Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Cara Dune: I have to go now, the Republic needs me! *poochies up off the top of the screen*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

My sister was Cara Dune and she had to go, I'm Kara Dune.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Sash! posted:

They need to find a way to get Avery Brooks to show up so Carl Weathers and he can act at each other.

Their combined power releases so much ham that the Emperor spontaneously forms directly out of it.

But he's now the Badassd Mother-Fuckeror and is played by Samuel L Jackson.

Codependent Poster posted:

"My sister was Cara Dune and she had to go, I'm Kara Dune."

said the new character played by Erica Tazel as she introduced herself.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 20, 2020

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Whoa now, I will not stand for any loving YT-2400 slander in this thread.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Codependent Poster posted:

"My sister was Cara Dune and she had to go, I'm Kara Dune."

said the new character played by Erica Tazel as she introduced herself.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Whoa now, I will not stand for any loving YT-2400 slander in this thread.

All ships are equally trash compared to the turtle ship

2400 sucks though :v:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

YT-2000 supremacy

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cross-Section posted:

YT-2000 supremacy

This is the way.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

What did the Otana have over the Millennium Falcon in the game? For some reason I distinctly remember preferring to replay the final mission with that instead of the Falcon.

Its Rinaldo posted:

All ships are equally trash compared to the turtle ship

It's the bastard child of the USS Defiant and the Ebon Hawk.

Its Rinaldo posted:

2400 sucks though :v:

No.

tribbledirigible fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 21, 2020

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

tribbledirigible posted:

What did the Otana have over the Millennium Falcon in the game? For some reason I distinctly remember preferring to replay the final mission with that instead of the Falcon.

A center-oriented cockpit

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Smythe posted:

Many ppl itt talking about star war resistance and rebels but I was under the impression that these were literally tv shows for young children like sesame street etc is this not the case? ??

I tried watching them a few times but hated them as being bad cartoons for very young kids, and figured the love was from adults who watched them when they were young wearing nostalgia goggles. I tried watching from the watchlist people keep posting, and was surprised that while the dialog was still super cringey it was entertaining enough. It's definitely not for the Sesame Street demographic, more for 10 to 12 year olds.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
This show is good! I think the tone and setting is perfect and I feel very immersed.

The only problem I have with it is that linking it to the lovely sequels sullies it. Now I have to be reminded that snoke was a thing. Let the Mandalorian team do the next trilogy, it couldn't possibly be any worse than TLJ.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

"Did you lose anyone?"
Did I lose anyone I care about when my loving home planet was blown up? Yes. Yes I did.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Smythe posted:

Many ppl itt talking about star war resistance and rebels but I was under the impression that these were literally tv shows for young children like sesame street etc is this not the case? ??

Resistance is bad. Clone Wars/Rebels is good. They're 100% shows that target a younger demographic (not the Sesame Street demo tho lol) but they have immense entertainment value for all Star Wars fans, regardless of their age, especially when it comes to embellishing the lore. Ahsoka in particular has a really strong character arc spanning across Clone Wars and Rebels. I will now take this time to shamelessly plug a faux-trailer I made for an "Ahsoka" movie based on her arc from Rebels season 2 (spoilers obviously):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DX2HxN_EFo

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
The one thing that bothered me about Rebels was how they didn't really kill any Stormtroopers. Like, the show always made sure to show the troopers still breathing after they'd been downed.

I think there might have been a few instances where they were unambiguously dead, though.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
The baby stuff was great. I was having flashbacks of helping my stepdad work on his hobby cars as a child because my arms were small enough to reach that bolt he'd dropped down on the exhaust manifold or wherever. There should be a five minute long edit of this episode that's just the baby scenes though, because it felt pretty more of the same.

I may be selling the episode short actually. The chase was good. It was nice seeing the ship fixed and Mando flying like a boss. It was nice to get confirmation that Gideon's plan involves Jedi breeding. I liked the Dark Trooper / Cylon reveal. Maybe I'm being a big baby, but Gina Carano really put me off the episode. I can usually separate a lovely person from the part they are playing to a point. But then there are people like Kevin Spacey that I just can't watch anymore. I guess it's because she's a lovely person but also a lovely actor so it gets harder to roll with "She's poison on the street, but okay on the show". I just was so irritated every second she was on screen I just couldn't enjoy the episode very much. I super hope she just goes away.

Oh, also Carl Wethers was goddam great this week. I love how he's dropped the smarmy used car dealer boisterousness now that his day job isn't working the crowd at the bounty hunter convention, and he's moved on to being a sincere community leader / builder. Mando should hire him to be a live in nanny.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Potentially Dark Troopers or whatever they were called; the original battle droids from Dark Forces.

Wait. It's been a while so don't call me dumb, but I thought the Dark Forces dark troopers were guys in suped up stormtrooper power armor. Were they actually droids?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

The one thing that bothered me about Rebels was how they didn't really kill any Stormtroopers. Like, the show always made sure to show the troopers still breathing after they'd been downed.

I think there might have been a few instances where they were unambiguously dead, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZugKde7gT8

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Frankenstyle posted:

Wait. It's been a while so don't call me dumb, but I thought the Dark Forces dark troopers were guys in suped up stormtrooper power armor. Were they actually droids?

Confusingly, it was all of the above. Phase I was the sort of clunky looking droids, Phase II were all armored up, and Phase III could be worn as a exosuit.

For bonus dark fun, there were also guys called Dark Troopers in Dark Empire that had limited training and skill in using the Force.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Frankenstyle posted:

There are two things called dark troopers

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Trooper

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_trooper_(stormtrooper)

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Laughing my rear end off forever that they brought back Midichlorians. God, I love Favreau.

This was a boss-rear end episode, and even though it felt like a "side-mission" episode it still had decent "push the plot" info. Carl Weathers should direct more, cause the action was top loving notch.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

oh...hmm

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

SirSamVimes posted:

That one Scout Trooper with the grenade has to be employee of the freaking month.

it seems really evident in the show that the remnants are definitely true believer space fascists rather than the mostly lovely conscripts that were being fought in most of the original trilogy.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

They kill a poo poo load of troopers what?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Frankenstyle posted:

The baby stuff was great. I was having flashbacks of helping my stepdad work on his hobby cars as a child because my arms were small enough to reach that bolt he'd dropped down on the exhaust manifold or wherever. There should be a five minute long edit of this episode that's just the baby scenes though, because it felt pretty more of the same.

Same. I remember having to jumpstart a car and my dad saying don't let the wires touch, so of course I immediately turned around and went "What?" and clacked the cable heads together.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

Same. I remember having to jumpstart a car and my dad saying don't let the wires touch, so of course I immediately turned around and went "What?" and clacked the cable heads together.

I believe that, after 2005, you're obligated to yell UNLIMITED POWER while touching the heads of jumper cables together.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
these human beings keep dying after i inject them with goblin blood? instead of getting magical powers???

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Who played the imperial officer talking to Moff Gideon at the end of the episode? She looked super familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on where I’ve seen her before.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Its Rinaldo posted:

They kill a poo poo load of troopers what?

Yeah, sorry. I evidently didn't remember Rebels as well as I thought I did.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

mastajake posted:

"Did you lose anyone?"
Did I lose anyone I care about when my loving home planet was blown up? Yes. Yes I did.

"I was there."

You were where? On Alderaan?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Wheezle posted:

"I was there."

You were where? On Alderaan?

Served during Alderaan is the phrase he used

Yeah, sorry. I evidently didn't remember Rebels as well as I thought I did.

There are certainly a lot of times they chop a blaster in half instead of bisecting them with a lightsaber so I get how that stuck out in your memory

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Who played the imperial officer talking to Moff Gideon at the end of the episode? She looked super familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on where I’ve seen her before.

Phylodox posted:

And it’s cool to see Katy O’Brian again after Black Lightning and Agents of SHIELD.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

God drat I love this show and its dumb goofy fan service

The imperial base reminded me of the first level in Jedi Outcast. The speeder bikes going off cliffs were a level from Rogue Squadron III. The heavy speeder pilot/gunner co-op chase has been done multiple times. I watched the whole thing with a stupid smile on my face.

It really seems like it’s leaning toward Dark Forces troopers with some Remnant Reborn force-power-transfusion thrown in. If they go all the way and canonize Kyle (and Jan) I’ll lose my fuckin mind.

I’m so hyped for the upcoming post-Thanksgiving Filoni episode with presumably Ahsoka and Gideon.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'm glad IG-11 blew himself up in a lava stream so I don't have to wonder if the statue was made of his carcass.

It's too bad the Secret Apprentice is non-canon and Sam Witwer can't play him in live action.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

teagone posted:

Resistance is bad. Clone Wars/Rebels is good. They're 100% shows that target a younger demographic (not the Sesame Street demo tho lol) but they have immense entertainment value for all Star Wars fans, regardless of their age, especially when it comes to embellishing the lore.

Yeah Clone Wars and Rebels are definitely not like Disney Jr. toddler stuff. Resistance maybe, but I think it’s just boring. But ultimately they’re made for the exact same demographic as the movies— children and preteens.

The only people who complain about them being too kiddie are the same weirdos who don’t actually understand Star Wars and think gore and dismemberment are a central piece.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Frankenstyle posted:

I tried watching them a few times but hated them as being bad cartoons for very young kids, and figured the love was from adults who watched them when they were young wearing nostalgia goggles. I tried watching from the watchlist people keep posting, and was surprised that while the dialog was still super cringey it was entertaining enough. It's definitely not for the Sesame Street demographic, more for 10 to 12 year olds.

I'm nearly 40, there's zero childhood nostalgia on Rebels for me :lol: The horrible Ewoks cartoon is my nostalgia show. Try to watch cartoons like that with the idea that it isn't and will never be for you, it's just a cartoon for children and will be silly.

I dunno how to explain it, I just sometimes like to watch stuff that's a not so "mature".

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oh Fuuuuck. That's awesome. I knew I recognized her and again it was in the role of a smug underling to the big bad on Black Lightning too.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ahhhhhh, right. Thanks!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh Fuuuuck. That's awesome. I knew I recognized her and again it was in the role of a smug underling to the big bad on Black Lightning too.

I hope she's just as smug on this show when it's her turn. She was a very hateable villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm nearly 40, there's zero childhood nostalgia on Rebels for me :lol: The horrible Ewoks cartoon is my nostalgia show. Try to watch cartoons like that with the idea that it isn't and will never be for you, it's just a cartoon for children and will be silly.

I dunno how to explain it, I just sometimes like to watch stuff that's a not so "mature".

Oh sorry, I guess I kind of missed the point I was trying to make. I was just saying that following the watch list that cuts out some of the weaker bits and makes the story more linear, the show is good fun and my fist impression of it was unfair. I meant to backtrack on how dismissive I've been of TCW in the past. I didn't intend to sound like I was still bitching.