Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

kimbo305 posted:

Hmm, is there a way to carry both sizes and quick switch between them?

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

no gore warning? mods?

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Why haven’t tri bikes just gone 1x yet?

Yeah as the bike has Di2 I'm going to try out full syncro shift so essentially acting as 1x (in that i just have buttons for up and down and it swtiches the chainrings for me)... Using it on the trainer it seems to work well, it'll be interesting to see what its like in the real work, especially going up hill/under load.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
How much of a time difference might be expected for a typical tri with the same rider on that purple folding dick and vagina's cunty new ride?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

Hmm, is there a way to carry both sizes and quick switch between them?

How about a QR chainring?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

marshalljim posted:

How much of a time difference might be expected for a typical tri with the same rider on that purple folding dick and vagina's cunty new ride?

10-12 minutes over 112 mi Ironman bike section.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Smoke cleared out nicely by yesterday, felt like a great early fall ride

Then this morning, more foggy but still pretty great

Hoping the smoke doesn't come back this weekend but winds are shifting and it might :(

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
I'm really loving the way this bike rides. I did not expect it to be this fun.

Koth fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 18, 2020

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Anza Borrego posted:

The Renegade I’m looking at is the Force 1 11sp 1x and was under the impression that a gravel-oriented 1x is manageable. Is that not really right?

Perfect for hilly San Diego. Just don't try and do thursday night worlds at Fiesta Island on that gearing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
picked up a winter bike

Raleigh Super Tourer, aka the only bike I've seen which breaks the "stem shifters = low end bike" rule. I think the Huret Jubilee drivetrain is still one of the lightest groups ever made, and I love the Stronglight crank with the guard.

Shockingly nobody bought a full 531 frame with upright bars in 1975 but you could probably sell something like this today if you put Velo Orange or All-City on the downtube.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Those brakes look flexy as hell. But that is a handsome looking frame and drivetrain.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oh the brakes are terrible. They look cool as hell but 1970s sidepulls are not what you want when going downhill.

Theoretically they might have been good because those are actually some of the first dual pivot brakes ever but they hadn't figured those out in the 70s apparently.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Rode some bikes today with my best little buddy.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

Koth posted:

:dogcited: more dogs and bikes photos please :allears:

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Mauser posted:

the text on that bike makes it look like somebody grabbed the side of this image to resize instead of the corner. Edit: also the rest of the bike, same comment

"What's a uihmunudhla, never heard of them"

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Steve French posted:

"What's a uihmunudhla, never heard of them"

Haha this is exactly what I thought, but I didn't want to make the effort to type it out.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Koth posted:

Haha this is exactly what I thought, but I didn't want to make the effort to type it out.
:same:

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Smdh why didn’t you put your bike under his butt it’s like the perfect level

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Dick Wood™ paid visit to Palos Verdes today

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Some great photos on this page.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Koth posted:

A few days late, but what are your handlebars? I'm using some swept-back bars, but the stem is absurdly high, and having something like these could split the difference and allow the stem to look less like a basketball hoop.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Shlomo Palestein posted:

A few days late, but what are your handlebars? I'm using some swept-back bars, but the stem is absurdly high, and having something like these could split the difference and allow the stem to look less like a basketball hoop.

Velo Orange Klunker bars. I really like them so far after 100km.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

That's a great wall!

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
crosspost from the mtb thread

Samopsa posted:

new bike day :getin:

my first mtb after doing trails on my gravel bike the past couple of years. Gonna try it out on some local trails this weekend, can't wait!

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Picture needs more rocks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

picked up a winter bike

Raleigh Super Tourer, aka the only bike I've seen which breaks the "stem shifters = low end bike" rule. I think the Huret Jubilee drivetrain is still one of the lightest groups ever made, and I love the Stronglight crank with the guard.

Shockingly nobody bought a full 531 frame with upright bars in 1975 but you could probably sell something like this today if you put Velo Orange or All-City on the downtube.

Update despite getting damaged by a shop which I am still dealing with this bike is hilarious. I have zero idea what the designers were thinking but riding in a comfortable cruise position on a plush spring saddle except on a high end lightweight frame and 53x14 as the high gear feels really silly but also really fun. Extremely recommended if you like the feeling of wind resistance

E) I also like calling a bike "super tourer" and not including any bottle cage mounts. I don't think I'm going to be doing any Super Touring on this

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 23, 2020

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Update despite getting damaged by a shop which I am still dealing with this bike is hilarious. I have zero idea what the designers were thinking but riding in a comfortable cruise position on a plush spring saddle except on a high end lightweight frame and 53x14 as the high gear feels really silly but also really fun. Extremely recommended if you like the feeling of wind resistance

E) I also like calling a bike "super tourer" and not including any bottle cage mounts. I don't think I'm going to be doing any Super Touring on this

I don't know when bikes started coming with braze-ons, but at least early 70s Raleigh light weights didn't.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
My first real road bike! Giant Content AR3, about 3 weeks old, I've been riding every night. Such an upgrade from my old hand me down. The color is a bit boring, but with the bike shortage these days I'm just happy I found one that had the features I was looking for.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Sneeing Emu posted:

Giant Content AR3

Glad you're happy with it! ;)

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Sneeing Emu posted:

My first real road bike! Giant Content AR3, about 3 weeks old, I've been riding every night. Such an upgrade from my old hand me down. The color is a bit boring, but with the bike shortage these days I'm just happy I found one that had the features I was looking for.

Nice!

Speaking from personal experience - a boring frame color is just a free license to go bonkers with bar tape and other accessory colors.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

nm posted:

I don't know when bikes started coming with braze-ons, but at least early 70s Raleigh light weights didn't.

Yeah, my dad's 1970 Raleigh Record had bolt on bottle cage mounts. Basically fancy hose clamps.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

bicievino posted:

Nice!

Speaking from personal experience - a boring frame color is just a free license to go bonkers with bar tape and other accessory colors.

Yeah, my giant boring color now has pale blue pedals and bottle cages and will eventually have pale blue bar tape when the current red stuff wears out. Mine is like army dark green though, so that guy has nothing to complain about with their pretty bike

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I bought a real road bike finally after riding for 15 years:

All City Zig Zag that I had built up from a bare frameset. Ride bikes, get fat :btroll:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

nm posted:

Kinda weird cuz they went through the trouble to include some cool (and very fragile looking) frame pump braze-ons under the top tube.

Might see if I can get a bottle cage clamp-on, but apparently they're one of those things in short supply right now.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Flying_Crab posted:

I bought a real road bike finally after riding for 15 years:

All City Zig Zag that I had built up from a bare frameset. Ride bikes, get fat :btroll:

Nice!

All City has consistently great paint.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Not a bike, but I found a set of these espresso cups and saucers at an op shop.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Kinda weird cuz they went through the trouble to include some cool (and very fragile looking) frame pump braze-ons under the top tube.

Might see if I can get a bottle cage clamp-on, but apparently they're one of those things in short supply right now.

My early 70s International has nothing. It has a band on campy pump peg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Ole Blue before she threw me to the ground