Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It was shot this year. I don't know which wife Guiliani is on at this point, number three? Four?

Okay, I thought maybe it had a delay because of the pandemic. His last wife left him last year so I was curious if he was willing to cheat on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Rhyno posted:

Okay, I thought maybe it had a delay because of the pandemic. His last wife left him last year so I was curious if he was willing to cheat on her.

He has a very public history of cheating on former wives. He also announced he was divorcing his wife during a press conference, which is when she also found out about it.

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Ah so he's just a regular creep who was preparing to gently caress someone he just met and is 1/3 his age, good to know.

Look, I don't like the guy and I don't want to defend him, I'm just trying to avoid the potential propagation of bullshit here. Taken at face value and without the context of the actress being 24, the scene is far more damning than it actually is. And we all know how tweets are great for providing context.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
We can watch and find out in 2 days I guess. For the record I'm not saying that Guiliani was under the impression that this woman was a 15 year old girl and was getting ready to gently caress, what I'm saying is that he was more than willing to almost whip his dick out in front of a young woman he just met and was ostensibly a college reporter. I really doubt they had any relationship outside of the set up, this isn't an issue of an older man and a younger woman being in a relationship, it's a guy who saw a chance to score and leap at it even though he should 10000000% know better.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
You know, he probably left the room because someone else came into the room and spooked him

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

^^^^^
:respek:

Uncle Lloyd posted:

It's probably important to note that the actress in the scene is reportedly 24, and that Guiliani tried to leave immediately after Baron Cohen came in with the "she's 15!" line. So while he's definitely an absolute idiot, he's probably not a pedophilic idiot.

He got up to leave because SBC was running at him in a thong, not because he’s a morally upright person.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Funny given yesterday the news was:

https://twitter.com/hshaban/status/1318557786285002754

Wonder what government department Quibi qualifies Whitman to run.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

theflyingexecutive posted:

^^^^^

He got up to leave because SBC was running at him in a thong, not because he’s a morally upright person.

lmao he was wearing a thing?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Chairman Capone posted:

Funny given yesterday the news was:

https://twitter.com/hshaban/status/1318557786285002754

Wonder what government department Quibi qualifies Whitman to run.

Treasury for sure.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Uncle Lloyd posted:

It's probably important to note that the actress in the scene is reportedly 24, and that Guiliani tried to leave immediately after Baron Cohen came in with the "she's 15!" line. So while he's definitely an absolute idiot, he's probably not a pedophilic idiot.

No that's not actually important at all

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/laceyvrose/status/1319034674023264257

lmao Disney

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, that last scene in Trial of the Chicago 7. It's one of the most cringe things I've ever scene. Move over "Newsroom/Bin Laden" scene, we have a new clubhouse leader.

I don't know anything about Abbie Hoffman. Did he have a weird accent or is SBC just really bad at this guys particular accent?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:discourse:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Looten Plunder posted:

Holy poo poo, that last scene in Trial of the Chicago 7. It's one of the most cringe things I've ever scene. Move over "Newsroom/Bin Laden" scene, we have a new clubhouse leader.

I don't know anything about Abbie Hoffman. Did he have a weird accent or is SBC just really bad at this guys particular accent?

The Dollop just released part 2 of a 3 part podcast on Abbie Hoffman, and at the end of each episode they take a couple minutes to poo poo on Sorkin and how badly portrayed The Chicago Seven is, especially because its way more absurd than you can imagine. I recommend listening to at least the second episode which is on the trial alone, but the first provides all the backdrop and is great.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Looten Plunder posted:

He was from Massachusetts so he had your typical Massachusetts accent, but not a particularly strong one, though honestly that might be tougher than a really broad "Pahk the cah in hahvahd yahd." Here's video of him and Bernie in the 80's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aXF-b9gKs4&t=467s

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I finished Lovecraft Country and I think my opinion on it ended up matching my view on Watchmen, strong opening, couldn't keep up the momentum and then ending on some bad choices.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

muscles like this! posted:

I finished Lovecraft Country and I think my opinion on it ended up matching my view on Watchmen, strong opening, couldn't keep up the momentum and then ending on some bad choices.

yea pretty meh

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Azhais posted:

Secret of N.I.M.H. is the only kids movie you should watch

:hmmyes:

Can't wait to traumatize my children with this.

LionArcher posted:

why can't a billionaire like Babylon 5 and buy it from WB for like 200 million, and then give JMS the rights and a four or five year commitment to a new series :(. I want more B5 with modern day effects. (and re do the old effects and then put them out on Blu-ray finally).

JMS will respond to anyone on twitter and talks about this all the time. tl;dr - there is one executive that hates him and won't sell the rights or unfreeze the property as a personal grudge. They know it would make money on the blu ray, and there's even a guy with the original CGI who has been updating it for HD, but :nallears:

So until that guy leaves or is fired, the series is on ice. :smith:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

...am I supposed to sympathize with anyone in this story?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AngryBooch posted:

...am I supposed to sympathize with anyone in this story?

The woman who built their primetime slate..

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Disney poo poo out free park tickets because they don’t care, so the fact that’s what caused her to leave is hilarious. I don’t think I’ve ever had to pay to go in.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

swickles posted:

Oh I see, they weren't paying her enough to afford a ticket to Disneyland.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Any :canada:s watching Trickster on CBC? It's got a stranger things vibe but a much more serious tone. Third episode just came out and it's getting very cool and Lore-y.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I kind of hope Netflix or someone buys up the Quibi shows so people can actually see them without signing up for a lovely service called Quibi. Though I honestly don't want to see any of them.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AngryBooch posted:

Oh I see, they weren't paying her enough to afford a ticket to Disneyland.

The point wasn't the cost, its a benefit that is widely (and publicly!) extended to higher ups in the company. Telling her "don't you have enough" over the cost of a Disney ticket is guaranteed to drive off anyone, let alone the person that has literally sculpted the bulk of your networks primetime lineup. Its so bad on so many levels and given her record, will be made more severe as time goes on. I also say this as someone who literally hasn't watched a single episode of a Shonda Rhimes show, but knows of her skill.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

swickles posted:

The point wasn't the cost, its a benefit that is widely (and publicly!) extended to higher ups in the company. Telling her "don't you have enough" over the cost of a Disney ticket is guaranteed to drive off anyone, let alone the person that has literally sculpted the bulk of your networks primetime lineup. Its so bad on so many levels and given her record, will be made more severe as time goes on. I also say this as someone who literally hasn't watched a single episode of a Shonda Rhimes show, but knows of her skill.

Disney does not give interchangeable passes to their parks to their higher ups, that isn't the benefit. Calling an executive at ABC to get them to call the ticket booth of Disneyland is extremely spoiled behavior. Hope Netflix makes her happy and she makes a different show than Grey's Anatomy but this time at a newspaper or something.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I mean they did specifically say it was the last straw. Not like everything was going great then she dipped out over such a tiny thing. I mean it's common enough in regular life where friends will have a little beef and one asks for a tiny favor only to get turned down and it's like "welp see ya never shitnuts." Friendship with ABC over. Helps to have a new friend waiting in the wings too though.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

swickles posted:

Its an article about an immensely rich woman feeling slighted about not getting enough free perks, and ends with her victoriously proclaiming that she is the most paid show teller in television.

The story sucks and I'm disappointed i read it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AngryBooch posted:

Disney does not give interchangeable passes to their parks to their higher ups, that isn't the benefit. Calling an executive at ABC to get them to call the ticket booth of Disneyland is extremely spoiled behavior. Hope Netflix makes her happy and she makes a different show than Grey's Anatomy but this time at a newspaper or something.

Even if what you said is true, is it a good idea to shred your relationship over like $200 bucks for a multimillion empire? You realise she would have to do that every day for a century plus to even come close to the revenue she generated for ABC...

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

swickles posted:

Even if what you said is true, is it a good idea to shred your relationship over like $200 bucks for a multimillion empire? You realise she would have to do that every day for a century plus to even come close to the revenue she generated for ABC...

Sounds like she was just looking for excuses to leave. She's absolutely creatively spent at ABC. Hope she creates something new at Netflix and ABC takes a chance on somebody fresh and everyone's happy tbh.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

All six seasons of Dawson's Creek are coming to Netflix November 1 so if Trump wins re-election I will be retreating back into my high school life and only watching UPN/The WB dramas for the next four years. Birds of Prey!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Inspector 34 posted:

I mean they did specifically say it was the last straw. Not like everything was going great then she dipped out over such a tiny thing. I mean it's common enough in regular life where friends will have a little beef and one asks for a tiny favor only to get turned down and it's like "welp see ya never shitnuts." Friendship with ABC over. Helps to have a new friend waiting in the wings too though.

It's this. She was probably getting a ton of poo poo behind the scenes, despite basically carrying their network, and now they can't even accommodate her on this tiny thing. That's the moment she realized that Disney and ABC would never change so gently caress em.

It's not the value of the ticket, it's that they can't or won't even keep their word on simple poo poo so why would she expect them to do any better in the future? It's a bit like the M&Ms stories for rockstars and their touring venues.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's this. She was probably getting a ton of poo poo behind the scenes, despite basically carrying their network, and now they can't even accommodate her on this tiny thing. That's the moment she realized that Disney and ABC would never change so gently caress em.

It's not the value of the ticket, it's that they can't or won't even keep their word on simple poo poo so why would she expect them to do any better in the future? It's a bit like the M&Ms stories for rockstars and their touring venues.

similarly, though, the M&Ms thing looks ridiculous until you realize it was sandwiched in Van Halen's rider between a bunch of important "do this so EVH won't accidentally injure himself" or "do this so the stage won't burn down" or "do this so people can actually hear us properly" things. they didn't want to tell anyone until long after it was a non-issue, because then venue owners would get the trick and put out the M&Ms and half-rear end everything else, so in the meantime they just looked like absolute dickheads.

these kinds of things need context or you just look like a petty rear end in a top hat, and we're still missing the kind of context on Shonda's situation that would make her not look like a petty rear end in a top hat.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
If an executive is going to act so huffy over a request for a pass to an amusement park they own why would you have any confidence that they would support you in any endeavor? What if someone were assaulted or harassed? Why should Shonda Rhimes have faith that the company would respond to these issues if asking for another pass to their park would get such a response? Call it entitled if you want but I think it speaks of larger issues and it was as good as any reason to leave.

e: It's one thing to deny a request, to say "sorry, we can't do that for you" but to ask "don't you have enough?" is pretty disgusting, especially considering it's coming from someone who undoubtedly makes more than 95% of people in the country. gently caress the executive class, they are leeches.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 22, 2020

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Hell I got more free passes than I knew what to do with when I worked at Disneyland during college and I was a lowly cast member.

My cousin was an Imagineer and just got tons of them.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

similarly, though, the M&Ms thing looks ridiculous until you realize it was sandwiched in Van Halen's rider between a bunch of important "do this so EVH won't accidentally injure himself" or "do this so the stage won't burn down" or "do this so people can actually hear us properly" things. they didn't want to tell anyone until long after it was a non-issue, because then venue owners would get the trick and put out the M&Ms and half-rear end everything else, so in the meantime they just looked like absolute dickheads.

these kinds of things need context or you just look like a petty rear end in a top hat, and we're still missing the kind of context on Shonda's situation that would make her not look like a petty rear end in a top hat.

that makes a lot of sense and im glad to know that context finally. thank you, WeedlordGoku69

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/miracle-workers-renewed-season-3-tbs-1234813375/

Miracle Workers s3 officially announced (although it kind of accidentally got announced a couple of months ago when it was mentioned that they would take advantage of California tax credits.) "Set in the 1844, the new season will follow an idealistic small-town preacher (Radcliffe) who teams up with a wanted outlaw (Buscemi) and a liberated prairie wife (Viswanathan) to lead a wagon train west on the Oregon Trail across an American landscape which, much like today, is fraught with both promise and peril."

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yes that sounds ace

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GxA7ou3WDs
A funny video about a celebrity ghost hunting show from 2006.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/inkookang/status/1319374824511332352

Lmao the stupid loving DCEU is gonna bankrupt HBOmax