Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
It would have been way smarter to not be able to interact with random NPCs at all because it adds 0 to the game, the wanted system is mega stupid, and the muh imershun crowd will never be happy short of a fidelitous life simulator anyways. Like does GTA V do it better? What were the NPCs I’m mowing down on the beach doing before I lobbed a grenade at them? Pretty sure they weren’t existing and they don’t have a whole lot of reactivity to what I’m doing outside of running away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Firstborn posted:

I think that was part of the temple quests in Morrowind. You have to walk to a few shrines, and they are out of the way and very cool to find.
The Knights of the Nine or whatever from Oblivion was like... an MCU plot. It was so hilarious to try and have an almost Arthurian tale here in what should be the swamp of where Oblivion took place.

The Knights of the Nine DLC also had a checkpoint where you had to have good karma to pass and if you had done the dark brotherhood and Thieves guild quest chains then you would have like -140 into negative karma which would take more positive quests to negate than the game had.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

What is it with this thread and GTA V? :psyduck:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Eraflure posted:

Someone suggesting that other games might have done something better than Cyberpunk 2077 and that Cyberpunk's open world might have had the chance to be elevated by learning from other open world games is sending some goons into tantrum spirals lol

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Eraflure posted:

Some people just wanted GTA VI made by Rockstar but in a cyberpunk setting. :shrug:

Hmm, that would be pretty cool actually. I don't think Rockstar can pull off the same visuals though, RDR2 is really pretty but Cyberpunk 2077 is better.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rockstar will never make another GTA game while GTAO continues somehow churning millions and millions and millions of dollars in profit every month in what I can only assume if some hosed up mafia level money laundering operation because seriously who the gently caress keeps spending money on that poo poo.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Xachariah posted:

Some people just wanted GTA VI made by Rockstar but in a cyberpunk setting. :shrug:

Hmm, that would be pretty cool actually. I don't think Rockstar can pull off the same visuals though, RDR2 is really pretty but Cyberpunk 2077 is better.

By the time GTA VI comes out we will be in a cyberpunk setting already.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Rdr is them getting used to past era settings for gta6 the historical crime game

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rockstar will never make another GTA game while GTAO continues somehow churning millions and millions and millions of dollars in profit every month in what I can only assume if some hosed up mafia level money laundering operation because seriously who the gently caress keeps spending money on that poo poo.

The fact that GTAO flourishes is baffling to me.

And I absolutely don't want any kind of GTA or RDR clone, those games were very much not fun for me. I *do* want CDPR to fix NPC AI and vehicle AI for sure. I still think their biggest misstep was trying to be all things for all the platforms. At the very least they needed to cut the PS4 and Xbone models.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Someone suggesting that other games might have done something better than Cyberpunk 2077 and that Cyberpunk's open world might have had the chance to be elevated by learning from other open world games is sending some goons into tantrum spirals lol

lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like Cyberpunk 2077, but its the worst of the good AAA open world games out there. Everything I like about CP77, there is another open world game that does that feature better.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Another case of cut content. It's an item in the game files that you can add via console but it does nothing. I can equip it but I can't activate it. Also lol if we could literally walk around invisible in this on top of everything else.

If you ask the nomad ripper doc what they recommend, they give you a detailed spoken explanation of this cut item and why you should totally buy it from them.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

afkmacro posted:

I feel like everyone who complains about the npcs are going out of their way to peek behind the curtains to see how the sausage is made.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Speaking of, is there actually any shoulder cyberware that isn't the armor? I cannot for the life of me find a way to fill that second slot.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is anyone else expecting the foretold giant january or February patches to return cut content to the game, or do you think it will just be 50 GB of bug fixes? I feel like there is just an absolute crapton of stuff thats still in the game that just needs a switch flipped...

Like, uh, why do you have 3 slots for Shoulder cyberware? I have 3 shoulder slots but i only have the +200 armor, and whats more thats the only available option at every single ripperdoc. supposedely there are enough shoulder cyberware mods that would necessitate it being a lot of choices and giving you multiple enhancmeents, but the game only shipped with shoulder amror?

and theres no way they only designed one Light Machine gun

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

f#a# posted:

Speaking of, is there actually any shoulder cyberware that isn't the armor? I cannot for the life of me find a way to fill that second slot.

These resistance/immunity to burn (I think needs body) and to shock (need TA). Probably a few more like it but I can’t remember off the top of my head.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Vince MechMahon posted:

If you ask the nomad ripper doc what they recommend, they give you a detailed spoken explanation of this cut item and why you should totally buy it from them.

HAH! Now that's great broken game design, tease the hell out of a player with poo poo that they can never have but should have.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

What should they be doing if not cowering and making GBS threads their pants?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

f#a# posted:

Some kind of rubber insulation layer that negates electric damage for sure, and I think there's one for toxic, but that might be in immune or circulatory.

Actually there could also be heat resist skin too, you know asbestos implants pretty much. I don't remember but I know I've seen at least three for skin and one was armor and one was anti static.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

i am a moron posted:

I mostly don't care about the NPC issues but running away rather than everyone cowering in perfect synchronicity would probably be an improvement

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Is anyone else expecting the foretold giant january or February patches to return cut content to the game, or do you think it will just be 50 GB of bug fixes? I feel like there is just an absolute crapton of stuff thats still in the game that just needs a switch flipped...

Like, uh, why do you have 3 slots for Shoulder cyberware? I have 3 shoulder slots but i only have the +200 armor, and whats more thats the only available option at every single ripperdoc. supposedely there are enough shoulder cyberware mods that would necessitate it being a lot of choices and giving you multiple enhancmeents, but the game only shipped with shoulder amror?

and theres no way they only designed one Light Machine gun

It's just going to be bug and optimization fixes. We are not getting the cut content until Cyberpunk 2077 Online comes out in a few years.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PerilPastry posted:

I mostly don't care about the NPC issues but running away rather than everyone cowering in perfect synchronicity would probably be an improvement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhw0uO0CZTk

Edit gently caress I like this one more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bs158_TaoI

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Random NPCs should fight you/defend themselves, and every 1 out of 1,000 NPCs should be a max level mercenary with full cyberware and advanced hi-tech weaponry. The entire game sort of depicts a world where there are dozens of people like V operating in Night City, they should have to fight them.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
For the other shoulder slots you can get burn and shock immunity and there is another one for cool that turns burns into a damage buff for you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PerilPastry posted:

At least randomize it where some NPCs might fight back. GTAV managed to have a really good NPC reaction AI system in place where you didn't always know what someone was going to do. Sometimes when you stole a car, the NPC might actually fight back by either trying to drag you out of their car, or even shoot you and there was a chance you could die.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

Random NPCs should fight you/defend themselves, and every 1 out of 1,000 NPCs should be a max level mercenary with full cyberware and advanced hi-tech weaponry. The entire game sort of depicts a world where there are dozens of people like V operating in Night City, they should have to fight them.

Unless I missed it I would have liked a gig or mission with the mantis blade girl from the announcement trailer. i think she’s the MaxTac girl from the clothing shop but that’s after the fact

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Unless I missed it I would have liked a gig or mission with the mantis blade girl from the announcement trailer. i think she’s the MaxTac girl from the clothing shop but that’s after the fact

I dunno about this trailer specifically but you definitely fight enemies with mantis blades from time to time. At least one or two of the cyberpsychos have em.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

PerilPastry posted:

that would choke console cpus, given how poorly the game already runs in the city. a lot of these type of shortcomings are no doubt last gen compromises.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So I'm about to start the "Chippin' In" quest and then beat the game. Is all the Johnny characterization stuff gated behind those two things? Because they're basically the only things I have left besides a boxing match that I don't care about and a few side gigs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bold Robot posted:

I dunno about this trailer specifically but you definitely fight enemies with mantis blades from time to time. At least one or two of the cyberpsychos have em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

Also this one really tracks with the idea that’s been floating forever about earlier concepts of the game having you play as MaxTac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4udTrnmXs

Found a video of the mission and yeah it's her. Announcement trailer was 2013 and you have a V conversation option to talk about her 20-13 mantis blades. Even the name of the mission is a reference. A follow-up or more missions with them would be cool

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 26, 2020

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Xachariah posted:

Ah that would be a really cool mechanic. You see a group of enemies mugging some poor person so you intervene. After you clean house suddenly the scene fuzzes with Johnny style cyberartifacting and it turns out you just massacred a kids birthday party. As you look around in shock you start to hear bloodcurdling screams and shouts followed by the hover engines of MaxTac AV's. You gonna fight or flight, samurai?

FCPD, this is officer Harry speaking. Bounties? FCPD doesn't offer bounties for criminals, I think you're mistaken. Wrong number? Hey, do you mind answering some questions first?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah having like 95% of the npcs panic run instead of popping a squat would be immensely better than what happens right now. GTA3 did better npc reactions than this game

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Fuzz posted:

RTX on psycho, everything maxed, DLSS Quality mode, average 115ish. If I do 1440 native it drops down to 80s.

I'm sorry what? I was with you before on running it fine on a 3 year old PC with a 3080, but there's no way a 3080 is running 1440p native (no DLSS) with everything cranked and all RTX maxed at 80ish FPS.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jisforjosh posted:

I'm sorry what? I was with you before on running it fine on a 3 year old PC with a 3080, but there's no way a 3080 is running 1440p native (no DLSS) with everything cranked and all RTX maxed at 80ish FPS.

Didn’t catch that the first time around. 3080 here and everything maxed out @ 1440p with no DLSS gets me a cool 36fps.

Hell with DLSS quality I’m at a consistent 60fps and I have a newer processor (no OC though)

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

same but I feel like the actual effects are similar. Like the poo poo that happens to V is probably a lot like the poo poo that happens to some of the npc psychos. It's stupid for V to get psychosis in this game as it is, but in some other game in the same setting where you're someone else I could see weird effects slowly creeping in and pushing you to act like a psycho because you literally cannot tell the difference between people that need hosed up and people who should not be hosed up. And you've made yourself into a thing that can gently caress up whatever you please whenever you like.

Surely V is a high functioning cyber-psycho. Hallucinates, hears a voice exhorting him to violence, etc.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

First Cyberpsycho kicked my loving rear end.

I wasn't ready for a boss fight.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Didn’t catch that the first time around. 3080 here and everything maxed out @ 1440p with no DLSS gets me a cool 36fps.

Hell with DLSS quality I’m at a consistent 60fps and I have a newer processor (no OC though)

Yeah I'm on an overclocked 9700K (5.0Ghz all core) and a 3080. DLSS quality with everything maxed out at 3440x1440 has me hovering between 50 and 60 FPS.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

i am a moron posted:

Dude, come on, literally any open world game made in the last 12 years handles NPC reactions better than this.

Most NPCs run away, some cower, some fight back, that's it. The template for them to use is there in a multitude of games and they chose the stupidest looking option, or more accurately the option that took the least time to implement.

They cut corners on lots of details - NPC behavior, vehicle behavior, physics, water, etc - and it shows.

People jump through increasingly larger hoops to defend this kind of poo poo.

GTA has had driving AI since GTA3.

Crows Turn Off fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 26, 2020

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

To be fair to Cyberpunk, new Hitman had this exact same problem and it was far more unforgivable there since it was level based and closed. Like one of the missions was to assassinate some elite Laura Croft level adventurers and if you went aggro near them they'd just cower even though they were supposed to be ruthless badasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003
I am very sad that I cannot waste 5 minutes of my time playing this game in the game.