Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

One: That is massive fraud and seems pretty solid grounds for calling for a special election

Two: lolol we should start doing the same thing to Republicans

Three: Another example of " Anytime Republicans accuse others of something, 10000% they are doing it themselves"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Something like that. Three people in Washington changed their vote from Hillary to Colin Powell. Possibly as a joke?

I think that was a desperate, last-ditch attempt to tempt the electors for the red team to go faithless themselves, and vote for a sane Republican instead of Donald Trump. In effect, they were saying "See? You don't have to cast your electoral vote for Trump, we'll even go in with you on one from your own team. Just not Trump, please. For the good of the country, keep Trump out of the White House." They got no takers.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Pick posted:

Sweet Biden

Good times never seemed so good

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Hypothesis: America dumb
Evidence: Trump
Conclusion: QED

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
My mom informed me today that she "started watching this other new network instead of Fox" and before she said the name I could feel the chill in my spine.

"It's on like channel 270 and it's called Newsmax!"

This was of course after complaining about how nice Democrats should be to Trump supporters now because of "how much poo poo they gave him for 4 years" while simultaneously denying that Republicans complained as much if not more during 8 entire years of Obama.
"Has any Democrat been called an illegitimate president?"
"Mom, they were saying Obama wasn't even a legitimate American because of the birther poo poo that TRUMP STARTED!"

The only way I can tolerate her now is to shift from anger at her awful views to just pity. Her brain has literally been poisoned and it's only going to get worse as she flees to a station that's even further removed from reality.

Lol!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Grimdude posted:

My mom informed me today that she "started watching this other new network instead of Fox" and before she said the name I could feel the chill in my spine.

This was of course after complaining about how nice Democrats should be to Trump supporters now because of "how much poo poo they gave him for 4 years" while simultaneously denying that Republicans didn't complain as much during 8 entire years of Obama.
"Mom, they were saying Obama wasn't even a legitimate American because of the birther poo poo that TRUMP STARTED!"

The only way I can tolerate her now is to shift from anger at her awful views to just pity. Her brain has literally been poisoned and it's only going to get worse as she flees to a station that's even further removed from reality.

Lol!

Can you enable the parental controls on the TV and just block the channel, apparently that is q effective against olds

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Johnny Aztec posted:

Two: lolol we should start doing the same thing to Republicans

Love to see the Green Party and Libertarian Party just completely overtaken by the GOP and Dems respectively, solely for the purpose of siphoning votes from their opponents.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Hobo Clown posted:

I do remember the faint hope of this happening in 2016, that enough of these electors would see the popular vote disparity and cast their own vote accordingly. I don't think anyone was really counting on it, but it was a thing being talked about.

Yeah that was the last hope, that enough would change their vote and throw it to congress.

I looked it up, in PA, the electors are actually selected by the presidential nominee of each party, so I doubt those folks are going to change their votes.

I do wonder what happens when the president starts tweeting, "DO SOMETHING" at electors by name/address.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Gutter Phoenix posted:

LOL!!!!!

Good luck spending that $4,000,000,000 from the grave you inhuman ghouls!

Not sure if they expect to actually make up $62 million in lower wages and fewer regulations, they're spending that money on principle, or they legitimately believe private businesses are at immediate risk of being nationalized.

The first option seems the most sane if not the least reprehensible. But unless they were throwing money at a longshot return to Victorian era child labour no idea how they could make that money back for themselves.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Convex posted:

Can you enable the parental controls on the TV and just block the channel, apparently that is q effective against olds

I wish she was old enough for her ideas to be somewhat excusable.

Her and her husband literally just turned 50.

Taotipper
Nov 8, 2020

lol

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
My mom is a 70 year old swedish woman who wishes trump died of Covid.

I love my mom :unsmith:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gejnor posted:

Every time one of the trumpsters gets covid my mom calls me and goes "YESSSSSSS"

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

not looking forward to if (when) trump jr. runs for pres
it'll bring all the chuds out in full force and everyone else will forget/not care enough to vote against him
and then 4 years of Trump but more toxic and psycopathic

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Gejnor posted:

My mother is 74. When Trump was scheduled to fly in within driving distance of her little hometown in Wisconsin, she asked me if there was any chance I could ship her my "Push Trump Off A Cliff" redhat in time for her to show up at the rally with it on to protest against him. She has been laughing about the big baby being unable to accept legit election results in recent days. My mom is awesome.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Grimdude posted:

I wish she was old enough for her ideas to be somewhat excusable.

Her and her husband literally just turned 50.

:stare:

:smith:

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Pick posted:

Sweet Biden

Doin a voter fraud so I can eat butterscotch candies with granpa joe and run my fingers through his leg hairs

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1326939347938013186

If Four Seasons Total Landscaping turned out to be a superspreader event, I fear the universe may collapse in on itself from the sheer volume of lols

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1327012242123071491?s=21

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

wuffles posted:

Doin a voter fraud so I can eat butterscotch candies with granpa joe and run my fingers through his leg hairs

you are getting dangerously close to Horny For Biden which is expressly forbidden

The Postman
May 12, 2007

smoobles posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1326939347938013186

If Four Seasons Total Landscaping turned out to be a superspreader event, I fear the universe may collapse in on itself from the sheer volume of lols

LOL

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

What's the historical point of electors anyway? Was that just a way to have states report votes at the capitol in a world where that news took two weeks to get across the country? "Hey Walter, go ride to the capitol and tell them Florida voted for Pete."

It seems like such a ridiculous mechanism.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Dont listen to him be horny for Biden I will protect you

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Isn't it him or pelosi by default?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Grimdude posted:

This was of course after complaining about how nice Democrats should be to Trump supporters now because of "how much poo poo they gave him for 4 years" while simultaneously denying that Republicans complained as much if not more during 8 entire years of Obama.

Lol!

buy her a forums account for christmas

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Dont listen to him be horny for Biden I will protect you

this is one of the iron rules HGB. no horny for Biden OR ELSE

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

InternetJunky posted:

What's the historical point of electors anyway? Was that just a way to have states report votes at the capitol in a world where that news took two weeks to get across the country? "Hey Walter, go ride to the capitol and tell them Florida voted for Pete."

The historical point is to let rich people step in and make sure the right person becomes president in the event that the commoners elect the wrong guy.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Yep. The GOP is going to pull out all the stops to make sure democracy doesn't get a foothold in Georgia. It will be ugly.

Sadly I don't think Ossoff has a shot at winning, but I hope poo poo like this makes people even more infuriated enough to go out and vote and get that prick Purdue out of office.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

TheAardvark posted:

What if I’m Jill Biden?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

TheAardvark posted:

Think of all the people who died for our freedom to be horny about robinette

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Frank Frank posted:

Start a facebook group calling for the beheading of Zuckerfuck and see how long that takes you to get banned.

Hey I want to share a t-shirt I made. Hold on.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

InternetJunky posted:

Historically I think it was because of limitations in the process. Yes, I do think it had some cynical benefits, but I do think part of it was just logistics.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

InternetJunky posted:

it's to keep any semblance of power out of the hands of poors and non-whites, op

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

wuffles posted:

Those vans were too small for snacks. Thought you were too clever, huh libs?

these are snacks for my family

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Here we go:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Trump's entire master strategy, right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8qcccZy03s

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Is the judge basically saying "Well trump's tweets ARE a bunch of lies, so case thrown out"?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
chuds have twigged onto the awesome power of "no u!!" and every comment section is "boy is he crazy/stupid/fascist" with "yes biden is hahahaha!!!" immediately after.
it doesn't get extremely old extremely fast or anything.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Was waiting for the GoP election fraud to start turning up, eagerly waiting now for trumps calls for investigation to turn up more of their own fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I didn't realize quite how much of a fuckup/fucker McCain was until the Dollop did an episode, it's a good listen

https://art19.com/shows/the-dollop/episodes/bdfa8f84-34cb-4a8c-84c8-c139c071d34c

The Dollop is a podcast for dummies, why would you link that.