Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"For no reason at all, I've found myself playing a lot of Street Fighter lately. It's getting in the way of the manga but what can you do?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Spoilers: Gigantomachia just flings Mt. Lady out of the way effortlessly. Kamui Woods tries to get Midnight in range to put him to sleep but a blast of fire from Dabi takes out Kamui and some compressed rubble knocks Midnight out of the sky and beats her up pretty badly. Redestro squares up on Edgeshot. Jirou detects Gigantomachia coming, and Midnight calls Momo to let her know he's coming. Momo has to come up with a plan to stop Gigantomachia and pops out some gas canisters for the rest of the class. Setting up Momo against Gigantomachia is kind of hilarious because this is either her umpteenth complete failure or Gigantomachia gets unceremoniously beaten after endless hype.

Gigantomachia's internal thoughts: I may have effortless broke through all her plans and all the heroes on the way to Master but somehow...it feels like I'm the one who TRULY lost

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gigantomachia is going to throw the fight to Momo because he can see she needs the confidence boost.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Gigantomachia is going to throw the fight to Momo because he can see she needs the confidence boost.
Momo's true quirk: Pitiability

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

rannum posted:

Gigantomachia's internal thoughts: I may have effortless broke through all her plans and all the heroes on the way to Master but somehow...it feels like I'm the one who TRULY lost

lmao

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

rannum posted:

Funky Valentine posted:

Sounds about right.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Finally saw Heroes Rising and I liked Nines's line about Deku having the potential for more Quirks, and I imagine that the original ending this is based on would be Deku losing his Quirks one-by-one until it's OfA vs AfO, and then he shares OfA with Bakugo and they go ham on Shiggy, and the series ends with Bakugo as #1, but Deku as the Greatest Hero because he defeated the Greatest Villain

just wish the final battle wasn't a bunch of colors zipping around, because it was very boring to watch compared to when you could actually tell what was happening.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lovely Speedscans up: https://w18.readheroacademia.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-278/

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 17, 2020

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sigh, I can't believe I'm falling for this poo poo again.

Please pull it off.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
really hope the kids actually loving win this or hori should just cut out half the cast next arc

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

v cool moment for cementoss imo

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I can see the kids successfully putting Gigantomachia to sleep while the rest of the League manage to get through to the battlefield to where Shigaraki is. They keep bringing up that he woke up prematurely, so I assume that's going to backfire on Shiggy soon so that he'll need to be rescued by his crew

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I think a decent compromise is that Gigantomachia isn't defeated by the kids' strategy, but his destructive capability is diminished enough for him to be a bit more manageable.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Well gently caress Gigantomachia actually is dragging Mt. Lady attached to his ankle.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Professorjuggalo posted:

really hope the kids actually loving win this or hori should just cut out half the cast next arc

If they don’t win half of them probably will be stamped out :v:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Momo's plan will fail, but then Kendo will come in with a better idea to save the day, but still gives credit for the win to Momo for some reason.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I believe in Momo.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I believe in Momo.
Unless there's some other swerve I don't see Momo and the kids failing here, but then that makes Gigantomachia seem like kind of a chump. I think a lot of people wanted to see who he'd fight and how much rear end he'd kick but so far he's demonstrating he's really powerful by just...kinda ignoring everyone as he tramples over them. That's a good sign of strength but not really a fight- and if it ends with Momo and the kids just finding a way to put him to sleep with sleeping gas then...ehhh. But if this doesn't really work, it's basically Momo failing to be of any real use again.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The ideal compromise here is that Gigantomachia (and the League) straight up kills several heroes *and* students before he's successfully put to sleep but I don't know if Horikoshi / Shonen Jump's editors have the balls for that.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The kids put Gigantomachia asleep but he lands on almost all the pro heroes, killing them instantly.

Momo still loses.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Gigantomachia goes to sleep, runs over to Shigarachi anyway. He has a dream about a cool hero he saw once.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe Momo almost does it but gets backstabbed by the traitor.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think we all know that Momo will weaken him enough that through Kirishima will be able to headbutt him so hard Gigantomachia snaps out of his sole focus to get to Shigaraki and is sufficiently entertained by Minas breakdancing that he just stops and has a sit down for a bit.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This feels like in pro wrestling when two people who shouldn't be losing get put in a match together. You either get a dumb non-finish or one person loses all their momentum.

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jul 18, 2020

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

TheKingslayer posted:

This feels like in pro wrestling when two people who shouldn't be losing get put in a match together. You either get a dumb non-finish or one person loses all their momentum.

put on spoilers!! But I agree, hori could have switched giggy and re-destro and it would have been better for both situations, but I almost think something big is gonna happen here just because of it

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jul 18, 2020

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I predict this will be a partial success (to put it in TTRPG terms), and buy them some time. My assumption is Momo & co will temporarily stop Gigantomachia, make the League stop and fight the heroes for a few minutes, then Gigantomachia will wake up again and they'll end up escaping.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Please finally kill Mineta, Hori-chan.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Machia choking on shrooms would be anticlimactic

bootleg robot fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 18, 2020

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

RatHat posted:

Maybe Momo almost does it but gets backstabbed by the traitor.

Is the traitor mentioned from season 1 still at large? I assumed the traitor turned out to be the LoV teleporting quirk guy. They got into UA undetected because he was the corpse of an alumni who wouldve had permission to teleport inside.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 18, 2020

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Please finally kill Mineta, Hori-chan.

Mineta is 5th or 6th in line to die for that in class A alone.

Off the cake guy, tail man, invisible girl and tentacle dude, they will not be missed.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tentacle dude is cool.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sub Harrison posted:

Is the traitor mentioned from season 1 still at large? I assumed the traitor turned out to be the LoV teleporting quirk guy. They got into UA undetected because he was the corpse of an alumni who wouldve had permission to teleport inside.

This makes a lot of sense. But what about the schedules and the summer camp?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

This makes a lot of sense. But what about the schedules and the summer camp?

Which schedules exactly? Been a long time since I read the earlier arcs. I felt since teleport guy was captured the League has had no info on UA, but this was also the same time AfO was captured and LoV lost all their resources.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The schedules is super easy to know the answer to though, they stole them when Shiggy decayed the doors. The reporters acting as a distraction for whoever got the class schedules. The League knowing how to find the summer camp is the far more suspicious bit and the only true example of the need for there to be a traitor in UA.

But even then, it’s possible they watched and tracked the school busses. Or AfO was able to know where OfA is and used that to guide the League.

The traitor is just the principal’s best guess for how the USJ attack and the Summer Camp attack happened, not necessarily the accurate guess.

Also I would miss Tentacle Man and Invisible Girl and Tailman. Cake guy is whatever though.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-278/chapter/20881?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007310

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
I don't think there is a traitor and it was All For One tracking Deku via One for All somehow. There are probably a lot of holes in that though.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

...given Momo's track record, I'm really not holding out hope at this point

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

A Bug posted:

I don't think there is a traitor and it was All For One tracking Deku via One for All somehow. There are probably a lot of holes in that though.

The traitor was the friends we made along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The traitor was the hiatuses we ran into along the way that caused everyone to forget that plot point