Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Mitch Hedburg wasn't stupid, he was being funny on purpose. The shark thing is incredibly stupid and not funny at all.

As a fellow Mitch Hedberg fan, I apologize for striking a nerve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Lodin posted:

Today I found out that people on Orkney speak with a Norwegian dialect due to the vikings and it's loving with my head trying to parse it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk-_XlU5s6A

So it's just Scottish with a shitload of mead? Got it

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Nice video, but for years I never knew why some videos never had sound despite people saying to unmute.

I never knew you could right click to show controls and actually do stuff with a gif until this video. Thank you.

Am... am I old now?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Yes, you're :corsair:

Please form an orderly queue with the other boomers that we are going to feed to the guillotines when the time comes.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Nice video, but for years I never knew why some videos never had sound despite people saying to unmute.

I never knew you could right click to show controls and actually do stuff with a gif until this video. Thank you.

Am... am I old now?

that's an mp4, gramps

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

LargeHadron posted:

Let's play "Who Said It?"

Mitch Hedberg, or Donald Trump?

I guess Mitch, because of the last bit about contributing to other causes.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Piell posted:

that's an mp4, gramps

mp-what? Nah that's a gif. It's a picture, it moves, it's a gif.

They got gifs with sound now, we live in an age of wonders

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

mp-what? Nah that's a gif. It's a picture, it moves, it's a gif.

They got gifs with sound now, we live in an age of wonders

Look at this newfangled '89 standard adherent here

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
https://i.imgur.com/z6EHghF.gifv

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

LifeSunDeath posted:

Fun fact, Gladys in the wheelchair is Devito's wife Rhea Perlman. She's pretty old but they made her look super old, I saw pics of her recently and she looks very spry and younger.

This one?

That's Mae LaBorde, who started acting at 93 when she appeared in Evil Bong. Rhea played her for the Nightman Cometh live show.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

I wish

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JosephSwanTwo/status/1296561251171131392

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BAT'S AREN"T GOTH'S!!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
:laffo: that's amazing

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Baron von Eevl posted:

This one?

That's Mae LaBorde, who started acting at 93 when she appeared in Evil Bong. Rhea played her for the Nightman Cometh live show.

Oh dang, so apparently she did Gladys in some live version of Nightman on the dvd's...which is why when I find mention of it the image of the other lady comes up. Dang.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Don’t bring your paper gown bullshit in here

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I've seen this before and I still read it wrong. Am I broken

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Splicer posted:

I've seen this before and I still read it wrong. Am I broken

I also parsed it as 'Goth Clowns Only' if that's what you mean

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Great now I'm thinkin about that clussy

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

The Bloop posted:

Great now I'm thinkin about that clussy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
GUSSET

MOIST

FLANGE

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Basilisk beta testing going pretty good

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

El interés tiene pies

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

The Bloop posted:

GUSSET

MOIST

FLANGE
They are the apex predator for a reason, you know.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Part of it is legitimately tied to the resurgence of Nazis.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Which sucks because I kinda like the haircut.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/Russia_NC/status/1296837946331533313

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Collateral Damage posted:

That's the second dumbest way I've ever seen of trying to start a model engine.

If you're talking about me can I just point out that my tongue was sown back just fine and I have no problems talking you just have to be attentive listening.

anatomi posted:

In Sweden on Midsummer we dance around the maypole and we sing a song called "Små grodorna", or "The Little Frogs." This stupid, stupid song and the image of their drunk adult relatives stumbling around to it are deeply ingrained in the heart of every Swede.

The Brits have absolutely nothing to do with this.

The original song (which is about savouring onions and denying Austrians this privilege) was marching music, specifically a French revolutionary song favoured by the Grenadiers of the Napoleonic army. So how did song that was marginally less stupid in its original version end up on the Swedish standard repertoire?
Well, possibly a then-famous former Grenadier general who came to Sweden after the Napoleonic wars who maybe could've have taught his new drinking buddies this gem, but hardly anybody remembers him nowadays..

marshmallow creep posted:

One story about Napoleon I remember (that I cannot find corroboration for at the moment) is supposedly Thomas-Alexandre Dumas once got mistaken for Napoleon, and the people who saw him were so impressed with Dumas that when the real Napoleon showed up they were visibly disappointed. This irked Napoleon so much he wrote a law that didn't called out Dumas by name but basically blocked officers of color from entering Paris, at least when he was there.

Not quite, Thomas-Alexandre Dumas and Napoleon had a falling out during the Egypt expedition (he didn't like the dictatorial manners N was developing and told him so to his face) and Napoleon nodded sagely would indeed a couple of years later indeed specifically ban coloured officers from entering Paris, after blocking Dumas from his pensions.

If I were to guess where the Napoleon smol idea comes from I think it's relatively recent?
It could stem from Victor Hugo who had exiled himself to Guernesey for his absolute hatred of Napoleon III, and would keep referring to him as Napoleon le Petit in contrast of his illustrious uncle. His correspondence would certainly include British notables?
It could be even more recent than that though, I'm reasonably sure Napoleon complex used to indicate delusions of grandeur and not so much the short man complex it denotes today?

Mr Havafap has a new favorite as of 00:32 on Aug 22, 2020

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wear it then, only the brain-poisoned Very Online crowd actually makes that association. And it's a pretty weak one when you look into it - the (not as exaggerated) version that was its inspiration wasn't particular to nazis, it was a standard haircut pretty much all over europe and the US. Yes some nazis wore it because they had hair and existed at the same time that haircut existed.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

Manager Hoyden posted:

Wear it then, only the brain-poisoned Very Online crowd actually makes that association. And it's a pretty weak one when you look into it - the (not as exaggerated) version that was its inspiration wasn't particular to nazis, it was a standard haircut pretty much all over europe and the US. Yes some nazis wore it because they had hair and existed at the same time that haircut existed.

I have a friend who has a shaved head because he is balding. Anyway, we meet the girlfriend of another friend for the first time, and the first question out of her mouth was, "Are you a skinhead?"

The moral of the story is people are going to be idiots no matter what, so do what you want.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If someone says your hair real short on the sides and tall and styled on top is because you like Nazis tell them who your inspiration actually is.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Solice Kirsk posted:

in hs i wore it like that but i shaved everything but my "bangs" which was just where my bags would of been if i didnt shave all my long hair off. you should do the same. although i see it on girls alot now so maybe i just had a chick haircut.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This MP4/GIF has sound. The sound has naughty words, so don't listen to it in a place where you can get in trouble for those words being said.
https://i.imgur.com/wT42nVA.mp4

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

snergle posted:

in hs i wore it like that but i shaved everything but my "bangs" which was just where my bags would of been if i didnt shave all my long hair off. you should do the same. although i see it on girls alot now so maybe i just had a chick haircut.

Back in the 90's a ton of my friends had that. But I can't. My job won't let me have fun hair. Something about "looking professional." It's not fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Mr Havafap posted:

The Brits have absolutely nothing to do with this.
The Brits did parody the song, changing the words to "Au pas, grenouilles!” and that version is by all accounts older than the Swedish ditty.

I suppose it could be coincidence that both versions are about frogs (is this what you're saying?).

This is all very stupid.