Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
behold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO-phqmyqdY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Taintrunner posted:

What the gently caress. They charge for seat leather on a fake spaceship. Are you loving with me
Haha yeah, did they seriously add DLC customization to their spaceship JPEGs or is this a joke?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Too much fidelity for me OP

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Inacio posted:

they actually remove some from the shop to make them seem like rare limited time goods

but that's like, not "stock" it's either "available" or not. there's not some warehouse with shelves filled with a certain quantity of spaceships or a dealership storage lot with only a certain number of spaceships of a certain type.

I dunno why in the sea of stard cistern incongruities that i find that particular detail to be the most bizarre but still lol anyway

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

orcane posted:

Haha yeah, did they seriously add DLC customization to their spaceship JPEGs or is this a joke?

You can pre order pixels but hurry as there is a very limited stock

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

HiroProtagonist posted:

but that's like, not "stock" it's either "available" or not. there's not some warehouse with shelves filled with a certain quantity of spaceships or a dealership storage lot with only a certain number of spaceships of a certain type.

I dunno why in the sea of stard cistern incongruities that i find that particular detail to be the most bizarre but still lol anyway

When I email my father in law pictures of my lawn I have to keep going out to take more pics as the Lawn Pics folder on my pc keeps running out

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

peter gabriel posted:

When I email my father in law pictures of my lawn I have to keep going out to take more pics as the Lawn Pics folder on my pc keeps running out

I heard that taking repeated pictures also drains the soul of photographed stuff, can you confirm on the colour of your lawn?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I heard that taking repeated pictures also drains the soul of photographed stuff, can you confirm on the colour of your lawn?
every time another whale buys Idris, every other bought Idris becomes less special and thus every whale feels more and more hollow with every Idris purchase

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 13, 2020

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

I hope his lawn is blue, if Chris Roberts gets hold of those pictures that's a lot of pixels to change.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

orcane posted:

It has been in for a while, but - and this is important - only for the Origin 300 series (300i, 315p, and 325a) of fighters. They announced a while ago that they were finally going to let players start picking things like the color of their ship on purchase (note that 'purchase' here relates specifically to cash purchases, not in-game) and that they were going to roll the system out with the 300 series. They actually did do that, if you go drop $55 on a new 300i you can choose between three different 'included' colors, but they also included a ton of stupid monetized poo poo. For example, if you want the completely pointless "FRESH BREW KOFI" coffeemaker in your ship's stupid little kitchen area that's gonna run you about $2. The "OTTAVA SOUND SYSTEM" is another $3.

This all takes place on the website, by the way, none of this is doable in-game as far as I know. And they have yet to roll out customization-on-purchase for any other ship. They farted the system out with the newly redesigned 300i and then promptly forgot about it.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

two things i really love:
- they added it for the 300i, 315p, and 325a... but not for the 350r. because workflows and pipelines
- you can pay more for premium bedding sheets

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

It's a bright white, was green.
Spooky

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

DarkDobe posted:

AS REQUESTED:

(The original if curious: https://imgur.com/a/Scb1RLW )

Not gonna lie (and also to repost because this is a work of art) I'd be happy taking the robertses and joke stuff out of it and just seeing 70s stylized spaceships and colorings, you really captured the style with your editing and palette. That ribbon into the upper right spaceship is cool as poo poo

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

It has been in for a while, but - and this is important - only for the Origin 300 series (300i, 315p, and 325a) of fighters. They announced a while ago that they were finally going to let players start picking things like the color of their ship on purchase (note that 'purchase' here relates specifically to cash purchases, not in-game) and that they were going to roll the system out with the 300 series. They actually did do that, if you go drop $55 on a new 300i you can choose between three different 'included' colors, but they also included a ton of stupid monetized poo poo. For example, if you want the completely pointless "FRESH BREW KOFI" coffeemaker in your ship's stupid little kitchen area that's gonna run you about $2. The "OTTAVA SOUND SYSTEM" is another $3.

This all takes place on the website, by the way, none of this is doable in-game as far as I know. And they have yet to roll out customization-on-purchase for any other ship. They farted the system out with the newly redesigned 300i and then promptly forgot about it.

I wonder if it's the little hooks like this that are going to get CIG into legal snags later on. It's one thing to say "LOL digital ships buy now it's a donation" and such, but digging into the weeds with leather seats and coffeemakers that don't exist, that's a completely separate level of fraud. You can always point to a working ship and say "well this ship technically isn't in game yet, but look, it'll be like these other ships and work like them" but what does the coffee maker do exactly? Or the sound system? It doesn't matter if they only stole $3, it's still theft and establishes a pattern of conduct that's clearly aimed at the mentally ill, which is not a good look.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

I mean have you seen the DLC for FSX?

And yet Train Simulator has more than twice the number of pieces of DLC than the Steam version of FSX :ohdear:

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Inacio posted:

they actually remove some from the shop to make them seem like rare limited time goods

Let's expand on that. They only remove the ones that are "extremely" expensive, creating hyper nerd panics and the resulting rush to buy the next time they become "available"

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

orcane posted:

This is truly the game that just keeps on giving.

So glad I got a refund.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

HiroProtagonist posted:

Just wait for Croberts to announce that ongoing conflict in the Sagittarius A* sector is disrupting calf leather shipments to the spaceship factories on NeoDetroit Primaris, and that consequently there will be jpg shortages beginning in Q3 of spaceyear 2020. Buy now to avoid disappointment!!!

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Goddamn it it’s deskeletonization day tomorrow and all the card shops are shut. I suppose I could just make my own ‘Happy Deskeletonization Day’ cards, but I don’t want to seem cheap.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I should do what my grandma used to do before she was ground forcibly into civil meat, and buy a few ‘Happy Deskeletonization Day’ cards at a time so I always have one on hand.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

colonelwest posted:

Lol, Lando is such a loathsome little troll of a man. He has no appreciable talents or skills and negative charisma, so he just covers it up with layers upon layers of smarminess. Watching him play that game is like anti-entertainment.

He seems determined to ride this out for all it’s worth till the bitter end. He’ll probably be on a live stream talking about the latest elevator re-factoring as the Sheriffs come to serve the eviction notice for CIG’s offices.

I feel for him in a way though. He’s a wannabe content creator/nerd culture personality who has drifted between dead end jobs his whole life. Being the public face of this train wreck is his peak, he’ll never work in the industry again. When CIG shuts its doors, he’ll re-donn his red apron and take his rightful place behind the key making machine at Lowe’s.

drat dude, that's dark...

Probably accurate, but dark.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

This is amazing.

It's 100% what I expected when I looked at the ship skins I had in my inventory, right before I requested the final refund, but loving :laffo:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I'm just bummed out today. I feel like he and I are on the same career path and I don't even have the swarmy-ness to fall back on :(

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I'm just bummed out today. I feel like he and I are on the same career path and I don't even have the swarmy-ness to fall back on :(

Zazz, don't let the turkeys get you down. You gotta fly like an eagle, not f- be like a turkey.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Armitag3 posted:

Zazz, don't let the turkeys get you down. You gotta fly like an eagle, not f- be like a turkey.

Thanks trumpet man :)

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

The Titanic posted:

Thank you all. I'm doing better. I'm home again and trying to keep myself staying sane despite the crazy amount of things I can't do now. But I am keeping on going! <3

Be well! The world needs more big boat.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

drat dude, that's dark...

Probably accurate, but dark.

Well a lot of this is straight from Lando’s own mouth, the rest I guess is just my horrible insomnia from being completely off of my normal work schedule for months. But, I don’t really have anything against him, it’s just the reality of the situation. I don’t really find Lando’s lack of talent and or dead end career to be funny per se, it’s his complete lack of self-awareness that’s ridiculous.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Hey, we’ve all been there man. I wasted almost all of my twenties, then I had to sell my soul to the US Army for 3 1/2 lovely years just to get into a decent job.

In the end it’s all pretty silly anyway, we’re all going to die and whatever meager possessions we accumulated will rot away. No one is going to be waiting at the pearly gates with a scorecard of our life achievements and Reddit karma.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah, we all make mistakes. Hell ask Roberts.

I'm sure someone will crank out another Bond poster with "Die Today" tomorrow.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Taintrunner posted:

Janitor’s mop and bucket

Yeah but can you put a cargo box in the bucket so you can enjoy all the mission?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Flow chart guide to PvP content posted:

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I'm super tickled that some people in this thread have apparently never looked into proper flight sims, those are the most expensive games made if you want everything. Just check out Eagle Dynamics' prices for DCS modules.
Like if you want just the F16 it will run you $80 alone for just the jet, and it can get way crazier with all the peripheral controller things like a yoke, pedals, usb instrument panels and so on.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I feel like this chart is missing a key component here: Are you having fun?

I know people want a real life simulator, but at the same time it's a video game for kids, marketed towards esports kids who play Fortnight. If any of them want to figure out the slog, they soups be able to shoot you down just to watch the pretty explosions.

I'm sorry your explosions cost hundreds or thousands of dollars, and can take hours or days to regenerate... but that's not the fault of the kids playing the video games. They just want to have fun.

Maybe talk to the developer about who their target audience is, and why over the years it's been "everybody", other than to learn their one true motive you may not be aware of. collect as much money as they can while targeting everybody and delivering nothing to any of those groups.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Dreadwroth2 posted:

I'm super tickled that some people in this thread have apparently never looked into proper flight sims, those are the most expensive games made if you want everything. Just check out Eagle Dynamics' prices for DCS modules.
Like if you want just the F16 it will run you $80 alone for just the jet, and it can get way crazier with all the peripheral controller things like a yoke, pedals, usb instrument panels and so on.

CIG is charging far more than even DCS for single ships and ships in Star Citizen have the flight model fidelity of a cardboard box attached to strings.

Edit: If I bought everything for DCS right now it would cost $2,278 I already own a few items so it's actually slightly higher for someone new buying in, but DCS stuff routinely goes on sale for as much as %50 off. That's still less than one $3000 Javelin that isn't even in game and will likely be broken just like everything else if it ever releases.

Popete fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 13, 2020

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Popete posted:

CIG is charging far more than even DCS for single ships and ships in Star Citizen have the flight model fidelity of a cardboard box attached to strings.

Upgrade the strings to carbon fibre for $2 a string

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Popete posted:

Edit: If I bought everything for DCS right now it would cost $2,278 I already own a few items so it's actually slightly higher for someone new buying in. That's still less than one $3000 Javelin that isn't even in game and will likely be broken just like everything else if it ever releases.

Yeah but flight sims are actual games that exist.

MisterBishop
Sep 2, 2011

Nooby engineer

That reminds me, what ever happened to B'tak? Doesn't he hate that PvP is still not able to be turned off like Roberts promised waved his hands and mumbled?

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Dreadwroth2 posted:

I thought it was the train simulator until SC came around.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

MisterBishop posted:

That reminds me, what ever happened to B'tak? Doesn't he hate that PvP is still not able to be turned off like Roberts promised waved his hands and mumbled?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I can't imagine how anyone can extrapolate all this theoretical gameplay from digital Colorforms™. There are hard sci-fi books out there that don't reach this level of pointless minutiae and detail, but they think this game will, due to the following evidence:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Scruffpuff posted:

but they think this game will, due to the following evidence: