Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

My Lisa is max level for my AR alongside my Xiangling (both 60). I've also got her talents maxed. I feel like long-term we're going to figure out that elemental mastery is a noob trap and reactions are mostly about setting up CC for your physical carries

On the contrary, levels have an effect on damage dealt by attacks, and when you're going up against level 90-100 enemies, being able to do 8k damage for free by dropping Gyouba or Oz while going back to attack with a Keqing/Diluc/Bennet/Klee is massive. With your specific comp, Overload isn't very valuable, but you need superconduct in order to make Xiangling competitive at all. Your issue is that Lisa is just not a very good character, especially for reaction support.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Sarsapariller posted:

That's been my interpretation but it's weird. I use Qiqi with Atk stats because they boost her healing, Lisa with EM, and Xiangling with physical dps stats. My go-to is to pop Qiqi's cold, swap to Lisa and drop a superconduct, then go to Xiangling to start racking up damage. When I need to break a shield or blow up a group I'll drop her fire bear and swap to Lisa to apply Overload.

All of this seems like it should work really well and it leaves me room for a fourth party member to swap around, but in practice I feel like Lisa's reactions do basically nothing in comparison to Xiangling's physical damage. It feels like smacking dudes with a wet noodle. I wish I could find a youtuber who had done some investment and wanted to compare different stat weights on the caster characters.

Are you sure you're triggering the overloads with Lisa? Guoba needs to apply pyro first, then Lisa, otherwise it'll use Xiangling's EM.

But yeah, Lisa's not very good.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Childe was already pretty cool before this patch but the main story and his character story really endeared him to me way more. What a lovable and concerning borderline psychopath.

One of my big pet peeves is when writers use children to justify utterly ridiculous and irrational characters, instead of actually child-like characters. In conclusion, I hated the story and I hope his dipshit brother never comes back.

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 13, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ashenai posted:

Yeah Crystal Butterflies. You mostly see them at night, there's always 4-5 around the big tree in Windrise.

There are also several in front of the geo artifact dungeon.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Jinnigan posted:

One of my big pet peeves is when writers use children to justify utterly ridiculous and irrational characters, instead of actually child-like characters. In conclusion, I hated the story and I hope his dipshit brother never comes back.

I don't think it justifies anything that Childe is doing at all. He even breaks his mask a bit and admits that he knows full well he's doing terrible poo poo working for the Tsaritza and that's why he wants to keep Teucer out of the loop as much as possible. His extreme battle lust is never presented as a good trait either. His relationship with his brother doesn't magically make him a good person and excuse all his other bullshit. I think it brings a nice depth but that's just me. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I thought it was nice to get some more background on Snezhnaya and Childe himself, but the game already has way too many cutesy child characters just among the main cast for me to stomach yet another whimsical child character as the entire focal point of the quest.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Teucer's not even particularly obnoxious, he's just written as a pretty normal kid whose excitable but also has basic manners. I actually appreciated the restraint there and his family being super normal makes a good contrast to Childe himself being a total freak

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

There are also several in front of the geo artifact dungeon.

The geo crystal flies also drop them.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

UltraRed posted:

I find the electric element to be kinda the most disappointing. I loved Lisa's charcter design but other than water slimes, she just isn't that effective. I thought Beidou would be an improvement, but I'm not sure if I'm using her correctly

That's why you combine with other elements to create other effects like overload of superconduct.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
The english voice-acting really is pretty great, but I wish I could keep the Chinese bark-lines because "Barabara souya!!!" and whatever Amber says that sounds like 'yakisoba' are both so dang cute :3:

edit: Also Lisa's voice actor makes everything sound WAY hornier than the subtitles suggested, lmao. I thought she was just being ironically/playfully flirty but the english intonation and stress tells a very different story.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Finally got a 5* gacha weapon, and it's this fuckin thing:

I thought it might be fun on Noelle since she's always starved for Energy, but the procs only scale with Physical Damage so they don't work with her ult.

Is this thing good on anyone? Chongyun maybe?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Corla Plankun posted:

The english voice-acting really is pretty great, but I wish I could keep the Chinese bark-lines because "Barabara souya!!!" and whatever Amber says that sounds like 'yakisoba' are both so dang cute :3:

edit: Also Lisa's voice actor makes everything sound WAY hornier than the subtitles suggested, lmao. I thought she was just being ironically/playfully flirty but the english intonation and stress tells a very different story.

My wife dragged me back into World of Warcraft last night and after weeks of listening EN dubs in GI, I was astonished at how bad every character in WoW sounded in comparison. Every hero, villain, and monster sounds like they hired a Randy Savage impersonator and had him shout all of his lines with a mouthful of peanut butter. No inflection, no delivery, just "HURRR FOOLISH HERO YOUR QUEST ENDS HERE DURF HURG" delivered at 200 decibels, 5 times a minute. Just unbelievably bad. Really made me appreciate both the delivery and the quality of translation that GI has shown so far.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

berenzen posted:

Wait, are people not using elemental sight to look for chests and breakable rockwalls? No wonder people are missing shittons of chests.

gandlethorpe posted:

Elemental sight is also good for checking if a Ruin Guard will activate or an NPC/object can be interacted with.

Definitely agree, Elemental Sight has made me dramatically more effective at finding useful resources. I use it for chests, breakable rocks, finding lamp grass or wolfhook berries, and even just diagnosing whether a sleeping hilichurl is likely to drop arrowheads or not.

As far as Childe is concerned, I am pretty happy just keeping him as a level 20 stat backpack for now. His damage-boosting Talent has made a surprising amount of difference for my Keqing DPS, and he also gives me that double-water boost to Barbara's healing. With the black sword healing on crits, it feels like I'm practically invincible against anything but a mob of ruin guards.

Of course, I haven't touched the new story yet... quite possible the boss there can mess me up without a shield.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Someone explain this web event that just started because none of it makes any sense. What am I suppose to do?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

I thought it might be fun on Noelle since she's always starved for Energy, but the procs only scale with Physical Damage so they don't work with her ult.

Probably not optimal compared to an ATK/CRIT-statted claymore, but I think it'd be decent enough on Chong. His burst charges quickly already, but this would pretty much guarantee he can keep the passive up constantly.

Maybe Razor? Although his burst has a 20s cooldown, and he'll burn through the 8 hits quickly. He should get extra value from them though, since he gets bonus physical DMG.

Sadly, I think the current claymore roster just isn't made for this weapon. Xinyan might change that, since leaks seem to indicate that she benefits from both of pyro and physical damage.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Someone explain this web event that just started because none of it makes any sense. What am I suppose to do?

Basically an idler type game. Like in-game expeditions, but quicker. Earn credits and gain primo/mora.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
Wow they really cut down inventory space this patch... from 30k, to around 2k for everything combined/weapons except artifacts that only gets 1k ..
I guess you can get your inventory space back later for $$$

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Descar posted:

Wow they really cut down inventory space this patch... from 30k, to around 2k for everything combined/weapons except artifacts that only gets 1k ..
I guess you can get your inventory space back later for $$$

It changed to 2000 slots, so you can basically carry infinite stuff now.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, stacks only count as one inventory slot. No more worrying about grabbing too much mint!

Honestly, with how generous they are with inventory space, why even bother having a limit? Not that I'm complaining.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

That weapon is amazing. Chongyun is a great choice because his ult is only 40 energy so you can get huge uptime on the busted passive. If I had one of those I would swap who my carry was immediately.

That weapon is also generally known as BIS for Diluc for the same reason.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 13, 2020

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
:aaa: Guess I'm back to picking up all the sweet flowers and mints!

For the OP, here's a good, no-nonsense (if not a bit dry) guide to early game gearing and what to prioritize: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDD9MSoAxEQ

He's one of the less 'high-profile' Youtubers that actually isn't obnoxious and has good info. His solo AR45 artifact dungeons guide is pretty useful and I actually learned some things too (unlike most video 'guides' which end up being very basic stuff): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0IWHxyICw0

Judging how he was live-translating CN Arknights streams, he seems in-tune with the CN info/meta, too, which can be useful additional sources of info to tap into.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I wish they gave us the ability to crunch weapons and artifacts into xp crystals to help with the inventory management. As someone who has not yet gotten to AR45 and hasn't done a lot of artifact farming so I don't have much to dump xp into, I am constantly full of artifacts.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
So.... it ain't worth grinding for Noblesse artifacts until I hit AR45, is it. 5 runs and only one Noblesse piece.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Basically, yes. The only artifact domains really worth running pre-45 are the ones where the setpieces are worth more than the stats on the gear. Those are Viridescent Venerer and Archaic Petra. The rest you just don't really bother with, slapdash the best statted gear for the character and call it a day.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Framboise posted:

So.... it ain't worth grinding for Noblesse artifacts until I hit AR45, is it. 5 runs and only one Noblesse piece.

At AR45 it's 100% for a 5* artifact. At AR40-44 it's somewhere around1/3.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Yeah, stacks only count as one inventory slot. No more worrying about grabbing too much mint!

Honestly, with how generous they are with inventory space, why even bother having a limit? Not that I'm complaining.

oh thank god for this, I had to do a bunch of alchemy last week because I was bumping up against 28K items

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

as someone who farmed Noblesse post-40, can confirm it's pretty bad. the timepieces especially were rare for me so on top of garbo stats elsewhere i didn't complete a 4pc set worth running.

also my plume rolled into the def% on every raise so i have something idiotic like a 26% def feather with atk% and recharge

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait to hit AR45 and unleash my 40+ fragile resin :|

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Framboise posted:

If you already have a usable artifact set then don't bother until AR45. If you have really bad items that you could do well to replace with 4* gear then it's not a terrible idea, especially if you also need fodder to use for leveling other artifacts.

I don't really get the "don't farm until AR45" messages.... yeah you get better rewards at higher levels, but you get better EVERYTHING at higher levels, and it's not like you can save your resin for the next rank-up anyway.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The reason is because the jump in rewards between 40 and 45 for artifacts is massive. You get more shots at the set you actually want and three times as many 5*s (which, long-term, will be all you care about). This means that one AR45 run is worth something like 1.5 AR40 runs in extremely rough terms (or even more in the ultra long term where all that matters is getting to see more golds).

By comparison, every other reward scales by 20% or less between AR40 and AR45 and weapon mats don't scale at all after AR40. So you're better off doing the things that scale less now and the things that scale more later.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Cool beans. I'll just focus on getting mats for my new characters and exp books and talent books for a couple more AR before I grind artifacts.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

I'm about 1000 exp away from 45 and I've got something like 60 resin items. Probably going to be farming a whole lot of artifacts this weekend!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

That weapon is also generally known as BIS for Diluc for the same reason.

Against Wolf's Gravestone and its baseline +65.3% ATK at lvl 80? I don't know about that. I'm sure it's favorable to Aminus, but Gravestone is just nuts.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

gandlethorpe posted:

You definitely want to run ATK on your main DPS, who should be Chongyun (best popsicle boi). EM is nice to have, but not at the expense of ATK. The best way to make use of EM on a carry is to have supports grant it to the party via Instructor artifacts and/or have Sucrose. I use both and hit around 300 EM on my Chongyun. :cool: Instructor is still very potent on its own and will make melts do about +20% damage. Note that Instructor's description is mistranslated, and the 120 EM is shared when the equipped character triggers a reaction.

I don't really recommend running Amber just to get the pyro resonance, though. You're limiting yourself too much on reactions that way. I'm not sure what level you are, but it sounds like at least 60 judging by what you said about Chongyun's field. At that level, I think you should have access to the Viridescent Venerer set dropped in the Valley of Remembrance domain. It makes anemo characters ridiculously good at supporting DPSers that mainly do one type of elemental damage. It's particularly amazing on Venti and Sucrose, but anemo Traveler can make good use of it too.

Finally, pray to get Xingqiu because Chongyun/Xingqiu are an unstoppable powercouple.

Thanks, this helps a lot - didn't consider using instructor! Characters are just 40 atm, adventure level 25. I suppose I could switch Amber for something (electric? I have Fisch), but the +25% ATK from resonance sounds like a lot. Does it not add up to that much in practice?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah, getting from AR40-45 seems like it would take a really long time and tbh I can't imagine playing without a decent 4* artifact set which I definitly would not have just from world bosses. I'm fairly certain exactly which sets you get from a dungeon is random, but I've gotten plenty of Nobelesse drops at AR 40.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So is there any reason to do the level 3 Talent book domain instead of level 2? Level 2 is way easier and they seem to drop the same rewards.

Does level 3 change the rewards at all?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

You get more blue books instead of green books. If you're looking to go from Talent 2 to Talent 6, you want to do the level 3 domains. You get effectively 2.6 blue books per level 3 domain, you get 1.6-2 books per level 2 domain. Talents 7 through 12 ideally want the AR45 ones.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

berenzen posted:

You get more blue books instead of green books. If you're looking to go from Talent 4 to Talent 6, you want to do the level 3 domains. You get effectively 2.6 blue books per level 3 domain, you get 1.6-2 books per level 2 domain.

Gotcha, thanks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Xaerael posted:

Current box!

...how much did you spend?

(I want your Keqing so badly)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Dropbear posted:

Thanks, this helps a lot - didn't consider using instructor! Characters are just 40 atm, adventure level 25. I suppose I could switch Amber for something (electric? I have Fisch), but the +25% ATK from resonance sounds like a lot. Does it not add up to that much in practice?

Ah, then you don't have it yet. At AR30, it'll start dropping that set.

+25% ATK is considerable, but it doesn't translate to 25% more damage unless you have no other +ATK% (from your weapon or artifacts). This is because ATK% is based on only your base ATK stat, which comes from your character and weapon. Flat ATK from your artifacts don't factor in. Pyro resonance is good, but it might not be worth spending a slot on Amber and limiting your access to two elements.

On the other hand, your only free options for other elements are Barbara and Lisa, who may not add much either. Barbara can give you freeze, but the heal will be overkill with Qiqi. Lisa gives you overload, which is good, but superconduct doesn't synergize well with Chongyun. Their main benefit would be allowing you to counter certain elemental mobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015
Anyone else having pyro slimes despawn in the talent dungeon?
I had to run twice as many domains today because that kept locking me out.