Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Glazius posted:

Man, the cryo talent domain in Mondstadt is some BS at level 88. I've got to keep on these downed cryo mages or else they'll start death juggling me even more than they usually do, but apparently they're also super cryo charged and spit out a death cloud that I can't dodge out of because when have I ever dodged in this domain? Took the L and ran it at 70ish instead, I'm only AR 47 so it's not like I could get to level parity anyway.

On the other hand, that circumstance is a pretty excellent argument for geo.

An update: yes, it's an excellent argument for geo. Got Ningguang from the last banner, and with Power Plant Amber (4pc exile + Favonius Bow) + Prototype Malice on Ning's cheap as chips EB, Xiangling was busting out floorsweeper pyronados left and right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
If I lack any real good polearms (I have 2 prototypes) and I think a 4* Dragon's something on my Xing, would the BP Polearm be a decent choice for Zhong? I have not bought the BP yet but I am around level 44 or 45 so I might as well pick it up since I will be completing it this go around.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Sirbloody posted:

If I lack any real good polearms (I have 2 prototypes) and I think a 4* Dragon's something on my Xing, would the BP Polearm be a decent choice for Zhong? I have not bought the BP yet but I am around level 44 or 45 so I might as well pick it up since I will be completing it this go around.

Don't sleep on forging a Crescent Pike. Its special ability is not an attack boost. Instead it adds a 100% proc to your normal hits with phys damage equal to the given % of your atk. If your polearm combo involves a bunch of rapid hits, the parallel proc will go off on all of them, and Xiang and Zhong both have one o' dems. Crit is the late-game god stat and Zhong has more big booms where that would matter, so if you don't have a better choice the BP polearm ain't bad, but all the same.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 8, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

avoraciopoctules posted:

The one thing I don't really have is good shields. I've toyed with Zhongli, Diona, Noelle, and Xinyan, but I haven't checked the numbers to see who would be best to boost after I hit level 50 and bring Keqing's power level up. If I'm choosing between those 4, which is the best to bring in if I mainly just want Big Shields?

Zhongli has the most potential, imo. His scales off of HP, with the best % scaling per level, and his base HP is one of the highest in the game if not the highest.

Diona's also scales off of HP, but at a smaller rate and she has about 4.5k less HP than him. On the plus side, her shield is situationally effective in the highest level content in the game, Abyss Floor 12, which is filled with Cryo enemies.

The other two scale with DEF. I don't know if stacking DEF can match how big a shield you can get with HP, but it does mean that they can tank a lot of damage when shielded, provided that they're the ones in play. This is because their DEF will reduce how much damage the shield takes. If your aim is to make a big shield for your other members, though, this won't be as useful.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

gandlethorpe posted:

Zhongli has the most potential, imo. His scales off of HP, with the best % scaling per level, and his base HP is one of the highest in the game if not the highest.

Diona's also scales off of HP, but at a smaller rate and she has about 4.5k less HP than him. On the plus side, her shield is situationally effective in the highest level content in the game, Abyss Floor 12, which is filled with Cryo enemies.

The other two scale with DEF. I don't know if stacking DEF can match how big a shield you can get with HP, but it does mean that they can tank a lot of damage when shielded, provided that they're the ones in play. This is because their DEF will reduce how much damage the shield takes. If your aim is to make a big shield for your other members, though, this won't be as useful.

Thank you very much! I will make Zhongli my next priority, then. I'm looking forward to seeing how much he boosts Keqing's overall survivability

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I use Diona for shields and she's really good. Diona is an extremely popular character atm because of how well she lines up with the 12th floor of the abyss.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

No Wave posted:

I use Diona for shields and she's really good. Diona is an extremely popular character atm because of how well she lines up with the 12th floor of the abyss.

She's a fantastic support because she checks so many boxes. Bow user, cryo, shield, stamina reduction, healing, bartender puns.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah - getting fat shields and fat heals from a single set of HP artifacts is such good value and the rest of your team can be entirely damage.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Sirbloody posted:

It depends how you're using Zhongli, but if he's a burst support dps then crit rate on the BP weapon is nice. That being said the prototype grudge has energy recharge as its sub-stat which is very important for burst support. You could give him a energy recharge timepiece and use the BP weapon though.

If you're using him has a main dps damage dealer then crescent pike is hands down the best weapon he can use, barring considerations for some of the 5 stars.

It really boils down to whether you like him a lot and want him to be a part of your main team, as well as where your main dps is at. If they already have a great weapon and couldn't use something on the BP then that's a factor.

I use Zhongli and was lucky enough to pull the skyward spine, which has energy recharge as its substat and is very nice.

edit: something else I would consider is that we're apparently getting more craftable weapons in the next patch, maybe, so... I am holding on to my prototypes.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 8, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Diona's part of my main overworld squad and I love her, but she has the most awkward heal in the game. It was really a task trying to cover all the healing and defensive support with her solo in Floor 12, especially if I had multiple characters in the red.

She and Zhongli actually make a good pair because Zhongli can block enough damage to make her healing more manageable when it's needed.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

re: Diona, she also negates the gimmick of the Mondstadt talent domain, which is one of the most annoying.

Sirbloody posted:

for Zhongli you'd likely want Grudge (ER%) or Black Tassel (HP%), though both he and XL can use the Crescent Pike if you're running them as the carry and not a support. with the rumor of new craftable options coming i would just make sure you don't use all your prototypes at once.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!

dogsicle posted:

re: Diona, she also negates the gimmick of the Mondstadt talent domain, which is one of the most annoying.

for Zhongli you'd likely want Grudge (ER%) or Black Tassel (HP%), though both he and XL can use the Crescent Pike if you're running them as the carry and not a support. with the rumor of new craftable options coming i would just make sure you don't use all your prototypes at once.

That is what I am waiting for honestly to see what new craftable options are next. Right now I plan on using Zhong as a support dps, not as a main carry.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

gandlethorpe posted:

Diona's part of my main overworld squad and I love her, but she has the most awkward heal in the game.

Oh absolutely. I supplement that with Xingqiu's rain swords, they pop about 3.6k hp for me right now. Fiona's burst sucks to use for healing because it's an aoe that spawns at a projectile that is targeted at an enemy. Placement is a constant issue and I feel like it's a lot smaller than Bennet's thumbs up fun circle.

The real trick is to never need healing by maining Beidou and just shielding for 7k anytime something is about to hit you.

SynthesisAlpha fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 8, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Next set of craftables all seem to summon a falling icicle on hit, which deals extra on Cryo-affected targets. Honestly seems like a gimmick, but could be good for a sub-DPS supporting Chongyun.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The claymore is extremely relevant for Razor and Xinyan because the substat is physical attack. The others are pretty whatever.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
I just crafted Prototype Aminus :gonk:

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
the strangest thing about Diona is her Skill being press/hold. the hold is strictly better in every single way (except cooldown I guess) and only takes like and extra .5 seconds. maybe if you're really trying to generate energy quickly you'd use press a couple of times?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Cooldown is a big deal though. I almost always use hold, but that's because I have Sacrificial Bow on her.

Actually no, I use tap... to harvest fire flowers.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Ashenai posted:

Cooldown is a big deal though. I almost always use hold, but that's because I have Sacrificial Bow on her.

Actually no, I use tap... to harvest fire flowers.

true, but the shield increases in duration when you hold too so it's kind of a wash. i dunno, just a strange little quirk that trips me up a bit if i accidentally press instead of hold.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

nah hold is just better. Ok hold is more upsetting when auto aim goes wrong and tap is better in co-op with C2. But you should always hold in single player.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Ashenai posted:

I just crafted Prototype Aminus :gonk:

You think that's bad? I refined my Aminus.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Yeah I very nearly did that too, with Crescent Pike. "Hey, prototypes are right there on the Stormterror loot table, I'll probably be drowning in them in a couple of weeks."

Flaming June
Oct 21, 2004

I do kind of regret refining my Crescent Pike because I never got another polearm prototype. A Grudge would be pretty useful right now...

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Some Numbers posted:

Me, too. I didn't know! I DIDN'T KNOW!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Refined animus crew reporting in.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Pshhh.

I crafted Whiteblind when I first started and didn't know about substats.

When I got another prototype from the shop, I crafted Aminus, and not realizing the shop only sold one I fed the Whiteblind to my Aminus.

But to make up for it, I've gotten two claymore drops :smug:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I've always said prototype refinement is the biggest trap in the game yet people go on and on about WL ascensions.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I have no regrets refining my prototype malice (multiple times, even!) because I like having Barbara as a giant sack of HP that heals everyone's chip damage

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

well my crescent pike is r4 because xiangling is the only spear user right? right??

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Some Numbers posted:

I refined Prototype Grudge. :sparkles:

I've seriously felt a little apologetic about using Xiangling for co-op domains, which is often necessary since she's my best Pyro character and has been since I got her (after Anemo Traveler, who is dead weight in slime domains). Especially in AR45 domains...but I finally got a new polearm prototype this last Sunday! Things are looking up.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

So nobody's really talking about the gliding event with all the Zhongli drama, but I think it's really fun aside from some janky controls and underexplained mechanics. I hope it's them testing out some tech and that they're planning to add more complex movement mechanics in the future.

Bloody Emissary posted:

R3 Mappa Mare, no regrets.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
R4 crescent Pike, come at me

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bloody Emissary posted:

I've seriously felt a little apologetic about using Xiangling for co-op domains, which is often necessary since she's my best Pyro character and has been since I got her (after Anemo Traveler, who is dead weight in slime domains). Especially in AR45 domains...but I finally got a new polearm prototype this last Sunday! Things are looking up.
You dont have to apologize for Xiangling. She's an insane character. I think pyronado is half of my entire team's damage.

Tsyni posted:

R4 crescent Pike, come at me
Crescent pike is a special weapon. R5ing it for the day the devs forget to design around it again is an investment.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 8, 2020

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Just R2 Crescent Pike and Aminus over here

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
every time i run venti in lvl 90 domains the team ends up wiping on the abyss mages. any advice on how i can play venti in domains with abyss mages so my allies don't all suddenly insta-pop?

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I refined Noelle's Whiteblind because I assumed I would just get more Prototype drops from the bosses. Turns out...

And now my only other claymore is a Favonius Greatsword. While being Razor-Curious and rarely using Noelle.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Jinnigan posted:

every time i run venti in lvl 90 domains the team ends up wiping on the abyss mages. any advice on how i can play venti in domains with abyss mages so my allies don't all suddenly insta-pop?

You can bunch them together and use swirl tricks to break their shields at the same time

Not sure if Venti is effective at it because of how is burst aims, but Anemo MC and Sucrose are really good at it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

The fight with Geocube isn't so annoying so much as getting there repeatedly.

The answer is to have Mona and just directly cross the water from the teleport location to the south-west.

Geo boss is the most annoying just because it takes the longest to beat, but it's not exactly difficult.

vvv Though I might still do this. I was originally going to put it on that distant island with all the crabs, but lately I've actually been pretty flush with crabs so that isn't as big of a concern.

Bussamove posted:

Seriously considering putting my teleport beacon there when I unlock it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I put mine on that rear end in a top hat hill right of the stone gate tp that you have to climb every day if you want the two free artifacts there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I put mine on the secret island in the northeast of the map because it's the best place to grab tons of crabs and I have an unhealthy fixation on mastering all the recipes.