Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs Dinosaur Express 1 0.89%
Kaz vs Hangman 3 2.68%
Ivelisse vs Rosa 1 0.89%
THE PARKING LOT FIGHT 107 95.54%
Total: 112 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

ha, I forgot he had Avada Kedavra or some poo poo like that and Deathly Hollows

Wasn't Avada Kedavra given to the move by Tyler "mmm, more boot please Mr McMahon" Black?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

pretty good work aside from colt being a junji ito side character

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

smarxist posted:

lmao if you're not vaping weed in 2020

do dabs count

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

History Comes Inside! posted:

His finishers were all named after HP poo poo too but I haven’t paid enough attention to see if he’s renamed those yet.

His finisher is Deathly Hollows but that's it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

is pepsi ok posted:

Apparently he's teased this before too

https://twitter.com/ShawnDean773/status/1302667561142759431?s=20

It's definitely a concern but I think they can work around it by having a serious side and a goofy side to the Dark Order. Shawn would be a good addition to the serious side. You could even work his troop gimmick into it by making a story about how he struggled on his own and felt like he needed to be part of an organization again in order to succeed.

I'd be super down with Dean as the Dark Order equivalent to Ishimori in Bullet Club.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, I liked Ivelisse back in LU and I was hoping that she'd turn a new leaf, but I guess I should've never doubted Jack Evans.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Anyway, I think it’s real interesting that they’re putting Brandi vs. Anna Jay on the post-NBA showcase show. It does let them highlight one of the hotter angles they’ve got going, but it’s a lot of trust to put in someone who’s had a baker’s dozen worth of matches and someone who’s not necessarily someone who can carry an inexperienced wrestler.

The Thursday episode is pre taped right? So hopefully that's a good sign for how the match went.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
People need to stop giving noted awful person Ivelisse the benefit of the doubt

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wezlar posted:

The Thursday episode is pre taped right? So hopefully that's a good sign for how the match went.

Yeah, it was taped last week along with last night’s Dynamite.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Anna better destroy Brandi

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

People need to stop giving noted awful person Ivelisse the benefit of the doubt

tbh in my case it was less giving Ivelisse the benefit of the doubt and more assuming that an actual professional, tight-knit lockerroom would act as a deterrent.

lmao

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Oh Snapple! posted:

tbh in my case it was less giving Ivelisse the benefit of the doubt and more assuming that an actual professional, tight-knit lockerroom would act as a deterrent.

lmao

This. I had hoped a positive, non-toxic environment would help change a toxic personality. Whoops.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It's a shame the rest of the AEW lockerroom seem very professional because it would be funny to see somebody sell for Ivelisse the same way HBK sold for Hogan in their infamous Summerslam match.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

smarxist posted:

lmao if you're not vaping weed in 2020

i have a new rig coming this weekend i'm psyched

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
i love the best man nickname, i think it's so clever. it can be forceful, it can be aspirational, it can be funny. i'm excited for miro, he's good vibes. you can see how the toxic wwe machine would try and destroy his spirit

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

It does and at this point competing with NXT on any level is a waste of time. They should aim for beating RAW, they might be already I have no idea if they aren't now they'll be beating them soon. NXT is irrelevant to wrestling it's a parking lot for contracts.

They aren't aiming for "beating" anybody, nor should they be.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I hope when Ivelisse leaves, Diamante gets to stay and is given both medals

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

I hope when Ivelisse leaves, Diamante gets to stay and is given both medals

"I won these gold medals with a broken freakin' partner"

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

She can have them melted together so they’re double sided.

Honestly I’ll be real bummed if Diamanté ends up collateral damage to Ivelisse. I think she could be a fun long term piece of the division.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is forecasting out multiple years, but I'm curious.

If AEW keeps its ratings consistent, as in, it's in the top 5-10 for cable most week, sometimes they pull a really good 18-34, etc., do they get a significant raise when their deal is up?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
wwe is doing a tag team street fight on Smackdown tomorrow. tell me aew isnt winning the war.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MJeff posted:

This is forecasting out multiple years, but I'm curious.

If AEW keeps its ratings consistent, as in, it's in the top 5-10 for cable most week, sometimes they pull a really good 18-34, etc., do they get a significant raise when their deal is up?
The answer probably has a lot more to do with WWE's next deal than I'd like to think about.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Probably depends what cable even looks like then. I can see a world where if they have multiple offers they for sure get more money from WarnerMedia, but I can also see them also producing content for HBO Max if things keep going well.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Reality Protester posted:

wwe is doing a tag team street fight on Smackdown tomorrow. tell me aew isnt winning the war.

This is a war like Grenada was a war at this point.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They can definitely ask for more. Wouldn't be surprised to see ad revenue added to their deal at the very least.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Pylons posted:

They can definitely ask for more. Wouldn't be surprised to see ad revenue added to their deal at the very least.

IIRC they already have a good ad revenue split and TNT pays for production

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Pylons posted:

Pretty sure they already had that on their first deal, but I think they weirdly didn't on the second.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

AEW has to be one of the best values in TV right now for TNT

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

smikey posted:

IIRC they already have a good ad revenue split and TNT pays for production

That’s the old deal, I believe the new deal is straight cash, although was functionally a raise because they’re getting more than TNT was paying for production.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i wonder if they'd try to do something with Twitch for the second show maybe

all the infrastructure to monetize is there, and there's tons of interplay there with the talent, and twitch can cut them a check for a show. i'd be curious to see how it'd do

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

That’s the old deal, I believe the new deal is straight cash, although was functionally a raise because they’re getting more than TNT was paying for production.

Ah, well then, I'm gonna guess the collapse of society has helped them as just setting up camp currently indefinitely in a venue also owned by the same parent company is probably a great reduction of cost, and therefore even more of a financial boon. And now they've started selling at least some tickets

Edit: I don't think amazon would care to cut a check for more wrestling on their platform, plenty of it already exists, Impact and AAA already run 24 hour streams and occasionally full on specials.

smikey fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 18, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, if the pandemic wasn't a thing and the guaranteed money wasn't what was keeping them afloat I'd be feeling a little fleeced if I was Tony.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Yeah, if the pandemic wasn't a thing and the guaranteed money wasn't what was keeping them afloat I'd be feeling a little fleeced if I was Tony.

Eh, the deal gave an immediate increase to their budget, which let them sign some people and it's made the relationship with Warner stronger.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is behind a paywall but judging from the context of the last couple pages, Ivelisse started stiffing and sandbagging Thunder Rosa during their match? Is that what happened?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
My non-online fan barometer boyfriend could definitely tell something was up with Rosa/Ivelise. Afterward he was like "it's not fair to put Rosa with Ivelise, Ivelise sucks"

Like this dude doesn't even know about thigh slaps and he could tell Ivelise was being a poo poo

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jerusalem posted:

This is behind a paywall but judging from the context of the last couple pages, Ivelisse started stiffing and sandbagging Thunder Rosa during their match? Is that what happened?

More or less. Fightful unlocked the post so I’ll just paste it:
Edit: Turns out I don’t know what I Unlocked means in the context of Patreon.

The big thing that stood out to me was that everyone who talked to Sapp talked to sided with Rosa and were surprised the tag match wasn’t called off for next week.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 18, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I can post the full article if nobody gives a poo poo but the tl;dr is that Thunder Rosa is taking on a leadership role for the division behind the scenes and Ivelisse is pissed about that so started to no-sell some of Rosa's stuff during the match, so Rosa just started working stiffer.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/livorleave/status/1306623062276739072

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pylons posted:

I can post the full article if nobody gives a poo poo

No need, just wanted to get some of the specifics, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Rosa, from her grave. Ivelisse, when the shoot punches hit.

I appreciate this reference and was going to add to it, but I couldn't come up with anything better.