Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Its at least faithful to Shenmue 1 and 2 in that regard
not really, maybe faithful by way of some dumbass youtuber playing 1 and 2 badly on purpose as a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

homeless snail posted:

not really, maybe faithful by way of some dumbass youtuber playing 1 and 2 badly on purpose as a joke

warning, giant enemy boss is aproaching "Care Snail α"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

suzukistomper58 has logged on

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Hey, here's a weird question. You know Vaporwave? What's the opinion on one of the core tenets of the genre being "use Japanese visuals" or just outright pretending to be Japanese? Cyberpunk does this a lot too I guess. Paradise Killer got me thinking about this because they have a few scenes where they use Japanese photography despite the fact that the devs are from the UK and I know they did it because of the "aesthetic"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

game is Paradise Killers, I wishlisted it after watching some PC gaming show

I just cant tell if the game's textures are supposed to look scuffed or theres something really wrong with my GPU

game feels like its trying to be a Western Danganronpa???

e: who wrote these backstories...

frajaq fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 5, 2020

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

frajaq posted:

game is Paradise Killers, I wishlisted it after watching some PC gaming show

I just cant tell if the game's textures are supposed to look scuffed or theres something really wrong with my GPU

game feels like its trying to be a Western Danganronpa???

Okay yeah I JUST beat that game and it does not look like that

e:

quote:

This is exactly what I mean about the game being like Barkley except serious

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 5, 2020

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Hey, here's a weird question. You know Vaporwave? What's the opinion on one of the core tenets of the genre being "use Japanese visuals" or just outright pretending to be Japanese? Cyberpunk does this a lot too I guess. Paradise Killer got me thinking about this because they have a few scenes where they use Japanese photography despite the fact that the devs are from the UK and I know they did it because of the "aesthetic"

Well, that's pretty clearly appropriation, but the whole point of that term wasn't meant to say that all cultural appropriation is even bad per se, but rather its something to be mindful of and can obviously be exploitative if used wrong.

So, with vaporwave yeah there's probably a bunch of people grabbing random kanji because they think it looks cool, and I think that's about as crass as like getting a kanji tattoo you can't read, its like a weeb thing. Embarrassing right? Not great.

But then obviously if the author is Japanese that changes everything, or if you've at least learned to speak fluent Japanese or lived there... so it kinda depends on a few aspects. Such is art.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

homeless snail posted:

suzukistomper58 has logged on

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In the 80s everyone thought japan was going to own america like how they think china will now so all the 80's based aesthetic movements, especially the tech/game adjacent ones where japanese corps were owning americans, have a lot of japanese elements

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

https://twitter.com/pissGoblin/status/1301684751967944704?s=20

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I'll never forgive Taco Bell for removing the Double Decker Taco

That thing was simple, cheap, and delicious

Technically you can still order it if you get a burrito and a taco and ask them to wrap it but I feel like a jerk trying to order off the secret menu or whatever
Taco bell employees aren't paid enough for all that

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

I'll never forgive Taco Bell for removing the Double Decker Taco

That thing was simple, cheap, and delicious

Technically you can still order it if you get a burrito and a taco and ask them to wrap it but I feel like a jerk trying to order off the secret menu or whatever
Taco bell employees aren't paid enough for all that

The only thing Taco Bell has left that I actually enjoy is the Doritos Locos Gordita, which is just cheesy gordita crunch bread around the Dorito taco, and without all the cheese sauce which I've always thought was too much. It's loving 3.50 though so I only rarely get it, and by now I haven't been there since March.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

KFC here in Aus used to do a Stacker Burger, which was just a Zinger with a Hashbrown on it. It was really good and tasty for when you wanted to be a Fat gently caress.
Then they stopped making it.

Then they brought it back and now it's just 2x Zingers.
Fuckers.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I appreciate the boldness of taking the character who launched the mcu through pure charisma... and giving him a generic white guy voice.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wait the double decker taco is no more? What even is the menu at Taco Bell now?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Worked on some pizza dough tonight and I hope things are going to be OK with it.

I've done this quite a few times already and so I thought it would be pretty straightforward - measured out the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast, with 65% the mass of the flour in water.

Even after working it for a few minutes I could not get it out of the bowl because it was still complete mush, and I had to keep adding flour just to get it out and basically constantly while kneading it otherwise the whole thing would stick even if I tapped it for a millisecond.

I weighed the dough when I was done and I must have doubled the amount of flour in it before it felt like previous doughs, which would put me at an alarming 33% hydration? I have no clue what happened

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Sep 5, 2020

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Krackel > Mr. Goodbar > Hershey's Dark > Hershey's Milk

Zushio
May 8, 2008
All Hersey's brand chocolate tastes like spoiled milk and barnyard sweepings. To an even greater extent than most American chocolate.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
i'm very much enjoying Paradise Killer if only because the game wears its Suda51 influence on its sleeve

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Barudak posted:

Touhou Luna Nights is for me, the person who Resident Evil 7 derailed all interest in the franchise but will play any metroidvania unquestioningly

Wait you didn't play RE2 2019? You need to fix that asap, game of the decade imo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Convex posted:

Wait you didn't play RE2 2019? You need to fix that asap, game of the decade imo

Oh no I bought and played that launch day. I more meant going forward with new titles.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The mexican pizza is my favorite and it's been my favorite since I was a child and it is super hosed up they're taking it away :mad:

No I will not make my own, it won't taste the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Barudak posted:

Oh no I bought and played that launch day. I more meant going forward with new titles.
Why? Just kinda curious, I thought it was a pretty solid new direction to take the series in.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Australia lacks a really lovely, cheap Mexican fast food place. We have one but it has vague notions of being healthy and restaurant-y. We even got a few taco bells now but it’s basically the same.

I want to relive the experience of spending 12 American Dollars at a Taco Bell near warner Bros studio and getting six different menu items coated in fucjed up queso that gave me mondo diarrhoea.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Why? Just kinda curious, I thought it was a pretty solid new direction to take the series in.

The first person didn't really work for me, the enemy options were bad, the combat unsatisfying in a poor feedback kind of way, and the VHS tapes were basically unskippable cutscenes. This all could have been forgiven but the second the cat and mouse with Jack happened I immediately lost interest in the game and then when I got the second family member and saw there would be more I just quit never to go back.

Also it features a basement in Louisiana so all the points it earns for accurate local potato chip bags is right out the window.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Remembering how the Army Men series was too cowardly to make their one female character actually green.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

she's a barbie girl in an army world op

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Sounds like Tane is a real piece of poo poo, he has to go

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Waffleman_ posted:

Remembering how the Army Men series was too cowardly to make their one female character actually green.

Shameful. Even Smurfette was blue, what's her excuse?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cardiovorax posted:

Shameful. Even Smurfette was blue, what's her excuse?

The Curse of Flesh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My duchess’ cat and dog are best friends :3:

Unrelated but my son and heir has been creeping on me, maybe don’t dedicate your tournament wins to your mom, you nerd

CK3 is super good

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Infinitum posted:

KFC here in Aus used to do a Stacker Burger, which was just a Zinger with a Hashbrown on it. It was really good and tasty for when you wanted to be a Fat gently caress.
Then they stopped making it.

Then they brought it back and now it's just 2x Zingers.
Fuckers.

In america zingers are coconut twinkies so this sounds loving disgusting

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Barudak posted:

The first person didn't really work for me, the enemy options were bad, the combat unsatisfying in a poor feedback kind of way, and the VHS tapes were basically unskippable cutscenes. This all could have been forgiven but the second the cat and mouse with Jack happened I immediately lost interest in the game and then when I got the second family member and saw there would be more I just quit never to go back.

Also it features a basement in Louisiana so all the points it earns for accurate local potato chip bags is right out the window.

The VHS tapes are technically optional. Not quite sure what you mean by “I got the second family member” though, Jack is the only one who does cat & mouse stuff. There’s a brief part with the mom but you can just blast her until she fucks off and turns into a boss.

RE7 is a big change of pace but it’s easily one of my favorite games in the series. You should probably give it another shot, because it sounds like you got the wrong impression from something later in the game. After Jack gets chainsawed to the point of exploding in half there’s no more cat and mouse/Nemesis type stuff for the rest of the game.

And End of Zoe is hilariously fun, even if Not A Hero is kind of bleh and the Banned Footage is entirely skippable.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

In america zingers are coconut twinkies so this sounds loving disgusting

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hwurmp posted:

she's a barbie girl in an army world op

But then she wouldn't be to scale with the others.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RE7 was a funny experience for the couple hours I went through it but it wasn't really scary at all and kind of clunky and annoying to play. I liked RE6 way more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zushio posted:

All Hersey's brand chocolate tastes like spoiled milk and barnyard sweepings. To an even greater extent than most American chocolate.

Reeses is the only hershey brand i like. Otherwise im a mars fan