Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Grem posted:

Playing through AC Valhalla when it was buggy and you could jump off a cliff as long as you pressed R2 before you landed. Playing games with dumb bugs like that is fun sometimes.

They removed that and the game is much worse now that you have to manually climb down poo poo.

Romes128 posted:

From pages ago, but wtf happened with SkillUp? Did he out himself as a chud? I generally liked his reviews, but gently caress him if it's true.

I'd like to see proof of this myself. I know he and his brother fly close to the sun with their humor but he's always been supportive of poo poo like in Temtem where they let you pick your pronouns and make chars nonbinary, so I haven't read him as genuinely a chud, just terminally online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Endorph posted:

how dare you imply game reviewers are not very good writers

“They’re dedicated to the genre,” I wrote, as I opened Wikipedia.com.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Romes128 posted:

From pages ago, but wtf happened with SkillUp? Did he out himself as a chud? I generally liked his reviews, but gently caress him if it's true.

I think he has a second non-games channel, and it's from there where people discovered he is a chud. I've never visited it.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Turin Turambar posted:

In other news, the Ign review notes at least 6 different ending in the game.

quote:

The depth and variation available throughout most of these is genuinely hard to wrap my head around. You have to understand that in Cyberpunk 2077, just because something is a side mission doesn’t mean it’s not important to the story. This may come as a shock to anyone who has played CDPR’s previous Witcher games, especially The Witcher 3, but when I was mainlining the story it only took me around 20 hours to beat. That said, that only gave me access to three distinct endings, all of which were enjoyable but offered less control over the outcome than I would have expected. It was only after reloading a save from before the point of no return and spending another 20 hours playing through side missions, falling in love with characters, and leaving more of a mark on Night City that I went back to finish the story once again only to find my options had been massively expanded through my actions. After putting roughly 45 hours into Cyberpunk 2077, I was able to beat it seven different ways, including three drastically different final missions and five wildly different but satisfying endings after them (plus one similar one) – and I still have plenty more to do and lots of mysteries to hunt down. The more time you put in, the richer the payoff you’ll get in the end.

That's actually one of the more encouraging things I've heard about the story and your ability to impact it as the player.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Eimi posted:

They removed that and the game is much worse now that you have to manually climb down poo poo.

I'd like to see proof of this myself. I know he and his brother fly close to the sun with their humor but he's always been supportive of poo poo like in Temtem where they let you pick your pronouns and make chars nonbinary, so I haven't read him as genuinely a chud, just terminally online.

I kept jumping because gently caress it what am I going to use my health for if not taking fall damage?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I wish Obsidian would be able to develop a game half as interesting as E.Y.E. these days.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

Maybe it's just a human levitation spell that the player can learn later on in the game but the horse runs on 4 legs instead so it's actually realistically influencing its physics-based animations. Ever think about that?

TRUE

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Eimi posted:

Oh trust me, I know, luckily Miles Morales Spider-Man let's you fall a thousand miles to your death and just role out of it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the only two things I care about in games like this are

1. do they tell you when the point of no return is
2. is there a hard time limit before you have to do something

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Palpek posted:

I wish Obsidian would be able to develop a game half as interesting as E.Y.E. these days.

The last good Obsidian games are new Vegas and alpha protocol

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There's still a spark of hope for obsidian to me with the unannounced rope kid game. But their skyrim has a lot of convincing to do if it's from the outer worlds team as speculated, to put it lightly

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Palpek posted:

I wish the developers of E.Y.E were able to develop a game half as interesting as E.Y.E. Deathwing sucked poo poo.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

A final reflection for the day: Corporations are not your friend. I'm sure the game will have that message too, ironically, but it applies here in real life.
CDPR is a company, and as much as they like to go with the pro-consumer messaging, when poo poo hit the fan they didn't doubt in
a) not sending console versions for the review (who cares about not informing console buyers how is their version!)
b) not letting reviewers show their footage until release day
c) releasing a $60 game in a clearly beta-ish state.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Eason the Fifth posted:

disappointed but not surprised that CP2077 is still a subpar experience compared to the greatest cyberpunk-transhumanist experience ever put to processor: deus ex invisible war
gently caress that game.

Actually, I can't even remember what it was about, except that I was loving pissed that there was a loading screen every one and a half rooms, because of the loving XBox. Even Liberty Island was cut into four sections, despite being freely explorable in its entirety in the previous game.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

It's pretty clear to me that day 1 PS5/Xbox versions of this game will look notably worse than Miles Morales and they don't want any comparisons to next gen titles.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

eonwe posted:

the only two things I care about in games like this are

1. do they tell you when the point of no return is
2. is there a hard time limit before you have to do something

1: Dunno
2: There's the illusion of a time limit but I think you can actually take as long as you want. If I'm interpreting what I heard properly.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I kept jumping because gently caress it what am I going to use my health for if not taking fall damage?

There was a perk in Odyssey that reduced and them removed all fall damage. It was great!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

That's actually one of the more encouraging things I've heard about the story and your ability to impact it as the player.

yeah. its new vegas meets witcher 3. thats cool.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

No Mods No Masters posted:

There's still a spark of hope for obsidian to me with the unannounced rope kid game. But their skyrim has a lot of convincing to do if it's from the outer worlds team as speculated, to put it lightly

I can't wait to hear in detail how the Vailian Trading Company treat their employees.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Zeta Acosta posted:

The last good Obsidian games are new Vegas and alpha protocol

Deadfire is really good.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Eason the Fifth posted:

Seriously though I'm looking forward to a release-week ultra buggy runthrough plus multiple other runs later on after a few patches and expansions

This has been my go-to experience with AAA rpgs since morrowind and I'll be god damned if this game breaks that tradition

:haibrower:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Combat Pretzel posted:

gently caress that game.

Actually, I can't even remember what it was about, except that I was loving pissed that there was a loading screen every one and a half rooms, because of the loving XBox. Even Liberty Island was cut into four sections, despite being freely explorable in its entirety in the previous game.

something something "nanomachines, son"

The god JC vs the chad Omar

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

No Mods No Masters posted:

Where has this been speculated? Most of what I’ve seen is Chris Parker leading it since this was in development along with OW for awhile.

Also Deadfire is the best game Obsidian’s made so idk what you’re all on about.

Anno fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 7, 2020

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Deadfire is really good.

:hmmyes:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Pylons posted:

I wish the developers of E.Y.E were able to develop a game half as interesting as E.Y.E. Deathwing sucked poo poo.
Oh yeah, true, I forgot they actually did develop that poo poo. Ehhhh

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

I think Mankind Divided has been memory-holed harder than Invisible War.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Yeah, Deadfire was a huge upgrade over Pillars of Eternity 1. Like ridiculously better, and I didn't hate POE1 or anything.

Vorik posted:

I liked it, but it's like 2/3 of what it ought to be.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Vorik posted:

Mankind Divided was actually good, which is the unfortunate part. It's just never going to get the followup that it obviously needed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just appreciate that this game is horny.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Vorik posted:

Everyone is just waiting for the ending...

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Blue Raider posted:

I bought the core Red rule book directly from r. talsorian, and it shipped FAST. No PDF, though.

Edit: there is also narrative fiction in the core rule book. Not a ton of it, but it’s there.

Yeah, their Canada shipping options sucked and I think the place I bought from got paralyzed by COVID, so I’ll just re-read Hardwired I guess!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

something awful told me that horny is prohibited, but my IRL experience is that horny is mandatory

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

hey guys help me figure out which is sadder

looking forward to a game and talking about it with like minded people

or

hanging out in the thread for a game i'm not looking forward to and selectively posting videos showing the worst of the game at those people because i'm right and they are wrong

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So one criticism was cool stuff (NPCs, street food vendors etc.) are all decorations and you can't interact with them meaningfully. I don't have a problem with that personally, but is anyone going to make (or making) a game that does things a little different? Like a much smaller map but almost everything can be interacted with? Every restaurant can be patronized.. movie theater watched.. street vendor talked to? Not every game needs to be super huge and expansive right? Maybe the super fast SSD approach of PS5 is the future, where you quickly go through a toll and that is the brief loading screen into a new area of full interactivity?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

rap music posted:

or

hanging out in the thread for a game i'm not looking forward to and selectively posting videos showing the worst of the game at those people because i'm right and they are wrong

It's actually option 3, the thing you're doing

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Vorik posted:

No poo poo. It had its qualities, and I like it, but man was it a hack job.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ah, the Warren Spectre dream.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I said come in! posted:

:hmmyes:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

rap music posted:

or

probably the one that runs between 'comically uncritical' to 'free marketing for cdpr' op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Shammypants posted:

So one criticism was cool stuff (NPCs, street food vendors etc.) are all decorations and you can't interact with them meaningfully. I don't have a problem with that personally, but is anyone going to make (or making) a game that does things a little different? Like a much smaller map but almost everything can be interacted with? Every restaurant can be patronized.. movie theater watched.. street vendor talked to?

It's called Yakuza op