Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Shiroc posted:

You're wasting time telling someone who is clearly showing that they're between indifferent to hostile to just shut up and make calls.

But your points have been addressed so many times, dude. We've been through this, our messaging and our script specifically talk about how one vote in the Senate doesn't do anything. I've posted on this forum tens (hundreds) of times saying that this isn't about Jess, it's about using the seat to empower others.

We have to make change somehow. We have to accrue power, then project it. Screwing around, pontificating, and :justpost:ing doesn't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ToxicAcne posted:

Also I got to say, this particular moment in American history has probably completely disillusioned a lot of leftists from electoral politics.
I don't really care how the left obtains power, I just care that it gets it. Electoralism, especially in small districts, makes a lot of sense to me. Certainly more sense than the movement to primary Pelosi or Schumer.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

ToxicAcne posted:

Also I got to say, this particular moment in American history has probably completely disillusioned a lot of leftists from electoral politics.

well i tried to make a thread about unionizing a workplace (shoutout apropos for being the only other person to really contribute to it) and cspam DEFINITELY didn't care about doing that.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

well i tried to make a thread about unionizing a workplace (shoutout apropos for being the only other person to really contribute to it) and cspam DEFINITELY didn't care about doing that.

The left doesn't care about doing anything besides tweeting and :justpost:ing with few exceptions tbh. And I get it really, life is terrible and it's hard to keep fighting. But there's so many people in this world that are suffering, and I think those who can fight should, even when the odds are stacked against us.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Nichael posted:

The left doesn't care about doing anything besides tweeting and :justpost:ing with few exceptions tbh. And I get it really, life is terrible and it's hard to keep fighting. But there's so many people in this world that are suffering, and I think those who can fight should, even when the odds are stacked against us.

So many people in the world are suffering... please, vote in your upcoming Democratic primary... the odds are stacked against us, but those who can fight, should. lol.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

So many people in the world are suffering... please, vote in your upcoming Democratic primary... the odds are stacked against us, but those who can fight, should. lol.

YOU SURE GOT HIM THERE

WHAT A POST

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I've done so much electoral poo poo. I've done pressure campaigns. I've gotten my ears and lungs blown up by cops. I've been in the middle of homeless encampments helping people avoid getting hosed up by cops.

I've seen the same speeches from so many other campaign people. gently caress off with your high and mighty poo poo.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

my brain is so terminally broke I have a hard time doing anything at all so thanks Nichael for fighting and slogging through all this hater bullshit

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

how many people do you still need to call and how many do you think you will actually have on the hook with dialing as of September 1st?

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Nichael posted:

lol you guys lashing out at all posters over the most minor criticism about blasting every thread with your spam sure is building left unity! great engagement script!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
On the plus side all this petty infighting proves that you're genuine leftists and not just undercover cops, so I can cross your names off my list.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

christmas boots posted:

On the plus side all this petty infighting proves that you're genuine leftists and not just undercover cops, so I can cross your names off my list.

:tinfoil:

Victory Position posted:

how many people do you still need to call and how many do you think you will actually have on the hook with dialing as of September 1st?
to get to a comfortable spot for this weird, impromptu gotv period, I'd say we need like 46k dials left. but then after that it's just going to go back into getting people to actually vote on 9/15. I think by 9/15, to have a chance, we need about 1.5 million calls, maybe 25k to 30k positive IDs, and ultimately 50k to 60k votes.

I legitimately do not know what else to do to fix things. I think electoralism has weaknesses but this has never been about electing any individual. I think we could use the seat to restore hope to the left in 2020, and be a check on the radical right wing agenda of both parties. I don't know if we'll succeed but I don't know what else to do with myself.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Breakfast All Day posted:

lol you guys lashing out at all posters over the most minor criticism about blasting every thread with your spam sure is building left unity! great engagement script!

whenever i post asking for help everyone shits on me, dude, or at least it feels like it

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Oh hey, I'm being called a cop for being skeptical of electoralism as a meaningful way of building accountable power. I must be back in DSA.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Shiroc posted:

Oh hey, I'm being called a cop for being skeptical of electoralism as a meaningful way of building accountable power. I must be back in DSA.

:yooge: no cop no cop you're the cop

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Shiroc posted:

I specifically said you weren't a cop. I wouldn't snitching on you to the feds if you were.

E: Just kidding!

christmas boots has issued a correction as of 20:31 on Aug 11, 2020

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Shiroc posted:

if you're going to poo poo on electoralism i would like to nicely ask you to do it via making GBS threads on josh4congress or Shahid Buttar rather than the people in this forum trying to get someone better elected. thank u.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
there's just basic "not being a dick" protocol especially with regard to political work. say you're working with DSA and a bunch of people are super into medicare 4 all canvassing (i know this was a point of contention in seattle), you don't need to insult them about it and pick fights for no reason. just do something else!!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
1. Insist everything be done through proper channels

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

kingcobweb posted:

there's just basic "not being a dick" protocol especially with regard to political work. say you're working with DSA and a bunch of people are super into medicare 4 all canvassing (i know this was a point of contention in seattle), you don't need to insult them about it and pick fights for no reason. just do something else!!

a lot of people's "something else" is posting about how they are superior for doing nothing actually

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
lol that some noname democrat grifter wanders past and farts some memes and the entire 08 obamatar playbook gets hauled out completely unchanged

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

you know when a cat just hates everyone and hisses at anyone who gets close to it?

that's how i feel about some of the posters here sometimes

it's ok :yaycat:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shiroc posted:

I've done so much electoral poo poo. I've done pressure campaigns. I've gotten my ears and lungs blown up by cops. I've been in the middle of homeless encampments helping people avoid getting hosed up by cops.

I've seen the same speeches from so many other campaign people. gently caress off with your high and mighty poo poo.

Wow you sound cool as hell

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
someone like you i just feel pity for, because the entire point of the democrats party is taking vulnerable young people and crushing any chance of them developing class consciousness by diverting your energy into worthless liberal grifters who will massively disappoint you over and over

nichael at least is getting paid for this, just like a cop it's only his job to prevent people from having any hope for the future, but you're just being scammed and its kinda sad

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

someone like you i just feel pity for, because the entire point of the democrats party is taking vulnerable young people and crushing any chance of them developing class consciousness by diverting your energy into worthless liberal grifters who will massively disappoint you over and over

nichael at least is getting paid for this, just like a cop it's only his job to prevent people from having any hope for the future, but you're just being scammed and its kinda sad

You suck real bad dude. Go outside

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

I work like 80 hours a week, and am paid for 20 hours of that, and was not paid prior to March. For the entirety of my work in 2018, I was paid $1,000 because I donated what little I was going to get to ensure a friend would be employed by the campaign.

I'm really living the high life with money for uh.... food, I guess.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Stop arguing with the CIA psyop, nicheal

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

you're an idiot

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Still better than Pelosi

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

Still better than Pelosi

sure, it's just his win number is 180k.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

ikanreed posted:

Stop arguing with the CIA psyop, nicheal

lol uhhhh

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I hope Jessica Scarane wins even if her campaign can't get the work from home pothead guys with anxiety to phone bank

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

the lady who said that misogyny and racism are russian psyops is going to be VP (probably) so get ready for a shitton of this

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Alobar posted:

you know when a cat just hates everyone and hisses at anyone who gets close to it?

that's how i feel about some of the posters here sometimes

it's ok :yaycat:

if we can achieve left unity we can negotiate with anyone

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

So is Nichael gonna show up itt and apologize for being an obvious mark?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

lol go gently caress yourself dude. at least nichael is out there trying to accomplish something. what the gently caress have you done?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

So is Nichael gonna show up itt and apologize for being an obvious mark?

Sure, it's a lovely situation and I apologize if I was wrong (which I guess I was?). I honestly have been barely paying attention, and it still seems weird, but establishment Dems are horrible people and I've been saying this for a long time.

Admittedly, I am sick of people facing no repercussions with predatory behavior so I was quick to jump on that.

anyway please help me out

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Nichael posted:

Sure, it's a lovely situation and I apologize if I was wrong (which I guess I was?). I honestly have been barely paying attention, and it still seems weird, but establishment Dems are horrible people and I've been saying this for a long time.

Admittedly, I am sick of people facing no repercussions with predatory behavior so I was quick to jump on that.

Alright then that's understandable.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

Alright then that's understandable.

please get rid of bad dems with me now
https://www.jessfordelaware.com/volunteer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Nichael posted: