Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

How many genders are there

i’ve been told there are at least three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Hey now, this is the Epstein thread for Ancient Alien Illuminati derails. The Epstein thread for gender talk biotruths details is elsewhere. :nono:

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Did this person just equivocate UFOs and loving evopsych? Jesus Christ.

was an alien

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

its a bi-modally distributed set of characteristics that some people try to boil down to a simple binary

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Happy Thread posted:

Also the only people more boring than ufo deniers are evopsych deniers. Denying the basic economics that mathematically play out in gene pools. In brains that are indifferently assembled by gene pools. Really, it goes back to nearly everyone having poor intuition about the power of exponents, such as after n generations.

Or pretending that gender is not an important variable in gene pools, under the delusional view that the act of reproduction requires that both genders pay a remotely comparable investment cost.

Not just people who hate chud evopsych evangelicals, but who flatly rule out the whole inquiry because of that association. Boring.

Lol, I'm both a bio and SoAn student, and evophsych is a punchline in both, as it's using bad the former, for just so stories in the latter.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Happy Thread posted:

Also the only people more boring than ufo deniers are evopsych deniers. Denying the basic economics that mathematically play out in gene pools. In brains that are indifferently assembled by gene pools. Really, it goes back to nearly everyone having poor intuition about the power of exponents, such as after n generations.

Or pretending that gender is not an important variable in gene pools, under the delusional view that the act of reproduction requires that both genders pay a remotely comparable investment cost.

Not just people who hate chud evopsych evangelicals, but who flatly rule out the whole inquiry because of that association. Boring.

lol

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

StratGoatCom posted:

Lol, I'm both a bio and SoAn student, and evophsych is a punchline in both, as it's using bad the former, for just so stories in the latter.

I was a psych student 10 years ago and evopsych was a joke then.

I'm pretty deep into the paranormal and I think it's a loving joke.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Happy Thread posted:

stop learning science from elon musk tweets

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Happy Thread posted:

:ironicat:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

OutOfPrint posted:

I was a psych student 10 years ago and evopsych was a joke then.

I'm pretty deep into the paranormal and I think it's a loving joke.

Hit me with any good paranormal resources you like! I've been listening to mysterious universe for a long time but i finally decided to look up the two hosts and found one of them is a conservative libertarian, so lol kinda done with them

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

you gotta remember the navy and the air force both have big shortages in pilots and all kinds of tech fields and are gearing up for a BFW (big loving war) in the pacific and what better way to sell the kiddos with some computer skills on that by convincing them to sign up to chase UFOs around instead of being blown up on the runway by a chinese ballistic missile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uFlxmLp388

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q7fxXKpu1E

that space command commercial is hilarious for a variety of reasons. I fly satellites for a living for Boeing.

1. collision avoidance (COLA) is known many days/weeks ahead of time. probability of collisions are well know and calculated way ahead of time by powerful computers. the maneuver is usually a tiny series of puffs from a thruster that takes an hour or so to complete. if the satellite actually moved as fast as you see in the commercial a solar array yoke would probably rip off and all kinds of components would have huge induced moments that would gently caress up all kinds of bus or payload electronics or thermals.

2. that comm sat looks like the size of the ISS. there are no comm sats up there that look like that.

3. the Air Force doesn’t fly poo poo except airplanes, they hire contractors to
do their flight ops. everyone in the military is a total idiot compared to the Stanford PhD contractors.

I know this is a derail but it’s crazy seeing propaganda like this commercial from someone working in that industry.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

This guy needs a new title and AV related to it, it's so entertainingly bad.

I'll post a 10 buck donation to RAINN recipt if I have to.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
see in the environment of ancestral adaptation if you your brain was making crack and pinging noises then your kin could more easily find you to assist in hunting so the psycho-module was passed down

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

celewign posted:

that space command commercial is hilarious for a variety of reasons. I fly satellites for a living for Boeing.

1. collision avoidance (COLA) is known many days/weeks ahead of time. probability of collisions are well know and calculated way ahead of time by powerful computers. the maneuver is usually a tiny series of puffs from a thruster that takes an hour or so to complete. if the satellite actually moved as fast as you see in the commercial a solar array yoke would probably rip off and all kinds of components would have huge induced moments that would gently caress up all kinds of bus or payload electronics or thermals.

2. that comm sat looks like the size of the ISS. there are no comm sats up there that look like that.

3. the Air Force doesn’t fly poo poo except airplanes, they hire contractors to
do their flight ops. everyone in the military is a total idiot compared to the Stanford PhD contractors.

I know this is a derail but it’s crazy seeing propaganda like this commercial from someone working in that industry.

do go on

one of the most surreal things about turning on the TV in an American hotel room is seeing the ads for Raytheon and Lockheed and poo poo reminding you that America's defense contractors in union with the American military are working to keep you safe, citizen

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

StratGoatCom posted:

This guy needs a new title and AV related to it, it's so entertainingly bad.

I'll post a 10 buck donation to RAINN recipt if I have to.

post a funny picture to give them for an avatar (that is appropriately sized) and I’ll do the thing

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
hundreds of thousands of years of evolution and selective breeding and all i got to show for it is a homozygous copy of the bad poster gene

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

im guessing these documents in the maxwell case wont be released

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Wheeee posted:

do go on

one of the most surreal things about turning on the TV in an American hotel room is seeing the ads for Raytheon and Lockheed and poo poo reminding you that America's defense contractors in union with the American military are working to keep you safe, citizen

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/848982344111280130

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

that kills me every time, his delivery perfectly captures a crack ping

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Lightning Knight posted:

post a funny picture to give them for an avatar (that is appropriately sized) and I’ll do the thing

This look good?

I'm willing to take alternates by any goon that can think of anything better.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Happy Thread posted:

didn't know geoffrey miller was a goon but it loving figures :biotruths:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The only recruiting ad that has ever mattered is the one where homeboy navigates through black mesa to fight the balrog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mw1SB5P_FM

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

HELLO LADIES posted:

fart horn is only the most famous black budget project developed during the second crusade, wake up sheeple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-n_5eEf7cA

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

shame on an IGA posted:

The only recruiting ad that has ever mattered is the one where homeboy navigates through black mesa to fight the balrog.

when i was a kid, this ad made my dad so loving mad.

"They're making it look like a videogame! It's not a videogame! It sucks!"

me, 10 years old: "so it's like Fester's Quest or....?"

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

Starship Troopers: satire or prophecy?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

the inquiry into the mass shooter in Nova Scotia earlier this year, who went on a 2-day GTA spree dressed up like a cop in a faked cop car shooting people and burning houses, is going public after constant outcry from the Canadian public. The Inquiry was originally slated to have no transparency in the name of, as the RCMP repeatedly stated, "not wanting to re-traumatise the victims".

https://twitter.com/BillBlair/status/1288202222417960960?s=20

This is the same case where the killer withdrew almost a half milly in cash directly from a Brink's depot in Nova Scotia, which anonymous RCMP officers have since clarified is not a means through which private citizens can withdraw money (financial assessments into the killer's businesses could also not explain the withdrawal), but is a means through which the RCMP get cash for agents/informants. Killer's neighbour Peter Griffin (lol) helped print the decals to fake the RCMP car and Griffin has gang ties to drug running for La Familia. Finally, upon learning about the start of the killing spree, the RCMP in Nova Scotia failed to use their public alert system, which residents will typically tell you is, if anything, overused under other circumstances (is often used to warn about things as innocuous as lightning storms). The failure to warn has been directly linked to at least one of the deaths of a woman who went for a walk not knowing anything bad was going on in her area. There has been no real explanation for the RCMP's failure to act. During the spree, two RCMP officers had guns drawn and inexplicably shot bullets into a firehouse that was housing community members sheltering from the killer. Everything about it is insane.

The list of weirdness goes on and I'm sure there's lots I missed just like I'm sure there will be lots missed in the now public inquiry.

The most prevalent theories I've seen are that this is another example in a long history of police forces teaming up with citizens that are right-wing nuts and facing the consequences of providing money and power to someone liable to snap like this. The killer, Gabriel Wortman, has for a long time played pretend cop, collecting retired cop cars and outfits from auction and even citizen's arresting cops for parking illegally in his business parking lot.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Didn't Canada immediately ban a bunch of guns after they had issues with immediately after?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Fixed my problematic post. No need for us to be jerks to each other.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Happy Thread posted:

Fixed my problematic post. No need for us to be jerks to each other.

please burn all of your evopsych books and find some hill that’s less of a laughingstock. like the hollow earth guys or something

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Wasabi the J posted:

Didn't Canada immediately ban a bunch of guns after they had issues with immediately after?

yeah here are the details. I’ve read elsewhere that this amounts to a full list of like 1500 makes. it’s pretty heavily criticized on account of the fact that the shooters guns are reported to have been acquired illegally anyway

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms/need-know-the-government-canadas-new-prohibition-certain-firearms-and-devices

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGAAhzreGWw

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

shame on an IGA posted:

They've pulled it but there is one where the air force invades degobah, done not as a joke. It has two moons and all and they sort of ignore the fact they are invading not earth.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

that account is a pro follow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfThs_ZD6n4

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi
https://twitter.com/deletescape/status/1286058164786364416?s=21

I didn’t see this turn up yet amid the ufo derail.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

want to open a line of credit in ghislaine's name lol

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Spergin Morlock posted:

want to open a line of credit in ghislaine's name lol

Spergin Morlock, 2 months from now: "All I wanted was furniture and a pizza! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW!"

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/jeff_kaye/status/1288197000836419584?s=19

potential answer to why jeff was hired for dalton: perhaps his first job was supposed to be recruitment of certain kids from wealthy and ibfluential families. perhaps this was a non-starter, it would make too much noise. switch gears, change up, snap to: epstein procuring girls then using then to recruit other children to give him massages, then working up to sending them on kompromat missions. snap to: sexual abuse and degradation helping to break a subject's spirit as per MKUltra, making them more pliable assets.

gh0stpinballa has issued a correction as of 01:54 on Jul 29, 2020

nut
Jul 30, 2019

gh0stpinballa posted:

https://twitter.com/jeff_kaye/status/1288197000836419584?s=19

potential answer to why jeff was hired for dalton: perhaps his first job was supposed to be recruitment of certain kids from wealthy and ibfluential families. snap to: epstein using his girls to recruit other children to give him massages, then workibg up to sending them on kompromat missions. snap to: sexual abuse and degradation helping to break a subject's spirit as per MKUltra, making them more pliable assets.

maybe a similar route as to why jeff was groomed at all in the first place? Wasn't he an incredibly accomplished pianist/ahead in school?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

gh0stpinballa posted:

im guessing these documents in the maxwell case wont be released

Everyone will forget about that soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

OutOfPrint posted:

Spergin Morlock, 2 months from now: "All I wanted was furniture and a pizza! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW!"

i'm not actually going to do it lol. i just think it would be funny