Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

While you studied the culinary arts, I studied the blade.

https://i.imgur.com/nPbRrEf.mp4
I know this isn’t barf inducing food, I like to post weird stuff that looks amazing here too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

we made a ham for Xmas, the glaze was a weee bit chunky and I think it belongs here

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

FTFY.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Thank you bro
What did I gently caress up that you had to fix, so I can not do it again?

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

I know this isn’t barf inducing food, I like to post weird stuff that looks amazing here too.

Yeah the guy is hamming it up for the camera, but posting completely normal Persian food as "weird stuff" is pretty racist, no?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Still festive, so posting some pro-level FP

The sword

The shovel

The wheelbarrow

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

Cartoon Man posted:

While you studied the culinary arts, I studied the blade.

The only thing wrong with this is that this food is not in my belly dude, that looks amazing and sword meat is metal as hell

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Thank you bro
What did I gently caress up that you had to fix, so I can not do it again?

You put the imgur page in the img tags. What you want to do is put the image file in tags. In other words, don't do this:
code:
[timg]https://imgur.com/a/BWr9PPr[/timg]
Do this:
code:
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/B2xOgG0.jpg[/timg]

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ookiimarukochan posted:

Yeah the guy is hamming it up for the camera, but posting completely normal Persian food as "weird stuff" is pretty racist, no?

Forgive me for never eating Persian food or seeing food cooked on a sword, I’m sorry for being racist.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

King of Solomon posted:

You put the imgur page in the img tags. What you want to do is put the image file in tags. In other words, don't do this:
code:
[timg]https://imgur.com/a/BWr9PPr[/timg]
Do this:
code:
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/B2xOgG0.jpg[/timg]

Thanks :) I thought I just had to put the Imgur url of the pic I uploaded into the bbcode tags, I'll do this from now on

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do all persian kitchens have the five foot long meat sword or only some of them?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Thanks :) I thought I just had to put the Imgur url of the pic I uploaded into the bbcode tags, I'll do this from now on

The bbcode will actually fill in automatically if you get the img url right. So if you paste

code:
https://i.imgur.com/B2xOgG0.jpg
it should automatically convert it to

code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/B2xOgG0.jpg[/img]
but then probably turn those into timg's if posting wallpaper size photos of your ham.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man has a new favorite as of 16:37 on Dec 26, 2020

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

gschmidl posted:

The wheelbarrow

I feel like if I ordered something that came out in an actual wheelbarrow--even if it were going to be shared among several friends--I would be forced to start questioning some of my life's decisions.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Do all persian kitchens have the five foot long meat sword or only some of them?

They're what you're supposed to use for koobideh kebabs so I guess that you'd expect any kitchen in a restaurant selling koobideh to have them?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hirayuki posted:

I feel like if I ordered something that came out in an actual wheelbarrow--even if it were going to be shared among several friends--I would be forced to start questioning some of my life's decisions.

Only because you're in the sort of restaurant that serves food in "cute" clearly not made for food vessels

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

gschmidl posted:

Still festive, so posting some pro-level FP

The sword

The shovel

The wheelbarrow

this is making me miss stupid plates at restaurants. I haven't been out to eat in a year.

htf are you supposed to get stuff out of this lol

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The Bloop posted:

Only because you're in the sort of restaurant that serves food in "cute" clearly not made for food vessels

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Got the most depressing covid meal assistance delivery today. A bunch of poorly seasoned ground beef, a few overcooked or canned green beans, and some watery-rear end mashed potatoes all just sort of thrown into a container haphazardly.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ookiimarukochan posted:

You are right, better return to posting thousands of pages of normal looking restaurant food, that is far more abnormal and interesting than ten foot meat spikes served on the board the size of my living room (aka the staple of everyday Persian eating)

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

WITCHCRAFT posted:

(Mrs. WITCHCRAFT's bean dip is 2 cans black beans, 1 large loaf velveeta, 2 tiny cans tomato/pepper chunks, one diced onion, seasoning, and it is impossible for it to break under our current understanding of physics)

you will split the atom before you break velveeta

god bless all these shovel meals though, I missed wewantplates

EDIT: kebab dude is no weirder than that... croatian? guy who makes mountains of food while grinning enormously. sometimes it's just fun to watch people make impractically much food at once, even if it isn't a giant hamburger

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

The Bloop posted:

That's ranch

probably fat free ranch

SAD! :saddowns::arghfist:

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

What's the top right one? Because I'm going to pretend it's an upside down ice cream float somehow

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

had to look up when the corn train happened and it was this year. holy poo poo

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BallisticClipboard posted:

What's the top right one? Because I'm going to pretend it's an upside down ice cream float somehow

Upside down? What kind of floats have you been eating.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress every single one of those not-a-plates

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Bloop posted:

gently caress every single one of those not-a-plates

They are great, and really the future of human dining, anyway, eat your slop out of this dogbowl citizen:

ok here's some others:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

For a second my brain glitched and perceived these things as 6 feet tall. Dig in.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

ookiimarukochan posted:

They're what you're supposed to use for koobideh kebabs so I guess that you'd expect any kitchen in a restaurant selling koobideh to have them?

Huh, the Persian restaurants near me make koobideh on much narrower and shorter skewers, more like these. :shrug: I, too, thought this restaurant was being all melodramatic with the giant ones, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

LordSaturn posted:

EDIT: kebab dude is no weirder than that... croatian? guy

Turkish

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

ookiimarukochan posted:

Yeah, I remember going over to my Iranian friends house for dinner and his parents always chopping everything with a 30 cm wide scimitar and cooking on a loving broadsword. Or maybe this is some restaurant doing normal dishes in an over the top way for publicity?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The Bloop posted:

That's ranch

probably fat free ranch
I'm more turned off by the unmelted cheese. Melt the cheese.

Cold pizza is excellent when it's a hot pizza that went in the fridge. Cold pizza that has never had heat is a salad.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

CannonFodder posted:

I'm more turned off by the unmelted cheese. Melt the cheese.

Cold pizza is excellent when it's a hot pizza that went in the fridge. Cold pizza that has never had heat is a salad.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

They don't look bad they just... that's not pizza that's just a flatbread

e: just remembering a british goon in this or some similar thread referring to burritos as coming in "some sort of flatbread"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

They don't look bad they just... that's not pizza that's just a flatbread

e: just remembering a british goon in this or some similar thread referring to burritos as coming in "some sort of flatbread"

Cold toppings, including cheese tho. That's the issue.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

LifeSunDeath posted:

Cold toppings, including cheese tho. That's the issue.

Isn't that the one that they bake like normal pizza then toss handfuls of cold cheese on when they serve it?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Isn't that the one that they bake like normal pizza then toss handfuls of cold cheese on when they serve it?

yes, look at that picture, that is cooked dough/sauce, the rest has been added after, and will remain cold when eaten, it's not something I want.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pizza, “the popular dish”

What is this columnist, a time traveler from 1953

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think they claimed they did it because their customers were getting burned by hot cheese. In which case, how were the customers able to get to your shop without falling into the sewer or forgetting to breathe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Those have all of my favorite pizza toppings, but I'd have to brush off at least like 90% of the peppers for it to taste like anything else than a cold bunch of jalapenos with a hint of tomato sauce.