Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

No Wave posted:

Ah... yeah you won't have to worry about any of that for a long long time.

yeah I'm just working on basic game mechanics here

So far, I'm enjoying this game for the artwork, character design and the gameplay itself; but sometimes I see the numbers-go-up man behind the green curtain, or a grind reminds me of it, and it just stone-dead kills my will to play :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Sexual Aluminum posted:

And wear said heels climbing sheer rock walls.

Also what’s this about destiny streamers failing at this game? I want to know more.

idk anything about destiny specifically, but im assuming its just people that thought this game was more mmo-ish because it was an online action co-op game with bosses and such. destiny isn't really an mmo either, but i think people imagined something more like that for whatever reason. i definitely saw a lot of people get to the end of the story content and have weird meltdowns about no endgame or whatever? like they had never played a mobile game before even though i know they play a ton of mobile games.

trying to sustain a youtube channel or twitch channel on a game where maybe 3 weeks out of each patch you'll maybe do abyss and otherwise have like, 30 minutes of content to do a day unless you really stretch things out with mat farming would basically be impossible. anyone that was more experienced with streaming mobile games probably knew to just make another account or whatever and clickbait with "f2p account how to clear x content ez" stuff.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
MTashed was a Destiny streamer (and successful youtuber) who started streaming Genshin and became a bit infamous because people seem to get mad about clickbait. I'm guessing he was the point of reference.

He spent something like $8000 in the first month the game was out then claimed he was quitting Genshin due to monetization then ended up staying on because his Genshin videos were more popular than his Destiny videos. To his credit he still hasn't spent any more money since then.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

xedo posted:

Yeah, Barbara was wrecking it for all my boss kills before levelling the world. I think I need to rotate Zhongli in and out for shields and bring a few potions for +hydro damage and +pyro resistance, because she is absolutely getting 1-shot by certain attacks. I think I might have enough oceanid drops to ascend her one more time once I get the other needed items too, which would probably make the difference. (But if not I'm likely SOL until I get Razor up to 60/70, because if Pyro Regisvine gives me grief, Oceanid will be so much worse).

Wait, is Barbara your main source of DPS or is she just bringing the shields down? Because you should absolutely be using someone else for DPS unless you've specifically built her for it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Ciaphas posted:

Swirl does nothing but spread effects, right, no extra damage? Still trying to work out how/when to use Sucrose - and combos in general for that matter

Specifically, it does damage of the element that is being spread. It deals no wind damage, in case you're confused about that.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Saxophone posted:

Wait, is Barbara your main source of DPS or is she just bringing the shields down? Because you should absolutely be using someone else for DPS unless you've specifically built her for it.

Oh just shields, I was typically hopping over to anemo traveler once it fell down. Which, not ideal, but my dps is all pyro right now. Another good reason to invest in Razor soon.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Ciaphas posted:

So far, I'm enjoying this game for the artwork, character design and the gameplay itself; but sometimes I see the numbers-go-up man behind the green curtain, or a grind reminds me of it, and it just stone-dead kills my will to play :v:

There really isn't much of a grind. You'll want to grind, but short of spending money the game limits how much you can. You can clear out your daily quests in ~10 minutes, daily resin usage on dungeons in another 20-30ish, and you're done. There's a bit more to do during events or whatever but you're never in a position where you must apply your face directly to the rng grindstone.

Having Best DPS Guy with Best Sword isn't really what you're aiming for anyway. If you really want to see number go up, you change your team to synergize well and never stop filling the screen with particle effects.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

xedo posted:

Oh just shields, I was typically hopping over to anemo traveler once it fell down. Which, not ideal, but my dps is all pyro right now. Another good reason to invest in Razor soon.

Ahhhh, yeah. The upswing here is that electro cube is dead easy once you know it's moves and with a Xiang and a Bennett you should be able to one-cycle it if your Xiang ult is up.

Level that Razor up and start laughing at what a pushover pyro becomes.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

Clarste posted:

Specifically, it does damage of the element that is being spread. It deals no wind damage, in case you're confused about that.

I watched a video yesterday where someone used a Sucrose with 900+ elemental damage and three other characters that have passive attacks which continue when you change the character. Some of the swirl damage reactions must have dealt 15k dmg as a whole.

Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APQVSIA2FPs&t=359s

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

idk where the Sucrose stuff is in that longer video but it is also broken out into a separate one i was looking at the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ihs0-9LXk

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

dogsicle posted:

idk where the Sucrose stuff is in that longer video but it is also broken out into a separate one i was looking at the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ihs0-9LXk
I don't get why people rep Jinjinx so hard when there's such better content out there (like this, KrushSG, and the Klee twitter guy). TYVM for the link, I had no idea what was going on in the last clip.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Saxophone posted:

If you haven't yet, level up barbara enough to not get one shot and then bring her and laugh as she absolutely MELTS the initial shield. After that a bow user is nice to do a couple aimed shots on the flower while it's raging which will bring it back down for more hits. You may know this already, but if not, yeah!

Pyro vine likes to do headbutts when its corolla's all het up, putting it in catalyst range. You can get in a quick AA combo with Barbara and break the core in one pass, maybe two.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Glazius posted:

Pyro vine likes to do headbutts when its corolla's all het up, putting it in catalyst range. You can get in a quick AA combo with Barbara and break the core in one pass, maybe two.

Ah, I run Childe carry so I was always busy just aim-shotting it with water arrows to the same effect.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

yeah I'm just working on basic game mechanics here

Pre-Venerer Sucrose, you give her instructor's or scholar's, put an element on something or a group, then use her E to do a bunch of damage, spread the element if there's a group, and pull everything together.

Especially if you have her C1 and ESPECIALLY if you have Sacrificial Fragments, she does a lot of damage and is spammable.

Her normals being anemo and like half or more of her damage coming from Swirl makes her do pretty good damage alongside Oz (Fischl's E) or any other elemental damage that stays on the field, but her real draw is the huge aoes.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

No Wave posted:

I don't get why people rep Jinjinx so hard when there's such better content out there (like this, KrushSG, and the Klee twitter guy). TYVM for the link, I had no idea what was going on in the last clip.

i'm definitely skeptical of genshin content in a broader sense, and finding/vetting new stuff while dealing with how it can affect your youtube recs is annoying so i get why people would be predisposed to staying in a bit of a bubble. i've only really kept up with 3c, Envy (on twitch), Dreamy, and Jinx and definitely waded through some obnoxious recs before that Sucrose vid showed up.

stuff getting shared in here is an easy way around all that at

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Oh yeah no knock on anyone sharing him here, didn't mean it that way.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 30, 2020

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

lagidnam posted:

I watched a video yesterday where someone used a Sucrose with 900+ elemental damage and three other characters that have passive attacks which continue when you change the character. Some of the swirl damage reactions must have dealt 15k dmg as a whole.

Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APQVSIA2FPs&t=359s

Proclick, thanks. The applauding npc thing was very cute.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
is there a ruin grader out in the world somewhere? I missed the disable a grader achievement, now I can't find any, and I've finished all the quests in dragonspine

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I only know of one. Bottom right of Dragonspine. If you do ruin guards repeatedly in Adventure Handbook you'll eventually be directed to it (which is weird I guess).

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
thank you. I guess I have to shoot it in the foot?

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
is Sucrose C6 a stronger support than C0 Venti? i've only really used Venti but i've gotten 11 god drat Sucrose copies so i figure i'd try her out.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Those adventurer's experience in the stardust shop are tempting me. I have a lot of stardust banked. Has everyone been buying those?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's not bad if you have the extra dust. Wouldn't prioritize it though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I have 3600, which means even in the worst case scenario I can afford the next two months of pulls (worst case scenario being sale ends and I don't roll). So buying them this month should at the very least be safe. 75 purple books seems pretty good...

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Framboise posted:

Link? I still haven't finalized my Albedo build yet.

I dunno if you were still looking for it but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbxcGLdOBII

Very comprehensive and he gives lots of MATH about stuff.

The tl;dr being that in the majority of cases Albedo is gonna prefer a DEF% Hourglass. Also the 3* sword Harbinger of Dawn is almost always Best in Slot for him, which is hilarious. He doesn't really go into it much but he also does mention the potential for using 2 pieces of the 4* Defender artifact set just because that 30% DEF bonus is actually very significant for transient blossoms.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

padijun posted:

thank you. I guess I have to shoot it in the foot?

Break both of its ankles, then shoot its eye while it's bent over and trying to laser you.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

is Sucrose C6 a stronger support than C0 Venti? i've only really used Venti but i've gotten 11 god drat Sucrose copies so i figure i'd try her out.

It's hard to say that C6 Sucrose is better because Venti's burst is just so busted, but a C6 Sucrose is very good at CC and at stacking additional damage for reaction comps with an EM build. Which one is preferable really depends on the team you want to run.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 30, 2020

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Glazius posted:

Break both of its ankles, then shoot its eye while it's bent over and trying to laser you.

the grader just lured me into the water to where I was swimming and turned on the windmill :suicide:

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

I get more mileage out of sucrose because her ult lets childe, qiqi, and xiangling actually apply their elements

padijun fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 30, 2020

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Is there any reason to level a support past 60 with A4 unlocked? Asking primarily for Albedo, Fischl, and Bennett, as my Sucrose is already 70 and I'll probably level Zhongli to 80 for HP tanking

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Usually no, although Albedo might be an exception? His support is mostly just adding supplemental damage while the others are there mostly to apply element for your main to react off of. So in that case he might be worth taking further to get more out of that extra damage.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
What would y'all recommend for abyss floor nine if this is what I have so far?

I've beaten pretty much everything on the overworld but I don't have two teams worth of artifacts yet (I've only got about 2.5 sets I'm happy with if I'm being honest), and I'm not sure where I would get the most bang for my buck. Fischl seems like an obvious choice because I have so many of her constellations but I just don't "get" the character. He skills are so short and archery is so bad that it seems weird that people are using her for dps, I feel like I must be missing something. I didn't start pulling her until I was pretty late in the game so maybe she has just always been underleveled and that's why she never felt good.

Basically nobody has high level talents except: Chongyun' is 8/5/4, Bennet is 1/5/7, and Ningguang is 6/1/4

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Usually no, although Albedo might be an exception? His support is mostly just adding supplemental damage while the others are there mostly to apply element for your main to react off of. So in that case he might be worth taking further to get more out of that extra damage.

This also applies to fischl, XQ and a bunch of other supports. Bennett likes levels a lot too since his granted attack bonus depends on his base atk.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

This also applies to fischl, XQ and a bunch of other supports. Bennett likes levels a lot too since his granted attack bonus depends on his base atk.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I just realized that, now that I'm AR50, I can make the Traveler level 90 (as opposed to my other level 80s that don't even remotely have the materials for final ascension).

Kinda curious to do this and see how it affects things. I'm guessing the Swirl thing someone posted about Venti would also apply to Anemo Traveler.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i've been thinking this for a long time but does this game feel like it has really laggy and sluggish controls? maybe 20% of the time my dashes don't register, my characters will just stand there while i'm mashing skill or attack, it very frequently drops my charge attacks, and it CONSTANTLY drops my character swaps... this isn't a problem with my keyboard, it's 100% responsive otherwise and in every other application but genshin is the only thing i do on this computer that consistently drops my inputs.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 30, 2020

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Other than Bennett and Sucrose the advantage gained by leveling a support past A4 60 is pretty small unless you've got artifacts to go with them. Sure it's going to have some benefit but not worth sacrificing building artifacts or leveling other supports to A4 60.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Fur20 posted:

i've been thinking this for a long time but does this game feel like it has really laggy and sluggish controls? maybe 20% of the time my dashes don't register, my characters will just stand there while i'm mashing skill or attack, it very frequently drops my charge attacks, and it CONSTANTLY drops my character swaps... this isn't a problem with my keyboard, it's 100% responsive otherwise and in every other application but genshin is the only thing i do on this computer that consistently drops my inputs.

Could be a ping issue. I run into the same scenarios when playing on slow wifi.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Fur20 posted:

Charge attacks seem to be a little sticky in general, but I've only ever experienced character swap dropping when my internet connection is weak. Swaps do fail when I hit the button during the swap cooldown window, which happens often because I'm an overeager keysmasher, but that's not an issue with the responsiveness of the controls.

Bloody Emissary fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 30, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fur20 posted:

oh hey this happens to me too even with a different keyboard and after a fresh install

i'm consistently at 42ms so it seems weird that suddenly it decides to just eat/delay my inputs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

zgrowler2 posted:

Is there any reason to level a support past 60 with A4 unlocked? Asking primarily for Albedo, Fischl, and Bennett, as my Sucrose is already 70 and I'll probably level Zhongli to 80 for HP tanking
Yes. You can see the Venti spreadsheet posted earlier to see what kind of damage you can get from leveling a support. For a rule of thumb anemo and electro are worth leveling, pyro/cryo/hydro benefit a little less (depending on the application), geo doesn't really benefit at all. That said I bring everyone to 70 because why not, you have the time and enough books from events for it at AR50 and pretty much every support has a talent you want to bring to 7 anyways.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 30, 2020