Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bust Rodd posted:

Ha ha ha ha lmao oh my god I ran the Takemura Parade like 25 hours and probably 30 missions ago and just ran back into the abandoned apartment building to explore and all the corpses i didnt loot are still here and so are the 6 or so Arasaka security officers are still here looking for me! What the gently caress lol this mission never got the memo that I beat it!

Day 420: still checking apartment 203 for suspect. it's 2 rooms and 3 closets are always empty but we're staying here till the job is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I finally reached the point of no return at 56 hours. Now I can't decide if I want to go do every remaining sidequest or do them with another character. :ohdear:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Bland posted:

Define what an RPG is for me, please.

christ no
this legendary debate is not going to get solved in this thread lol

cyberpunk as delivered is not the same genre of game as new vegas though and i think most can probably understand what i mean by that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Arasaka security knows to either finish the mission or never come back.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bland posted:

Define what an RPG is for me, please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_lzgo7pmzk

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do you remember where you broke through? That'd be a pretty good thing to try and clear even more poo poo before doing the heist. Every area I encountered the lockdown barrier would just warp me back

I went the white route in this screenshot, but I don't remember when the warning prompt popped up or if there were even cops at a blockade. Sorry. Didn't think much of it at the time because it just worked.

That route goes along the hillside, through a short tunnel and comes back into the city in other districts.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Communist Thoughts posted:

christ no
this legendary debate is not going to get solved in this thread lol

cyberpunk as delivered is not the same genre of game as new vegas though and i think most can probably understand what i mean by that.

Actually I can't understand what you mean by that and I think they are both the same genre of game so I guess you're not explaining yourself very well here.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I keep picking up Shards for perk points/attribute points and can't tell how to use them. I don't see them on the journal screen. Do they just get added to the available pool?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

dyzzy posted:

T bug isn't that pretty typical for netrunners that get compromised in the setting? I wouldn't think that they'd be using soulkiller on just any intruder

Yep there's a lot that can kill you in cyberspace that isn't a soulkiller. Netrunners' life expectancy is about the same as any other edgerunner.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Got to some kind of point in the story where suddenly a few drop boxes and other places are behind police tape just by like a foot. Even seen peds walk back there and no problem, but I try and sell poo poo and I get lit up by cops. So far found 2 or 3 drop boxes just outside of my range to use since some sort of story point shifted the world.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Gyshall posted:

I keep picking up Shards for perk points/attribute points and can't tell how to use them. I don't see them on the journal screen. Do they just get added to the available pool?

Yep. Which sucks if you're currently maxed out in that skill.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Gyshall posted:

Yep, sometimes it's just experience to that perk tree. Good times if you get an Athletics one as it's easy 400 xp.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gyshall posted:

They just get automatically added (and wasted if you grab a skill shard for something you currently have maxed out)

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003

Gyshall posted:

yes, caveat for the shards for skill xp, if the skill is already at the attribute level, the xp is wasted.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Have any desperate youtubers made a GTA 1 comparison yet?

Can you believe a 23 year old game had police chases and trains?! Don't forget to smash those rate, comment, and subscribe buttons with your loving skull!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Smugworth posted:

Have any desperate youtubers made a GTA 1 comparison yet?

Can you believe a 23 year old game had police chases and trains?! Don't forget to smash those rate, comment, and subscribe buttons with your loving skull!

I’m just waiting for the Cyberpunk relationships/romance comparison to the high school pigeon dating game.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mantis blades and double jump is a sick rear end combination.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Probably been asked before, but does doing the Blistering Romance mission with Rogue after befriending Johnny in the previous mission lock you out of any of the other romances?

Like, I'm gonna romance Kerry probably, but his questline doesn't even unlock until after Blistering Romance (or if you didn't befriend Johnny in Chippin' In).

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Truly baffling design is why make a game about a cyberpunk band when your not going to bother to write any music for them in the game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Truly baffling design is why make a game about a cyberpunk band when your not going to bother to write any music for them in the game.

Cyberpunk is just a bad end sequel to Bill and Ted

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Delizin posted:

So Judy eventually sends you a text saying that they buried Evelyn at the Columbarium. I went there looking and didn't find her site, but there are quite a few for other characters. Including some for characters that I wouldn't expect such as:

Neat little bit of lore there like confirming that Peralez's brother was real and not a fake memory. You can even find the graves for Alt Cunningham and our good friend Jackie.

I tried to cover the whole area, but might have missed it. Anyone find Evelyn's grave?
Have you not seen Andrew?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Witcher 3 and this share the same problem where speech prompts often give you a poor idea of what Geralt/V is actually going to say once you click button.

There are interesting variations on player dialogue choices across different games.

I really liked that Alpha Protocol solely dictated tone between the J.Bond/J.Bauer/J.Bourne style of responses but you didn't know exactly what Thorton was going to say. It doesn't really matter what he says as long as it's suave or practical and finding out what they say contributes to the interactive narrative experience.

I think I prefer selecting tone to a truncated synopsis of what the character will say devoid of any indications of tone. Sometimes you only get the first bit of a much longer response so you don't get EITHER the full content of what is said OR the tone of what is gonna be said. Nothing breaks my character immersion more than the VA making something that sounds like it'll be snarky in text seem depressed in presentation or vice versa.

I think a lot of people would hate only choosing tone though and would dump on the whole concept without ever really trying it. Perhaps a mix would be best, what they will say with an indicator like [Aggressive] or [Lie] like Fallout New Vegas or Pillars of Eternity did IIRC. I think Obsidian realises players like to dictate tone as well as content of what they say, not sure many other devs have realised it.

Tenzarin posted:

Didn't they get the punk band Refused to do some SAMURAI tracks? They're even on Spotify under the artist name SAMURAI, are they not in the game?

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 25, 2020

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Just as a bit of comedy, it turns out you can get surprisingly high level before ever doing The Pickup. On my restart I'm at like level 14 with about 26 street cred and Jackie's still waiting for me outside All Foods.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Just as a bit of comedy, it turns out you can get surprisingly high level before ever doing The Pickup. On my restart I'm at like level 14 with about 26 street cred and Jackie's still waiting for me outside All Foods.

I cleared Watson entirely before doing it but scrubbed that game entirely when I found out you can get extra keanu bits if you do them after the heist.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Xachariah posted:

Didn't they get the punk band Refused to do some SAMURAI tracks? They're even on Spotify under the artist name SAMURAI, are they not in the game?

They are in the game, they're played in multiple locations during the main story and they're all on the rock radio station. I'm not sure what that guy is talking about.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Bland posted:

They are in the game, they're played in multiple locations during the main story and they're all on the rock radio station. I'm not sure what that guy is talking about.

Hold he's on gonna post a Youtube reaction video of it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

LOL, he's been eating the same bowl of noodles for nine years. It is now Cyberpunk 2086 and Jackie cannot leave the ramen stall until the curse is broken. What kind of GONK would just leave their cyberbro to rot at a food vendor for decades?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i was ready to hate keanu but he was a great casting decision and johnny adds to an already great cast of characters

Dec 25, 2020

Lima posted:

Yep there's a lot that can kill you in cyberspace that isn't a soulkiller. Netrunners' life expectancy is about the same as any other edgerunner.

Yes, so at the time I didn't really think anything of it. But once they revealed that Arasaka just has soulkiller floating around their net I figured they were meant to be connected.

Dec 25, 2020

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOL, he's been eating the same bowl of noodles for nine years. It is now Cyberpunk 2086 and Jackie cannot leave the ramen stall until the curse is broken. What kind of GONK would just leave their cyberbro to rot at a food vendor for decades?

The kind that knows he will die as soon as the plot advances. Enjoy your chow while you still can, choom. :smith:

Zeta Acosta posted:

i was ready to hate keanu but he was a great casting decision and johnny adds to an already great cast of characters

I had been waiting 25 years for a game with/about Johnny Silverhand and couldn't have been happier with how they cast and portrayed him.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Delizin posted:

So Judy eventually sends you a text saying that they buried Evelyn at the Columbarium. I went there looking and didn't find her site, but there are quite a few for other characters. Including some for characters that I wouldn't expect such as:

Neat little bit of lore there like confirming that Peralez's brother was real and not a fake memory. You can even find the graves for Alt Cunningham and our good friend Jackie.

I tried to cover the whole area, but might have missed it. Anyone find Evelyn's grave?

I wasn't able to find it after going there immediately after getting the text from Judy, but I'm not sure if I just overlooked it. I did find it there on a much later visit, IIRC it's on the left side of the main aisle, a bit past Jackie's.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hot take: Far Harbor is a much better DLC than anything in NV

Sounds implausible and ain't no way I'm installing that dismal POS software ever again to find out. What about this DLC could possibly make someone make a sentence like that? Did Bethesda magically change their entire game, hire new writers, and kill Todd Howard temporarily or what?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Khanstant posted:

Sounds implausible and ain't no way I'm installing that dismal POS software ever again to find out. What about this DLC could possibly make someone make a sentence like that? Did Bethesda magically change their entire game, hire new writers, and kill Todd Howard temporarily or what?

Nah, it's pretty good for Bethesda for sure, but that's all.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

110 posted:

The kind that knows he will die as soon as the plot advances. Enjoy your chow while you still can, choom. :smith:

Decades of knowing you'll die soon, it's tragic. Actually I really hate that Jackie wasn't around the whole time, can we just have a chill and nice cyberpunk story and like no big tragedy?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

City-scale multi-level criss-crossing walkways and roads as far as the eye can see.

You crash a street party and if you can get through a conversation without having to just murder them all they let you take part in a shooting competition.

I got halfway through this quest when it finally dawned on me, this is the trump gang, these are the maga chuds of night city. I have the eyeball mod that makes all your kills non-lethal (even the suicide* quickhack becomes non-lethal). Anyway, since that realization I'vce made it a point to not only beat up, but double-tap to kill every one of these motherfuckers. Some fixer wanted me to work with these shitheaps on a sidegig and I just failed it intentionally because gently caress that gang. Very cathartic to read IRL news on a poo poo break then come back to unload some built up aggression on these virtual proxies. I've always lowkey judged people who enjoy the violence in videogames and I will continue to do so, including for myself, but judge away, felt loving good after this year and life.

*Speaking of suicide, this game has a lot of suicide in it, from Johnny telling you to kill yourself, to forcing randoms to suicide, to just random gigs of suicidal people.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Ell oh ell, just picked up Johnny's car. It's extremely squirrely and loves to swap its rear end for its front. Oversteers like crazy. Authentic 911 driving experience. GOTY material right there.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Photomode in this game is amazing!

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

shut up blegum posted:

The game is fun and I have a lot of fun playing it. In fact, I'm not playing it right now but I wish I was. Welp, bye.

If it's not fun, why bother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MlNWYyVdh0

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

LifeSunDeath posted:

Decades of knowing you'll die soon, it's tragic. Actually I really hate that Jackie wasn't around the whole time, can we just have a chill and nice cyberpunk story and like no big tragedy?
I feel like Jackie dying, and then all the rest of the betrayals by the bad guys against you and your friends, really puts a righteous rage behind the blood soaked swath that V cuts through Night City. I used to keep going if I saw Tyger Claws just hanging out on a street corner, but now I take out every last one of those bastards, and put an extra bullet in their heads once they're down. Same for the Voodoo Boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Khanstant posted:

I got halfway through this quest when it finally dawned on me, this is the trump gang, these are the maga chuds of night city. I have the eyeball mod that makes all your kills non-lethal (even the suicide* quickhack becomes non-lethal). Anyway, since that realization I'vce made it a point to not only beat up, but double-tap to kill every one of these motherfuckers. Some fixer wanted me to work with these shitheaps on a sidegig and I just failed it intentionally because gently caress that gang. Very cathartic to read IRL news on a poo poo break then come back to unload some built up aggression on these virtual proxies.

Friggin badass :eyepop: