Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Skimming sandwolf amoeba & bif I feel like if one of them is scum then it’s probably the scum that popped up after tpink got jailed and I don’t think that’s a productive target to aim for atm

Point being I have reasonably town vibes from all three. Aside from the bif point I just made, but otherwise I feel pretty good about her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I’m gonna work now so I can get home, I’ll be back in a bit

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

cheese sandwich posted:

Skimming sandwolf amoeba & bif I feel like if one of them is scum then it’s probably the scum that popped up after tpink got jailed and I don’t think that’s a productive target to aim for atm

Point being I have reasonably town vibes from all three. Aside from the bif point I just made, but otherwise I feel pretty good about her

So ya really think that with Mistuh amoeba's control of the discussion yestahday an' how many questions he asked that he was framin' his thoughts in an unbias way? I think it's fairly apparent in his short history that he's bein' pretty dishonest there when ah ain't been nothin' but a servant ah the lord

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Squiggly posted:

So ya really think that with Mistuh amoeba's control of the discussion yestahday an' how many questions he asked that he was framin' his thoughts in an unbias way? I think it's fairly apparent in his short history that he's bein' pretty dishonest there when ah ain't been nothin' but a servant ah the lord

Going to look into this shortly, the quick voodoo lunch is something I also want to go through in context which is a pita on a phone

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
I find post restrictions an easy way for scum to cover up their phrasing, and I don't like how Squiggs has leaned into it. I don't feel good about Sandy. I think cheese is OK and I like how Bifs been. I've never played a game like this so I'm pretty loving lost.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Amoeba has been considering using the objection though so if they do I hope it's to gun for Squiggly.

If no one came out with a strong case today and we had the same kind of apathy as yesterday.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Squiggly posted:

Huh that would be strange

But ya know what's stranger, sir? Centerin' and framin' the conversation as such when your own correspondence shows that we was respondin' tah your inquiries

We seems tah be gettin' down to tha end, an' Mistuh ameoba here is pushin' tah limit the choice tah a team ahm now convinced bears no evil. Mistuh Cena does not give me tha sense a' evil, an' leavin' when he would have gained a new ally does not seem tah validate that either

You guys managed to raise a lot of questions. Coming in saying you'd have challenged your own team, your self imposed post restriction meaning we had to ask cena a lot about you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly feels here like he was looking for a target amongst the 4 votes, was heading towards me, amoeba popped in to say something and Squiggly took it and ran.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK2000 posted:

I find post restrictions an easy way for scum to cover up their phrasing, and I don't like how Squiggs has leaned into it. I don't feel good about Sandy. I think cheese is OK and I like how Bifs been. I've never played a game like this so I'm pretty loving lost.

Come on man, I’m up for vote today, you don’t have a read on Cena, you don’t have any read on amoeba, it’s still mafia.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

Squiggly feels here like he was looking for a target amongst the 4 votes, was heading towards me, amoeba popped in to say something and Squiggly took it and ran.

Yes sir, ah certainly was and am. Ah will call out dishonesty as ah see it, an' it's better than anythin' sensed fah more historical reasons as most ah mah reads have been

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Squiggly posted:

Yes sir, ah certainly was and am. Ah will call out dishonesty as ah see it, an' it's better than anythin' sensed fah more historical reasons as most ah mah reads have been

What's the dishonest part?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Ah actually misinterprated Mistuh amoeba's intent upon rereadin'

amoeba posted:

They both controlled discussion around their masonry too - which seems like all we talked about.

Ah thought tah myself, we didn't ask ahselves a bunch a questions bout ahselves!

But he actually means that we was convinced ah Mistuh Voodoo's guilt fah otha reasons not heard by all, an as such was controlled by us

##unvote

Ah don't believe it's truly fair, as many people seem as convinced that their friends is decent an good fah reasons ah can't see with mah own eyes an we thought we was doin' tha true an propa thing, but it ain't bad like ah thought before

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

cheese sandwich posted:

That was my first thought when I went back and looked at them.

I don't see amoeba coming in the way he did when he replaced in and gunning for tpink when there were other easily viable targets. He's also been pretty good about explaining his cases and trying to jeep the game moving. Early reads aren't quite as valid in this new setup but amoeba has remained pretty townie since tpink died so he's probably the absolute lowest on my list of potential scum

bif has also seemed pretty townie to me, she has also stayed active and aggressive for all the days she wasn't up for the kill when it would be easy to lay relatively low. Now she certainly has the skill to be the vocal and indignant scum in the thread but usually when she does that I find myself disagreeing with a lot of her points because I think she tends to stretch to make some of those cases and she has been fairly reasonable and basically on the same page as me a lot so I don't think that is what is happening here.

Sandwolf... is playing a very strange game for him. I feel like he's been fairly active but also happy to fade into the background, and I generally expect him to be a bit more aggressive than he's been in this game. Usually at this point I have a good idea of what Sandwolf thinks about everything and he's usually gotten into some back-and-forths that open things up for town and I am just not seeing that this game. I think if there is scum in group 1 he's definitely the most likely candidate.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sandwolf... is playing a very strange game for him. I feel like he's been fairly active but also happy to fade into the background, and I generally expect him to be a bit more aggressive than he's been in this game. Usually at this point I have a good idea of what Sandwolf thinks about everything and he's usually gotten into some back-and-forths that open things up for town and I am just not seeing that this game. I think if there is scum in group 1 he's definitely the most likely candidate.

Mmmmhmmm Mistuh Hal preach it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Cena was who I was pretty sure I would vote for when the day started, but then I was put off a bit by how he basically asked us to do that. He also has come out and challenged twice now when he was clearly going to be an option for the kill which is a pretty bold move at this stage of the game.

However, I don't like his sorta peacing out in a huff that he did. That is VERY similar to something he did in a recent game when he was scum and beneath all the bluster he has put out this game there really isn't a lot of solid reads or calls. He has the suspicious extension when flipped scum tpink was on the line, and I've definitely gotten bad vibes from him most of the game. My instinct says he is more than likely scum and I may be falling into the trap of letting my emotional side soften that feeling. The voodoo vote was not great, but to be fair he had loaded up on casting suspicion in voodoo's direction since he replaced in. I am talking myself in and out of this vote. I just don't want to waste another day the way we did with merk.

I assume he hasn't come back to the masonry either since he left the thread?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Squiggly posted:

Aftah the direction ah conversations had been a goin' in more private quartas, me and Mistuh Cena ah both fairly convinced that at least one devil does reside on ah team

If I had tah guess, an' I do, ahm thinkin' that Mistuh Voodoo has been a little less 'n honest

##vote Voodoo

Lookin' back, it seems that Mistuh Cena had come down with some sort a medical condition where by he was strickin with blind rage at someone targetin' him

I suspected Mistuh Sal briefly for reasons that in tha past he tends to be quieter an a dead man when he's up tah no good. When he left ah company, I let mah suspicions drop ever so briefly, an' was taken in by tha arguments of Mistuh Cena and Mistuh Voodoofly ovah mah own good judgment on Mistuh Cheese. Seein' as all ah my thoughts this game have a history, ah thought maybe the arguments they was makin' might be reasonable

Aftah Mistuh tpink's no good histahry came'n tah light, I do regret my actions and am convinced that one ah my cohort ain't in it with tha interests that tha rest of us here share. I directly asked Mistuh Cena aftah the flip if we should call ahselves because ah felt like he has shared my suspicions on our third membah an' he agreed. Based on how ah conversations went regardin' the use ah our objections 'n such, I feel bettah about him than Mistuh Voodoofly

Bifauxnen posted:

Hmmm

How about VF today instead then

##vote Voodoo

DGK2000 posted:

##vote VF

Sandwolf posted:

I think I prefer the voodoo vote slightly more over Cena. The way he moved his vote around at the end of the day felt like he was hopeful for a last minute push off tpink.

##vote Voodoo

I am happy to vote Cena too, but I think this is the right move today.

JOHN CENA posted:

but yeah I'll roll the dice

##vote voodoofly

Here is all them votes in ordah

If ah don't think it's Mistuh Cena or myself, Mistuh bif looks good from tpink, Mistuh DGK is some sort a vengeful ghost...

then ah do believe it's Mistuh Sandwolf settin' up multiple hits

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

Cena was who I was pretty sure I would vote for when the day started, but then I was put off a bit by how he basically asked us to do that. He also has come out and challenged twice now when he was clearly going to be an option for the kill which is a pretty bold move at this stage of the game.

However, I don't like his sorta peacing out in a huff that he did. That is VERY similar to something he did in a recent game when he was scum and beneath all the bluster he has put out this game there really isn't a lot of solid reads or calls. He has the suspicious extension when flipped scum tpink was on the line, and I've definitely gotten bad vibes from him most of the game. My instinct says he is more than likely scum and I may be falling into the trap of letting my emotional side soften that feeling. The voodoo vote was not great, but to be fair he had loaded up on casting suspicion in voodoo's direction since he replaced in. I am talking myself in and out of this vote. I just don't want to waste another day the way we did with merk.

I assume he hasn't come back to the masonry either since he left the thread?

Ah sent him a certified mail in ah outside chats along with Mistuh Cloner an' they appear tah have worked themselves out some sort a treaty. He responded sayin' he'll be round in a few hours

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

As for people not up today, DGK has basically stopped trying since the day he was up for the vote which I do not like at all. I have a hard time seeing why he would put all his focus onto scumbro tpink that first day though since SNG was always an option, unless he felt like that was too scummy since he was getting hit pretty hard for the policy vote/scumslip stuff. But he still could have gone after me instead of tpink in that situation. As much as I would like to think my early call was right on him I think he's probably not scum at this point, but I would really like him to come back and play more!

cheese has also gone after tpink pretty hard, but never with any reasoning that was explained (well eventually it was sorta explained but it wasn't all that satisfactory). I do feel like his posting now is a bit better but there still haven't been a lot of reads. There are a few things that bugged me in his posting and I was going to quote them here but I just got dragged back into work for a bit but I will get back to him and squiggly in a little bit.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Everyone seems tah be relatin' personal anecdotes about Mistuh Cena that are passin' by me. Am ah gettin' fooled from some sort a historical perspective here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’ve been more vocal in mason chat due to the nature of the game, I have legit enjoyed my masonry with my team.

I think Squiggly is scum and I think Cena is scum with him. They both swerved off of tpink to try to lunch cheese.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

Everyone seems tah be relatin' personal anecdotes about Mistuh Cena that are passin' by me. Am ah gettin' fooled from some sort a historical perspective here

he recently did something similar-though-not-identical in a game recently as scum. And it was a similar sort of performative “gently caress this game.”

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

You know, it's just meta so take it with a grain of salt, but he was just scum in a game and made a bit of a show about leaving the thread because he was wasn't happy with the game and had better things to do, and then he ended up coming back in to defend himself repeatedly and it was all kind of over the top and of course he flipped scum. So really not the same thing that was happening here, but it was the same idea of being very "look at me" without a lot of content (and it may have been true that he thought he would be busy, I think he said as much after the game). I dunno, I get that same vibe here that this whole "get rid of me guys" thing is, in deference to Cena, some sort of kayfabe designed to make us think he's a babyface but deep down he's really a heel

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I’ve been more vocal in mason chat due to the nature of the game, I have legit enjoyed my masonry with my team.

I think Squiggly is scum and I think Cena is scum with him. They both swerved off of tpink to try to lunch cheese.

Ah is this true? One thing I haven't been great at this game is looking at vote movement.

Sandwolf posted:

he recently did something similar-though-not-identical in a game recently as scum. And it was a similar sort of performative “gently caress this game.”

Yeah much more succinctly put by Sandwolf

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sandwolf posted:

Come on man, I’m up for vote today, you don’t have a read on Cena, you don’t have any read on amoeba, it’s still mafia.

I didn't like Cena coming in early, his using both one shot abilities immediately, and then disappearing. I think amoeba is town, he's been in and vocal and seems consistent.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

##vote The face that runs the place

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ugh it got way later than I realized, I will continue my reads tomorrow. Sticking with my gut, ##vote Cena

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I’m about halfway through the thread but reason through is mostly just confirming by reads I have

Gonna finish reading when I get up but it’s probably going to be cena. I keep seeing more reasons to feel comfortable but with a vote when I look back

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

cheese sandwich posted:

I’m about halfway through the thread but reading through

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

JOHN CENA (3): JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA, Bifauxnen, DGK2000, Hal Incandenza
Bifauxnen (1): JOHN CENA
Amoeba102 (0): Squiggly, Squiggly

Not Voting (4): Amoeba102, cheese sandwich, Sandwolf, Squiggly

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 18th, 2020 at 9:24 a.m. BST -- that's in about 30 minutes.

You can only vote for:
- JOHN CENA
- Bifauxnen
- Sandwolf
- Amoeba102

NOTE
Remember that each team has two one-shot commands available (assuming they have not yet been used):

The team on the stand can call ##OBJECTION TEAM-n to switch with another team (team-n). This removes themselves from the stand and puts team-n in their place, resetting the 24 hour deadline.

Any team can call ##MOVETOSTRIKE to extend the deadline by 24 hours.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

long work day today, definite scum are dgk and a combination of either bif or amoeba. third scum who knows. i lean sandwolf or hal based on today. squiggles is pretty town fmpov based on our chats in the masonry. ##vote john cena have fun sifting for scum today. i would have volunteered yesterday even further to just be voted had the op not been misleading over the scumcount. it should have just been left vague or not mentioned at all.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

JOHN CENA (4): JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA, Bifauxnen, DGK2000, Hal Incandenza, JOHN CENA
Bifauxnen (0): JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA
Amoeba102 (0): Squiggly, Squiggly

Not Voting (4): Amoeba102, cheese sandwich, Sandwolf, Squiggly

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 18th, 2020 at 9:24 a.m. BST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

You can only vote for:
- JOHN CENA
- Bifauxnen
- Sandwolf
- Amoeba102

NOTE
Remember that each team has two one-shot commands available (assuming they have not yet been used):

The team on the stand can call ##OBJECTION TEAM-n to switch with another team (team-n). This removes themselves from the stand and puts team-n in their place, resetting the 24 hour deadline.

Any team can call ##MOVETOSTRIKE to extend the deadline by 24 hours.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
:redhammer:

Flip incoming shortly

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Mayor Cloner rises from his oversized mahogany chair, his voice booming.
"JOHN CENA, this court finds you GUILTY!"

The rest of the defendents watch as Mayor Cloner refers to his paperwork.
"You are Jonny's half brother. No doubt you two got into the odd scuffle here and there, all siblings do. Was this a case of siblicide? The court seem to think so."

Martin Gillespie (JOHN CENA), Innocent Sibling (Town), has been jailed.

It is now Day 6.
There are 4 Town players and 3 Scum players remaining.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

DGK or Squiggly make the challenge today.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Thoughts;

Given the ratio it seems very likely DGK and at least one person on team 1 is scum, along with hal and/or squigg.

I don't have a scum read on dgk although his activity level has been pretty similar to the thread. While I was reading last night and thinking about it this morning I'm paranoid that he's been lurking it waiting for lylo. If our team was all town, then at least two of the people on team 1 are probably scum. If nobody on team 1 is scum then almost everybody else would be and that doesn't make sense

This is super dangerous territory because team 1 & team 3 both still have objections, and if either squiggly or hal are town then there's a good chance it will be game over unless scum come into the day aggressively which they really don't have any incentive to do

Reading squiggly I still feel like it's likely he is scum. I'm almost positive that his posting style is elective, it doesn't make sense that he would be the only person with a restriction or PR of some sort and it's really giving him the ability to generate a lot of noise in the place of content. I mentioned this already but I've done this in the past pretty successfully. The one thing he has going for him atm fmpov is that we know cena's read and comments about him were sincere

That team 1 still has their objection is dangerous since there's almost certainly a scum on that team. I'm worried that that's going to make the game unwinnable and I'm not sure how to organize that one in a way that doesn't require a lot of trust

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

DGK or Squiggly make the challenge today.

If we're doing this then it should be DGK to minimize objection shenanigans since the one making the call can't object

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I think DGK is suspicious, but I feel a bit more confident about Squiggly

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

cheese sandwich posted:

If we're doing this then it should be DGK to minimize objection shenanigans since the one making the call can't object

Sure I have zero problem with this.

##calltothestand Team 3

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

DGK2000 posted:

Sure I have zero problem with this.

##calltothestand Team 3

Sorry dude, maybe you should have!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

If that was somehow unclear, it’s impossible for town to win now

Sorry dgk that was a scum slip in the group :smith: which is especially hilarious because we can’t talk out of thread