Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Breakfast All Day posted:

It blows my mind when I see new gameplay videos, because back then it was a game that was definitely not fun but had the bones to become fun, to something not only not fun but with the bones shattered into dust. It's that that moved my opinion from "it's not a scam, just incompetence and scope creep" in the early years to "lol it's obviously a scam" now, because they pretty clearly intentionally scuttled the viable game they had because they knew the whale bux valve would get turned off if they released something.

This is pretty on point. Lots of charities wind up like this - they have something good they want to do, more money comes in than they anticipated, they grow to handle the capital, and then the focus winds up shifting from "let's do this good deed" to "how do we keep a business this size going."

CIG's development, design, decisions, everything about it has zero to do with making a game. It's driven entirely by "how do we keep the income at this level indefinitely."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

CIG's development, design, decisions, everything about it has zero to do with making a game. It's driven entirely by "how do we keep the income at this level indefinitely."
nope, they gotta keep growing since $40m a year is absolutely loving nothing a year

hitting $100m/yr finally puts them in on the lower tier of profitable gaming companies, but I suspect they really, really want that $750m to $2b AAA gaming income

good luck with that guys

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheAgent posted:

nope, they gotta keep growing since $40m a year is absolutely loving nothing a year

hitting $100m/yr finally puts them in on the lower tier of profitable gaming companies, but I suspect they really, really want that $750m to $2b AAA gaming income

good luck with that guys

People forget that they spend like $54 million a year lol. If they keep spending like this $100 million a year is probably their floor for remaining solvent long term lol

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

This is Star Citizen in a nutshell
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/pico-the-penguin-plush-looks-like-garbage

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

The top posters in that thread are the same posters that were there like 6 years ago

E: Actually 6 years ago was 2014 lmao, 8 years then

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Yep, there’s like 10 guys playing the game and 100000 Russian mafia bot accounts laundering money in fake spaceships

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Taintrunner posted:

Is it just me or are the faces getting worse as time progresses

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

:smuggo:

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Inacio posted:

the image for the july 2020 dev report

I love that these dummies still can’t show a character with long, flowing hair because they know it will look like poo poo.

Luckily the hair pipelines will kick in any day now after literally years of claiming they’re working on it. Then I’ll eat these goonie words and retire from the internet in shame.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fidelitious posted:

Mostly making fun of Trump on twitter.
He still posts about Star Citizen and SQ42 on his forums but he doesn't tweet much about them anymore.

You're not going to get any July-blog level entertainment from him anymore I don't think.
It's alright, at least I got two sixers out of his temporary return to SA :woop:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1291178168766869505
https://twitter.com/LtDanOfficial1/status/1291179397123366912
https://twitter.com/AMourningstar/status/1291185102869782529

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

You guys seem to forget that their first iteration of faces were based on some of the CIG's personnel (in the UK!). Those were some real freaks of nature.

Don't be mean. :(

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bumble He posted:

Yes i want to apologize for:

- derailing the tread with a subject which was clearly going to end in a fight or a probation
- everyone who felt offended, i certainly did not want to offend trucutru (and also flared)

i will go into commando mode and "take a break" from this beautiful shitshow which is store citizer
because often im stressed out after work and maybe its not good to then hop onto the next forum to start arguing again

still like this thread and all the funny poo poo that is going on here
and all the regulars who hang out here

o7

I forgive you. :glomp:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
$50 for a mining golf cart. Incredible.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yes, she has 4 ears, bite me.

The Titanic posted:

Don't be mean. :(

Yes, she has 4 ears, fight me.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 6, 2020

marumaru
May 20, 2013

oh yeah i used the roc too yesterday

the mining is the same thing as usual, but the tractor beam sucks. it's really, really laggy, so you sometimes have to aim at rocks and wait for several seconds while the game decides if its going to pick anything up
and the payouts are also pretty bad, unsurprisingly

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Is Star Citizen sexy? (Link to the whole gallery in the comments) CREATIVE nsfw posted:

quote:

VENUS

I like to challenge myself and look for unordinary pictures and themes. Is there a place for sexuality in Star Citizen or is it just too artificial and weird? I think there is beauty to be found but I’ll let you decide. ;)
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/citizen-spotlight/18188-VENUS

quote:

Honestly, with as realistic as CR wants this game to be, we should be able to get nude. Although nudity outside of your ship in an armistice zone should grant crime stat. That way people aren’t just running nude everywhere.

quote:

Oh.. man .. there are some who think the whole world should be staunchly.. celibate and the sight of a naked torso is enough to send them ballistic. fortunately CR seems never to have shared that view, so WAIFU is probably going to be a thing.

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Aug 6, 2020

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

pretty much sums up everything about star citizen in a single loving picture

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

Well I'm glad Prompto is still getting work today.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

Yes, she has 4 ears, fight me.

Well you're calling a picture of a game character ugly rather than a whole group of real people freaks of nature. So there's a difference and we don't need to fight. We can coexist in peace. :)

Namaste, friend. :)

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
@ﮎ!БƸⱤﬡƸ‡!ӃϠ@Grim-HEX

Yesterday at 4:48 pm

to be honest, there is a lot of fluff here just to fill up the patch notes and make it seems like there was actual progress made... if this was an anime series it would be on the list of filler episodes that you can skip

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

TheAgent posted:

Loving that floating cellphone/device thingy that can't even cast a full shadow.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Bumble He posted:

i will go into commando mode and "take a break" from this beautiful shitshow which is store citizer
because often im stressed out after work and maybe its not good to then hop onto the next forum to start arguing again

o7

sorry to hear that
o7

Whatever you do, don't buy the Idris

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

TheAgent posted:

i'm loving losing my poo poo at this :laffo:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

TheAgent posted:

I don't see her tongue rendered. I bet I know where it clipped to.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Bumble He posted:

Yes i want to apologize for:

- derailing the tread with a subject which was clearly going to end in a fight or a probation
- everyone who felt offended, i certainly did not want to offend trucutru (and also flared)

o7

You are a good person Bumble, we all have different views and triggers. We all can learn a lesson, learn to understand each other and not immediately attacking those with different views, it is just as bad as the horrible poo poo that floats around in this world.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
I wish we had some new Major Tom videos.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Dooguk posted:

I wish we had some new Major Tom videos.

Joking aside, I think the "game" has degraded to the point where they are no longer possible to make, because all the mechanics are horribly broken, and server stability has degraded to the point where it's almost impossible to do anything before the server inevitably dumps you.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Scruffpuff posted:

Joking aside, I think the "game" has degraded to the point where they are no longer possible to make, because all the mechanics are horribly broken, and server stability has degraded to the point where it's almost impossible to do anything before the server inevitably dumps you.

Chris Roberts ruins everything.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Scruffpuff posted:

I don't see her tongue rendered. I bet I know where it clipped to.

BUG REPORT: TONGUE STUCK TO MOBIGLAS

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Breezy trip report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfVW66tWh0g

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
Keith Calder's criterion for backing projects;

#4 is mildly amusing; #6 downright hilarious.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

TheAgent posted:

And thus, Prince Parp was conceived

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scruffpuff posted:

This is actually a good point and a reason, among many I couldn't face it any more.
The game would crash so hard it would also corrupt any recording, so yeah gently caress that, I might try it with shadowplay and see if that works though, but honestly the game used to be tiny, poo poo and funny - Now it's bigger, poo poo and unfunny.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I'd like to make a joke about the titty slider but think I'll just get hit over the head with a rolled up newspaper ........ again. :sad:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Deploy this dumpster fire on Stadia and check all the boxes.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

OMFG you're a rich dude who gives people money in exchange for IMDB credit and a slice of the returns, not a de Medici. Let me get you a ladder so you can get off that horse.

Also, "the involvement of Jess and I", or even better, just "being involved".

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

This is actually a good point and a reason, among many I couldn't face it any more.
The game would crash so hard it would also corrupt any recording, so yeah gently caress that, I might try it with shadowplay and see if that works though, but honestly the game used to be tiny, poo poo and funny - Now it's bigger, poo poo and unfunny.
unless you've played star citizen, it's really, really hard to describe just how boring, broken and repetitive the entire experience is

like I know some people think it can't be that bad, but its a really, really loving terrible game in every single possible way

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Hav posted:

Keith Calder's criterion for backing projects;

#4 is mildly amusing; #6 downright hilarious.

That is some awful criteria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

unless you've played star citizen, it's really, really hard to describe just how boring, broken and repetitive the entire experience is

like I know some people think it can't be that bad, but its a really, really loving terrible game in every single possible way

I didn't even have that many technical issues in my brief few hours playing it but like an hour in I was already very bored of it. You can only ride trains to the spaceport so many times before you just give up and play something else.

Once I got to space I flew around and tried some very boring long drawn out combat. Decided to try landing somewhere outside a city to checkout the landscapes, there is nothing else to the planets outside landing at a city, it's the same handful of trees and shrubs and no wildlife.