Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
Sorry, what I mean is, shrieker takes enough damage to shield itself and pop over to the platform, thralls start spawning apparently continuously, one of my team grabs the ball, wizards spawn, then wipe. I think we were just all overtaken by some kind of idiot tunnelvision and forgot you can in fact put the stupid ball down to go back to killing things.

Anyone know if more of the wizards spawn if the ball times out and you need to grab it again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No, it's only ever the two

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
For the Thorn strike the thralls continuously spawn throughout the fight and can kill a full health player in 2 melee attacks. The successful runs I have done have had someone staying near the entrance and blasting the thralls as soon as they spawn. Getting hit by a seeker from the boss, running to cover, and then getting one shot by a thrall you didn’t know was there is the worst.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

I solo'd that poo poo using Esoterickk's lead. :smugface:

Majere
Oct 22, 2005
Bottom tree? Titan is great for trash mobs like that. Punch one thrall, stand in glorious sunspot. All the thrall will pile on you bursting into even more sunspots while you make more sunspots shooting everything else. Pheonix cradle legs will let your teammates share the glory of said sunspots.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Majere posted:

Bottom tree? Titan is great for trash mobs like that. Punch one thrall, stand in glorious sunspot. All the thrall will pile on you bursting into even more sunspots while you make more sunspots shooting everything else. Pheonix cradle legs will let your teammates share the glory of said sunspots.

Hunter abilities are so worthless compared to Titan/Warlock.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Captain Log posted:

Hunter abilities are so worthless compared to Titan/Warlock.

I dunno, having a panic invisibility/reload button when you need one is great, especially if you have max mobility and optionally Sixth Coyote.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Captain Log posted:

I'm afraid of chatting with actual randoms. :(

Sometimes you have to

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Is the delay of the next season really to make sure everything works well, or is Bungie trying to keep players in Destiny and not defect to Cyberpunk 2077 by moving their release date to the week prior?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Pretty big gamble making it a week before cyberpunk.

They better have some taken king+ quality content ready.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

How far back did it get pushed?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Until the week before cyberpunk steals everyone

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is cyberpunk supposed to have some pretty good pvp?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Does it matter? Destiny really isnt that notable of a pvp game

Stravag fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jul 17, 2020

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

At release nothing but after release they plan to add one. It will probably something limited, but people are already expecting GTA Online from it, and is just wishfull thinking.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Well it won't have multiplayer until some unspecified time in the future, so no.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

My latest PvP complication video for those who wanna see.

This one's got a bit of everything

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I just finished collecting all the calcified fragments and realized I've missed four. I've checked every spawn point on the four worlds and don't see any emblems for the fragments.

I'm going to have to go spot by spot with YouTube, aren't I? Heaven forbid they just mark all the spots with an X on the main map.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
THE BUBBLE!

https://i.imgur.com/HiLv2QX.gifv

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Log posted:

I just finished collecting all the calcified fragments and realized I've missed four. I've checked every spawn point on the four worlds and don't see any emblems for the fragments.

I'm going to have to go spot by spot with YouTube, aren't I? Heaven forbid they just mark all the spots with an X on the main map.

What more do you want, your Ghost literally highlights them for you to see when you have him out.

dreggory
Jan 20, 2007
World Famous in New Zealand

Captain Log posted:

I had the same issue, just use the map function on https://www.braytech.org and it'll show the locations and what you've missed.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Judge Tesla posted:

What more do you want, your Ghost literally highlights them for you to see when you have him out.

That's what I'm saying - I've spawned in at every point on each planet and can't see any additional icons.

dreggory posted:

I had the same issue, just use the map function on https://www.braytech.org and it'll show the locations and what you've missed.

Ahhh, thank you. I'll get that wrapped up today. This is wonderful!

Edit : I'm an idiot. Figured it out.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 18, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Holy gently caress this map is a game changer.

Thanks again. I’m going to unlock so many emblems. :downs:

dreggory
Jan 20, 2007
World Famous in New Zealand
It's some seriously impressive dedication to video game brainworms. Probably the only reason I have the Wayfarer title *and* most of my sanity still intact!

I also used it to nab all the lore/scans/etc. on the 4 soon to be vaulted planets :can:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Which one of these scan quests gets the coolest emblem?

It's a shame that I'm so locked into the Future War Cult emblems, because those are the best. Outside of the emblems you buy, because of course those are the coolest.

Thanks to that interactive map, I've realized there are Lost Sectors I've missed. Mostly because I've barely spent any time in the Dreaming City.

That new Exotic is actually pretty drat fun. I was wondering where those drat purple balls kept coming from.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005
Is anyone from Bone Krew filling in as a sherpa for raids? I still haven't finished the original Leviathan, let alone any others. For years I've tried a dozen or so times to finish it and every single time people just flat out leave at the last boss. Pretty lovely to say the least which is why I've never even bothered attempting any of the others. I'd like to finally get some of the unique items before they disappear.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Oh yay, I've finished upgrading this season's perk tree! Awesome, a ship!

:looks at ship earned after weeks of work, it is just a re-skin of a ship that's been around forever:

:looks in Eververse and sees five or six completely new and unique ships. For money:

:stare:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, what, you were expecting a good looking ship for free? That's not how this works buddy.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

The vast ocean of difference between the silver cosmetics and the regular cosmetics is asinine. Especially considering the amount of work that can go into unlocking poo poo in Destiny. I can't think of a game since World of Warcraft that had such time sink grinds.

Unlocking that super special "Do two to three hours of work a day" Guardian Games emblem was so anticlimactic. Because it's so white you cannot make out anything. It just looks like a blank notepad document as an emblem.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Luke Smith posted:

We have made deliberate choices related to cosmetic items and not having them come from gameplay. Gameplay rewards are where you get items, power, mods, perk combinations, stats, triumphs, and titles. The aesthetics for armor blurs the line some – we want players to get cool armor from activities and the world that feel thematic to where they were acquired. Cosmetic items like universal ornaments, weapon ornaments, shaders, ships, sparrows, emotes, and finishers typically come from the store (There are exceptions, but generally speaking, that's how we think about this).

We are continuing to try and separate capability/gameplay from vanity. Armor 2.0 and Universal Ornaments are big parts of this separation.

They’ve relaxed that stance a bit, but it’s still pretty obscene lol.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Captain Log posted:

I can't think of a game since World of Warcraft that had such time sink grinds.

Luke Smith was the Scarab Lord on Eredar...

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

https://youtu.be/DD7kgpI1Lww

This was not far off being a 7th column with a loving side arm.

One day. One day

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

CheeseFactory posted:

https://youtu.be/DD7kgpI1Lww

This was not far off being a 7th column with a loving side arm.

One day. One day

Oh great now I have to change my handle to EnigmasDraw

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Majere posted:

Is anyone from Bone Krew filling in as a sherpa for raids? I still haven't finished the original Leviathan, let alone any others. For years I've tried a dozen or so times to finish it and every single time people just flat out leave at the last boss. Pretty lovely to say the least which is why I've never even bothered attempting any of the others. I'd like to finally get some of the unique items before they disappear.

What’s your GT?
Edit: nvm found ya.

We have been running old raids in the evening getting people loot and catalysts. Don’t know if we are going to run another Calus anytime soon. What exactly were you looking for in drops?

Adregan fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jul 24, 2020

Majere
Oct 22, 2005
Thanks man. Just looking to complete them, whatever extras along the way is gravy. I'll be on this evening and weekend.

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

Majere posted:

Thanks man. Just looking to complete them, whatever extras along the way is gravy. I'll be on this evening and weekend.

I just sent a request to join the clan. My buddy and I haven’t finished any of the raids and are down to run some before they disappear

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I've never done any of the raids. If you need an extra person, hit me up. As long as I have a little notice, I can be free a lot of evenings/nights.

While I'm far from good, I'm not near as useless as I used to be.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005
looks like we got a fireteam going!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

After finishing the engram focusing thing and having no remaining quests, I'm bouncing off this season pretty hard. I don't think it's really the season's fault, especially compared to last season. But going through weekly errands to get a piece of Eris lore isn't really enthralling to me.

What's the hotness for a PvE sub gun? My Exit Strategy/Bug Out has been my Go To sub guns forever, but they are capped at 1060.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Log posted:

What's the hotness for a PvE sub gun? My Exit Strategy/Bug Out has been my Go To sub guns forever, but they are capped at 1060.

Ikelos v2, with Seraph Rounds, Subsistence or DSR (if you worry about Subs. reducing your reserves), and some combination of Demolitionist, Disruption Break, or Surrounded to taste. It makes warmind cells, and will be one of the 2 last primaries capable of doing so to rotate out.

I'm not minding the season having some lulls to let me actually play other games. There's also Moments of Triumph stuff to do if you want.