by having one reflected character become a zombie outside the fight, enter the fight and !Hide someone/everyone else. Shinryu will eventually die to reflected Atomic Rays. It sure doesn't feel legit but it's one of the coolest non legit ways to beat a superboss I've ever seen.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Maleketh posted:

I'm at Byblos with Dancer/Bard/Knight (using the Fiesta mod, so I actually do have dancer). What's my strategy for Byblos? He's beating my rear end.

TwoHanded & pray for Sword Dances, probably.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Finally made myself attempt the Quadzerks.

Jose Valasquez posted:

:toxx:
$20 up to a Max of $500 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Actually, gently caress it. :toxx: $10 for everyone who quadzerks sandworm (up to $50)

JibberJabberwocky posted:

1) :toxx: challenge $30 donated for anyone else who completes a 4 zerk run. $40 for a double crown and $60 for any triple crown 4 zerk run, to a maximum of $600
You can just show me your #victory screenshot / link me to your run page (and show me screenshots of any optional boss kills). This one's retroactive so anyone who has ALREADY completed a 4 zerk run can go ahead and let me know and I'll make it happen.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jun 23, 2020

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

First run done: Thief/Ranger/Knight/Blue Mage, and I've got so many fuckin' toxxes to turn in!

Bufuman posted:

Oh, that reminds me that I had an idea for a toxx myself.

It's time for :smugwizard: Magical Bufu's Magical :toxx:

* The condition for this one is simple: Obtain every magic spell in one run. White, Black, Time, Blue, Summons, and Songs. Dark Arts are exempt, but if you're a masochist you're welcome to go for it.
* The classes required to actually USE the spells are not mandatory, but obviously Blue Magic will require a Blue Mage or a randomizer run with Learning.
* Donation amount is $5 for every run with all spells, up to a limit of $100. (I wanted it to be more, but I have more bills to pay than I did in previous years thanks to Real Life Bullshit)
* Proof requested: Ideally shots of your magic screens, but for simplicity's sake I'll accept a shot of just the Time magic list to cover White and Black too (since you need to get their final spells to get access to Meteor). For most lists with multiple pages (White/Black/Time just barely require two pages in certain versions IIRC), I'll go by the honor system and accept single shots at the bottom of the list. Blue Magic will require shots of all pages though.

(Yes, I know the spellblade page is completely redundant.)

apophenium posted:

I'm excited about this Fiesta!!! I registered for a Pure Chaos Risk run. My first risk!

I also want to do a :toxx: challenge:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

No idea if this has filled up already, but in case it hasn't:

Kyrosiris posted:

I am also reprising mine from last year. As follows:

You know what's stupid? The Brave Blade. You know what loving rules?

:black101: TWO RAGNAROKS, AGAIN :black101:

So I'm :toxx:ing a $5 donation (up to $50) for the first ten people who finish their fiesta with two fuckin' Ragnaroks. Get the first from Shinryu, get the second from stealing it from Neo-Exdeath, and then take a picture during the NED fight of either both equipped or both in your item list to count.

Additionally, I will also donate $1 per relevant name that completes a run, per apophenium's toxx, up to a maximum of $50.

I forgot to actually get a screenshot of both of them in my inventory at the same time, but here's me in the menu equipping the one from Shinryu:

And here's me stealing and equipping NED's:

Mustached Demon posted:

Thought about it and I think the Great Sea Trench would be better. Seems more useless if you don't have a time mage or geomancer to make it less annoying. Monk is ok because they need help.

So! Post a pic of you beating the triple goblin jerks to get credit.

All Pigs Are Bastards

Azza Bamboo posted:

:toxx: I want to see some SURGICAL BOSS KILLS

What is a surgical boss kill? It's when you can show me video footage of a boss being killed by a 1hp damage attack. That way I know you've killed them for the exact amount of HP they have and no more.

I will donate $2.50 for every time someone ITT shows me any one boss on this list being surgically killed.

Melusine
Omniscient
Leviathan
Catastrophe
Twintania
Neo Exdeath

However, each boss on this list can only be claimed three times. e.g. once I've seen three surgical Melusine kills, I'll stop paying out for surgical Melusine kills.

Finally, the first person to get a surgical triple crown - surgically killing NED, Shinryu and Omega, will see me drop $25 into the pot.

p.s. I'm not a huge mathematics nerd or someone who understands the game mechanics very well. I am not certain if it is possible to surgically kill each of these bosses.

It's not video, but hopefully this series of screenshots is unambiguous enough to suffice:

berenzen posted:

Blue Mage is great for providing enough sandbagging power to do this at sane levels. Extra shots of Shinryu performing various attacks included to demonstrate his lack of berserk:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Man with Hat posted:

I assume zombiereflecting shinryu to death doesn't count here either (it honestly shouldn't imo) but in case it does, I did just that all night?

This is done by having one reflected character become a zombie outside the fight, enter the fight and !Hide someone/everyone else. Shinryu will eventually die to reflected Atomic Rays. It sure doesn't feel legit but it's one of the coolest non legit ways to beat a superboss I've ever seen.

Sorry mate, I'm not going to count this. It's a cool way to kill Shinryu, but it's not exactly fighting the boss legitimately.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Blue Mage is great for providing enough sandbagging power to do this at sane levels. Extra shots of Shinryu performing various attacks included to demonstrate his lack of berserk:

I will count both of these though. Cool!

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

berenzen posted:

Sorry mate, I'm not going to count this. It's a cool way to kill Shinryu, but it's not exactly fighting the boss legitimately.

Didn't expect you to but worth a shot! I'll throw in the :tenbux: myself instead.

But these should count I hope!

Jose Valasquez posted:

This filled up quicker than I expected last year, so I've adjusted the numbers to give more people an opportunity for pain.

$20 up to a Max of $500 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Completions: blakelmenakle, Procrastine, Serene Dragon, Fat and Useless, JibberJabberwocky x2, Orange Fluffy Sheep, Vernatio, Shyfted, Spelling Mitsake

apophenium posted:

I'm excited about this Fiesta!!! I registered for a Pure Chaos Risk run. My first risk!

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

And I'll put this here too to have it all in one place, even though I posted about it earlier:

Osci posted:

Based on what happened during my first fiesta year.

$10 per run, up to $30, for anyone who makes it between the fire and earth crystal with a party of 4 bards.
What I would like to see are pictures of Adamantoise and Archeoaevis dying.

Man with Hat posted:

I actually overgrinded a bit for this and made it through Archeoaevis with 12 elixirs to spare! Probably because I used 31 against adamantoise and was scared as hell.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

berenzen posted:

I berserked Shinryu, but my ranger/dancer/free/thief team took down Omega legit. Not as hard as I thought, because chicken knife !rapid fire is loving nuts

Lenna and Faris were banished to the super void, so here's a shot of the team beating NED to prove my classes:

Edit: I just realised Modoh had the exact same team as me, wow! Their method was way more clever. I just brute forced through Omega's counters (I was level 42 so he died in 7 chicken knife rapid fires) using equip ribbons to keep from being confused by rocket punch and flame rings/shield to not die to atomic rays. Hence Lenna and Faris getting encircled lol

Serene Dragon fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 23, 2020

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
W2 exdeath down. The hardest part was farming him for Doom and L3 Flare for my blu. l2 old and Wind Knife Aeroga trivializes that fight in such a hillarious manner, once you phase transition him all his physical attacks do 0 damage and his spells hit for 350 - 700.

I think I'm just going to go for basic completion this run, not Omega/Shinryu. I've got a gameplan for both, but it's not optimal/ideal. (BLU/RDM/BST/DRG, calm spam + 1k needles for Omega, berserk Rod + Mighty Guard for Shinryu)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

After a hiatus I got my final job from the crystal!

Zerker/zerker/knight/zerker

Welp

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Communist Thoughts posted:

After a hiatus I got my final job from the crystal!

Zerker/zerker/knight/zerker

Welp

It could be worse. Not much, but not none either.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

It could be worse. Not much, but not none either.

I don't think the last job could have been worse.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Sneaky Wombat posted:

I don't think the last job could have been worse.

You could have 4 zerkers.

Edit: For what it's worth, Knight zerker has pretty reasonable synergy. Lots of good knight swords to give your zerkers if you want more consistent damage without missing. If you want to go full HAM you can give the zerkers 2 handed and watch them hit way harder. There's a couple of fights you can also cheese with cover/guard. If you're not on SNES and underwriting your magic, the Rune Axe works better on a knight that has marginally better +mag stat.

Just make sure you go to the wind tower and farm up a bunch of elixirs before W2. After a certain point it becomes your primary healing.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 23, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mystic Knight, Monk, Ninja, Dragoon for this next run. Does anyone have synergy going on here?

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Bruceski posted:

Mystic Knight, Monk, Ninja, Dragoon for this next run. Does anyone have synergy going on here?

Spell blade dual wield is pretty huge, I don't think you need more than that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Unreal_One posted:

Spell blade dual wield is pretty huge, I don't think you need more than that.

Also I think spellblade would boost ninja throw, though I don't know how it compares to pure casters. And two spellblade dual wielders.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Bruceski posted:

Also I think spellblade would boost ninja throw, though I don't know how it compares to pure casters. And two spellblade dual wielders.

IIRC Maxed spellblade is more magic than BRD/RDM, less than BLU. Give the Mystic Knight Dual Wield, Give everyone else Spellblade except for maybe monk (I can't remember if he can spellblade his mitts, if not he probably gets throw). Drain blade is your friend for trash. Mystic Knight gets Dual Wield. You basically don't even need to bother with throw unless you're wanting to hit multiple elemental weaknesses or attack all enemies.

Edit:vvvvv Really in any situation where you have Mystic and Ninja, Dual Wield spellblades are going to carry all the weight in that combo, exception being the handful of fights where you've got to dispatch multiple things at the same time when you throw anime scrolls at your problems. Third level elemental spellblades automatically do 9999 to enemies that are weak to it, so you'll basically dunk on Omega so long as you can survive the first couple rounds. Berserk blade Shinryu and then drain blade face tank him to victory. It's super triple crownable.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 23, 2020

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Bruceski posted:

Spellblade boosts magic 11 points higher than what the Ninja has by default, so it's not terrible. Granted, you'd really want a caster because even the weakest (Blue Mage) is 22 Magic higher than that, and Summoner topping out at 32 Magic higher than the Mystic Knight.

JibberJabberwocky
Mar 24, 2012

apophenium posted:

Kyrosiris posted:

Additionally, I will also donate $1 per relevant name that completes a run, per apophenium's toxx, up to a maximum of $50.

Chemist induced triple crown. Insert drug war joke.

New run is Monk - Time - Ninja (Rerolled it to Red)- Chemist.

Remaining classes: Samurai, Bard, BLU, Knight, Thief, Mystic Knight, Beastmaster, Ranger

Gaia Bell Toxx:

4ZerkMeBaby Toxx:

JibberJabberwocky fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 24, 2020

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

berenzen posted:

https://twitter.com/Hellioning/status/1275524642124337152

No zerking, just throwing a whole bunch of Fuma Shuriken at his face. My other two characters were a monk and a ninja.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Just finished my triple crown with Black/Mystic/Beast/Samurai.

It was less powerful than the all star squad I had last year, but still pretty easy. Black magic killed most things, Mystic killed things that didn't have an elemental weakness, Beast was indispensible for Sandworm/Omega/Shinryu and didn't bother with it for anything else, Mystic night Samurai threw money at Ned.

Second year in a row my most deaths were against archesour or whatever in ronka because it's the first fight I couldn't hold a through

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Enkibot prime doesn't ever tell you where to get White Wind, weirdly enough.

Also, it's too late now, but did WHM/BRD/BST/THF have a way to kill Omega? Only thing I came up with was reflecting thunder procs from blitz whip, but I'm pretty sure that would run out of MP healing people back up before getting anything near dead, even after releasing Thunder Dragons.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

apophenium posted:

Kyrosiris posted:

https://twitter.com/Hellioning/status/1275530732950061056

It's remarkable how much more dour the ending is if someone is dead. I think this is the first time I actually ran out of phoenix downs on Exdeath. Oh well, fairly easy, even if the Magic Lamp didn't work because Faris was a toad at the time.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 23, 2020

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Unreal_One posted:

Enkibot prime doesn't ever tell you where to get White Wind, weirdly enough.

There's a tip about it in Ronka if you have the right combination of classes, but I presume you mean without that? In which case, I'll add a tip about it to Meatfort about using Dancing Dagger on Hellraisers.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Unreal_One posted:

Also, it's too late now, but did WHM/BRD/BST/THF have a way to kill Omega? Only thing I came up with was reflecting thunder procs from blitz whip, but I'm pretty sure that would run out of MP healing people back up before getting anything near dead, even after releasing Thunder Dragons.
sing sing sing sing !Mug CK

alternatively, !Calm on three people (GBA only) and !Mug CK hopefully gets through defense

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Alxprit posted:

There's a tip about it in Ronka if you have the right combination of classes, but I presume you mean without that? In which case, I'll add a tip about it to Meatfort about using Dancing Dagger on Hellraisers.

Thanks! Bard should be added to the confuse list, you can get confuse song before Ronka.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

sing sing sing sing !Mug CK

alternatively, !Calm on three people (GBA only) and !Mug CK hopefully gets through defense

Even at level 99/strength 99, that's only increasing the multiplier M; the attack (with berserk) is exactly equal to the defense. (ATK-DEF)*M does 0 with a maxed M but ATK<=DEF.

Unreal_One fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 23, 2020

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Yeah, what you want to do is sing sing sing punch and hope for a crit (I would not recommend this unless you can automate it, it takes an eternity)

Edit: with more than 42 defense you should be as immune to the whip damage as Omega is to everything else since the Blitz Whip is a poo poo whip. I don't know if that's reachable with your team though.

Edit 2: Bonemail and a Dark Hood should do the trick. Add an accessory with some extra defense and you should be good. Or you could use the mirage vest and the equip swap trick, don't know if that will let thunder proc but I don't see why not. Or just reflect blink off Omega since I realized WM was there too.

Edit 3: never mind, spells proc after the hit, my bad. A white mage should still be able to out heal though, even if it's a bit uncertain when you have to reflect it off Omega.

Man with Hat fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 23, 2020

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Unreal_One posted:

You can have the WHM attack with a Morning Star; it uses the axe damage formula which only factors 1/4 defense. Even then it still takes a long while since you can only break through on high rolls.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Man with Hat posted:

Yeah, what you want to do is sing sing sing punch and hope for a crit (I would not recommend this unless you can automate it, it takes an eternity)

Edit: with more than 42 defense you should be as immune to the whip damage as Omega is to everything else since the Blitz Whip is a poo poo whip. I don't know if that's reachable with your team though.

Edit 2: Bonemail and a Dark Hood should do the trick. Add an accessory with some extra defense and you should be good. Or you could use the mirage vest and the equip swap trick, don't know if that will let thunder proc but I don't see why not. Or just reflect blink off Omega since I realized WM was there too.

Edit 3: never mind, spells proc after the hit, my bad. A white mage should still be able to out heal though, even if it's a bit uncertain when you have to reflect it off Omega.

Mini the whipper could have worked, right?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Charity needs more money IMO

$15 each for the first 10 runners to give me a screenshot in Library of the Ancients B1 with all 4 characters vulnerable to Level 5 Death, in honor of how many times I've blindly bumbled my way near Byblos and gotten nuked back to wherever I last remembered to save because everybody's level 15.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

Unreal_One posted:

Mini the whipper could have worked, right?

The Algorithms FAQ posted:

Damage = (3 - Target Defense) * M

Yup, that should also work! Wow, mini has the weirdest uses in this game.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

DeathSandwich posted:

Give everyone else Spellblade except for maybe monk (I can't remember if he can spellblade his mitts, if not he probably gets throw)

Spellfists only happen on that one balance mod. Vanilla fists are not spellblade-capable.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Unreal_One posted:

Thanks! Bard should be added to the confuse list, you can get confuse song before Ronka.
Done and done.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

got to the big bridge, this song is great! also got to finally meet gilgamesh.

my zerkers mowed him down though

those drat bombs earlier wiped me

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

nrook posted:

Hmm, my first-time playthrough of FFV seems to have been derailed into spending hours listening to Battle at the Big Bridge rearrangements after fighting bridge Gilgamesh.

Communist Thoughts posted:

got to the big bridge, this song is great! also got to finally meet gilgamesh.

my zerkers mowed him down though

those drat bombs earlier wiped me

One of the best parts of this event every year is hearing first time reactions to the Big Bridge theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

One of the best parts of this event every year is hearing first time reactions to the Big Bridge theme.

FF has a whole bunch of great music but something about Big Bridge just grabs you.