Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Ratjaculation posted:

The NHS vivid app occasionally gives me a notification saying 'loading', but never anything else. App says nothing. Latest version.

Is this normal?

It happens to me all the time, multiple times a day, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

lovely Track and Trace app snipe, shameful.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

I'm so proud of everyone guys, we are the first country in Europe to create our own mutated version of the virus. That takes dedication and hard work.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
:lol:

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

Galewolf posted:

It happens to me all the time, multiple times a day, too.

Android's notification info says it's 'Background Activities'.

According to Gov.UK...

'Each 6-hour period, the app collects a summary count of key information. This is called the analytical data set and helps us monitor the use, performance and information about the app and its use. The data is prepared and will be sent to central systems where it used for assurance of the app, technical checks and the public health functions. It does not include the data held on your app about specific venues or your close contacts.'

My phone tells me it happens about ten times per day, so no wonder days are feeling so long at the moment.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

we were too eager to get brexit done we found a new way to isolate ourselves before jan 1st.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jacada posted:

I'm so proud of everyone guys, we are the first country in Europe to create our own mutated version of the virus. That takes dedication and hard work.

Sorry bruv but Denmark had the mutant mink strain before this.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
the danes culled all the mink - is it time to cull everyone in Kent? (please don't I live in Kent)

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bardeh posted:

the danes culled all the mink - is it time to cull everyone in Kent? (please don't I live in Kent)

It probably wouldn't help, but the badger cull showed we're willing to try a "solution" with no scientific basis, so why not? I've never been to Kent so it's not like it matters.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Bardeh posted:

Hmmm

Perhaps as a final solution, so to speak.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

For the rest of the gallery who want to laugh at the state of the UK it's fine to do so just remember that those of us living here are hosed and don't laugh at us specifically

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If someone admits they voted for brexit or Boris go wild though

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
"Lorry parking manager 2021" will be a fusion of Euro truck simulator, tycoon management sim and block shuffling puzzles.

Can you keep the drivers from despondency and suicide by providing them with basic utilities and amusements while maximizing the use of space in your former air port site?
Truck #2764 has cleared a health passport and essential need exemption! Quickly rearrange your park to provide a corridor out from the middle of the tightly packed rows, then expertly maneuver them out of there.
Featuring licensed gameplay elements from the makers of "Papers Please" and the "Sniper" series.

Coming soon, price TBD as the value of the pound shifts.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jose posted:

For the rest of the gallery who want to laugh at the state of the UK it's fine to do so just remember that those of us living here are hosed and don't laugh at us specifically

As individuals you have my deepest sympathies. Collectively though y'all earn a :lol: from me.

I spent most of a decade living in England during grad school so I have a lot of unresolved issues with you. Although I remember a professor telling me Britain was much more accepting of trans folk than the US which in retrospect is the funniest bit of British comedy I can think of.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The panic buying cunts are back here

Great.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ratjaculation posted:

The panic buying cunts are back here

Great.

How is the D&D thread doing these days?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I abandoned it a thread or two ago, I assume their arguing that Corbyn wouldn't have let this happen and something about... I don't know... Trains in Uzbekistan

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Oh wait lol I get it now

I assume their bunkers are filled with fresh water and tinned food already

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
omg so bitchy :sissies:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I like the one guy who's got 50 kilos of beef in the freezer

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

kecske posted:

I didn't know Jordan Peterson posted here, although I suppose it's not surprising.

Sunswipe fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Dec 21, 2020

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kecske posted:

Tbh, my dad keeps about 30 kilo of meat in the freezer at all times. He buys lots of huge joints when they're on offer and divides them up.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

food shortage coming? better buy more for myself so there's less for other people!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i am beginning to think brexit was a bad idea

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

kecske posted:

food shortage coming? better buy more for myself so there's less for other people!

Ideally people will have been gradually building stocks for the last year or so rather than panic buying now.

I don't even know where I'd keep extra food in my flat so I guess I'm going to hope for the best.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

stev posted:

Ideally people will have been gradually building stocks for the last year or so rather than panic buying now.

I don't even know where I'd keep extra food in my flat so I guess I'm going to hope for the best.

Replace retaining walls with tins of beans

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

honestly i wish id eaten the beans instead of firing them up backsides

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

[me mid 2021 as i starve to death] thinkin... about thos beans...

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

How is the D&D thread doing these days?

They’ve been subtly adding an extra tin of alphabet spaghetti to their parents big shop every week so they’ll be fine for food while they play cyberpunk

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011
“China released mutant virus in London in retaliation for us banning them from 5G!

Proof that 5G causes Covid!”

An actual opinion from one of my work colleagues .... Jesus Christ lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
alphabet spaghetti is good fun, you can make rude words with it like BUM heheheheheh :newlol:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have they decided which version of 5G causes the diseases? It could influence my network choices in the future.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

crispix posted:

alphabet spaghetti is good fun, you can make rude words with it like BUM heheheheheh :newlol:

I like spelling gently caress OFF

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I've hoarded 50,000 tins of Scooby Doo spaghetti

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Although seeming fine with having not seen me in months and happy with leaving Christmas, my mum rang me quite upset that despite being high risk she can't get the vaccine due to allergies, so she's worried we can't meet for ages still and now she wants me to go visit on Christmas day

I said no.

Then she proposed driving to Bristol this week, and me driving down, about halfway between us.

I said no.

Now I'm just stressed and arsey and my day is ruined.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Ratjaculation posted:

Ah yes, a resident of the UK, then

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This vaccine or any vaccine? The US one should be available soonish.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
What flavour is the vaccine

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

[me mid 2021 as i starve to death] thinkin... about thos beans...

Same but mine would probably be like this:

[me mid 2021 as I get mauled by the wild dogs in the streets of London over a pigeon carcass] The global logistics is ridiculously cheap and full of alternatives, the system will fix itself in a week or two...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Ratjaculation posted:

Although seeming fine with having not seen me in months and happy with leaving Christmas, my mum rang me quite upset that despite being high risk she can't get the vaccine due to allergies, so she's worried we can't meet for ages still and now she wants me to go visit on Christmas day

I said no.

Then she proposed driving to Bristol this week, and me driving down, about halfway between us.

I said no.

Bail back to Cornwall ratty. Plenty of construction and building work to tie you over