Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

pro snipe :bsdsnype:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Kazinsal posted:

gently caress off back behind the great firewall

i will never feel shame for refusing to vote for joe biden. keep getting mad at me though, i don’t care

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Kazinsal posted:

gently caress you. I live in the reality where I am likely to be marched off to the gas chambers for being The Other. you #nojoe'd for masturbatory self-righteousness.

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kazinsal posted:

gently caress you. I live in the reality where I am likely to be marched off to the gas chambers for being The Other. you #nojoe'd for masturbatory self-righteousness.

are you willing to take a bullet for your disadvantaged comrades or are you going to be posting about how bernie would have won when people like me are dissipating into the atmosphere through the flues of the ovens

“bernie would have won” is not about whether i personally would have voted for him, it was always an observation and warning.

there’s other people that i think would have won that i don’t like and wouldn’t have voted for

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

are you willing to take a bullet for your disadvantaged comrades or are you going to be posting about how bernie would have won when people like me are dissipating into the atmosphere through the flues of the ovens

lol i'm near "taking a bulllet" you ungrateful gently caress but keep punching left, i'm sure it'll get you more allies

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Oneiros posted:

lol i'm near "taking a bulllet" you ungrateful gently caress but keep punching left, i'm sure it'll get you more allies

keep being priapic for the deaths of minorities and maybe you'll get daddy trump to appreciate you

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it’s hard to believe that a convicted felon would get so many votes, and another convicted felon would get so few.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

joe biden sexually assaulted tara reade and said if you believe her not to vote for him. so i didn't. if you're mad blame the candidate you voted for that i listened to

https://time.com/5837282/joe-biden-tara-reade-dont-vote-for-me/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

where's the buble thread??

best part of this one is it includes a line that says it can only be modified or removed by a seven-eighths vote lmao. 50% to get it passed, 88% to boot it out.

i'm pretty sure that's blatantly unconstitutional but nobody gives a poo poo lol

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

keep being priapic for the deaths of minorities and maybe you'll get daddy trump to appreciate you

i already get terrible heartburn when i sleep on my right side so kindly go gently caress yourself you colossal piece of poo poo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

best part of this one is it includes a line that says it can only be modified or removed by a seven-eighths vote lmao. 50% to get it passed, 88% to boot it out.

i'm pretty sure that's blatantly unconstitutional but nobody gives a poo poo lol

it’s in the constitution now, it’s constitutional by definition

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The law literally doesn't matter if they can get a majority of the legislative or judicial body to say it doesn't.

ACB got pushed out of committee without a quorum or a vote to change quorum rules.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yes it was definitely the 289k voters for Howie and the uh probably <50k voters for Gloria that hosed Biden

jo probably got most of her votes from conservative nevertrump’ers but yes let’s all keep punching left

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

in michigan howie has 8286 votes while biden is trailing by 300k votes.

granted wayne county will probably pile 350-550k more biden votes depending on voter turnout, 513k assuming 50% voter turnout

maine has 6488 howie voters and is pretty safely biden's.

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 4, 2020

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Cicero was a defining figure in the last days of the Roman Republic, the elder statesman with a distinguished career who took a stand for the principles of the state against the populist demagogues that wanted to seize power for themselves.

He was stabbed in the back by his ostensible allies' incompetence and greed, and was ultimately unable to avert Mark Antony's rise to power. He was then more literally stabbed in the front in the purges that followed.

Just an interesting historical parallel for everyone to mull over.

Apr 7, 2003

Welcome to hellworld, baby, a plurality of Americans just said it's fine if they die, as long as you die too.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Welcome to hellworld, baby, a plurality of Americans just said it's fine if they die, as long as you die too.

Just as I predicted the entire election came down to you personally not voting.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Major EPIC win tonight for all californians today.

prop 15 gone down in flames: corporate land owners preserving their god-ordained 1960s tax rate of $1 a year. they worked hard for those locked in tax rates. disney would have to RAISE ticket prices if they had to pay their real value! NO GOOD!

prop 17 flaming out: good gently caress zoomers. 17 years SHOULD NOT VOTE. infact we should remove voting rights for anyone under 65, they clearly dont know whats good for them

prop 19 passing: big win for all hard working baby bombers protecting their tax value to move anywhere they want! and real estate agents earning a fat commision that they worked hard for

prop 21 gone down in flames: landlords defeated evil rent controls trying to take away their hard earned money! rents are greedy parasites anyways good gently caress em

prop 23 going down like the Hindenburg: devita dialysis corporate preserving their shareholder profit dividend payouts. regulations BAD for consumer, bad for profit! very good win here!

prop 25 gone down in flames: bad no good legislature tried to abolish cash bail, smarmy gavin even signed it into law, but we said NO! bail bonds industry preserving cash bail for another decade and keeping those evil dirty urban feral criminals locked off and out of the suburbs. if they didnt want to pay bail they shouldnt have done a crime! SAFE STREETS NOW

Very good result all around, we did it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

oh great, i'm so principled i voted for gloria or howie, enjoy another 4 years of trumpfest. assholes.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Roosevelt posted:

oh great, i'm so principled i voted for gloria or howie, enjoy another 4 years of trumpfest. assholes.

keep punching left. im sure mitt romney (d) will win in 2024 or whatever if you vote shame hard enough

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

any dickhead who voted not biden because "he's bad" isn't looking at the incumbent. sorry if you felt like it was putting your nose in poo poo, but guess what, you're going shoulder deep in poo poo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

fart simpson posted:

keep punching left. im sure mitt romney (d) will win in 2024 or whatever if you vote shame hard enough

gently caress you go to hell

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Roosevelt posted:

any dickhead who voted not biden because "he's bad" isn't looking at the incumbent. sorry if you felt like it was putting your nose in poo poo, but guess what, you're going shoulder deep in poo poo

how big a problem do you think this was for your guy?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

a crap poo poo sandwich or a delicious poo poo sandwich

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

fart simpson posted:

how big a problem do you think this was for your guy?

you live in hong kong i don't even want to hear it

Apr 7, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

Biden is functionally no different than the incumbent.

Go look at some Democratic platforms from the 1970s.

The problem is the Democrats losing over and over and nominating increasingly rightward candidates because the leadership are fossils who are still traumatized by Reaganism.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Roosevelt posted:

you live in hong kong i don't even want to hear it

too bad, i'm still gonna post about it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Roosevelt posted:

lmao are we already at the stage where libs refuse to look internally and start looking externally yelling at minorities for not voting hard enough and yelling at a couple thousands voters in california/colorado/ny/oregon/washington about not voting for a rapist??? btw libs are already blaming latinos and yelling at latinos for being bad people right now. fuckin' gross

yes please keep on trying to shame a couple thousand california and colorado people instead of looking at a guy whose brain is mush and has told voters not to vote for him if they want to close down concentration camps, or not ot vote for him if they want healthcare, or not to vote for him if they believe women. literally said those things, multiple times. and at any single point in his campaign he could have done literally just ONE (1) of the following and easily won

- promised LEGALIZE WEED DUDE (literally the loving safest thing to campaign on given over half the states have already legallized it and no one gives a poo poo about opposing it)
- promised to extend covid and unemployment payouts
- promised to give healthcare pls
- promised to forgive student loans
- promised to not bomb or lock-up brown people in camps
- selected any non-poo poo vp like sanders or nina turner or literally anyone else besides a cop during anti-cop movements

like literarily just one, he couldn't even do that. loving going "yes im going to legalize weed" would have handed him a landslide even while doing nothing else whatsoever and campaigning on conservative ideology for everything else.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Nov 4, 2020

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

The problem is the Democrats losing over and over and nominating increasingly rightward candidates because the leadership are fossils who are still traumatized by Reaganism.

start a new party.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

love to be shamed into voting like the 16k people in my state who voted 3rd party leftists mattered

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

america loves spiteful fascists and it's not a close margin

Apr 7, 2003

I don't even know what I'm going to feel good about in the near future, there's absolutely zero hope of a coronavirus relief bill or reasonable disease control measures. Obergefell and the ACA will be dead soon. Roe v Wade may potentially be struck down after a hearing a week from now.

I'm doing well personally, economically, and it's meaningless because everyone I care about is going to be hurt and my wife's family are all going to be gloating loving goblins laughing at me and my wife for caring about other people.

I just want out.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Roosevelt posted:

you really think the tiny handful of ppl that voted 3rd party is why the dems are losing elections?

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Not voting for Biden was the morally correct thing to do. Don’t endorse and reward warmongering rapists with your vote, it’s disgusting.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

I don't even know what I'm going to feel good about in the near future
the ACA will be dead soon

you just found one!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I don't even know what I'm going to feel good about in the near future, there's absolutely zero hope of a coronavirus relief bill or reasonable disease control measures. Obergefell and the ACA will be dead soon. Roe v Wade may potentially be struck down after a hearing a week from now.

I'm doing well personally, economically, and it's meaningless because everyone I care about is going to be hurt and my wife's family are all going to be gloating loving goblins laughing at me and my wife for caring about other people.

I just want out.

i would like to have the option of moving back to america at some point, but lol at that thought

Apr 7, 2003

Xaris posted:

lmao are we already at the stage where libs refuse to look internally and start looking externally yelling at minorities for not voting hard enough and yelling at a couple thousands voters in california/colorado/ny/oregon/washington about not voting for a rapist??? btw libs are already blaming latinos and yelling at latinos for being bad people right now. fuckin' gross

yes please keep on trying to shame a couple thousand california and colorado people instead of looking at a guy whose brain is mush and has told voters not to vote for him if they want to close down concentration camps, or not ot vote for him if they want healthcare, or not to vote for him if they believe women. literally said those things, multiple times. and at any single point in his campaign he could have done literally just ONE (1) of the following and easily won

- promised LEGALIZE WEED DUDE (literally the loving safest thing to campaign on given over half the states have already legallized it and no one gives a poo poo about opposing it)
- promised to extend covid and unemployment payouts
- promised to give healthcare pls
- promised to forgive student loans
- promised to not bomb brown people
- selected any non-poo poo vp like sanders or nina turner or literally anyone else besides a cop during anti-cop movements

like literarily just one, he couldn't even do that. loving going "yes im going to legalize weed" would have handed him a landslide even while doing nothing else whatsoever and campaigning on conservative ideology for everything else.

The DNC struck down M4A and legal weed by overwhelming margins as part of their platform at the start of their convention. Those are the most popular policies in America and both of them poll 50%+ with republicans. They didn't want to win.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

DNC leadership wants right-wing shitstains elected. Because they're right-wing shitstains themselves, like every liberal party everywhere in the world. Whether it's their right-wing shitstain or the other party's right-wing shitstain doesn't actually matter as much as making sure that it's a right-wing shitstain of some description.

If trump ends up lining them up against the wall then the appropriate response is "good riddance".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i think biden is a piece of poo poo

but i want trump out out out. i want him to be prosecuted and stripped of his federal protections. i'm running on a platform of hate right now