Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

Just being able to run the correct route would be an upgrade for the Ravens

"Detroit, winners of 2 in a row" lol

We have Duvernay and Snead who we already refuse to use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Magicpants posted:

maybe but the fact that he has to begin on the practice squad gives a pretty strong signal

this is the first/only year teams can add longtime veterans to the practice squad, so it's smart not to use a roster spot if you want him to have more than like two practices before he starts.

or if he does suck they can just cut him.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The second Chargers/Chiefs game should hopefully be a good one!

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I’m claiming credit for being the first to post that DiNucci pun in the GDT.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mahomes being that high considering the conditions of the last two games, one driving snow and one pouring rain is pretty cool

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

kiimo posted:

Mahomes being that high considering the conditions of the last two games, one driving snow and one pouring rain is pretty cool

And going 0/8 in Third downs on the last game as well. Must have been near perfect a couple of games back!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Xavien Howard has probably a single season worth of "elite" games all together since 2017, in among a bunch of missed games and games where he's recovering from a knee injury and/or knee surgery.

How much is 3-4 quality games a season worth? How long is his knee going to hold up and allow him to give you those games?

I mean, the Dolphins did give him a 5 year contract with guaranteed money into 2023.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

AndrewP posted:

this is the first/only year teams can add longtime veterans to the practice squad, so it's smart not to use a roster spot if you want him to have more than like two practices before he starts.

or if he does suck they can just cut him.

I don't think it's a bad signing, I just think the best case scenario is that dez ends up being what alshon jeffrey is at this point in his career, a dude who can reliably soak up a bunch of contested catches underneath and not much else

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

Unfortunately, most non-QB players age like bread. Yeah Dez may only be 31, but, hell, just look at AJ Green.
During the XFL's first iteration in 2001, a non-QB player was interviewed mid-game on the sidelines (might have been the season opener). I don't remember why the interviewer said it, but he tells the player "you're only 27". The player responds with "you've never played football for a living, have you".

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Ravens signing Dez feels like the Pats signing Steven Jackson in 2015.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kevino07 posted:

And going 0/8 in Third downs on the last game as well. Must have been near perfect a couple of games back!

yeah he converted like 20 attempts vs the Ravens

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Dez Bryant is going to suck and I'm all for it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

I mean, the Dolphins did give him a 5 year contract with guaranteed money into 2023.

17.5mm cap hit if you trade him makes me think you're not moving him unless you're seeing a 1+3. Miami's love affair with the 2021 and 2022 drafts might prove their undoing, unless they can pull a rabbit out of the hat ala Jackson and Kindley

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mega64 posted:

The second Chargers/Chiefs game should hopefully be a good one!

It will probably be meaningless unfortunately

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I was not ready for the second half of this tweet

https://twitter.com/PolitiFact/status/1321217391611781124?s=19

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
......what

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

oh god no :negative:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

chuds are gonna chud

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Obligatory gently caress Tom Brady

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Codependent Poster posted:

Obligatory gently caress Tom Brady

That's right. Did learn that there's a American Association of Suicidology so that's something.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Hot Diggity! posted:

That's right. Did learn that there's a American Association of Suicidology so that's something.

looked this up and was disappointed to find out that suicidology is the study of suicide prevention, not the study of the best ways to try suicide

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Spoeank posted:

I was not ready for the second half of this tweet

https://twitter.com/PolitiFact/status/1321217391611781124?s=19

He must have been soooooo close to eating a strawberry. A little known fact is that AB is the one who talked him off the ledge

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Which is the better division, AFC North or NFC West?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's just a dumb dude doing a really stupid mental health post

quote:

"More suicide deaths than coronavirus death past two months," Brady had on his Oct. 27 post. "So wash your hands and wear your mask, but don’t forget to be nice to people and yourself."

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Tom Brady posted:

"More suicide deaths than coronavirus death past two months," Brady had on his Oct. 27 post. "So wash your hands and wear your mask, but don’t forget to be nice to people and yourself.

ah poo poo, tom brady just saved my life. I was gonna suicide but then I remembered to be nice to myself

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

by DVOA its the nfc west, all 4 teams are in the top 11.

Think it's really close, but i'd lean NFC west too. I think Steelers and Ravens are better than the Seahawks & Rams, but the browns & bengals are clearly worse than the 49ers and cardinals.

adaz fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 28, 2020

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Where do the '20 Jets rank in worst teams of all time?

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Magicpants posted:

ah poo poo, tom brady just saved my life. I was gonna suicide but then I remembered to be nice to myself

thank god his massive brain led him to this incredible take, he's solved all of my mental health issues with this one

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Where do the '20 Jets rank in worst teams of all time?

At -43.9% they rank 11th. Here is the top 10

e: that 2005 49ers offense was coached by none other than mike mccarthy and had a total of 3587 yard of offense. Their average drive was 4.5 plays and lasted 2 minutes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

adaz fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 28, 2020

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
BS because there are no Browns teams on that list.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

SKULL.GIF posted:

NFC West easily.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

adaz posted:

e: that 2005 49ers offense was coached by none other than mike mccarthy and had a total of 3587 yard of offense. Their average drive was 4.5 plays and lasted 2 minutes.

How were the 2-14 2009 matt Stafford lions worse than the first 0-16 team in the 2008 lions?

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

adaz posted:

wait, mike mccarthy was hired as head coach for the packers immediately after putting out the worst offense of all time :thunk:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Who knew moving Tyson Alualu inside was the key to unlocking a demon. Look at him toss the Titan's center into Tannehill

https://twitter.com/sdextrasmedia/status/1321229793388490752

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

really queer Christmas posted:

How were the 2-14 2009 matt Stafford lions worse than the first 0-16 team in the 2008 lions?

Opponent adjustments. If memory serves the lions played a pretty hard schedule that 0-16 year.

Magicpants posted:

wait, mike mccarthy was hired as head coach for the packers immediately after putting out the worst offense of all time :thunk:

Even at the time everyone was like hrrm. That was alex smith's rookie year if memory serves so I guess he got a pass?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Magicpants posted:

And Matt LaFleur got hired after coordinating the 23rd-ranked 2018 Titans offense (-5.8% DVOA) 🙃

That said I don't think that's actually the worst offense of all time, it just happens to be the worst on that list of 10 worst total DVOA teams. I'm pretty sure there have been some teams with worse than -40.4%; 2018 Arizona had -41.8%.

edit: here we go, the '05 49ers are 4th worst all-time. Arizona 2018, Seattle 1992, and Houston 2002 were worse. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2020/historical-dvoa-estimates-revisited

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

And Matt LaFleur got hired after coordinating the 23rd-ranked 2018 Titans offense (-5.8% DVOA) 🙃

That said I don't think that's actually the worst offense of all time, it just happens to be the worst on that list of 10 worst total DVOA teams. I'm pretty sure there have been some teams with worse than -40.4%; 2018 Arizona had -41.8%.

Yeah the full list of worst/best offense/defense/st/teams is here on football outsiders and doesn't require a subscription. The worst offense is the 2002 expansion texans.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

adaz posted:

If we only consider modern era teams then this year's Jets are in the top 10!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I refuse to believe there was any time worse than the 2009 Rams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401472926312038412/770834425093160990/video0-9.mov