Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Considering how weird the game can be with the menu wheel and textures properly loading in and them constantly throwing Primogems at us while fixing servers and updating things, I'm not 100% sure if it's intentional but I think they said 'gently caress it' and are letting us use all of our characters in party configs even if we've got them out on Expeditions.

If it's intentional, this loving rules, it's all benefit and no downside now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah that was intentional

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Albedo being a handsome anime lad is... well its not surprising given the nature of the game, but everything referencing him makes him seem like a grandpa scientist.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
It's intentional.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Any recommends for what to focus on to drag this group of shitters through Abyss 10? Don't have any non-generic artifacts so I need to decide what/who to focus on. Floor 10 is heavily Fire resistant and has no bonus to much of anything so Klee being my primary is a bit of a catastrophe. Noelle and Jean are my other built up DPS options, with Jean slightly behind. I can manage the first two rooms but 3 is a complete disaster. Both A and B sides are fierce as gently caress

My thoughts is getting Sucrose to 60 and some of that Anemo set would be the strongest power up.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
The real infuriating thing about Oceanid is those stupid crabs that will hit you multiple times without fail and no one can track fast enough to attack them safely.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kater posted:

Any recommends for what to focus on to drag this group of shitters through Abyss 10?

can you do something creative with xingqiu and chongy? i feel like you have staggeringly few units who are 70+ even though you've unlocked ascension 5. you may just have to grind artifacts and exp books

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I'm trying to hold out going ham on artifacts until I get some actual decent ones, because almost all of my legendary ones have been pretty trash. It's the thing holding up my spiral runs :(

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

Eh?? Talents/constellations are listed on the character page

I dunno what the heck, I looked at multiple pages and it wasn't loading. It's there now though.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
gently caress oceanid, jesus christ

I got it to half health and the drat birds popped out, between that and the instakill move I ate three deaths and the only ranged character I have that isn't Amber is the L40 Childe I'm running this WL3 boss specifically to ascend so he does poo poo all for damage and gets stunlocked while trying to aim. This is the worst experience in the game hands down.

The only other thing I can possibly think of is Beidou parries on the birds if they don't get out of radius before I can let go. Who decided this was a good idea?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

kater posted:

Any recommends for what to focus on to drag this group of shitters through Abyss 10? Don't have any non-generic artifacts so I need to decide what/who to focus on. Floor 10 is heavily Fire resistant and has no bonus to much of anything so Klee being my primary is a bit of a catastrophe. Noelle and Jean are my other built up DPS options, with Jean slightly behind. I can manage the first two rooms but 3 is a complete disaster. Both A and B sides are fierce as gently caress

My thoughts is getting Sucrose to 60 and some of that Anemo set would be the strongest power up.
Second team is Klee and Barbara for sure. I don't think this should be too much trouble those two can probably beat the whole side on their own though the two whoppers at the end might be a little tanky.

First team is harder. You require water for the fatui so Xingqiu is a given. After that the biggest challenge is the whopperflowers. Idk if Noelle/Jean/Fishl can do enough damage but it's probably your only option for now.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

kater posted:

This dude does F2P guides for high level content, which I find very useful even if I use completely different teams. Until you get to floor 12, it's more about knowing the encounters and what synergies bring than having optimal gear. You can use his videos as guidance and adapt to what characters you prefer and already have built.

Floor 10 is kind of lame, because it's the first one that demands having a certain element on both teams when the game only gives you one free one, in this case water. But luckily you have Xingqiu, so you won't have to worry about that. Him and Barb should take care of the pyro mage, whopperflower, and Fatui shields easily, even without leveling them up past where they're already at. Your level 70+ dudes should be able to handle the DPSing, with Klee only having trouble versus the slimes which only appear in chamber 1, so you can stick in in team 2.

You'll also need is a healer for each team, which should be Jean and Barbara (or Noelle if you're into that).

Finally, the Anemoboxer with the aura in chamber 3 can be pretty scary, so learn to save your bursts to avoid geting 1-shotted.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
for people getting dunked by world bosses, don't forget that you can stack food and potion buffs which help a lot if you're having trouble

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Jean absolutely destroys whopperflowers in Abyss. If you're able to pull it off you can charge attack -> E while aiming at the ground -> release into the air you'll do like 80k damage, or you can just straight up E them into the wall for around 40k.

This is best done after you break their shield so their stunned, otherwise they'll sometimes be immune to the knockback for whatever reason.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the whopperflower's shield isn't really a normal shield, it's more like a cast bar: if you don't knock it off when it appears they'll start using powerful abilities and become immune to knockback for a few seconds. If you do knock it off they'll be stunned and have lower resistances for a bit. It's easier to remove than most shields but you don't have much time, I hate them

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Decide to go back and get all the stars on Abyss 1 and 2 at AR 45. That was an easy 200 primogems.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Flavahbeast posted:

the whopperflower's shield isn't really a normal shield, it's more like a cast bar: if you don't knock it off when it appears they'll start using powerful abilities and become immune to knockback for a few seconds. If you do knock it off they'll be stunned and have lower resistances for a bit. It's easier to remove than most shields but you don't have much time, I hate them

Yeah they also seem to get random knockback immunity even before they go into their channeling phase at times, I think it's whenever they pop into the ground and come back up they get a window where they can't get knocked or something of that sort so sometimes you'll waste your E.

Jean's E can also stagger the big fatui enemies to stop them from performing some attacks (while their unshielded at least), it's especially helpful for cryogunners to stop them from doing their stupid ice spray attack.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

kater posted:

You shouldn't have a problem with 10-3 with Xingqiu.

Chain stun the first pyrogunner then take your time with the boxer so you have all your stuff ready for wave 2. When the second wave starts, just blow all you have on the boxer. If he uses the wind aura then either spam dodge to try and iframe the damage or use an ult to dodge it. You should be able to easily iframe every suction punch you trigger as well. One trick you can use if you are dying too fast is to switch to geo mc at the transition then put a rock under one of the gunners in hopes that it will bug him out so he will deaggro. Other than that just get your second DPS guy maxed so you aren't eating the damage penalty for being lower level.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Someone tell my dumb rear end who to build my abyss team 2 around.

I typically run those first 4 for basically all content right now since Xiang can limp to the finish if Diluc gets walloped. I'm kinda underwhelmed by Fischl's performance as a support though. I guess I should sub Venti in for Xiang (only 3/4 VV set rn though), and use Xiang for team 2 but idk who else to put in there. I guess they at least need a healer but it seems like Noelle isn't very good at that and idk how Diona does on that front. I only just pulled the 4* rateups at the bottom a few days ago and haven't spent any time with em. Given how many drat greatsword users I've pulled I regret refining aminus to R2.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
*switches off of using a greatsword for the first time since launch* How can anyone live like this?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If you have crescent pike the use Xiangling as your second dps. It really doesn't matter that much what the rest of the team is because it depends on what you are facing, but a standard lineup of Diluc/Diona/Chongyun/Venti and Xiangling/Barbara/Fischl/Amber is whati would probably run with that account. This is assuming Diona is a viable healer, i've not got her.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

with only a partially-built Diona i'm not really sure, but she gets half the number of healing ticks as someone like Bennett and her burst has worse uptime. her shield may mitigate the need for healing but overall it seems riskier than more dedicated healers.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Floor 7 of the Abyss clear.

First half of each chamber was careful juggling of Chongyun for damage and Jean for healing/swirl in a few places, using Amber to crack some key shields and trying to focus the hydro healers before they got a shield up because I wasn't prepped for that.

Second half was going to be similar juggling, but it turns out level 80 Xiangling with rank 6 talents and level 20 artifacts just completely melted guys even without Fishl's support.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

zgrowler2 posted:

gently caress oceanid, jesus christ

I got it to half health and the drat birds popped out, between that and the instakill move I ate three deaths and the only ranged character I have that isn't Amber is the L40 Childe I'm running this WL3 boss specifically to ascend so he does poo poo all for damage and gets stunlocked while trying to aim. This is the worst experience in the game hands down.

The only other thing I can possibly think of is Beidou parries on the birds if they don't get out of radius before I can let go. Who decided this was a good idea?

Lisa trivializes the fight.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
uh there's a brand new event game mode up right now out of nowhere, click Events and go unload some crates at the docks with best husbando Zhongli for... credits???

dogsicle posted:

with only a partially-built Diona i'm not really sure, but she gets half the number of healing ticks as someone like Bennett and her burst has worse uptime. her shield may mitigate the need for healing but overall it seems riskier than more dedicated healers.

well, her shield is a cat face, also she says "mew!" when she casts it so consider that in your calculations

i am the furthest from the market for diona, hating both anime and catgirls, and i freaking love her to bits. she shouldn't take falling damage, though, and should have bonuses to catching fish (but negatives to swimming) IMO.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 14, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mr Snips posted:

You get so many 3* weapons eventually that you can refine one of each to rank 5 and still have tons left over to throw into weapons you actually plan to use

Except, weirdly, the Dark Iron Sword, which is a 3* weapon that isn't in any of the gacha droplists or in any open-world chests.
As far as I can tell the only copy of it you can ever get is a conversation option with Chen the Sharp in Liyue.

Thursday Next posted:

uh there's a brand new event game mode up right now out of nowhere, click Events and go unload some crates at the docks with best husbando Zhongli for... credits???

Once your credits hit certain breakpoints you'll get primogems in the mail.
It's 200 primogems and 50k mora total if you max out the event.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

dogsicle posted:

I was thinking with his lineup you could use Chongyun's E then Diona's E to feed her energy as they have the same cooldown. Alternatively if you don't need the healing you could do it the opposite way round.

CJ fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 14, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hmm, just pulled a Kequing. It's a shame it's such an investment to bring them up to speed, makes it feel like I need to be 100% sure what I'd be doing with her (relative to my current party, she's clearly a carry) before I start trying things out.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Bruceski posted:

Hmm, just pulled a Kequing. It's a shame it's such an investment to bring them up to speed, makes it feel like I need to be 100% sure what I'd be doing with her (relative to my current party, she's clearly a carry) before I start trying things out.

i'm so mad

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'm really happy because I wanted to pull but I have no interest in Childe so an off-banner 5* gives someone to play with and opens up the next banner I choose to go for.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
the -culus locators are such a nice system

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

padijun posted:

the -culus locators are such a nice system

They've made me realize I must be terrible at looking at the minimap. One of the geoculi I missed was right by a map marker I placed for a Dandy challenge.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

ElMudo posted:

They've made me realize I must be terrible at looking at the minimap. One of the geoculi I missed was right by a map marker I placed for a Dandy challenge.

My experience with using them: teleport to the specified area, immediately see an obvious landmark that looks like a prime Geoculus location, ignore it at first because I probably already checked it, find nothing, go to the obvious landmark, find the Geoculus right there in plain sight.

This happened for three out of the four Geoculi I had left to find when the update dropped. :doh:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Bruceski posted:

She's fun and cool. Just do it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Keqing is cool because the entirety of Liyue is super devout to Rex Lapis and reverent of the adepti and she's just like "who gives a poo poo, gods suck".

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Bruceski posted:

You pulled one of the god carries, not really a hard decision on what to do. I've been slowly raising Diluc all week, 20 resin at a time. It doesn't take that long to get them fighting ready in the big picture.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I'd be mad that I destroyed my pity on a casual boredom pull and got Childe, but then I pulled again and got Fischl so the world is right again.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Keqing is cool because the entirety of Liyue is super devout to Rex Lapis and reverent of the adepti and she's just like "who gives a poo poo, gods suck".

She literally has a room full of rex merch

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Mailer posted:

I'd be mad that I destroyed my pity on a casual boredom pull and got Childe, but then I pulled again and got Fischl so the world is right again.

Good news! Fischl's gonna be free very shortly :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

CJ posted:

You pulled one of the god carries, not really a hard decision on what to do. I've been slowly raising Diluc all week, 20 resin at a time. It doesn't take that long to get them fighting ready in the big picture.

Yeah, it's just figuring out where to put her. Xingguang's my current carry, backed up by Chongyun, Fishl, and Jean bringing heals. If I replace Chong I lose ice and the greatsword, If I replace Fishl I lose that great Oz setup (Xing can drop-n-swap but her guy doesn't stay out nearly as long). If I replace Xing I lose the overload combo and... come on I JUST got her last talent to 6 base.

I mean, I think it's clear I want to invest in her as the carry for my second abyss team, just gotta figure out when else to use her and how. I should just throw her, Venti and Jean in a 5* party and figure out who to fill the last slot with. Having Venti and not using him either feels criminal.