Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
talked again to the guys who had 20 exposed - 10 asymptomatic - 1 moderate, their asymptomatic dudes recalled some mild fatigue/diarrhea/temporary loss of smell/taste so they were extremely milds who thought at the time it was stress/overwork/bad food or whatever. none of the mild cases ever developed anything worse, makes you wonder how many asymptomatics there are out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

that guy is 100% gonna die

looks already dead to me.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

If you'd just stop and think about it for ONE loving SECOND you'd realize that not being able to smell or taste would be the ideal time to go to an Applebees.

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

actionjackson posted:

I got my first piece of original art today by this recovering drug addict dude. It's lava pouring over a tree on canvas. Showed it to my friend and remembered why I hate art

Ah the only thing more terrifying to people than Corona

A period, or anything that remotely looks like it

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

it owns that my first thought hearing about the actor being ravaged by this virus for 90 days is 'Jesus Christ imagine the medical bill'

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
if its suppose to look like a period then you might want a refund.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
I can't believe I keep having days where I'm just more bewildered than all of the previous days put together.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

I can't believe I keep having days where I'm just more bewildered than all of the previous days put together.

get your old av back wtf

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bolsonaro is future ben shapiro hopping back in time to cosplay as hitler of the amazon and getting owned all the same

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"
I mean looks like a rad smug octopus to me but what do I know

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

possible good news!

On Saturday’s episode of This Week in Virology, the hosts argued for sending kids back to school and that recent evidence showed it is probably actually relatively safe. They pointed to studies in China and Finland where young kids were sent back to school and they found that young children *actually have low transmissibility of coronavirus* No explanation why transmission was lower with young children, just observing that it was what happened.

This is contingent on being able to test young kids once a week LOL

I can’t remember if it was Finland or Denmark or both but at least one of them kept kids 6 feet apart good luck with that in the US

Young kids, like elementary school age, not middle or high schoolers

It's not just contingent on testing kids regularly or spacing them out, it's contingent on the reproduction value among the adult population already being below 1. This really cannot be overemphasized.

If you have infections under control, if not that many adults are sick at any moment to begin with, and if sick adults are not passing it on to >1 other person and fueling a growing epidemic, then (and only then) yes--the risk of infected kids going to school, spreading it to eachother, then their parents, and then into the community is a containable risk. The additional transmissions caused by this are not likely to take a declining case count and throw it back out of control, the same way that e.g. opening bars or being a loving idiot will.

On the other hand, if your poo poo is already getting wrecked while kids are home, opening schools is going to take your R > 1 and turn it into R even more > 1.

This is a really simple point that somehow keeps getting missed. The practical difference between R = 1.0 and R = 1.05 and R = 1.10 is really significant. The difference between R = 0.75 and R = 0.80 much less so. If you already have a runaway fire, there is no "safe" amount of accelerant to throw on it, and you can't apply lessons from countries which already had infections under control to the unmitigated exponential poo poo show we've got going on here.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it’s just the flu tho. deaths are way down, so it isn’t that dangerous. we can’t let the cure be worse than the disease. we just have to learn to live with the virus

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

that doesn't look like menstruation at all the gently caress is wrong with you

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
One thing that's really good is that no older people work at schools so if kids are fine then open er up, no problem, definitely cool.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I got my first piece of original art today by this recovering drug addict dude. It's lava pouring over a tree on canvas. Showed it to my friend and remembered why I hate art

thats a cool painting and it looks nothing like menstruation

that said the thing im more concerned about is that it seems you hung it in the bathroom

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

babypolis posted:

that said im more concerned about the fact you seem to have put it into your bathroom

well duh, that's where the menstruation happens???

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

kissing my stuffed virus before i drift off to sleep "i love you covey"

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Painting looks like fish gills im sorry.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Haha my friends are like this as well, that sucks I'm sorry.

Wait why did you say you hate art and not your friends

I just mean people can interpret art as pretty much anything even if just to annoy you

but yeah that's still an issue with people u rite

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 07:26 on Jul 7, 2020

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Chard posted:

kissing my stuffed virus before i drift off to sleep "i love you covey"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

babypolis posted:

that said the thing im more concerned about is that it seems you hung it in the bathroom

it just matched the colors in the bathroom better than the tan living room wall. are bathrooms not supposed to have art?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

actionjackson posted:

it just matched the colors in the bathroom better than the tan living room wall. are bathrooms not supposed to have art?

yea you put some poo poo above the fuckin shitter so u got something to look at while you take a big pbr piss. what you ait never pissed? aint got no piss in you? gently caress off.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I have a picture of the opossum screaming at he own rear end taped over a hole in the bathroom drywall

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

opossum my possum

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
reminder that covid is stored in the balls so it's no nut 2020 for everyone if we wanna get this under control

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
my bathroom is covered in mirrors. even the toilet is mirrored. trash can and toilet paper too.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Smythe posted:

yea you put some poo poo above the fuckin shitter so u got something to look at while you take a big pbr piss. what you ait never pissed? aint got no piss in you? gently caress off.

lol

having that space be empty otherwise looks weird.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Admiral Ray posted:

my bathroom is covered in mirrors. even the toilet is mirrored. trash can and toilet paper too.

mirror walls and carpet floor. love it

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Admiral Ray posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osqf4oIK0E8

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

oxsnard posted:

reminder that covid is stored in the balls so it's no nut 2020 for everyone if we wanna get this under control

better hold those farts too unless you wanna spread virus laden aerosol plumes

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Smythe posted:

mirror walls and carpet floor. love it

one of my friends had mirrored celings in their downstairs quarter bath and it always freaked me the gently caress out

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

oxsnard posted:

one of my friends had mirrored celings in their downstairs quarter bath and it always freaked me the gently caress out

gently caress is a quarter bath. u gotta pay to take a dump?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Smythe posted:

gently caress is a quarter bath. u gotta pay to take a dump?

maybe I'm thinking of a half bath. A powder room? It was a toilet and a sink

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

oxsnard posted:

Half bath yes

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i have an insatiable bloodlust but menstruation is icky! gross! pee-yew!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this forum is suck bull poo poo. in one thread they talking abnout loving 360 no scope head shotting cars at a protest and in the next they talking about some kkind of fractional bathroom in their palace. gently caress off

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

oxsnard posted:

cocaine room, yeah

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I thought a half bath was a shower. is that 3/4 of a bath. House terminology is bullshit, much like house ownership

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

been considering things these past few months and decided this fckin sucks bigly rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Smythe posted:

this forum is suck bull poo poo. in one thread they talking abnout loving 360 no scope head shotting cars at a protest and in the next they talking about some kkind of fractional bathroom in their palace. gently caress off

smoke more dmt bitch