Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I hate how plausible these 269/269 maps are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Less plausible but fun

Imagine the broken brains

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 18:49 on Oct 22, 2020

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

The fact that the electoral college even allows for a tie is absolutely insane.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
or that it even exists at all

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

This is the only tie map that seems plausible to me, though I suspect of polls are off that much, it's probably a win for Trump in ME-2 as well and he gets it 270-268. Arizona blue and Wisconsin or Pennsylvania red seems nonsensical to me.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Why is everyone so horny for a tie. There's a clear process for handling that

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

sum posted:

Because it will be hilarious.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

sum posted:

no one is going to view a tie as legitimate, even if people follow the rules

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Grapplejack posted:

no one is going to view a tie as legitimate, even if people follow the rules

especially if trump is first put into office by the dumb rules of the electoral college and kept there by the even stupider rules of a tied electoral college while losing the popular vote both times

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Soup du Jour posted:

especially if trump is first put into office by the dumb rules of the electoral college and kept there by the even stupider rules of a tied electoral college while losing the popular vote both times

Nah if it's a tie it'll be a Biden / Pence administration. House votes for president, senate votes for VP.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

Nah if it's a tie it'll be a Biden / Pence administration. House votes for president, senate votes for VP.

actually the rules are that each state delegation gets one vote for a total of 50 votes

guess which party controls more state delegations

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Azathoth posted:

This is the only tie map that seems plausible to me, though I suspect of polls are off that much, it's probably a win for Trump in ME-2 as well and he gets it 270-268. Arizona blue and Wisconsin or Pennsylvania red seems nonsensical to me.

I think the most likely outcomes, in order, are

1. Trump overperforms his popular vote expectations slightly, Biden disappoints because D's don't turn out on election day. Trump hits like 44% popular vote, trails by 4-5% nationally, and wins a slim EV victory based on a red PA, OH, NC, AZ, and 1 midwestern state.
2. Biden's for real and people really hate Trump that much. He wins an EV victory around 60-80 votes.
3. Biden's not for real but still 'wins' a slim EV victory with a blue PA and AZ. Chaos ensues.
4. Tie I've outlined above.
5. Something no one could imagine but that is very stupid.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Crusader Kings had a Fallout NV mod?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Rabid Snake posted:

Crusader Kings had a Fallout NV mod?

hearts of iron iirc

the postapoc america one made by a goon for ck3 is cool though

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Penisaurus Sex posted:

1. Trump overperforms his popular vote expectations slightly, Biden disappoints because D's don't turn out on election day. Trump hits like 44% popular vote, trails by 4-5% nationally, and wins a slim EV victory based on a red PA, OH, NC, AZ, and 1 midwestern state.
2. Biden's for real and people really hate Trump that much. He wins an EV victory around 60-80 votes.
3. Biden's not for real but still 'wins' a slim EV victory with a blue PA and AZ. Chaos ensues.

Five includes stuff like 3. combined with fuckery with the vote counting process leading to state legislatures declaring the state vote invalid and trying to send their own electors and stuff like that, right?

Because as unlikely as it is that would be a hell of a loving show.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

FacebookEmpathyMom posted:

Five includes stuff like 3. combined with fuckery with the vote counting process leading to state legislatures declaring the state vote invalid and trying to send their own electors and stuff like that, right?

Because as unlikely as it is that would be a hell of a loving show.

no 5 is distinct from 3 because I think a lot of people could conceive of what you're describing.

I'm talking about like, Trump's not corona immune and dies and Pence beats Biden and selects Cotton as his VP or something.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Penisaurus Sex posted:

no 5 is distinct from 3 because I think a lot of people could conceive of what you're describing.

I'm talking about like, Trump's not corona immune and dies and Pence beats Biden and selects Cotton as his VP or something.

Yeah drat. Or how about Biden wins but post election and pre inauguration Biden dies and the Supreme Court rules that the current VP is obviously the proper successor

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/796037882783928321

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

From what I understand it seems Wisconsin is bluer than Pennsylvania, making the 269-269 situation unlikely.

I thought WI would be the state to be most nervous about in the Rust Belt but PA has gotten chudified over last few years

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

No love for this, the best map of all?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

yeah its good lol

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

thanks you saved me a lot of effort

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Penisaurus Sex posted:

you left out supreme court fuckery giving the win to trump which imo is the actual most likely scenario

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

ohio somehow stays red while south carolina, alaska and missouri are closely won by biden

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Turtle Watch posted:

No love for this, the best map of all?

Thank you, I wasn't sure if it was clear enough.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I think if Biden wins a couple of these tossup states he should be g2g. Ohio, PA and NC are always tossups, but Wisconsin is getting pretty chuddy, and Arizona is, you know, Arizona.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

they have a lot of color options with the map creator

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

demostars
Apr 8, 2020

hotlinking smh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Lmao can't believe I got owned by R1CH, a forums goon, all these years later. They even added USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST sa style lmao.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Victory Position posted:

they have a lot of color options with the map creator

you didn't include the totals at the top dummy!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

TrixRabbi posted:

The fact that the electoral college even allows for a tie is absolutely insane.

this is why it must happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
The tie-breaking procedure is too lame though. It really should be decided by coin toss.

mobby_6kl has issued a correction as of 01:31 on Oct 24, 2020