Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs Dinosaur Express 1 0.89%
Kaz vs Hangman 3 2.68%
Ivelisse vs Rosa 1 0.89%
THE PARKING LOT FIGHT 107 95.54%
Total: 112 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just watched it again and Jon Moxley as hype man is perhaps the only thing I love more than Other Jon Moxley. God I hope he and Shooter reunite someday. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This would have happened a week ago, no? They're still planning to have her appear next week, I assume they had lots of time to change it if they didn't think she was a fit.

Anyway, I didn't see this here in the thread yet.

https://twitter.com/ShawnDean773/status/1306611900680212484?s=20

This would be good for both Dark Order and Shawn Dean.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jordan7hm posted:

This would have happened a week ago, no? They're still planning to have her appear next week, I assume they had lots of time to change it if they didn't think she was a fit.

Anyway, I didn't see this here in the thread yet.

https://twitter.com/ShawnDean773/status/1306611900680212484?s=20

This would be good for both Dark Order and Shawn Dean.

Yeah, at least one person in AEW told Sapp they were surprised they were still doing the tag next week.

I would also be into Shawn Dean in Dark Order, he’s been a real fun part of Dark.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They probably figured they should pay off the things they've set up and then they can ditch Ivie once the program's done

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Yeah, at least one person in AEW told Sapp they were surprised they were still doing the tag next week.

I would also be into Shawn Dean in Dark Order, he’s been a real fun part of Dark.

My only concern is that he might lost in the shuffle if the Dark Order gets too big

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So, next week is live?

Yeah...stuff like this scares me. Unless Rosa truly has NO RESERVATIONS about this at all, I would say this is not good.

If I’m AEW, I’m doing everything in my power to:

A) Keep Thunder Rosa happy because we need to get her on contract as soon as we can.
B) Keep the very few women in their division happy as they can. You won’t sign any additional talent if the women’s locker room is toxic or not bonded or with underlying issues.
C) See A again because her as a leader is a major positive in a division that gets ripped apart by the internet fans and trolls.

This is twice I would say AEW did a very poor job of vetting a women’s division talent and as a start-up, they have to do better scouting here if they want big names to look at them seriously.

You hosed up with Bea and it made an impact.
You hosed up with Ivelisse and hopefully it gets handled correctly so again, talent know they’re safe and included here and future talent AEW as a desirable place to work as a woman wrestler.

I am optimistic everything will be OK, but there’s the realism too that hey, this poo poo could backfire, especially moving forward with the match if it hasn’t been recorded already.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rarity posted:

They probably figured they should pay off the things they've set up and then they can ditch Ivie once the program's done

I get it. Is Ivie OK with this?

That’s the part that really concerns me. I don’t care what AEW wants. What if noted problem child Ivelisse wants to sabotage the match live on TV?

gently caress that.

Again, not saying that’ll happen and I would say it probably won’t, but it’s walking a tightrope.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Maybe they can get Ivelisse's non-union American equivalent?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Good play. Is there a stunt double? There must be one. Let’s do that.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Dango Bango posted:

Maybe they can get Ivelisse's non-union American equivalent?

She's Puerto Rican, she is American

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This wasn't exactly a program they invested into though? Like they could have easily turned this into a Diamante vs Thunder Rosa match or something instead if they didn't like Ivelisse. The rumor mill stuff just kinda skeeves me out. We aren't there, we don't know what happened, presumably the people who are there have a better handle on it than random people on the internet. That isn't even getting into the fact that wrestling straddles the line of what they work and what they don't, and I don't exactly associate the people who report on it with high quality journalistic standards of excellence.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Diamante vs. Thunder Rosa doesn't involve Shida, though.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

smikey posted:

She's Puerto Rican, she is American

Dangit I confused her with Diamante holding the Cuban flag.

(The focus was more on the non-union part :ssh:)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Watch Ivelisse start no-selling and shooting again except live this time lol

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pylons posted:

Diamante vs. Thunder Rosa doesn't involve Shida, though.

So shift it a bit. This is a story they set up on a taped show, they had lots of time to change it if they wanted to.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

just bring in Holidead and dump Ivelisse

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

We are definitely veering into Shoot F-5 territory with Rosa and Ivelisse

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

This wasn't exactly a program they invested into though? Like they could have easily turned this into a Diamante vs Thunder Rosa match or something instead if they didn't like Ivelisse. The rumor mill stuff just kinda skeeves me out. We aren't there, we don't know what happened, presumably the people who are there have a better handle on it than random people on the internet. That isn't even getting into the fact that wrestling straddles the line of what they work and what they don't, and I don't exactly associate the people who report on it with high quality journalistic standards of excellence.

Word. I hear ya. I’ve watched a lot of Ivelisse matches and when she isn’t going to win or feel like she isn’t getting the praise she feels she deserves, she changes her entire wrestling style. She goes stiff. She no-sells. She does the poo poo she did yesterday. Even watching it from the start, you could tell she wasn’t in it at all. She’s full drama and always has been. She just reverted back to that garbage she has done many times over.

Super talented when she wants to be. Super awful when she wants to send a message. I truly feel that’s the deal.

Nonetheless, I hear ya on some points for sure!

Also, this just dropped on Twitter. Literally just now:

https://twitter.com/aewrestling/status/1306699860226322433?s=21

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ivelisse looks so loving bored

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Man Ivelisse was so uncooperative and terrible. She made the match go so off the rails that multiple people in this forum nominated it as HM. I sure hope nothing like that happens again next week. What a disaster.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I couldn't read that Patron article, but I dunno. If AEW isn't reacting I'm gonna assume its not as big a thing as its being made out to be. Dunno.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Apparently he's teased this before too

https://twitter.com/ShawnDean773/status/1302667561142759431?s=20

El Gallinero Gros posted:

My only concern is that he might lost in the shuffle if the Dark Order gets too big

It's definitely a concern but I think they can work around it by having a serious side and a goofy side to the Dark Order. Shawn would be a good addition to the serious side. You could even work his troop gimmick into it by making a story about how he struggled on his own and felt like he needed to be part of an organization again in order to succeed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jesus WEP posted:

Man Ivelisse was so uncooperative and terrible. She made the match go so off the rails that multiple people in this forum nominated it as HM. I sure hope nothing like that happens again next week. What a disaster.

Apparently it was saved in editing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It was a good match. And if that's the match quality Thunder Rosa can get if someone is uncooperative, I definitely want to see more of her against people who are playing ball.

(Thunder Rosa / Abadon graveyard match on the RAW before halloween, Big Biceps Tony)

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
AEW X Real housewives would break the rating

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

jesus WEP posted:

Yeah basically this. She had some weird spots, mostly in transition but also in that one hold, but otherwise nobody's comments last night would have led anyone to believe there was no-selling going on. She's going to face Rosa again next week, hopefully it goes well and we get another HM or better.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thunder Rosa is soooo good

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

another win for the good guys

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That match loving ruled so I don't see the problem here

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rosa retweeted this, FWIW.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MJeff posted:

I highly doubt that prior to editing it was some inoki/great antonio disaster like people are pearl clutching about

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pylons posted:

Rosa retweeted this, FWIW.

She’s a true professional.

Well, here’s hoping next week rocks!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jesus WEP posted:

I highly doubt that prior to editing it was some inoki/great antonio disaster like people are pearl clutching about

Okay.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Sapp is usually pretty reliable, and none of this would be out of character for ivelise and putting her on live television with the same person is risky

On the other hand

Benne posted:

That match loving ruled so I don't see the problem here

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i thought it was mostly fine, but i did notice that one moment where Ivelisse was on the mat and Rosa was putting her into a half nelson or something where she just looked bored/frustrated, and it was very jarring

the first 4-5 minutes were pretty solid-to-great

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Let's also remember that if the match was recorded a week ago, there's been a week for this to be discussed and worked out with the people involved.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Me last night: "Okay, Ivelisse is an idiot, but she's having a decent little run here in AEW so far and she's helping the division at a time when it's kind of struggling. I really dislike some of the things she's said and done, but maybe she's turned a corner here and can get along with this locker room."
Me right now: "lol"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

put the strap on Will Hobbs

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The only thing that I, a person who does not normally notice strike quality, was the point where Rosa absolutely wailed Ivelisse right in the side after a rope spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

I noticed Ivelisse looked like a PS2 CG character during certain key moments, including the tombstone.

What is AEW hiding