Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

nah if they do overturn roe v wade i’d probably have to leave T*xas (because of all the babies i put in people just by being around them) so it’s actually getting too close for comfort now.

RvW will not be overturned. What you will see is 47/50 states effectively banning abortion and then you'll have to go to CT, NY or CA to get one, which is only available to rich people. And then they'll start enforcing the Mann Act to shut down anybody who's not a billionaire who wants to get their teen daughter an abortion with a quiet private plane flight and two weeks 'covid isolation' recovery time from their private school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

but beep that’s an interesting question to flip.

for people that voted biden, is there any line the democrats couldn’t cross? it honestly seems like no, most of you would vote for literally anyone the democrats put up there

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

also VP nina turner was on the table when bernie was still in play and gently caress you to hell if you couldn't get excited about that.

imagine what a turner/pence vp debate would have looked like. lmao

he'd have to have his wife up on stage with him because turner is a lady

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

RvW will not be overturned. What you will see is 47/50 states effectively banning abortion and then you'll have to go to CT, NY or CA to get one, which is only available to rich people. And then they'll start enforcing the Mann Act to shut down anybody who's not a billionaire who wants to get their teen daughter an abortion with a quiet private plane flight and two weeks 'covid isolation' recovery time from their private school.

we actually just wrote abortion into our state constitution recently so they can't mess with it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fart simpson posted:

for people that voted biden, is there any line the democrats couldn’t cross? it honestly seems like no, most of you would vote for literally anyone the democrats put up there

i'll vote for whoever my main man bernard sanders tells me to vote for.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

:ironicat:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Broken Machine posted:

we actually just wrote abortion into our state constitution recently so they can't mess with it

Federal supremacy

I'm wondering what a balkanized USA looks like when the red states leave and don't have California + New York to subsidize them.

Texas is big but it only goes so far. Same with Florida.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm a good husband.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i'd probably have been decently excited about a liz warren or julian castro. would probably grudgingly vote for amy or beto or butt. they literally went with the worst of all possible options on what should be the second easiest slam-dunk election in my lifetime because he was obamas friend.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

kitten emergency posted:

i'd probably have been decently excited about a liz warren or julian castro. would probably grudgingly vote for amy or beto or butt. they literally went with the worst of all possible options on what should be the second easiest slam-dunk election in my lifetime because he was obamas friend.

Yep same

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i was about to say the dnc went with literally the worst option available but that's only because i forgot bloomberg was running for a minute there

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

kitten emergency posted:

We're seeing the same poo poo that happened with Hillary. Where people keep on claiming that he is owed your vote rather than him supporting policies that earn your vote.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
there's also the longshot marianne vote, and i know everybody laughs, but i would absolutely loving happily give a crystal woo mom a term to see if anybody's brains open up a bit. I know she had problematic takes on aids and other stuff back in the eighties, but so did biden and everybody else. Joe literally wanted to inject black people with a theoretical chemical to make them unable to experience pleasure to try to combat the crack situation.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cascadia must secede now. (and join up with canada -- it would roughly double the population and quadruple the gdp. excellent standard of life for everyone involved).

anyone read ecotopia? they were able to hold onto their sovereignty by seizing nuclear weapons located in washington state naval bases. food for thought

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

i'll vote for whoever my main man bernard sanders tells me to vote for.

so ill mark you down as “will vote for literally any democrat”

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Federal supremacy

I'm wondering what a balkanized USA looks like when the red states leave and don't have California + New York to subsidize them.

Texas is big but it only goes so far. Same with Florida.

Lol can you imagine how long Texas would want to keep subsidizing central america? any three-way division of America would become four-way within a year

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
bernie sold, i dont know why, but he's done. it's so sad

i dont listen to him any more

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

bernie sold, i dont know why, but he's done. it's so sad

i dont listen to him any more

it's simple - he's friends with the bidens and wants a cabinet position. i don't agree with it but it's not difficult to understand

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

there's also the longshot marianne vote, and i know everybody laughs, but i would absolutely loving happily give a crystal woo mom a term to see if anybody's brains open up a bit. I know she had problematic takes on aids and other stuff back in the eighties, but so did biden and everybody else. Joe literally wanted to inject black people with a theoretical chemical to make them unable to experience pleasure to try to combat the crack situation.

yeah i'd have voted for marianne.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

you can say a lot of things about her but she's never been credibly accused of raping someone as far as im aware

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i would have voted for several of the other dem candidates but the party really wanted to rally around the worst one

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
she also has that amazing throwback mid atlantic accent and ngl her speeches would have been fuckin' beautiful. I realize this is 100% aesthetics and 0% substance but, i mean, we're now down to picking which candidate has the less objectionable speech impediment

* as a person who has a stutter so hard that my entire body of knowledge of social interaction is carved around Not Stuttering, joe biden does not have a "stutter". his brain is mashed loving potatoes, that's the problem.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

kitten emergency posted:

yeah i'd have voted for marianne.

if she was the nominee thats not donald trump then sure any warm body not trump

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
fwiw i agree with a lot of you in principle but purity in politics gets you exactly 0% of what you want

i'm genuinely curious, if you live in china why do you still vote or engage in american politics at all?

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

she also has that amazing throwback mid atlantic accent and ngl her speeches would have been fuckin' beautiful. I realize this is 100% aesthetics and 0% substance but, i mean, we're now down to picking which candidate has the less objectionable speech impediment

* as a person who has a stutter so hard that my entire body of knowledge of social interaction is carved around Not Stuttering, joe biden does not have a "stutter". his brain is mashed loving potatoes, that's the problem.

i miss having an articulate president. obama was a disappointment in many ways, but i always enjoyed listening to him speak. it'd be so nice to have a pres who can at least speak in complete sentences, and perhaps occasionally throw in some nice vocab

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Blinkz0rz posted:

i'm genuinely curious, if you live in china why do you still vote or engage in american politics at all?

if anybody's got swing over what happens in the united states of god damned america, it's people living in china

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

if she was the nominee thats not donald trump then sure any warm body not trump

you're voting for joe biden, we already know what your standard is. someone asked earlier and i dont think you responded, is there literally anything that joe biden or the democratic party would do that would make you not vote for joe biden

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yall i just found an entire rear end eighth of weed that i TOTALLY forgot about

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
btw lots of "i didn't get my way so i'll throw my toys out of the pram" energy itt

spend time, money, and energy on getting leftist candidates in front of the electorate rather than complaining that the current slate doesn't represent you. put your ideas out in the political space and fight for them rather than complaining

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

if anybody's got swing over what happens in the united states of god damned america, it's people living in china

a white american nerd living in shenzhen is the last person the chinese government would or should listen to

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Blinkz0rz posted:

btw lots of "i didn't get my way so i'll throw my toys out of the pram" energy itt

the vast bulk of the sanders platform was literally nothing more than universal healthcare plz. thats it. thats all people really wanted out of him. so congrats on wanting people to continue Loving Shopping For The Best Deal On Health Insurance

we weren't expecting to frag out Shell Oil or Facebook or federally mandate funding for transition surgeries or prepay black lung miner benefits. all people wanted was single payer UHC. That's it. That's loving it.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Broken Machine posted:

it's simple - he's friends with the bidens and wants a cabinet position. i don't agree with it but it's not difficult to understand

I think he'd rather stay in the senate and keep his sweet sweet committee positions than wind up in a cabinet position can be ignored on a whim.

Bernie's definitely friends with Biden though and I think that plays into the endorsement. People in the senate not named Cruz really do get along with each other a lot. Hell, Bernie was friends with McCain for god's sake.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Blinkz0rz posted:

fwiw i agree with a lot of you in principle but purity in politics gets you exactly 0% of what you want

im still american, this is a weird question imo

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Blinkz0rz posted:

spend time, money, and energy on getting leftist candidates in front of the electorate rather than complaining that the current slate doesn't represent you. put your ideas out in the political space and fight for them rather than complaining

weird, i did all of that and then the democratic establishment coordinated a ratfucking of my guy after he swept the first four states.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

so here's the thing. you don't have any skin in the game here so it's easy for you to imagine how it will play out in a way that's acceptable to you

now ask women whether gorsuch, kavanaugh, or barrett's appointments are important to them

it's pretty lovely to play the purity game while at the same time hanging people who you consider yourself an ally to out to dry

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

fart simpson posted:

hmm. yeah, that’s interesting to think about. yeah, i suppose there’d be some point at which I wouldn’t vote for a dem nominee in a swing state situation. dunno where that line is but sure.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

this may come as a shock to you but there's plenty of women, minorities, and other not white dudes that will also not be voting for joe biden.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's interesting that the Tea Party movement was able to push the republican party even further into chuddery by credibly threatening to not vote for any at-the-time mainstream candidate.

But the moment anyone suggests moving the democratic party left, a bunch of center-right liberals crawl out to tell you that now is not the time.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you ever drove yourself to the emergency room with no detectable pulse and checked yourself in and died for 7 minutes while they shocked your heart back into rhythm, and despite the best purchasable health insurance in the land, still got a $23,000 bill in the mail? Just wondering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Fortaleza posted:

I think he'd rather stay in the senate and keep his sweet sweet committee positions than wind up in a cabinet position can be ignored on a whim.

Bernie's definitely friends with Biden though and I think that plays into the endorsement. People in the senate not named Cruz really do get along with each other a lot. Hell, Bernie was friends with McCain for god's sake.

it was in the news that he's interested in sec of state