Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

RC Cola posted:

Are PS5s still impossible to buy?
I’m visiting Osaka and asked a friend here if it was any more possible to buy PS5s here than anywhere else in Japan and he was like lol no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

RC Cola posted:

I had to try real hard but just got one this week from a Sony Direct queue. It’s still like winning a little lottery though yeah, you can’t buy one like a normal human being :-/

I’m late to the party on this but wow Astro’s Playroom is so well done and makes the PS5 really feel like this special new thing. I love all the nostalgia collectibles and how the whole thing goes through the history of PlayStation.

I think the climbing section with the monkey is the funnest gimmick-control section of a platformer in years.

And finally, it gives me hope to see gyro ADS aiming being used in a pack-in game like that and I hope game makers get the message and start including it as an option in shooters.

PS5 rules, I’m loving it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

drat thats hot. everyone, post your hot as gently caress media collections, right now!

Closet Of Shame™

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PantsBandit posted:

Hey guys, you should play Yakuza Like a Dragon on the playstation 5.

Do saves transfer?

This is probably a stupid question, as it's running in bc mode, isn't it?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Closet Of Shame™

i always appreciate criterions

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Closet Of Shame™

Focus!!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wheeee posted:

man now this thread got me thinking about it, PS1 was the poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrDV6VksSRU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiP3WujoXrE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjOafJZralM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpQOso5DJCU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RLf0O8eofU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fje57_DM8x0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtF80UCgarY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=923fVDDwaHo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BezU3yyii-I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeV2NtXSWMk

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 24, 2020

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Fix posted:

Do saves transfer?

This is probably a stupid question, as it's running in bc mode, isn't it?
Yeah it works like any other PS4 game.

Saves won't transfer to the PS5 version that's coming out next year.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

sorry, I have more film cameras than digital cameras and nothing to make hi-res images with

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

RC Cola posted:

Easier now - a dozen or more goons got one in the last week through Walmart/Best Buy/PS Direct. You still have to be on the ball, ready to checkout when they drop.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pssh, yeah physical copies of movies and TV shows sure are dumb. Why do I need those when I can strea- hey why's my favourite show not on Netflix anymore?...:confused:

Streaming absolutely destroys data caps, too

Wheeee posted:

Yea I've got shelves and they're full of books, I already own too much poo poo in general, and the convenience of hitting home button on the Switch and having a library of installed gamed to select from is quite nice.

My original question was regarding pricing alone because aside from potential financial incentives buying physical copies is less convenient and results in you having more plastic poo poo in your home.

Oh drat, WE GOT A BOOKREADER IN HERE! :smuggo:

I lend my movies and games out a lot, so it goes. Not gonna show my bookshelves tho, rest assured they're stuffed with perverted 1930s american stream of consciousness fiction

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

You, flies buzzing around your head: "Listen here, mack, I'm an adult. I live in a shoebox and can't have clutter. My only possession in the world is a metal dog dish. I have to share it with a possum or else he'll bite me. I named him Hisstopher."

Me, gay and sophisticated: "How charming."

:nice:

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

As a cable cutter, let me tell you about how I cancelled my cable subscription and signed up for 30 streaming services just so I have to watch a russian stream of a chinese dub of a movie not available on any of them.

lol

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

We're goons. We all have our rooms full of dumb poo poo.

I moved across the world in two suitcases in 2019 and now live in a place where a studio costs half a million dollars so don't have any dumb poo poo (beyond my sadbrains of course).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fedule posted:

My 5 makes a sound playing DMCV:SE (which I'm playing in 120fps mode) that I've not heard before, and which stops immediately when I leave to dashboard (leaving the game running) and starts immediately if I boot the game back up . If I had to describe it I'd say it sounds like someone running a sawmill a very long way away. Notably it's still p quiet (like 40 dB at point blank, up from the usual 35). Is this like a known thing or what. I'm like the butterfly/pigeon anime meme guy asking "is this coil whine" at any unfamiliar noise.

That's coil whine, mine does it, too. I definitely noticed it when I was playing DeS and sitting close to the console/tv. Most of the time I'm using headphones or have the volume way up, but if I play with the volume turned down I sometimes hear it. It's whatever.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

o don't have any dumb poo poo (beyond my sadbrains of course).

Nice humblebrag ya dingus

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
PS5 did not arrive today :[

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

13 Sentinels immediately made me think of classic PS1 games.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I don't want a big shelf full of video games and nerd gear, I'm an adult

the only video game thing I've got in my living room that isn't an actual console is a little Amiibo of Lucas. if people ask what that is, I say it's my son

You sound like a boring adult. News flash, it’s 2020, having some video games on a shelf or movies is a totally normal thing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I don't want a big shelf full of video games and nerd gear, I'm an adult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Hide all the games and movies! We can't let anyone think we can enjoy things here!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I will never get rid of my video games again because when I was a kid I sold my NES and around 18 games for $20 at a garage sale and later traded my SNES with like 10 games to Funcoland for store credit which I used to buy WWF Wrestlemania for the PSX.

I also sold all my Star Wars figures for $20.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i lost my original copy of parasite eve to funcoland's temptations

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I’m dreading when I have to move and pack up my anime collection. Physical games the least of my concern.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the heavy burden of anime tiddies :sweatdrop:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

the only video game thing I've got in my living room that isn't an actual console is a little Amiibo of Lucas. if people ask what that is, I say it's my son
I sit in the bare living room, a singular Amiibo enshrined on the ebony table before me.

"Oh, cool. You like Earthbo--"

:geno: "It's my son. That is my son" he speaks mechanically.

I suddenly realize the room is clad in nothing but shades of white and grey. There are no windows and no doors.

I run.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

the heavy burden of anime tiddies :sweatdrop:

No no. It’s the box sets that are the burden.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Hey, real quick, does anyone know if the FF7R Digital Deluxe Upgrade works if I have FF7R on disc? I wouldn't think it would be an issue, but I don't want to spend the money without knowing for sure and I don't see anything in the listing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

I sit in the bare living room, a singular Amiibo enshrined on the ebony table before me.

"Oh, cool. You like Earthbo--"

:geno: "It's my son. That is my son" he speaks mechanically.

I suddenly realize the room is clad in nothing but shades of white and grey. There are no windows and no doors.

I run.

where can you run to if there are no doors

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
No idea if it's related or was just a coincidence but Yakuza Kiwami crashed while a cyberpunk patch was installing. I haven't had any crashes for any game on my PS5 before this (installed cyberpunk, created a character, then stopped to play other games)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Oxxidation posted:

you can tell by the post that they've spent some time smashing their head into things before, im sure some drywall wont stop them now

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Oxxidation posted:

:2bong: that's just it man, we're in a mindtrap of our own creation. :aaaaa:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Immortals should be bought for PS4, right?
PS4 version gets free upgrade to PS5 so the PS5 version is gimped?

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

To offer a counterpoint, there is a massive digital sale on the PSN Store. Try looking at prices of games you're interested in and compare it to physical games copies off ebay/your preferred marketplace.

This. I almost never buy games at launch and wait for great deals on digital. I think I've paid more than $30 on a single game once in the last generation and usually far less. I can only recall one game that I bought on physical because it was a better deal than digital and that was No Man's Sky, something like $8 after the big patch.

Mr. Funny Pants fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 24, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Immortals should be bought for PS4, right?
PS4 version gets free upgrade to PS5 so the PS5 version is gimped?

What?

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Yea, this is the first I'm hearing about any of that? Assuming he's talking about Immortals: Fenyx Rising and not some other game I don't know about, I don't think the PS4 version is getting a free upgrade since the PS5 version is already out and for sale.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Soysaucebeast posted:

Yea, this is the first I'm hearing about any of that? Assuming he's talking about Immortals: Fenyx Rising and not some other game I don't know about, I don't think the PS4 version is getting a free upgrade since the PS5 version is already out and for sale.

You get both, I believe.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Rinkles posted:

You get both, I believe.

Yeah, there’s only one store listing and it specifically says “Immortals PS4 and PS5”.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Dewgy posted:

Yeah, there’s only one store listing and it specifically says “Immortals PS4 and PS5”.

Huh, you're right. I bought a physical copy specific for PS5 so I figured that since they split the physical versions they would have split the digital ones too. Weird.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
All of Ubisoft's stuff is cross-gen, it's not gimped, you just get both versions.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Shirkelton posted:

All of Ubisoft's stuff is cross-gen, it's not gimped, you just get both versions.

So you can run the PS5 disk on the PS4? If not, the PS5 version is gimped compared to the PS4 version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Waltzing Along posted:

So you can run the PS5 disk on the PS4? If not, the PS5 version is gimped compared to the PS4 version.

running a game on the PS4 actually lowers the value of a game, so you're wrong