Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

bobjr posted:

If Trump is too sick to go to a debate what happens then?

Buddy he hasn’t stepped out onto the balcony of a quarantined White House room to wave at the masses and declare he’s fine and it’s been like 10 hours since his official test. We aren’t having anymore debates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

This is very funny
Oh my loving god. :cawg:

Cry your bitter rear end tears, shithead.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

This is pretty good, because it underlines how the Trumps only have themselves to blame, without actually saying it.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Xombie posted:

The debate is pretty much already cancelled or delayed, because it's less than 14 days away.

McConnel is suggesting they do it remotely.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

skylined! posted:

Gonna get that grand jury drop from the Breonna Taylor case today too.

You bet that AG is happy to have something else going on today

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Gatts posted:

What are the tragic odds declaring he has Covid is to distract and change the subject of his debate performance and his support of white supremecy?

None. If that's really what they were going for it would have been Jared or one of the other failsons who got it.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Oh my loving god. :cawg:

Cry your bitter rear end tears, shithead.

Remember that loving idiot left the White House shitshow and then returned.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

DynamicSloth posted:

McConnel is suggesting they do it remotely.

I guess that would make it a lot easier to mute him

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Xombie posted:

I guess that would make it a lot easier to mute him

The intubation should also help quiet him down

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

that stupidly made my day. least the old bastard will keep kicking. my dad will too probably, he just needs months of speech therapy now.

This is very funny

lol nice. gently caress you lady. they legit bullied you when your sorta tried to do the right thing. reaping what they sow.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

yes we all know trump has terrible political instincts and frequently makes the worst decision at every turn, but there is zero chance that even he is dumb enough to pretend to have coronavirus as some sort of galaxy brain move to improve his dying campaign. although, it would be very funny, so I guess we can root for it. also the national security movements last night would suggest that this is real.

I've changed my mind from before and now believe it's legit from what I've read.

But if the question is "Is Trump actually dumb enough to ___?" the answer is always 'yes'

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 2, 2020

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I find my self thinking of a psalm (109)

7 In his being judged, he goeth forth wicked, And his prayer is for sin.
8 His days are few, his oversight another taketh,
9 His sons are fatherless, and his wife a widow.
10 And wander continually do his sons, Yea, they have begged, And have sought out of their dry places.
11 An exactor layeth a snare for all that he hath, And strangers spoil his labour.
12 He hath none to extend kindness, Nor is there one showing favour to his orphans.
13 His posterity is for cutting off, In another generation is their name blotted out.
14 The iniquity of his fathers Is remembered unto Jehovah, And the sin of his mother is not blotted out.
15 They are before Jehovah continually, And He cutteth off from earth their memorial.
16 Because that he hath not remembered to do kindness, And pursueth the poor man and needy, And the smitten of heart -- to slay,
17 And he loveth reviling, and it meeteth him, And he hath not delighted in blessing, And it is far from him.
18 And he putteth on reviling as his robe, And it cometh in as water into his midst, And as oil into his bones.
19 It is to him as apparel -- he covereth himself, And for a continual girdle he girdeth it on.
20 This [is] the wage of mine accusers from Jehovah, And of those speaking evil against my soul.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that stupidly made my day. least the old bastard will keep kicking. my dad will too probably, he just needs months of speech therapy now.

Most sincere well wishes to your dad.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

oops

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol nice. gently caress you lady. they legit bullied you when your sorta tried to do the right thing. reaping what they sow.

It's still a little early to celebrate, given incubation times. A negative test Monday or after and I breathe easy and Biden does as well. But I'm sure he's got daily tests coming up.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
loving china manufactured the bullet I shot my dick odd with

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Just lmao if this scuttles the Senate's Supreme Court calendar. This administration truly cannot do anything right.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/sarahcwestwood/status/1312068116193701895

Trump missed the phone call, you say

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
i hope everybody dies

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
These are still for sale LMAO

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/covid-heroes.htm

:laffo: I forgot about the WORLD vs VIRUS part :lol:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Next up: The Fightin' Virus

https://twitter.com/jackmjenkins/status/1312068942157025280?s=20

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Trump clearly caught COVID on purpose to distract from the tax story and the Melania tapes

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

OctaMurk posted:

I guess either way I don't see the problem. If Trump dies, the VP candidate would be serve in his place. Thats literally the whole point of the vice presidency. You elect the trump-pence ticket but trump dies, you get pence. There's no mystery and nothing unseemly about that.

In theory the EC has to okay that, but Pence is the one they should have 0% chance disapproving. If the RNC put Ivanka and Eric Trump on the list, for instance, the EC members might decide the RNC has lost their drat minds and not vote for it.

Neo Rasa posted:

These are still for sale LMAO

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/covid-heroes.htm

:laffo: I forgot about the WORLD vs VIRUS part :lol:

I can't think of anything more appropriate than an empty podium for that coin.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

whydirt posted:

Trump clearly caught COVID on purpose to distract from the tax story and the Melania tapes

Oh my god the tax thing was like 5 days ago.

It's like a gish gallop of bad news cycles.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Goddamn this really was a superspreader scenario, love that k value.

Guess corona must be transmissible via PISSSSSS

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

I’m telling y’all the man is loving sick.

A strongman fash gently caress does not admit to having caught a deadly virus and then not immediately show that he’s fine actually. See what bolsonaro did. If trump was fine with mild symptoms right now he would have been on Fox and friends this morning.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I am deeply gladdened by this news. Not just because it has a chance of ripping through the GOP and GOP donor ranks, and possibly take down Trump, but hopefully it might potentially stop a far-right rise to attack the left in the US.

Prior to this, with all the doom saying Trump had been doing about mail in ballots being fraudulent, and with him ginning up the fascists to potentially interfere with the election at polls, or stand by to listen to his order, this election was on track to get really messy.

This might help tamp that down somewhat. Trump contracting this essentially blows his whole cover of "we're in control, we're going to get everything back on track, better than ever!". And him having it likely takes him out of the picture as well, being able to tweet and agitate. And if he comes down with it badly enough, it blows his strongman image, and likely affects voter turnout as well, especially if he becomes so sick Pence needs to take over. His ability to say "It's all a fraud! This election was illegal!" when he loses is severely weakened, and thus any legitimacy for a concerted, large scale effort by the fascists to start attacking and killing the left. Especially if he doesn't have their back to aid them with federal or military forces, or potentially offer them pardon's. I still expect there will be people who do this, but I don't think it's likely to become as big as it could have.

Ideal situation - Trump has it and is severely affected, and is hospitalized, possibly put into coma to stabilize him. Election goes on as planned. Corona rips through GOP, hopefully taking out some Senators on the way, stopping any confirmation of a Chief Justice going ahead as planned. Also affects large money donor base as they flee due to the GOP recklessly endangering their lives when they new it was in their presence. Crowd numbers for any events decline massively, and basically people start to fall away from the GOP and Trump's campaign.

Trump recovers enough to be taken out of coma or whatever place he is in, but still so severely affected he is but a mere shadow of what he was. Is awake and cognoscente enough to see himself be absolutely wrecked in the election. Weak, and without people to back him up, he can only accept the results as they are, as Pence is still in acting President mode. January comes around, Biden gets sworn in, and every single DA who has been sharpening their knives for this exact moment go in and flense this motherfucker and his entire family.

That's the dream at least. Or Trump tries to call an insurrection, raise an army, is beaten, tried and found to be a traitor, is hanged, and his body dumped at sea so there will be no shrine for him on US soil.

However it happens, I am much more happy about what has happened than I was several day ago, when it looked like a fascist para-military was about to happen in the US. It still may happen, but I think the chances of it going full hot are a lot less now.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

:munch: Less than 24 hours since Trump tested positive and there's already one GOP senator. Im gonna double down and say this is gonna hit more than just Lee.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Has Trump tweeted anything since that one tweet confirming it all?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

stillvisions posted:

I can't think of anything more appropriate than an empty podium for that coin.

I was thinking the same thing and kind of want it, but gently caress forking $125 to Trump's campaign. I don't know the path the money would take to get there from The White House Gift Shop, but I know it would.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

BigglesSWE posted:

Has Trump tweeted anything since that one tweet confirming it all?

no, it certainly seems like he is seriously ill. i'm trying not to get my hopes up though, this being 2020 and all.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1312070430723919873?s=20

The Ghost of RBG endures.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
We had to eject someone from the pharmacy yesterday for attacking my vietnamese coworker with a bunch of "goddamn chinese virus" nonsense. Can't wait for Trump's folks to encourage a new wave of hate crimes.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

seems likely it spread at the scotus announcement

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
Even by the standards of a normal presidency, the public is never told if a president is gravely ill. In this White House they will jump through every hoop to give the illusion that he's just got the sniffles. We won't know if he's seriously ill until hours before Pence is sworn in.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I was thinking the same thing and kind of want it, but gently caress forking $125 to Trump's campaign. I don't know the path the money would take to get there from The White House Gift Shop, but I know it would.

Iirc I think that site is owned by a random grifter. I’m ok with giving mom money to a random grifter for that if I know it’s not going to trump

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Trump has the best medical care in the world and their probably already proactively treating him. I doubt he's seriously ill its literally been like a few hours. The virus doesn't work that fast.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
:banjo:

President Trump, what we gonna do?
Inject him with the Wuhan Flu
Inject him with the Wuuuhannn Flu

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Xombie posted:

Even by the standards of a normal presidency, the public is never told if a president is gravely ill. In this White House they will jump through every hoop to give the illusion that he's just got the sniffles. We won't know if he's seriously ill until hours before Pence is sworn in.

Ya but we can make educated guesses. Like the loudest chucklefuck man on the planet going radio silent after announcing he Oopsy caught the plague probably doesn’t mean he’s just in bed with a hot water bottle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

Xombie posted:

Maybe not until after - part of this is they need the perception someone has the nuclear football in their control. Until Pence is announced as temporarily taking over that duty you'd hear nothing.