Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
SNG has made no effort to find scum this game day.

Guess why? It is not part of his win condition.

Let’s kill SNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think tpink could be scum but I don’t find the reasons compelling whereas I think the listed characters have earned scrutiny

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What’s the case on me then

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I have never, and will never

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

yuming posted:

SNG has made no effort to find scum this game day.

Guess why? It is not part of his win condition.

Let’s kill SNG.
Scum have to scumhunt in this game, though. It's not technically in their win condition, but this no-NKs state of affairs can't continue and I imagine they're not thrilled with the idea of dying in the night.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GenericGirlName posted:

I think the problem with this case is that scum also have to find scum. Scum not being able to sell a case on other scum in this game is just being bad at mafia (which I am, in addition to being bad at :justpost:). Ngl this game is huge and I was hoping for NK information to make it easier to build cases. Instead everyone who’s fired the gun feels townie for doing it as per their own scum reads.

what

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
idk I think scum are fine to let things ride. They certainly have LESS motivation especially if on the opposite team as Cena which SNG would be.

Are we gonna kill anyone today?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Extended deadline because I won't be around when it hits due to work issues and I want to post flips ASAP to keep the game moving.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yuming posted:

idk I think scum are fine to let things ride. They certainly have LESS motivation especially if on the opposite team as Cena which SNG would be.

I think we can all agree on hambeet

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

Let's look at this for a moment - In a scenario where we no lunch today and then the scum continues to be [jean ralphio voice]The Woooooooorst[/jean ralphio voice], that means starting today with the same number of players, just with a fresh gun. Multi gun drops don't start until D5, at which point the "fun" begins.

I really would rather not no lunch today. We've lucked (is it luck?) out at the lack of NKs in this game. We still need 9 votes on someone and the top person has 3 with less than 3 hours to go (assuming Epsilon's push on Discord is correct which of course it is)

I'd be okay with DGK or beet today. Both have votes. I guess I'll ##vote beet and I should be online at EOD

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Mafia edit - or E+ could extend the deadline while I'm posting, that works too

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

What?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Spoonsy posted:

Let's look at this for a moment - In a scenario where we no lunch today and then the scum continues to be [jean ralphio voice]The Woooooooorst[/jean ralphio voice], that means starting today with the same number of players, just with a fresh gun. Multi gun drops don't start until D5, at which point the "fun" begins.

I really would rather not no lunch today. We've lucked (is it luck?) out at the lack of NKs in this game. We still need 9 votes on someone and the top person has 3 with less than 3 hours to go (assuming Epsilon's push on Discord is correct which of course it is)

I'd be okay with DGK or beet today. Both have votes. I guess I'll ##vote beet and I should be online at EOD

Even with the extension I agree with this re:no-lunch

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I apologise for being poo poo today, I have a hangover and am struggling for motivation

However, I am currently feeling a bit of a renewed sense of vigour which will no doubt end soon

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

We should execute GGN

##Vote GGN

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

JC spent all day bussing her and pushed her early on only to gradually downgrade her as a the day went on

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

GenericGirlName posted:

I think the problem with this case is that scum also have to find scum. Scum not being able to sell a case on other scum in this game is just being bad at mafia (which I am, in addition to being bad at :justpost:). Ngl this game is huge and I was hoping for NK information to make it easier to build cases. Instead everyone who’s fired the gun feels townie for doing it as per their own scum reads.

Disagree on the first point, scum just have to survive. As long as they're not going down, every vote/shot/NK that doesn't hit them (and odds are better that any of those hit town than scum) they're coasting closer to win conditions.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

GenericGirlName posted:

Cena is a jerk but I have been lead to believe that the alignment of his jerk-itude isn’t easy to figure out day 1. I find him scummy but I’m also trying to be less of the “I hate that everyone let’s everyone with these lovely metas get away with everything!!!” So it becomes null(but D2 scummy immediately if it continues).

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'll be around for deadline (and a lot more present when I'm off work in ~2.5 hours, because of my hosed-up schedule this was the tail end of my lunch break)

I know taste refuses to do it, but can someone give me a nutshell case on hambeet? I might have a blind spot because he's been agreeing with me on stuff, but I haven't really been seeing it.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I will not be around for the deadline, people should seriously read GGN, there’s no town motivation to her posts

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The only thing I’ve seen against beet is his tone feels bad? I’ll vote him but I don’t particularly think he’s scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GGN feels like an upgraded lurker lunch. I think of all JC’s reads, that one is sincere. Unless it was a hard bus I guess

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

GGN feels like an upgraded lurker lunch. I think of all JC’s reads, that one is sincere. Unless it was a hard bus I guess

If you read it through, it definitely feels like a bus: it starts strong, based on nothing, and as the day progresses, he slowly backs off on it: he never really wanted to get GGN executed, he just wanted the appearance of doing so.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

GenericGirlName posted:

I have finally caught back up.

I can see the argument for Tpink, who I also forgot was in the game.

But I similarly was prepared for Solus to flip scum.

DGK/Hum/Sci all seem like hard working town who are getting really annoyed with all the lurking. This is fair imo. Sorry I haven’t been putting in the efforts.

On to my true post:
Hambeet - you said you felt confident that humma was town, but then you were pushing them (including a vote on them) to shoot the gun. We’ve still got some time before deadline and failing to shoot wouldn’t be a garunteed loss for town- so what was your concern there?
Again I quote this post to highlight, what happened to GGNs suspicion of SNG.

Why isn’t she engaging with me about it?

I think it is because she is scum and she pushed the case to distract from Cena. (pssst so is SNG).

##vote GGN

My preference is SNG>>GGN>>DGK

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

yuming posted:

I think it is because she is scum and she pushed the case to distract from Cena. (pssst so is SNG).

This is also a good point

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

yuming posted:

I'm good with my DGK vote.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

tpink posted:

I'm good with my DGK vote.

Cool! There's more stuff to talk about though. Like, what would your preference be between the other people who were discussed today? Like, what would be your order of preference with GGN, SNG, and Hambeet?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Scientastic posted:

I will not be around for the deadline, people should seriously read GGN, there’s no town motivation to her posts

yuming posted:

Again I quote this post to highlight, what happened to GGNs suspicion of SNG.

Why isn’t she engaging with me about it?

My preference is SNG>>GGN>>DGK

This is actually a really good point too. GGN was going after SNG very very hard, and did not identify a single other potential person as scummy at that point. She then comes out with a list of suspects and SNG is not even mentioned.

GenericGirlName posted:

DGK’s posts, especially around the lurker/scum convo feels like frustrated town.

Caveat about frustrated town reads: I could also see an argument for frustrated scum looking very similar to frustrated town. No NKs and town continuing to kill town might be making scum worried about late game with it coming down to scum v scum. On the other hand, if the scum teams are confident maybe that shouldn’t frustrate them at all?

I also obviously disagree with her read of DGK for reasons I said yesterday, and the caveat about frustrated town reads also reads like a way to preempt arguments down the line if the "frustrated town" in fact flips scum.

GGN wasn't really on my radar until I re-read all her posts together just now, but pinging me now.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Power of Pecota posted:

Cool! There's more stuff to talk about though. Like, what would your preference be between the other people who were discussed today? Like, what would be your order of preference with GGN, SNG, and Hambeet?

DGK > GGN > hambeet > SNG

I don't really understand the hambeet case. There's a few votes but I don't see a good explanation for it.

I continue to think that SNG shooting Bif would have been too risky for scum to do on D1 given how active she was at that point and given the cases she was making. I understand people's views on why it all could have been a big plot but I'm just applying Ockham's Razor. SNG, if you are in fact scum, congrats on playing a pretty good game and being able to fake that kind of content. I couldn't do it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
To be more specific: after seeing yuming's post on GGN and then re-reading GGN's posts, I would also be ok with a GGN vote tonight if it means avoiding a no-lynch, though I still prefer DGK. I'm a no on hambeet for now because as I said, I don't see what the case is on him and it's not been well-articulated. I'm on a no on SNG as of now for reasons I already said.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

DGK2000 posted:

Oh this is better, you didn't even read my posts after D1 and are being selective.

tpink posted:

I just re-read all your posts when we got into this tizzy - what are you talking about? What relevant after-D1 posts do you think I'm ignoring?

And I also remembered that DGK never responded to this post after I called him despite otherwise heavily engaging with me all afternoon yesterday.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey spoonsy thanks for your vote, can you elaborate why?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also, how many days will we let taste go on saying he will never case?

Because its starting to annoy me that if I get a gun I can’t just hip shot steak anymore and will actually have to decide on two targets.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

With ggn I’m not opposed to that vote, however I don’t know if a ‘cena bussed them’ is as legit of a case when there are two scum teams.

Like, not every case a flipped scum pushed is automatically fake in this game. </dad>

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hambeet posted:

Also, how many days will we let taste go on saying he will never case?

Because its starting to annoy me that if I get a gun I can’t just hip shot steak anymore and will actually have to decide on two targets.

If I get a gun tomorrow it’s either taste or whoever else I decide to shoot because I agree.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Ok I had a migraine today and I'm half asleep from the meds so don't expect much

I still think the case on DGK is solid and I'm side-eying people who aren't even glancing at it

I think "Cena cased GGN" is a lazy case and I have yet to see an actual case on hambeet

Lemme see who else people are voting right now because I don't remember much else

##vote dgk

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Did tpink ever actually express suspicion of anyone?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

Wanna share with the class or are you being ~strategic~

I can’t drink this summer cos I am pregnant. There is just something about summertime weather.

Taste, what’s pinging you about hambeet?

Mazel tov on the wee one, sorry it means no liquor for you

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Cena didn’t “case” GGN, go read his posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Scientastic posted:

Cena didn’t “case” GGN, go read his posts

I used the wrong word. He mentioned her repeatedly. That's what I meant. I saw it before.

Also I respectfully decline: I am not reading gently caress all right now because I'm groggy and nauseous, you guys are lucky I even showed up