Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

Despite being at WL3 I still have no idea what I'm doing. How should I be leveling people up? Is it just doing those leylines for the cheap books and just using hundreds of them and the other one leyline for money? I don't know if there's a source of the purple ones. And I think this recent update just made the mystic ore actually show up in the wild too.

And just idle things I noticed: 1) Jesus Christ that Oceanid is a nightmare, I just tried fighting it for the first time ever and I could only barely beat like, a bird of some kind before being killed (Granted it was level 50 and red so I was very underleveled for it) but I never managed to escape a single one of its AOE attacks in the process.

2) I tried Beidou out on the test run thing and wow, that lady's combo just goes all over huh?

Early on you will get a bajillion xp books, low level artifacts, and weapon enhancement crystals just from exploring and opening up chests. Eventually as you get to the point where you've already found 70-80-90% of the chests on the map, that will start to dry up and you'll have to rely on ley lines as your primary source of xp, but you can probably get to AR 25 or 30 without running a single xp ley line and still have more than enough xp mats. (You'll run out of money and need the gold ley lines way earlier though).

Ashenai posted:

I'm trying to do a "have at least one of every possible item in my inventory" thing, and the Traveler seems custom-made to gently caress me over. Because there is only one Brilliant Diamond Sliver in the entire game, and I'm keeping it, which means Traveler is stuck at Level 20. I'm not really using him so it's not a big deal, it's just funny how that works.

I might end up giving up on my dream, because the game really isn't designed around it and there's a lot of mutually exclusive items. Like, you have to use up a recipe item to learn it, but it you don't learn it, you usually can't get all of the 3-4 corresponding food items.

If it helps, the latest patch added an "archive" in the menu that catalogs all the items you've ever found:

So you can try to aim for 100% completion in that instead, where the brilliant diamond sliver will still show up in the collected-items list even after you spend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

padijun posted:

having 5x of every resist potion is a good idea. there was a fight in the new quest that I didn't see coming and they absolutely saved my rear end
Yeah there's no reason to hoard consumables. You fight bosses like ince a week each, may as well load up on food and potions. They're not hard to make and you probably have more ingredients than you know what to do with anyway once you're past like AR30.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
^^^ Also you'll have 15-20 of each buff food anyway if you're trying to master all the recipes for the achievement.

No Wave posted:

The advice to always have your characters ready to level never made sense to me. World bosses are extremely predictable, the only ones you could have real trouble with after fighting them a dozen times are Geo and Oceanid and that would be the first thing you're going to do after you raise your WL so it doesn't really make a difference if you do it before or after.

The geo boss is actually super easy to avoid all the attacks on, except the one tricky one where you have to jump (?) to avoid an AOE.
The main problem with it is that it's so slow because damage to the pillars ignores your actual damage, so even a super-buff carry will take a while to break down the pillars and at least two cycles of breaking pillars in the final finish-it-off stage to kill the boss. (Apparently noelle's ult gives her enough range to hit multiple pillars at once and once-cycle the final stage though?)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's really just the geo shockwave that's an issue. even when knowing what you're doing you need to quickly get over to a random pillar and pop the shield generator for safety. that move also being one of the faster and more damaging moves does make it dangerous, i still tend to eat a hit from it before getting the shield up.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The geo boss is actually super easy to avoid all the attacks on, except the one tricky one where you have to jump (?) to avoid an AOE.
The main problem with it is that it's so slow because damage to the pillars ignores your actual damage, so even a super-buff carry will take a while to break down the pillars and at least two cycles of breaking pillars in the final finish-it-off stage to kill the boss. (Apparently noelle's ult gives her enough range to hit multiple pillars at once and once-cycle the final stage though?)

Noelle's ult adds on just enough shield-stripping that you can finish the last phase in one cycle if you're quick about it, yes. You can also use her shield to tank that AOE that lesser other characters would have to jump over, and it can deal an extra little burst of Geo damage to pillars when you activate it if you're standing close enough. She's the best possible pick for that fight, IMO.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Joink posted:

Mona is the best DMG support in the game. Simply switch to her, press Q, switch back to a bursty attack character such as your KLEE and boom.

And you might as well throw an R5 tales of thrilling dragon slayer or w/e on her if this is your plan, which, yeah

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Early on you will get a bajillion xp books, low level artifacts, and weapon enhancement crystals just from exploring and opening up chests. Eventually as you get to the point where you've already found 70-80-90% of the chests on the map, that will start to dry up and you'll have to rely on ley lines as your primary source of xp, but you can probably get to AR 25 or 30 without running a single xp ley line and still have more than enough xp mats. (You'll run out of money and need the gold ley lines way earlier though).

Yeah, I'm at AR 31 now and I burned a lot of my money away upgrading people's talents. I think I'm gonna have to spend the rest of the month doing leylines for Mora and upgrade materials, because this is the first time I've dropped under 100,000 Mora since I've gotten Liyue unlocked.

So this is what I've got so far. I'm asuuming that I should focus on Razor and Xianling as my DPS characters and let everyone else just kinda chill out where they are now?

On PS4 and then all of a sudden I remembered the share function so I took a screenshot.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Something else that got added in a patch is that if you would upgrade a weapon past its tier breakpoint, you get the remainder back as enhancement ore. So a high-level 4-star can upgrade a low-level 5-star and you won't lose out on all the weapon experience.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I'm at AR 31 now and I burned a lot of my money away upgrading people's talents. I think I'm gonna have to spend the rest of the month doing leylines for Mora and upgrade materials, because this is the first time I've dropped under 100,000 Mora since I've gotten Liyue unlocked.

So this is what I've got so far. I'm asuuming that I should focus on Razor and Xianling as my DPS characters and let everyone else just kinda chill out where they are now?

On PS4 and then all of a sudden I remembered the share function so I took a screenshot.

I would pick one or the other at first. As you max them then move on to the other one. Those are the two standard picks from that lineup, but Ningguang can be a decent DPS, especially C1. I'm at AR44 and kind of wish I had someone geo leveled for the shields.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Finally got around to the 1.1 story and lol the boss is brutal

It probably does not help that I pushed over to ADV 40 right before it either

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

^^^ Also you'll have 15-20 of each buff food anyway if you're trying to master all the recipes for the achievement.

If the geo boss is making one pillar shake you can just run out of range.

If the geo boss spirals up into the sky and makes all the pillars shake, it spawned a little geo crystal that you can two-shot with a claymore to create a protective zone. Cracking a pillar the geo boss is on top of will make it drop to the ground and be vulnerable for a while.

Noelle's ult I think comes in just under the wire as a one-cycle, as long as you hit one of the pillars with the initial sweep. You don't have to multihit them - a full combo is enough as long as you can dash-cancel out of the recovery from your overhead chop.

(For general-purpose mans fightin', it's even odds when I'll dash-cancel out of Noelle in ult form. Sometimes it's just three hits, sometimes I'll hit enough with the fourth that I don't bother until after.)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Squiddycat posted:

An undocumented feature of the fight is that there's a Pyro barrier surrounding the whole thing. If the boss tags you with most attacks they put an elemental mark on you to mess you up, but if you brush against the barrier it'll clear the mark and the elemental status. I used Noelle and kept shields up - also the first two forms seem to get staggered pretty easily by claymore attacks, though that only lasts for so long before they pull out an elemental nova to get you off them.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

dogsicle posted:

it's really just the geo shockwave that's an issue. even when knowing what you're doing you need to quickly get over to a random pillar and pop the shield generator for safety. that move also being one of the faster and more damaging moves does make it dangerous, i still tend to eat a hit from it before getting the shield up.

The shield generator isn't on a random pillar, it's on the one the hypostasis itself is on. You can whack the pillar from inside the shield so that multi-shockwave attack is actually a huge dps window.

Glazius posted:

If the geo boss is making one pillar shake you can just run out of range.

If the geo boss spirals up into the sky and makes all the pillars shake, it spawned a little geo crystal that you can two-shot with a claymore to create a protective zone. Cracking a pillar the geo boss is on top of will make it drop to the ground and be vulnerable for a while.

Noelle's ult I think comes in just under the wire as a one-cycle, as long as you hit one of the pillars with the initial sweep. You don't have to multihit them - a full combo is enough as long as you can dash-cancel out of the recovery from your overhead chop.

(For general-purpose mans fightin', it's even odds when I'll dash-cancel out of Noelle in ult form. Sometimes it's just three hits, sometimes I'll hit enough with the fourth that I don't bother until after.)

I actually didn't know you could avoid the single-shockwave attack by running out of range! I always just stay in close and try to jump over it, which works maybe ~half the time.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The shield generator isn't on a random pillar, it's on the one the hypostasis itself is on. You can whack the pillar from inside the shield so that multi-shockwave attack is actually a huge dps window.

yeah, but it's random in the sense that the cube can/will teleport to any of the available ones to set up the attack there.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Type of chest I hadn't noticed before. Campfire hiding in tall grass, light it and a chest popped. Something to keep an eye out for.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
What's the deal with the unusual hilichurls? They give a miniscule amount of adventure XP and allegedly have a chance to drop primo, but I've never seen more than 2 in a day and sometimes not even that many.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

last time i tried, the shockwave attack is NOT a dps window and it's immune to damage during that time. the laser spin has the kind of vulnerability window you're describing however--that's why it ends with a short ranged inward-facing attack

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

last time i tried, the shockwave attack is NOT a dps window and it's immune to damage during that time. the laser spin has the kind of vulnerability window you're describing however--that's why it ends with a short ranged inward-facing attack

it's totally a dps window, the whole point of having a safety shield next to one of the pillars is so you can continue damaging one and drop the cube if you get there in time

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The White Dragon posted:

Are we still talking about the geo hypostasis?
The shockwave attack is like 10 seconds of free time to invulnerably hit the pillar while you stand inside the shield. That's pretty much a free pillar break, which knocks the hypostasis down to the ground and gives you an actual dps window.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So in the last thread, due to the Honkai Impact connections and stuff people were speculating on the possibility of Teyvat being post-apocalyptic, and one of the things people pointed to was Mondstadt's landscape being really hosed up as proof that some catastrophe befell it. Turns out, this is the case, but not quite in the way people were thinking:

When Klee's quest brings up the possibility of her being one of the most powerful, dangerous people in Mondstadt, it means it.

Rest of the text, meanwhile:

quote:

Rumor has it that she is cloaked in red, and clutches the greatest treasure the Knights of Favonius have.
However, only Klee knows what this "treasure" truly is.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 15, 2020

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
PSA for 1.1: the new story boss is also a weekly domain boss once you beat it so if you're putting off the story quest or just didn't catch that after completing it, do your weekly run of it before reset.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Klee also makes cameos in other quests. I won't mention them because I enjoyed the surprise :3:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Quetzadilla posted:

PSA for 1.1: the new story boss is also a weekly domain boss once you beat it so if you're putting off the story quest or just didn't catch that after completing it, do your weekly run of it before reset.

Is it like the dragon or the wolf? You can only do it once a week? Does it cost resin?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

once a week, 60.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can get the reward once a week, but it's like Stormterror, taking place in a domain that you could theoretically redo if you wanted for some reason, rather than on the field like Andrius where you get one win and that's it unless you visit another world. Since the boss actually has an achievement or two attached to it that you could miss the first time through, you might even actually want to redo it, possibly on a lower difficulty.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's not (yet) part of the battlepass or anything, but yeah it's another chance at world boss drops and the new skill mats it drops are for Childe/Diona and future characters

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Gosh, I wish there was a good way to get hero's wit besides just grinding leylines.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Amuys posted:

Gosh, I wish there was a good way to get hero's wit besides just grinding leylines.

The event starting in a day or two should have a good amount of Hero's Wit's available as one of the rewards, so there's that to look forward to at least!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

vandiar posted:

The event starting in a day or two should have a good amount of Hero's Wit's available as one of the rewards, so there's that to look forward to at least!

Is that when I get my Fish? I've been waiting for my Fish.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What are people using to revive fallen characters? The best I've found is Noelle's Pancake specialty. 15% max Hp then + 550. Is there a better option?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

has it been figured out how the blacksmith ore tips work? They were telling me to go away after one round earlier but now i'm getting multiple. also i feel like I've had old liyue tips shown for a day or two but also that mondstat gave me nodes in stormterror's lair that have been removed from my map without me going there.

UltraRed posted:

What are people using to revive fallen characters? The best I've found is Noelle's Pancake specialty. 15% max Hp then + 550. Is there a better option?

stuff some burger in them and teleport to a god statue when you get a chance? i feel like ive been very disengaged with food.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

UltraRed posted:

Is that when I get my Fish? I've been waiting for my Fish.

Yes free :coolfish: for all!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It'll be nice to get a free C1 for Fischl since I somehow dodged her that hard during my mass of pulls on the Venti banner. Though I dunno how much it'll make a difference in her performance as a support.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

its 50% of the way to c2 so it obviously will make her 50% stronger.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

UltraRed posted:

What are people using to revive fallen characters?

suspicious steak

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

UltraRed posted:

your choice ultimately is going to be whatever balance of efficiency/potency you like. i do tend to make Noelle's because she has an okay balance of the two, but there are ridiculously ingredient-efficient revivals like Bennett's (1 egg) or Amber's (2 meat) and then a slight step up you have Ningguang (1 meat, 1 flour) and Beidou (1 meat, 1 chili). Sucrose has the strongest revival specialty but it's disgusting due to requiring multiple processed ingredients, notably crab roe which has a 4:1 processing ratio.

e: not having the shrimp ball recipe until now, i forgot about it. that's an option where you don't need to roll specialty RNG but it would be quite costly due to shrimp being purchase-only and potato being difficult to farm in large quantities.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 15, 2020

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

UltraRed posted:

I guess now that inventory stacking is a thing, making a hundred pancakes to get 12-13 of the specialty isn't a problem. the second best recipes I have are a couple of blues that do revive + 1500 hp.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Squiddycat posted:

Fortunately, this boss is much more like a dark souls boss than any of the other weekly bosses. The boss does not have a soft timelimit, and it rewards you for not getting hit. I wish more bosses were designed like this instead of a stats check.

RareAcumen posted:

You would only focus one DPS for now. Your current levels probably would not do well in the fourth floor of the abyss. Razor is probably what I would pick to focus on first since he can only ever be DPS whereas Xianliang can DPS and/or support, and his abilities scale with Physical which is pretty versatile. Again, you can opt instead to focus on Xianliang with a crescent pike which makes her a Physical damage DPS like Razor, but unlike Razor, her abilities does not innately scale with Physical, and since Razor is already electric, it makes it easy for a superconduct team which lowers the enemies' physical resistance. So I would focus on Razor first and then Xianliang after you max him for your current World Level.

UltraRed posted:

Whatever I have left over from mastering recipes and/or the mail.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

So in the last thread, due to the Honkai Impact connections and stuff people were speculating on the possibility of Teyvat being post-apocalyptic, and one of the things people pointed to was Mondstadt's landscape being really hosed up as proof that some catastrophe befell it. Turns out, this is the case, but not quite in the way people were thinking:

When Klee's quest brings up the possibility of her being one of the most powerful, dangerous people in Mondstadt, it means it.

Rest of the text, meanwhile:

lol hope you are working towards her story 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

kater posted:

has it been figured out how the blacksmith ore tips work?

Magical Crystal Ore spawn once a day in set spots (alongside some normal Crystal Ore). They spawn in the same place as normal 3-day Crystal Ore spawns but don't overwrite them, so if you visit one on a day the 3-day Crystal Ore would respawn, you get both. You don't need to talk to the blacksmith at all, they just mark some of the spots for the day on your map and then tell you to come back later when you've mined all the spots they mark. The best thing to do would be to figure out the locations they can spawn and check those daily since you will inevitably gets some that the blacksmiths don't mark.