Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cantwellmuckenfuss
Mar 30, 2011

Last Chance posted:

always loved music

my mom caught me singing with my CD player when i was a kid and burst in and laughed at me asking "is there a dying farm animal in here? LOL"

i never sang where anyone could hear me ever again LOL

That's not LOL and you can always sing. Sing loudly, proudly and poorly like the rest of us dicks everyone wishes would shut the gently caress up. People who don't sing are the weird ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

cantwellmuckenfuss posted:

That's not LOL and you can always sing. Sing loudly, proudly and poorly like the rest of us dicks everyone wishes would shut the gently caress up. People who don't sing are the weird ones.

child conditioning is a weird thing huh

cantwellmuckenfuss
Mar 30, 2011

Boiled Water posted:

child conditioning is a weird thing huh

It is and it sucks. Start singing in the shower and spread out from there. I'm not kidding. Singing is a great thing and I hope you can overcome your lovely parents. Sing! badly! or well! You might have a beautiful voice you don't know about yet. Or not! I know that sounds flippant but it's not meant to be.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I sing so badly it made my daughter cry until she was old enough to put her fingers in her ears and now she does that instead. Doesn't stop me!

(give it fifteen years to see a post addressing this from her point of view, poor child)

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Not a great post, I just enjoy the rapid escalation in the first sentence.

AITA for slapping down a Marie’s Calendar Frozen meal after my picky husband deliberately threw away my homemade pasta?

quote:

My husband is a picky eater and when I think about it thoroughly, I don’t feel attracted to him anymore. I feel like he is missing out on a lot of things and because I love him, I tolerate that part of him. What is annoying is how he doesn’t want or try to blend into society & be normal and polite. Today, I surprised him with making chicken tenders with coconut oil & sweet potato fries & pasta baked to encourage him to eat healthier & stay in his comfort zone. When I surprised him, he didn’t even seem excited. He was all “oh What is this???” And I said “your favorite meal!!!” And he said “oh uh okay, I’m not that hungry” and I said “try itttt” and he got a plate of chicken tenders and fries & said “why is there paprika on it” and “why are the fries orange” and that got me annoyed. I’m going to say this but why did I marry a 6 year old??? I explained to him that I want him to be slightly out of his comfort zone by trying my food I have worked hard on. He took one or two bites and said “I’m full” and threw it away right in front of me. He did say “thank you though” but I was shocked. I got so mad that today I brought home a Marie’s Calendar Frozen dinner and slapped it on the table and said “here a nice gourmet meal”. It was out of humor and disgust of my husband’s behavior.

cantwellmuckenfuss
Mar 30, 2011

Sanford posted:

I sing so badly it made my daughter cry until she was old enough to put her fingers in her ears and now she does that instead. Doesn't stop me!

(give it fifteen years to see a post addressing this from her point of view, poor child)

I like the cut of your out of tune jib. Raise your daughter to make an unholy cacophany!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Propaniac posted:

AITA for slapping down a Marie’s Calendar Frozen meal after my picky husband deliberately threw away my homemade pasta?

First I want to get out of the way: Marie’s Calendar.

Second now I can say: the OP doesn’t say what her husband’s reaction was, which makes me think he actually didn’t mind, but she feels bad because she thinks that’s a bad thing to do, and in her ideal world (where she has a husband who’s not a picky eater) it would obviously be an rear end in a top hat thing to do. But she doesn’t live in that ideal world, she lives in one where she’s married to a guy who doesn’t like paprika.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I really want to know the Tori story from the perspective of the work boyfriend. Either he's a super naive guy who thinks his previously often unavailable girlfriend has suddenly become super committed to him OR he knew he was her side guy but was cool with it because he liked having a work gently caress buddy and now she's not just become his actual girlfriend who he still has to work with but is also moving in with him and he's panicking.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

It was out of humor and disgust

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Propaniac posted:

Here's an idea, maybe don't marry someone if they have a personality trait you force yourself to tolerate and plan to constantly push them to change it.

Also, any grown man who wants to eat near exclusively chikkie tendies and fries isn't a marriage prospect they're just looking for a mother-wife to take care of difficult things for them like laundry, cleaning, cooking, and possibly rear end wiping.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jul 23, 2020

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Love to eat a healthy meal of chicken fingers, fries, and pasta

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It’s breaded chicken breast with pasta and a side of sweet potatoes. Heavy on the carbs but there’s nothing wrong with it.

https://twitter.com/Dear_PruD/status/1286198500317945856?s=20

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Baby steps. She literally tried to switch his fries for sweet potato fries to get him a tiny bit more vitamins and it was a bridge too far lol

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Don't think I've ever seen this caveat in an advice column before.

quote:

For the record, Slate’s legal team disavows my advice.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Straight White Shark posted:

Baby steps. She literally tried to switch his fries for sweet potato fries to get him a tiny bit more vitamins and it was a bridge too far lol

I'll be honest, sweet potato fries suck.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

100 percent correct.

Turnip fries however loving own

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

They're good but they 100% need seasoning, at least pepper if nothing else.

But paprika is also a bridge too far apparently so :shrug:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Don't think I've ever seen this caveat in an advice column before.

i voted anonymous letter just to let him know the cat is dead. does that make me weird? feels cruel to not give any closure even if you could while still avoiding telling the complete truth

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for wearing a t-shirt with a comedy character on it?

quote:

I’m sorry about the title, I don’t know how to put this in words!

A few years ago I went to see Jeff Dunham show with my parents. My dad wanted to buy me a souvenir and I opted for the t-shirt with Achmed the Dead Terrorist on it.

Recently I was grocery shopping and bumped into a friend I haven’t seen in a while. I was wearing the t-shirt. As we had finished catching up he cautiously asked if I really want to wear that shirt in this political climate. (Side note: I’m not from USA and the situation here with all different cultures is quite ok, definitely could be better but there isn’t that much violence.) I honestly hadn’t thought about this because this is a humourous shirt for me.

Now I’ve been thinking if I’m TA.

[The shirt has a skeleton (Achmed) on it and the background makes out a text saying ”I keel you]

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

teen witch posted:

100 percent correct.

Turnip fries however loving own

I like turnips a lot but I cannot conceptualize how a fried or baked turnip would taste

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teen witch posted:

Guessed immediately what it was because there is only one thing it could ever be

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

teen witch posted:

What does it say about me that I guessed correctly from the title alone.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Last Chance posted:

always loved music

my mom caught me singing with my CD player when i was a kid and burst in and laughed at me asking "is there a dying farm animal in here? LOL"

i never sang where anyone could hear me ever again LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQKYTKfd9cA&t=14s

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Tarkus posted:

I'm not alt-right and I'm fairly certain the others aren't either. Not everything is divided between holy-and-good and Nazi scum. Most people exist outside those hard lines.

Pirate Radar posted:

Nobody’s saying it is.

The Lone Badger posted:

Use of the word 'cuck' implies that OP is a channer or alt-right. In both cases the wife should sever immediately.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Propaniac posted:

Picky eating seems so common nowadays, it feels like it became kind of an acceptable lifestyle choice rather than a glaring red flag people should be ashamed of.

Just don’t gently caress a dude who only eats chicken tendies, it should be body pillow/anime boob mousepad levels of turnoff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Let people eat what they like, who cares

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

This is easier to do if you are not in a relationship with them, and therefore don't have to agonize about making sure chicken tendies are available any time you want to eat as a couple

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

The Lone Badger posted:

Use of the word 'cuck' implies that OP is a channer or alt-right. In both cases the wife should sever immediately.

my memory must be tricking me because i seem to recall every other joke on this forum involving the word 'cuck' about a year or so ago

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Let the KIDS!!! eat what they want!

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Mozi posted:

my memory must be tricking me because i seem to recall every other joke on this forum involving the word 'cuck' about a year or so ago

The I AM A loving MORON era was a lot longer ago than that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mozi posted:

i voted anonymous letter just to let him know the cat is dead. does that make me weird? feels cruel to not give any closure even if you could while still avoiding telling the complete truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0dC_G6CAYI

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pirate Radar posted:

Nobody’s saying it is. I’m certainly neither holy nor good and I still raise an eyebrow when people use the word because a lot of the time when I see it online it’s in situations that make me think the person would have said “f*g” but recognized that word’s not cool to use anymore so they had to settle for something else.

But the box didn't say "Faggo for chocolatey milk!"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Straight White Shark posted:

This literally never works

And going all JUST TRY IT on a picky eater always backfires completely, because now you've added significantly more stress and pressure to an unpleasant situation

It's a psychological condition that needs the right treatment to deal with, trying to bully people into being normal doesn't work in high school and doesn't work on adults

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

teen witch posted:

Racism only happens in america

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And going all JUST TRY IT on a picky eater always backfires completely, because now you've added significantly more stress and pressure to an unpleasant situation

It's a psychological condition that needs the right treatment to deal with, trying to bully people into being normal doesn't work in high school and doesn't work on adults

Idk man, I was bullied in high school and now im completely totally normal, I promise, please don't hit me

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Pope Corky the IX posted:

But the box didn't say "Faggo for chocolatey milk!"

That would kinda rule tho

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

teen witch posted:

A few years ago I went to see Jeff Dunham show with my parents.

:chloe:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I dunno I was a picky eater in high school and got over it by just repeatedly trying other food in college so I wouldn’t be that guy. The problem is they don’t care if they’re that guy, they think nothing is wrong with it.

There are probably some niche cases where actual therapy is needed but most are just manchildren who could easily start eating broccoli if they wanted to change and slowly introduced a greater variety into their diet, they just don’t want to.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Some situations could be ARFID

But...some are straight up unwillingness.

I feel bad ragging I’m picky eaters but good lord is it ever a turnoff for me. You get to not like certain foods (gently caress you salmiakki), but being a child about it...nnnoooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno I was a picky eater in high school and got over it by just repeatedly trying other food in college so I wouldn’t be that guy. The problem is they don’t care if they’re that guy, they think nothing is wrong with it.

There are probably some niche cases where actual therapy is needed but most are just manchildren who could easily start eating broccoli if they wanted to change and slowly introduced a greater variety into their diet, they just don’t want to.

It must be a nightmare to travel to foreign countries with someone like that. Imagine having to go to McDonalds in Italy on vacation because your lame husband didn't want to try some of earth's best cuisine