Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr. Steak posted:

i started this game with 1 influence and as soon as i send this post, i'm pm'ing cpig to transfer that 1 influence to byers because i really dont care about it, and if he's being genuine, he'll send his to someone else too.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This is the dumbest post I've seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dick Bastardly posted:

checks out, rarity's vote is what in SA mafia lore is commonly referred to as a "joke vote"

To be fair I did upgrade it to a serious vote before your vote came in

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tpink posted:

Which also reminds me that I should ##unvote my joke vote.

Very self-conscious

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rarity posted:

I think it took you like 5 posts to say this. I don't like how cagey you're being, I feel like it's a scummy attitude because the less you have to say the less chance people have to read you.

Total mischaracterization of my posts, cool cool. Anyone with an ounce of effort could put two and two together and figure out who I was pointing at. Great job trying to build a non-existent case though.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

:argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This game would be much improved if your posts were more of a *ahem* Rarity.

Sorry to disappoint you :(

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rarity posted:

Very self-conscious

Please continue to tunnel me, you’re doing great.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

True but the fact Byers is speaking like he knows for sure there are two scum teams is major suss. I think given the OP it's possible if not even probable but I don't know for sure and none of us in town do. Byers talks like he does and the only way he can know that is if he's on one the scum teams and can see it's small enough that there must be another.

Of course there are multiple scum teams, there are like Werewolves, Changlings and loving Mages running around this goddamn city. How is a Vampire supposed to drink blood in peace!?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

tpink posted:

Total mischaracterization of my posts, cool cool. Anyone with an ounce of effort could put two and two together and figure out who I was pointing at. Great job trying to build a non-existent case though.

Tpink more like scumpink.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tpink posted:

I'm still voting for Byers ya dingus. Though your ultra defensive attitude on this page is concerning.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Rarity posted:

To be fair I did upgrade it to a serious vote before your vote came in

well then why did tpink tunnel me

it's because i am teh sexy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SalTheBard posted:

Of course there are multiple scum teams, there are like Werewolves, Changlings and loving Mages running around this goddamn city. How is a Vampire supposed to drink blood in peace!?

Any actual thoughts on the game so far?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

tpink posted:

NO U!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SalTheBard posted:

is this a real post? a reference to the game?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Sandwolf posted:

It is a "haha I'm soft scumclaiming look how town I am post" except actual scum

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Sal I demand that you explain whether or not your last post was a joke or not and if you are scum and why

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

tpink posted:

My post in response to steak was sarcastic, which clearly didn’t come across that way.

Oh ok.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Serving up a spicy read: merk and rarity are not on a scum team together

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SalTheBard posted:

what.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Also. Yes I know i said “a scum team” I don’t know or care (for now at least) if there are multiple scum teams

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Serving up a spicy read: merk and rarity are not on a scum team together

uh

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rarity posted:

I'm still voting for Byers ya dingus. Though your ultra defensive attitude on this page is concerning.

Defending yourself against silly accusations? Hmm must be scum. I am a good Mafia player.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

SalTheBard posted:

...the town alignment is not vampires.

##vote Sal

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tpink posted:

Defending yourself against silly accusations? Hmm must be scum. I am a good Mafia player.

I sure am!

##vote tpink

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amnistar posted:

##vote Sal

I wrote off Sal's post as a silly joke cause we were just cult buds in AEW mafia but this is a really good point

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Next time Sal say something like "I'mmortal" so it looks like maybe you just forgot the space OR JUST maybe you're soft scumclaiming. Spicier that way.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

True but the fact Byers is speaking like he knows for sure there are two scum teams is major suss. I think given the OP it's possible if not even probable but I don't know for sure and none of us in town do. Byers talks like he does and the only way he can know that is if he's on one the scum teams and can see it's small enough that there must be another.

Or he is familiar with the source material, and is making assumptions based off that. This isn't a game where flavor doesn't matter, The OP explicitly states that flavor is important. The reason I am not sus of Byers is because I came to similar conclusions he did based off my knowledge of the source material, so him being scum isn't the only way he can know. I initially thought there would only be 1 scum team but I have thought about it some more and I could totally see there being 2 "scum" teams - the camarilla and the sabat. Both groups are vampires hoping to use the sarcophagus to gain power.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rarity posted:

I sure am!

##vote tpink

Byers2142 posted:

Your guts got poo poo for brains this time, sorry!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

the longer you don't reply to this the worse it looks Sal

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Sandwolf posted:

the longer you don't reply to this the worse it looks Sal

I agree it's not a great post but tapping your watch after 30 minutes is also not great.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
i can't believe i had to wake up to 200+ posts

real scummy to make me do that much work in the morning

anyway, looks like jokephase is done, so i'll undo my jokevote

##unvote

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
sos let me demonstrate for you.

Town thinking:

soscannonballs posted:

I could totally see there being 2 "scum" teams

Scum thinking:

Byers2142 posted:

the big problem we'll have is that the non-town teams can scumhunt the other teams.

Can you see the difference between these two statements?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Amnistar posted:

##vote Sal

I agree with this. ##vote Sal

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mikeycp posted:

i can't believe i had to wake up to 200+ posts

real scummy to make me do that much work in the morning

anyway, looks like jokephase is done, so i'll undo my jokevote

##unvote

Both a 'wow so many posts' comment and a self-conscious vote removal? Big red flags here

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

sos let me demonstrate for you.

Town thinking:

Scum thinking:

Can you see the difference between these two statements?

Again, coming in with knowledge of the source material I would absolutely expect there to be multiple teams and even multiple anti-town teams.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Really though, ##vote Sal, vampire-aligned vampire.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I agree it's not a great post but tapping your watch after 30 minutes is also not great.

I don't really think Sal is scum but Amni is not wrong and it feels like it may be a scumslip, I'm being honest with him, the longer he doesn't reply the worse it will look

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Really though, ##vote Sal, vampire-aligned vampire.

wait, so I'm dumb for tapping my watch after 30 mins but you agree he's scummy..?

idgi

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Rarity posted:

Both a 'wow so many posts' comment and a self-conscious vote removal? Big red flags here

hey

it wasn't "wow so many posts"

it was "ugh so many posts"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Rarity, I’m going to show you how to actually vote for scum:

##vote Sal