Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He never admits he was wrong, never apologizes and never admits defeat and they love it.

The fact that he's a gigantic moron who frequently says obviously incorrect things doesn't even factor into it, as far as they're concerned they've been given the go ahead to ignore the facts in favour of their opinions even if they completely contradict something they just said as long as they win the argument and that's all that matters.

The inconvenient fact that Biden won the election is completely counter to that viewpoint, however, which has been providing us with some top tier schadenfreude

https://twitter.com/BGOnTheScene/status/1338569994767101956

god I love the classic "hands in front and leaning slightly backwards" body language of someone who thought they were gonna fight the system but crumble to pieces when confronted by the first uniform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Those people are wilfully being stupid, they have to know they are not supposed to be there.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

nishi koichi posted:

changing your ball bearings is dead easy and cheap, and pulling them apart to clean them is pretty meditative, don’t see the schad

Or just squirt them with WD‐40. Water displacement is what it’s for.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

nexus6 posted:

Those people are wilfully being stupid, they have to know they are not supposed to be there.

Teams of uncertified GOP electors held their own 'alternate' sessions in all of the swing states that fell to Biden and mailed off their own set of electoral votes for Trump, there was a lot of this dumbfuckery going around.
E: Mike Pence has to read out the results of the electoral college vote in alphabetical state order in the Senate on Jan 6, they think he's going to ignore the certified votes and read out their 'pirate' votes. It's dumb as hell.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 17, 2020

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Platystemon posted:

Or just squirt them with WD‐40. Water displacement is what it’s for.

true that, just gotta spin em and relube. poo poo, i’ve been ok just spinning the water out of mine, though i wasn’t exactly forcing water through them on a huge hill...

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Teams of uncertified GOP electors held their own 'alternate' sessions in all of the swing states that fell to Biden and mailed off their own set of electoral votes for Trump, there was a lot of this dumbfuckery going around.
E: Mike Pence has to read out the results of the electoral college vote in alphabetical state order in the Senate on Jan 6, they think he's going to ignore the certified votes and read out their 'pirate' votes. It's dumb as hell.

Christ, how many times does this election have to be called for Biden?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

nexus6 posted:

At least once more, as always.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

nexus6 posted:

They're not gonna stop after Jan 20, youbetcha :ssh:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

nexus6 posted:

I've found the slow, sad denial skid towards inevitability to be satisfyingly schadey. The chuds just get quieter and quieter, as the 'yeah, buts' get less and less emphatic, until Jan 20, when they'll all whimper a quiver-chinned "Not my president" like the last dribble of a ruined orgasm.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Clitch posted:

I've found the slow, sad denial skid towards inevitability to be satisfyingly schadey. The chuds just get quieter and quieter, as the 'yeah, buts' get less and less emphatic, until Jan 20, when they'll all whimper a quiver-chinned "Not my president" like the last dribble of a ruined orgasm.

Some of them aren't going so quietly into that good night.
Which is, once again, some absolutely :discourse: schadenfreude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMbgC6YYkys

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

nishi koichi posted:

also why tf did kyanka use the hanukkah background, is there anything about this scumfuck that isn’t seriously lame and unfunny

LOL JEWS ARE FUNNY I guess?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Need a separate political shade thread.

https://i.imgur.com/ktN42hb.mp4

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

nishi koichi posted:

also why tf did kyanka use the hanukkah background, is there anything about this scumfuck that isn’t seriously lame and unfunny

Does anyone else find it funny that he's still trying to be a writer and isn't just getting a regular office job?

Like, he could play at being a writer when he had the site here and no one could tell him not to post his unreconstructed early 2000s angry internet man schtick, but lol at anyone actually wanting to pay him for it.

Also, I bet that there aren't goons working wherever he applied but they did a simple google search on him, because the first news article about him is about the sale and mentions the domestic violence and he just assumed it was goons ruining it for him and not, y'know that him being a violent abuser is plastered all over everything about him and will be forever.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Azathoth posted:

Does anyone else find it funny that he's still trying to be a writer and isn't just getting a regular office job?

Like, he could play at being a writer when he had the site here and no one could tell him not to post his unreconstructed early 2000s angry internet man schtick, but lol at anyone actually wanting to pay him for it.

Also, I bet that there aren't goons working wherever he applied but they did a simple google search on him, because the first news article about him is about the sale and mentions the domestic violence and he just assumed it was goons ruining it for him and not, y'know that him being a violent abuser is plastered all over everything about him and will be forever.

Yeah, his writing is terrible, always has been. It was always the worst of the try-hard nonsense but I guess that kind of stuff is subjective. Even on DuckDuckGo his 4th result down below official ones is about him being a serial abuser. lol.

I suspect that over the last 20 years he has basically done nothing to build any skills aside from developing a snarky persona so finding a real job where he can just stuff himself away isn't an option. Also, I haven't looked but I don't think his streams do too well, primarily because he isn't entertaining on his own. In fact, I think that when he was doing streams with his 13(?) year old kid a few years ago, they had a better knack for comedy and being entertaining than he did.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
no skills? putting away the goldbelly ain't as easy as it looks

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/7ofTl59.mp4

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

frankee posted:

Billion dollar coal power plant scrapped because renewable energy is better

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-17/bluewaters-coal-fired-power-station-written-off-books/12990532

The energy trade calls it something like the "third wave".
First era of renewables is that traditional sources are cheaper to build and operate.
Second era of renewable is that it's cost effective to continue to operate fossil fuel sources, but build the new capacity in with renewables. Most of the world is here.
Third era of renewable energy is where it becomes cheaper to replace fossil fuel sources with new renewable sources rather than continue to operate the old plants. This is where the climate change fight starts to really move the needle

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

wtf

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

I KNEW it was coming and i still gasped. Great tension building, 13/10

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

krinklechip posted:

I thought it was going to be one where the bottom of the pan falls out so I still got to be surprised.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

krinklechip posted:

that load bearing stick wasn't all that load bearing

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Turns out fire isn't a structural material.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

https://i.imgur.com/twr6Q7f.mp4
the schadenfreude is on you the viewer for being robbed of someone biffing

I used to live at the bottom of that hill and would have a grand time drinking beers at my bay window watching guys eat poo poo. You should check out the Dolores Hill Bomb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3N-TEhTAQM

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Or Akira light blurs

My niece thinks I'm a wizard because I captured that effect in a photo of her riding her bike. It was a shot with the lens open for 15 seconds and a flash to freeze her motion. For Schadenfreude, she uses that picture regularly to argue that she's too fast to have to go to bed. My brother has "accidentally" destroyed one copy. But he doesn't realize just how cheap it is to get a print of a 4x6 picture. It was worth it to print ten just to get free shipping.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I have more respect for the camera guy who did the same thing only with a camera taking the shot.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

At least once more, as always.

I was looking for a gif of this, but good enough!

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

The finest prison wine 4 cigarettes and a pack of ramen can buy.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Azathoth posted:

I've vetted dozens of candidates, and the only time I've ever googled them is when they give me skeezy vibes. So yeah, him getting googled makes perfect sense!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/igOG3k1.gifv

If you laugh, you’re a bad person.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

BrianBoitano posted:

I've vetted dozens of candidates, and the only time I've ever googled them is when they give me skeezy vibes. So yeah, him getting googled makes perfect sense!

Yeah, I'm betting he flubbed the "why did you sell off the business you've been running for two decades?" question and they went looking for answers.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Cartoon Man posted:

I laughed straight to hell. Was not expecting that twist

piratescurvy
Jun 28, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

<- Bad person.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Azhais posted:

I was looking for a gif of this, but good enough!

I'm pretty glad I managed to get a Pirates of the Caribbean quote on topic in 2020! Maybe I'll watch that movie again tonight. The first one was so good.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/dogweapon/status/1198838200359211008?s=20

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

:golfclap:

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Personal schadenfreud, a few months ago my dad decided to buy some chickens, I was out cleaning the coop today and noticed our first egg! Well in my excitement I showed it off to the chickens, the bastard rooster broke it and they all ate it. Dam rooster.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ok but for real why isn't it loading?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Culinary version of "To Build a Fire" is pretty amazing.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tarantula posted:

Personal schadenfreud, a few months ago my dad decided to buy some chickens, I was out cleaning the coop today and noticed our first egg! Well in my excitement I showed it off to the chickens, the bastard rooster broke it and they all ate it. Dam rooster.

This is actually quite bad. Once the chickens realise they can eat eggs then they go to town on eggs they see later. Be careful chicken goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

Ok but for real why isn't it loading?

Log out and back in.