Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Johnny Walker posted:

The Phantom

Should I try to contact me again?

See also Lister talking to future Lister in Red Dwarf: Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers.

Snype

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Some Guy TT posted:

Huh. It's real, and continuing today. Any chance you or someone else could post these, at least until the story arc's over? I can tell it's not easy, given that you posted the black and white version rather than the color one on Comics Kingdom which can't be easily swiped.
I pulled it from https://www.creators.com since that was what came up first when I was searching for Herb and Jamal for reasons actually unrelated to posting it in this thread. I can't even find it on Comics Kingdom.

Nekonaughey

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Haifisch posted:

I might drop Nancy since it keeps being extremely illegible for no apparent reason. As compensation have some 70s handwringing over test tube

I wanna solve it, Pat.

She asks the cute boy his name, he says, "Frank."

She writes, "I love Frank"

Sluggo arrives, scowling, so she adds to the bottom, resulting in, "I love franks and sauerkraut"

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 15, 2020

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I really want to know if there's a specific story behind this or what, this is great.

Conan th- whoa, poo poo, did not expect that! Dec. 3rd- 9th, 1979

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Ghostlight posted:

I pulled it from https://www.creators.com since that was what came up first when I was searching for Herb and Jamal for reasons actually unrelated to posting it in this thread. I can't even find it on Comics Kingdom.
It's on GoComics.

PainterofCrap posted:

I wanna solve it, Pat.

She asks the cute boy his name, he says, "Frank."

She writes, "I love Frank"

Sluggo arrives, scowling, so she adds to the bottom, resulting in, "I love franks and sauerkraut"
I agree but I think she changed "Frank" to "Frankfurters." It looks to me like that's the left side of an 'F' rather than an 'S' there.

Also it may have been "Nancy Loves..." rather than "I Love..." but there is no way to tell for sure.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 25, 2022

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

wow a good zits. never thought i'd see the day.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Sundae posted:

Going back to the age-old question of which of these artists has the weirdest smut collection of his own characters: Look at the angles of the arms there and the length of the dude's arm. Note the straightened elbow. Now consider the position he needs to be in for that to be anatomically-possible whatsoever. :wtc:

Alternative acceptable answer: She's lying on her side and is holding her own hand, reaching toward the camera. E: Nope, elbow is backward for that.

Brooke draws lamprey people. They don't have jaws or joints.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

Comics Kingdom is back so it's time for Rae the Doe babey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡!

good luck girls

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Rae the Doe: congratulations on finally making me react to your comic with an amused snort

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Wow. I didn't think the art could get worse in Rae.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

this won't work if Everett True works in Florida

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G Christmas in July

Christmas isn't Christmas until animatronic Ronald Reagan holds a star in front of a triangle-shaped bush.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

I've been wanting to like Rae the Doe, it seems charming enough, I kinda like the meta aspect, it's had some amusing jokes, but I've been thinking that the introduction has been dragging on a bit so I'm very hopeful that with this sudden turn of events it starts to pick up. Because this is certainly a twist that I hope plays out.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

catlord posted:

I've been wanting to like Rae the Doe, it seems charming enough, I kinda like the meta aspect, it's had some amusing jokes, but I've been thinking that the introduction has been dragging on a bit so I'm very hopeful that with this sudden turn of events it starts to pick up. Because this is certainly a twist that I hope plays out.

The webcomic never leaned that heavy on meta

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

the art in rae the doe gives me night in the woods vibes somehow

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Fort Knox

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

catlord posted:

I don't know, the "now the author is in their own comic and the characters rebel!" is something I wearily remember from a million web- and sprite comics that ran out of ideas.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah I absolutely immediately thought of Bob & George.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Haifisch posted:

Dick Tracy

what the gently caress

hy are they bringing back this shitass

is somebody on this team reading this thread or something why are they bringing back one of the very first dick tracy villains, "Flunky" Viller?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Dick Tracy should team up with Mark Trail to figure out who is smuggling "yeti" pelts into the city.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rae the Doe is good, and better than a few thread regulars such as Funky, Gamweed, Rose is Rose, and Foob. :colbert:

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

davidspackage posted:

I don't know, the "now the author is in their own comic and the characters rebel!" is something I wearily remember from a million web- and sprite comics that ran out of ideas.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah I absolutely immediately thought of Bob & George.

Welp, either I'm right at that age where I'm vaguely nostalgic for my wasted youth (I never read Bob & George but I had a friend who did, so...) or I'm just glad something's happening. It feels like each character got two weeks of introduction, at least now there's some sort of storyline developing.

God, I hope it's the second one. I don't want to go back and rediscover some of the stupid poo poo I was into as a kid.

Edit:

Manuel Calavera posted:

Rae the Doe is good, and better than a few thread regulars such as Funky, Gamweed, Rose is Rose, and Foob. :colbert:

I mean, I can't argue with that.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Herb and Jamal

Bonus:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

GoComics must filter out every slur below "uppity"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zelda

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Smuggo Sluggo

Dustin

Mandrake

Man in Black

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Boo These Women

Get Fuzzy 7/14/00

Brenda Starr 12/21/00

Last week, graphic violence. This week, Christmas cheer. Spoilered for typical 1940s depiction of a black family (made somewhat worse by the fact that these scans are still too dark).

Smokey Stover 7/26/36

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (November 30, 2008)

Arlo and Janis Classic (November 30, 1998)

Garfield Classic (November 30, 1988)

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 1/19/54

They'll Do It Every Time 1/21/47

Mopsy 2/1/43

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

cats.jpg

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mr. Boop

:nws:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I feel almost certain I asked this same question last time but what the :lol: is Rhode Island dressing

:google:

quote:

This is a perfect sauce to a fresh salad or seafood. It is served cold and is very easy to make and can be made as strong as you wish. Why this Swedish sauce is named after the state of Rhode Island in New England of the United states of America is a mystery. The sauce resemble a lot of the sauce called Thousand islands sauce, that is also served cold to salads and seafood.
weird

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 15, 2020

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's basically Thousand Island dressing but Swedish.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Comic Strips 2020: You're Pregnant With Love for Your Wife

Alternatively:

Comic Strips 2020: I Didn't Learn Anything From Any of This

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Dec 10, 1951)

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 19-20, 1987)

Robbie and Bobby

(Apr 18, 2016)

(Jul 10, 2020)

(Jul 11, 2020)

Mikl posted:

Comic Strips 2020: You're Pregnant With Love for Your Wife

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

It's basically Thousand Island dressing but Swedish.

It's pink goop you pour on on your burger like the filthy animal you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä

Spoilered for Arab stereotype. His dialogue is in pretty standard Finnish pidgin-English (or "rally-English") and might be meant to reflect the way the Finnish characters hear it, but this is 1980's so yeah.

Rivutti in panel six is a local colloquial name for Crywood.