Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I have a bug we're some items in my inventory have an exclamation and can't be removed. All of Johnny's clothes including the ones I crafted to uplift them and the gun you get from River. Anyone know how to fix it? It's really bugging me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

I haven't even done the racing quests because if they're anything like the short chase at the beginning of Sinnerman I'm going to ragequit the entire game.

Ah I wouldn't worry about it, the races are easy and the level of rubberbanding is "LOL". If you drive perfectly they'll be right behind you anyway and if you gently caress up horribly they will never have an insurmountable lead.

I think it's the opposite of Sinnerman where you aren't supposed to catch up to the vehicle until it reaches the bridge.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

dyzzy posted:

There is a stealth perk that claims to allow this for quick melee while holding a weapon.

drat it what the hell i got big arms from all those stat points

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Qmass posted:

Except numerous lesser open world games with cars have implemented this AND cyberpunk is already doing it in the radar. It just has to display the line in the world. I'm sure its not trivial but I cant believe its too hard to do.

The radar is just a 2d line vaguely in the right direction (and often wrong at that). Making it 3d and align with roads would be a lot more work.

The point is that people act as if the racing guidelines is an actual GPS that they just chose to not use for the rest of the game.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Xachariah posted:

Ah I wouldn't worry about it, the races are easy and the level of rubberbanding is "LOL". If you drive perfectly they'll be right behind you anyway and if you gently caress up horribly they will never have an insurmountable lead.

I think it's the opposite of Sinnerman where you aren't supposed to catch up to the vehicle until it reaches the bridge.

Khanstant posted:

I beat em all first try, with Claire's lovely truck, without the vehicle fix file. Really I think the only way to lose the races is to gently caress up at the very very end. Otherwise, the game's weird rubberbanding ensures the cars never actually get very far in front of you, if they do, they clump up and slowdown to stay within your range. Sometimes they can get ahead enough to get warped behind you. This also means you can never get very far ahead of them, get far enough and they just continually get respawned behind you close enough to stay in memory I guess. Many races have a choke point near the end, so even if you mess up and are behind all race, these idiot AIs will all get stuck in a tunnel or piled up on eachother and you can breeze past.

That said, it still loving sucked to drive that car and by far it was the most tense and sweaty-palms of any segment in the game. The punishment of having to repeat the races was the only real stakes in the game.

Of course, you don't actually even need to win the races. It's easy to, but the quests only require that you don't die on the way to the end lol.
Good to know - I haven't played anything with driving in it since Forza 7 and I gave up on cockpit cam almost immediately.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

Also that doesn’t make sense because I’m 100% I killed him in Pacifica before doing that quest and he was there anyway

Speculation, he's an AI and have multiple bodies so he doesn't give a gently caress.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

In the tabletop furries are a thing and are considered pretty much haute couture weirdos, and modding yourself to be super weird like that or the whole entirely chromed skin is iirc in the setting kind of cool but weird. You still lose humanity doing those kinds of cosmetic mods, but alien dong psycho I don't think fits real well. Having a psycho fashion designer or model flip the gently caress out could be a really interesting gig.

Yeah, where are the colleges and galleries in this city? I want to see the avante garde cyber poo poo, the artist who mods themselves into a cyborg centaur but the bottom part is a bus and the whole thing is a commentary about the body in public transportation or something.

Closest we get is Lizzy Wizzy and being shiny gold seems to be a pretty mundane thing by 2077. Speaking of, do you ever get to see her work in the end? She messaged me all bragging and thanking me and that I'd see her new artwork idea soon but don't recall seeing it. Kind of sounded like she was going to kill someone for art or a BD or something to be shocking?

This game is actually pretty poo poo WRT to paintings in the game. I think I can only really recall 2-3 unique paintings total they reused occasionally. Hoping to open a gallery someday irl soley consisting of in-videogame paintings so not much material here for it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm pretty sure I (purposely) killed Brick during the All Foods mission but he still showed up at one of the later missions. The dialogue made it sound like he was super hosed up (taking into account me blowing him up) but nah it was just regular Brick hanging out. The club kicked rear end, though

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

dyzzy posted:

There is a stealth perk that claims to allow this for quick melee while holding a weapon.

I think it has a chance to maybe let you grab them when you quick melee them.

I don't know about the probability but if my character needs to grapple someone mid fight then it means I failed a stealth task and need to reload the quick save. Otherwise it's mantis blades to the face.

On the topic of racing. Only racing game I ever liked was carmageddon because you could ignore the racing and just murder the other cars. I absolutely hated the mandatory races in GTA games.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Katt posted:

I think it has a chance to maybe let you grab them when you quick melee them.

I had it on my first character and basically it staggers them so they turn their back on you and you can grab them in a normal stealth grapple. I wouldn't rely on it for stopping a failure of stealth, but if you wanna experiment with body shields that's the way to do it. I will warn if you're too loosy goosy with it, it can result in you grappling a flaming person and burning to death with them.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is there any place that sells bolero jackets reliably? I'm digging their look.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

If Cyberpunk 2077 managed to create a digital online platform for people who want to play in or run Cyberpunk campaigns, and released content modules that function as the DM for you and your friends to play, that would literally revolutionize multiplayer role-playing games and would’ve effectively allow CPR to print money until the end of time. That’s why I think it has a chance of happening, because it’s something consumers want and it’s something they can micro-transaction the gently caress out of.

Like I said, this is just like the pre-release delusional hype all over again.

How about let's start with a Jackie Welles drink actually being given to you when the bartender says she'll make one for you.

This game is hollow, through and through. Crafting, gear, skills, the majority of gameplay just being the copy-pasted gigs and ncpd jobs, the complete lack of emergent gameplay, on and on.

Yet you think a fully modular ttrpg simulator is within reason. How do you not see the disconnect between what the game is and what you're asking for, and how ridiculous what you're saying is.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I said it way back in the thread, but they went to the trouble to add the space port, so the space stations are possible for one of the major DLCs. They get mentioned a bit in the shards, but only barely.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

lemonadesweetheart posted:

I have a bug we're some items in my inventory have an exclamation and can't be removed. All of Johnny's clothes including the ones I crafted to uplift them and the gun you get from River. Anyone know how to fix it? It's really bugging me.

Those are quest items and can’t be removed. You don’t actually need them for anything (unless they raise your Johnny likes you score) though.

Xachariah posted:

I finally figured that the best way to win was to not listen to Claire but once you’re in 1st, drop your speed until someone tries to pass, then gun it. That way you don’t get screwed up on the turns.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Pharmaskittle posted:

it can result in you grappling a flaming person and burning to death with them.

ok this is actually good do you need a lot of cool to get it?

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

stratdax posted:

How about let's start with a Jackie Welles drink actually being given to you when the bartender says she'll make one for you.

This game is hollow, through and through. Crafting, gear, skills, the majority of gameplay just being the copy-pasted gigs and ncpd jobs, the complete lack of emergent gameplay, on and on.

Yet you think a fully modular ttrpg simulator is within reason. How do you not see the disconnect between what the game is and what you're asking for, and how ridiculous what you're saying is.

Yeah. Hyping each other up was fun before release, but now that those problems are a known quantity I really don't understand how people can be excited for some miracle DLC when the base game barely works.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I have so much fun with this broken rear end version, I will be amazed if I can have more with the fixed one. Though I am sure the "worst games of the year" videos from 2020 will be eyerolling as gently caress.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

stratdax posted:

I dunno I think the game is actually pretty good and I think “emergent gameplay” is a total waste of dev time and resources and doesn’t actually make a game better than games that don’t have it.

I also don’t think the launch bugs are indicative that CDPR can’t do anything. None of what you’re saying makes sense outside of the context that you don’t like the game and thinks the devs aren’t very good and they intentionally released a bad game, instead of what actually happened on Earth

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I wish there were races that were
1: Harder
2: For Street Cred and/or Eddies, not for a storyline (the story provided is fine, but there'd be more room to make a race hard and not rubber-bandy if players didn't feel screwed on story if they ate poo poo on a race.)
3: Classes could be fun! Bike race. Slowboat race. Supercar race. Whatever.

As is it's just "don't crash all day into every wall" to win.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I was expecting more death from the death races

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i will buy the season pass day one. aldecaldos dlc cdpr you cowards

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“The game is buggy now, therefore they will never be able to release anything good in the future”

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
CPDR give me a "Judy Western Adventure" DLC you cowards, I will put all my eddies down for it.,

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

stratdax posted:

yeah what the gently caress and why can't i get the other named drinks why the gently caress am I just selling off extra guns and drinking the booze I looted on the way in. I don't wanna buy a fuckin real fruit gtfo.

quote:

This is different because a shitload of the actual structure is offloaded to the GM. If you have a gm you don't need emergent gameplay, the gm sets up the pieces and then manually tweaks it as it happens. It would still be an incredible amount of work to make this possible, but it'd also be pretty amazing. I don't think anyone has said it's likely to become real.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Artelier posted:

I have had a song stuck so FAVOURITE TRACKS GO this is what's been playing on loop in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph4BZqB7yr4

I don't know the name of it, but I really like Johnny's combat theme during the flashbacks, the one with the violin stinger in it.

Also I'm kind of frustrated with Crafting. Yeah you can get some HOLY poo poo stuff out of it, but it does not excuse the excessive jank. I've got a million white and green material but need almost exclusively purple and orange and the best way I've found to go about it is just to spam crafting and make literally hundreds upon hundreds of Maxdoc V3s one by one. They Cost something like 8 White 4 Green to make, and break down in to like 5/3/2/1.5 White/Green/Blue/Purple.

Crafting also lies to you. They say at skill 18 it unlocks all iconic patterns, but that's bullshit. It unlocked some new orange quality armor and stuff, but I'm still finding new iconic blueprints on bosses and such.

Also holy gently caress I'm like completely kitted out for tech weapons and I've got exactly 1 Orange non-iconic quality tech blueprint and upgrading that Chaos pistol from the beginning of the game is so absurdly expensive considering I can build that non-iconic orange tech revolver every level up and have it be way cheaper in terms of materials needed.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
I just recently noticed that you scan some of the prominent NPCs and see that they have outstanding warrants with the NCPD. There's a relatively high bounty on Jackie, and I'm going to assume it's for some of the shenanigans you and him got up to in the intro montage (the one charge is "assault on a public official.") Also Judy has a small bounty for illegally protesting. It's a nice little touch.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ Jackie's bounty actually goes up as the main missions go on.

Just had a mission where I "killed" a dude with my arm blades and it somehow counted as non-lethal. I didnt cut off his head or anything, maybe that's why

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think the tech precision rifle blueprint is fixed and it's absurdly loving good.

RatHat posted:

Just had a mission where I "killed" a dude with my arm blades and it somehow counted as non-lethal. I didnt cut off his head or anything, maybe that's why

Even when using lethal weapons there seems to be a good chance (especially against bosses) to not kill and just incapacitate enemies. It's a weird system (maybe tied to crits) which makes the existence of that dumb non-lethal mod even more puzzling.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

navyjack posted:

Those are quest items and can’t be removed. You don’t actually need them for anything (unless they raise your Johnny likes you score) though.

I finally figured that the best way to win was to not listen to Claire but once you’re in 1st, drop your speed until someone tries to pass, then gun it. That way you don’t get screwed up on the turns.

It seems bugged though. What quest is river's gun for? I'm in act 3 and barely talk to him anymore. I just want to be able to put them in my stash or trash duplicates.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

stratdax posted:

And cyberpunk 2077 should have been different in a lot of ways, minor and major, but look at what we ended up with. What about the release makes you think they're even capable of doing any of the things on your wish list for multiplayer?

Come on guys. Some delusions are starting to set in.

You a lot of us loving love the game, right?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Blastedhellscape posted:

I just recently noticed that you scan some of the prominent NPCs and see that they have outstanding warrants with the NCPD. There's a relatively high bounty on Jackie, and I'm going to assume it's for some of the shenanigans you and him got up to in the intro montage (the one charge is "assault on a public official.") Also Judy has a small bounty for illegally protesting. It's a nice little touch.

Do we have different Jackies?

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

“The game is buggy now, therefore they will never be able to release anything good in the future”

Is that what you think I said?
I didn't mention bugs.

TheRat posted:

wut

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

There was a Judge Dredd game where you could arrest enemies that surrendered and the game would throw a sentence on them. If you played co-op and that enemy had killed your cop-op partner then it was "killing of a judge, sentence: death"

If you arrested random civilians the game would make up charges like "loitering: 7 years" etc

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

Uhh, I think my Panam questline is completely borked. So I went back to the Nomad camp for a Little Help From My Friends and I told Panam and the gang that I would meet them at a meeting site to scout the train. Well I can't meet them there because the truck they are in decided to fly (literally) 200m across the map and become wedged in the pipeline and I can't interact with them now. I can go talk to Saul and rat out Panam for some sweet eddies and a free car, but I wanna do the Basilisk quest. Tried fast travel, approaching from different areas, reloading, talk to people at the camp but nothing will fix it.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Katt posted:

Do we have different Jackies?

I think that's a bug. Sometimes if you re-scan an NPC they get updated bounties.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Glitched into Arasaka Waterfront, nothing special there.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

TheRat posted:

I do but there's nothing wrong with acknowledging the fact that the game is hosed big time and it's too early to tell whether the string pullers at CDP have learned anything from this fiasco of a launch.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
hopefully with the lawsuit more info will come out. it's pretty obvious that management hosed this thing up bad.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The doom posters ITT have absolutely no idea what cancelling their proposed multiplayer mode would cost, there’s literally 0% chance of that happening. They are going to milk every dime out of this engine and this setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm ready for a sequel using the engine by Obsidian