Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I think it's just so loving funny that the staff are still doing stuff like handing out probations to people for the occasional "oh no now THIS went over the line..." post - even in this thread! - While simultaneously standing totally silent on the very public issues tearing the site apart from within and just doing nothing to fix anything and letting chaos and confusion reign. It's like... I don't know, setting up air purifiers to get rid of all the smoke so people can breathe a bit easier while ignoring the fact that the building is on fire.

kaworu fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Bronze Fonz posted:

Are you talking about Dick Masterson's sidekick?

lmfao

As someone who has listened to several years of him, yes. Sean is the complete opposite of Dick and is super level headed.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

I'd rather watch toetax crash and burn and help his victims (if they want the help) and keep the site, tbh.

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

Google Butt posted:

Just shut it down gently caress it

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I summon thee, Derek Smart, for you to purchase these forums here, and let chaos reign eternal

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

GoonCon would be an industry event in line with like PAX with even a remotely capable, not piece of poo poo human running this dumpster at its peak.

Instead he was having sycophants come to his birthday at Chuck E Cheese

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

G.A.P.O. posted:

When it's pretty obvious, based on this (since-deleted) Facebook post, that Lowtax was also into it.

gently caress THAT NOISE IM NOT QUOTING THAT IMAGE

Also, lollin at Taxman still trynna tell people this was JUST WORK SRS I SWEAR

Jesus gently caress I take back my advice...

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

weekly font posted:

GoonCon would be an industry event in line with like PAX with even a remotely capable, not piece of poo poo human running this dumpster at its peak.

Instead he was having sycophants come to his birthday at Chuck E Cheese

The "please bathe" notice would probably be the same, though.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Peanut Butler posted:

do not underestimate the vindictiveness of a narcissist

he might blow through it, and im sure there will be a lot of $150 pies involved, but there will also be a lot of 'having way more cash on hand than the exes' and if i were the person giving him that cash, i'd feel p terrible about it, given how much money talks in the us court system

Yeah, but money usually talks through a lawyer, and it doesn't look like Rich believes in those anymore.

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

Necrofiliate posted:

Look at it this way, no matter what he is going to make money, even if everyone mad leaves and the admins burn everything down on the way out, he will just fix it.

lol hold on though lets be real, lowtax could hire people (he absolutely cannot fix it) to fix it if it got torn down but would it even be the same thing at that point? would everyone really sign back up or would it just be a hollow husk? it would be nice, I can daydream.

but yes if you wanna know this is somewhat personal to me and i'm a little pissed off knowing that lowtax will have money to continue harassing his victims, i'm bitter about it, i'm sorry, he literally beat logan.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

LastGoodBoy posted:

As someone who has listened to several years of him

why

Puppy Doll
Dec 20, 2011

Hey everybody!
every time i check this thread i encounter new and horrible information

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Stalin-Chan posted:

lol hold on though lets be real, lowtax could hire people (he absolutely cannot fix it) to fix it if it got torn down but would it even be the same thing at that point? would everyone really sign back up or would it just be a hollow husk? it would be nice, I can daydream.

People would sign back up, but not the kind of people anyone would want to associate with. It'd be like a Voat situation.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

LastGoodBoy posted:

The "please bathe" notice would probably be the same, though.

:hmmyes:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

LifeSunDeath posted:

I straight up can't stand watching this...everyone of these people is insufferable...need someone to do a highlight report about it.

Ok I'll do it:
Message from Sal in the future. I wouldn't normally annotate something like this, but there are horrible loving rape jokes and very distressing conversations of domestic abuse. If those are triggering for you please for the love of God do not read this post.

Starts with Lowtax talking about losing the site, and then sort of rambles a bit. I think one of the hosts is Maddox? I'm not sure

He made 7 million billion dollars on SA

He blames the internet outrage culture, calls it a fire tornado

Lowtax sounds hosed up

He starts talking about the assault allegations from his first wife. Podcast host with long hair says "I would assume that a lot of ex-wives do that, and I would assume a lot of them are telling the truth and also doing it back."

Lowtax rants about how this should be tried in a courthouse. He says his Ex-Wife didn't show up in court and that exonerates him from all charges. His ex-wife wanted a do over but Judge said no.

Long haired host brings Lowtax back around

Lowtax starts talking about his 2nd wife and says he won't go into it too much, but says that she accused him of abuse because Violence Against Women Act allows a Green Card to be expedited. Both of the hosts are incredulous about this fact. "The Judge asked her point blank if I had ever abused her, and she said "He stood over me and told me to punch him in the face."

Lowtax starts talking about Logan next. He says that Logan is an awesome person and they both hosts laugh. Lowtax says that when Logan wasn't drinking she was awesome. But she would drink and mix that with antidepressents and would become a handful.

Both of the hosts are horrible people interviewing a horrible person

Lowtax says that he's spoken to people that know Logan publicly and they support Lowtax, but they are afraid to say anything because of the internet outrage machine.

I feel like I should know the hosts, but I don't. Apparently long hair guy is "Dick" and short hair guy is "Sean". That is how I will refer to them from here on out

Dick says that even when he announced that he was having Lowtax he was dogpiled by the internet outrage culture. He says that he is a white nationalist and racist. Dick then reads Logan's facebook post asking people to send money to his daughters. They compliment Lowtax's GTR and are incredulous about the accusations

Lowtax makes a terrible joke "I use my left hand to eat cookies and my right hand to beat women." He again says that if you are found not guilty it used to be that people would believe that, but now allegations (especially on the internet) are all it takes to take someone down." He says the internet views him as an evil villain that could club a woman to death and get off with dazzling the courts.

The thing I find interesting is that Logan and HIs first wife both accused him of standing over her.

Dick says it's interesting that Logan cited Missouri Law and not her safety, he then asks what happened.

Lowtax explains the story with Logan. He says he has "Degenerative Disk Disorder"

loving hell we are only 13 minutes in

Lowtax says he has no feeling on the left side of his body. Casually mentions he has a $90k medical bill from the appointment where his disease was found. He says that Logan came out to take care of Lowtax, he says that Logan swore she stopped drinking. Lowtax says that he told Logan that he wouldn't be much fun because he would be contained to bed for the most part. The day before the post Logan started drinking in the upstairs of Lowtax's house. He says he knew Logan was drinking because she was slurring her words. Logan was trying to instigate a fight with Rich, but Rich decided to go to sleep. Lowtax woke up to someone punching him in the spine, he jumped out of bed, slipped and pushed her while falling into a childrens desk.

Dick says that a backhand isn't an unreasonable reaction to being punched in the back. The hosts are vile

Lowtax says that he doesn't know why Logan said anything about stairs and thought it was a joke in relation to "Do you have stairs in your house?"

Lowtax says he called the Police on Logan, Logan started screaming "He's raping me, he's raping me." The 911 Operator asked Lowtax to leave the room

Dick then brings up the 2nd allegation of domestic abuse and muddies the water saying that since Lowtax's wife was taken from the house so that means it must have been serious and tells him something about Lowtax's 2nd wife

Lowtax then starts talking about how both instances of abuse happened right around when he was having surgery.

Lowtax then says he tried to leave the room after being punched in his spine, nerve, muscle area. Lowtax then gives the protip of not going to the bathroom

Dick then says Oscar Pistorious also learned the same thing. gently caress these guys are VILE

Logan then plowed through the bathroom door like Jack Nicklason in the Shining. Logan was screaming "I'm being raped" Lowtax then says "It must have been a mobile rape because I was trying to get away from her!" Dick then excitedly asks if the 911 call is public.

Lowtax then talks about how he was recording Logan since she blacks out when she drinks. Sean then says he has experience with Psycho Women in his circles, Dick agrees "We all do!" The two hosts talk about how the cops cuffed and pepper sprayed a woman and they both wish they had seen it live

Lowtax says he wasn't cohabitiating with Logan, she was only there because Lowtax's parents couldn't help him due to weakened immune systems.

Lowtax finally got away from Logan. The hosts ask if Lowtax was raping her the whole time. Dick asks Lowtax if he was drinking, but he doesn't answer. Lowtax then says Kiwi Farms is to blame for a lot of this. Kiwi Farms told Logan that she was a victim and gave Logan help.

Dick says he hopes that Logan gets help. Lowtax hopes he gets help first because everyone turned on him. All it took was an allegation, but because two other women have done it.

Logan apparently posted on Kiwi Farm, they don't read the post totally but focus on a line that says "I was too forceful trying to rouse him." Logan says that she would never purposefully harm Lowtax because she is not a violent person (Dick then says: Anyone who says that is a violent person) Logan says she doesn't blame Lowtax for anything. They then also read her Facebook post where she recants everything. Sean then says "Oh she's walking it back because she's afraid of him!" in a very sarcastic way. Lowtax then says he doesn't know anything about the Kiwi Farms post because he doesn't go there. They are all sucking off Lowtax and are saying that Logan is the horrible human.

loving hell it's at the 28 minute mark

Apparently Lowtax sent them these text messages alleged to the show.

(Sorry I had to take a break to refresh my VPN because FILE TRANSFER SIZE EXCEEDED)

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

kaworu posted:

I think it's just so loving funny that the staff are still doing stuff like handing out probations to people for the occasional "oh no now THIS went over the line..." post - even in this thread! - While simultaneously standing totally silent on the very public issues tearing the site apart from within and just doing nothing to fix anything and letting chaos and confusion reign. It's like... I don't know, setting up air purifiers to get rid of all the smoke so people can breathe a bit easier while ignoring the fact that the building is on fire.
idk what's funny about the mods doing the same things theyve been doing since forever

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Puppy Doll posted:

every time i check this thread i encounter new and horrible information

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

LastGoodBoy posted:

As someone who has listened to several years of him, yes. Sean is the complete opposite of Dick and is super level headed.

I'm so sorry. Who put you through that?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Biggest Problem was a great show and I stuck around for a while on Dick Show for the Maddox Goss until I got bored of it and disgusted by Dick.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

SalTheBard posted:

Ok I'll do it:
Message from Sal in the future. I wouldn't normally annotate something like this, but there are horrible loving rape jokes and very distressing conversations of domestic abuse. If those are triggering for you please for the love of God do not read this post.

Starts with Lowtax talking about losing the site, and then sort of rambles a bit. I think one of the hosts is Maddox? I'm not sure

He blames the internet outrage culture, calls it a fire tornado

Lowtax sounds hosed up

He starts talking about the assault allegations from his first wife. Podcast host with long hair says "I would assume that a lot of ex-wives do that, and I would assume a lot of them are telling the truth and also doing it back."

Lowtax rants about how this should be tried in a courthouse. He says his Ex-Wife didn't show up in court and that exonerates him from all charges. His ex-wife wanted a do over but Judge said no.

Long haired host brings Lowtax back around

Lowtax starts talking about his 2nd wife and says he won't go into it too much, but says that she accused him of abuse because Violence Against Women Act allows a Green Card to be expedited. Both of the hosts are incredulous about this fact. "The Judge asked her point blank if I had ever abused her, and she said "He stood over me and told me to punch him in the face."

Lowtax starts talking about Logan next. He says that Logan is an awesome person and they both hosts laugh. Lowtax says that when Logan wasn't drinking she was awesome. But she would drink and mix that with antidepressents and would become a handful.

Both of the hosts are horrible people interviewing a horrible person

Lowtax says that he's spoken to people that know Logan publicly and they support Lowtax, but they are afraid to say anything because of the internet outrage machine.

I feel like I should know the hosts, but I don't. Apparently long hair guy is "Dick" and short hair guy is "Sean". That is how I will refer to them from here on out

Dick says that even when he announced that he was having Lowtax he was dogpiled by the internet outrage culture. He says that he is a white nationalist and racist. Dick then reads Logan's facebook post asking people to send money to his daughters. They compliment Lowtax's GTR and are incredulous about the accusations

Lowtax makes a terrible joke "I use my left hand to eat cookies and my right hand to beat women." He again says that if you are found not guilty it used to be that people would believe that, but now allegations (especially on the internet) are all it takes to take someone down." He says the internet views him as an evil villain that could club a woman to death and get off with dazzling the courts.

The thing I find interesting is that Logan and HIs first wife both accused him of standing over her.

Dick says it's interesting that Logan cited Missouri Law and not her safety, he then asks what happened.

Lowtax explains the story with Logan. He says he has "Degenerative Disk Disorder"

loving hell we are only 13 minutes in

Lowtax says he has no feeling on the left side of his body. Casually mentions he has a $90k medical bill from the appointment where his disease was found. He says that Logan came out to take care of Lowtax, he says that Logan swore she stopped drinking. Lowtax says that he told Logan that he wouldn't be much fun because he would be contained to bed for the most part. The day before the post Logan started drinking in the upstairs of Lowtax's house. He says he knew Logan was drinking because she was slurring her words. Logan was trying to instigate a fight with Rich, but Rich decided to go to sleep. Lowtax woke up to someone punching him in the spine, he jumped out of bed, slipped and pushed her while falling into a childrens desk.

Dick says that a backhand isn't an unreasonable reaction to being punched in the back. The hosts are vile

Lowtax says that he doesn't know why Logan said anything about stairs and thought it was a joke in relation to "Do you have stairs in your house?"

Lowtax says he called the Police on Logan, Logan started screaming "He's raping me, he's raping me." The 911 Operator asked Lowtax to leave the room

Dick then brings up the 2nd allegation of domestic abuse and muddies the water saying that since Lowtax's wife was taken from the house so that means it must have been serious and tells him something about Lowtax's 2nd wife

Lowtax then starts talking about how both instances of abuse happened right around when he was having surgery.

Lowtax then says he tried to leave the room after being punched in his spine, nerve, muscle area. Lowtax then gives the protip of not going to the bathroom

Dick then says Oscar Pistorious also learned the same thing. gently caress these guys are VILE

Logan then plowed through the bathroom door like Jack Nicklason in the Shining. Logan was screaming "I'm being raped" Lowtax then says "It must have been a mobile rape because I was trying to get away from her!" Dick then excitedly asks if the 911 call is public.

Lowtax then talks about how he was recording Logan since she blacks out when she drinks. Sean then says he has experience with Psycho Women in his circles, Dick agrees "We all do!" The two hosts talk about how the cops cuffed and pepper sprayed a woman and they both wish they had seen it live

Lowtax says he wasn't cohabitiating with Logan, she was only there because Lowtax's parents couldn't help him due to weakened immune systems.

Lowtax finally got away from Logan. The hosts ask if Lowtax was raping her the whole time. Dick asks Lowtax if he was drinking, but he doesn't answer. Lowtax then says Kiwi Farms is to blame for a lot of this. Kiwi Farms told Logan that she was a victim and gave Logan help.

Dick says he hopes that Logan gets help. Lowtax hopes he gets help first because everyone turned on him. All it took was an allegation, but because two other women have done it.

Logan apparently posted on Kiwi Farm, they don't read the post totally but focus on a line that says "I was too forceful trying to rouse him." Logan says that she would never purposefully harm Lowtax because she is not a violent person (Dick then says: Anyone who says that is a violent person) Logan says she doesn't blame Lowtax for anything. They then also read her Facebook post where she recants everything. Sean then says "Oh she's walking it back because she's afraid of him!" in a very sarcastic way. Lowtax then says he doesn't know anything about the Kiwi Farms post because he doesn't go there. They are all sucking off Lowtax and are saying that Logan is the horrible human.

loving hell it's at the 28 minute mark

Apparently Lowtax sent them these text messages alleged to the show.

(Sorry I had to take a break to refresh my VPN because FILE TRANSFER SIZE EXCEEDED)

Thank you for your service

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Summary please. This thread is just too long. Is the forum ownership transfer happening or not? No one knows?

kru
Oct 5, 2003

So what's new I missed a day can we get a thread winners and losers rundown for the 'everyman' goon please

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

G.A.P.O. posted:

I'm not sure why the MRA podcaster teased this angle:

When it's pretty obvious, based on this (since-deleted) Facebook post, that Lowtax was also into it.

Also, lollin at Taxman still trynna tell people this was JUST WORK SRS I SWEAR

AH GOD WHY DOES IT KEEP HAPPENING

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

G.A.P.O. posted:

I'm not sure why the MRA podcaster teased this angle:

When she hits him with "I won't call you 'sir' anymore...' on the leaked audio you can hear the tension in his voice as he tries to play it off for the record

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

LastGoodBoy posted:

People would sign back up, but not the kind of people anyone would want to associate with. It'd be like a Voat situation.

who will pay :10bux: be be racist on a dead forum when there are so many other places to do it for free with cheering onlookers? even if you want that unique goon flavor there are already offsites full of ex-sa people posting slurs nonstop

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Hryme posted:

Summary please. This thread is just too long. Is the forum ownership transfer happening or not? No one knows?

zer0spunk posted:

"on one hand i have a guy who is actively willing to buy the site, for you know, uhh, cheap for what it is, but enough for me to start actually doing something else" - lowtax

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hryme posted:

The last update I heard was Jeff in line at the bank to figure poo poo out while looking for a lawyer familiar with Missouri law. Preferably one who doesn't have the last name Kyanka

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

witchy posted:

who will pay :10bux: be be racist on a dead forum when there are so many other places to do it for free with cheering onlookers? even if you want that unique goon flavor the are offsites full of ex-sa people already posting slurs nonstop

Who would spend $100 on lovely cookies?

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

witchy posted:

iirc the zero punctuation guy was a goon before he got big. he left because lowtax paid peanuts for content and then almost singlehandedly kept the escapist afloat for years, survived the site's death and has now his own fairly successful thing

ofc the whole "incompetent absentee" thing complicates any attempt to do anything other than stagnate

He posted 2 reviews on Youtube in his style and there was a bidding war to sign him. Lowtax offered him peanuts and The Escapist offered him money. I don't think he ever worked for SA.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yikes-a-roni

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009

Thanks

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

LastGoodBoy posted:

As someone who has listened to several years of him,
yikesarino

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

spouse posted:

I'm so sorry. Who put you through that?

Maddox.

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

Hryme posted:

probably

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

spouse posted:

I'd say this Richard Kyanka fella really screwed the pooch on that interview. He said he'd get the truth out and show everyone what's what, but it seems like people like him even less now.

Weird how that went.

Well when you're on the edge of tears, drunk and pilled-up and stress eating, you don't generally make for an endearing character.

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
this site is kind of already dead so i do wonder a little bit what it will be like after this but i wouldn't be shocked if nothing changed

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

considering that you listen to podcasts I'm gonna say yeah, shut the forum down

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

quote:

quote:

He's either lying through his teeth or even more of a fuckup than anyone ever imagined. Unless you buy six mansions a day it is literally impossible for any normal person to spend 1 billion dollars in a lifetime, much less 7. No website costs that much.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

LastGoodBoy posted:

You're talking about the guy that nods when the host goes "I mean a lot of ex wives accuse their husband of violence, and a lot of these ex-wives probably did some too!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

kaworu posted: