Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I am having some serious problems with the fact that we just witnessed an attempted coup and there doesn’t appear that there will be any meaningful consequences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It is said that those who work forces are the same that burn crosses.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Fool posted:

I am having some serious problems with the fact that we just witnessed an attempted coup and there doesn’t appear that there will be any meaningful consequences

The president got probed for twelve hours, it's fine.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

kitty jail gave him plenty of time to thi k about what he did and he's very sorry that it didn't work

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sagebrush posted:

It is said that those who work forces are the same that burn crosses.

if Betsy devos can be secEd then Tom Morello can be AG

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Nah, this is the beginning, not the end.
beginning of what? white supremacy has been a primary driving political force of us politics for 160 years. the demographic change is real and the reason they're getting so mad is all their old tricks aren't working anymore. georgia just elected a black senator. all the gerrymandering, voter supression, intimidation, ratfucking, etc. is starting to reach the end of its useful life. most of those places where you see all the trump flags they're there because there's an immigrant or poc community in the same district who does all the actual work they want to intimidate.

don't get me wrong, it's going to take a loooooong rear end time to change, it's not going to be a smooth, continuous process, democrats are going to get more conservative and racist too but I think we've hit peak chud

Agile Vector posted:

i know the intention isn't that here, but it angers me that this term became a casual phrase because of its use as coded language for anti-semitic views and feels uncomfortably at-home with the other q crap
I think a lot of people don't know this and just think it's fun, kind of like the whole zombie trend of the naughts when a lot of the randos who watch walking dead didn't know a lot of the discussion was actually coded for a race war

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

beginning of what?

Open reactionary violence against society and the government.

There was a poster who lived through the Serbia poo poo in the nineties a while back, he said that it really started popping off when the civil authorities made it clear that they were going to do nothing to control non-state violent actors.

That's what we saw happen yesterday.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1347081938302087171

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Trump doesn't matter in the end, the issue is that 30-40% of America hates the rest of America and will rally around anyone who promises to hurt them.

You can't have a functioning nation when a third of it only wants to hurt the other two thirds. They don't give a gently caress about their lives, their children, their communities, nothing, only hurting anyone who isn't like them.

This summer I did a lot of cycling in the back country and went by a lot of shacks like this

just festooned with Trump poo poo. he didn't make their material conditions better, but he did hurt other people, and that's all they care about.

If they can't have America to themselves, they'll burn it down on their way out.

You need them to be able to vote for their own good before you can make a call on how many of them only care about hurting anyone who isn't like them. They might side more with "more for us" than "gently caress you" if that was a choice.

But there's 15%+ of "just gently caress everyone up" even in northern Europe, so not looking good.

Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/yoomarscomin/status/1347561595094888450

God exists and he's got a dark sense of humor.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/HillaryHolley4/status/1347247997286051840

it's still hyper illegal to protest cop murder, but now it's de facto cool to storm capitol buildings

Apr 7, 2003

endlessmonotony posted:

You need them to be able to vote for their own good before you can make a call on how many of them only care about hurting anyone who isn't like them. They might side more with "more for us" than "gently caress you" if that was a choice.

But there's 15%+ of "just gently caress everyone up" even in northern Europe, so not looking good.

That 30-40% of Americans I mentioned have internalized propaganda that says that government is just there to bother you and get in your way.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

endlessmonotony posted:

that, my friend, is the most misplaced "even" ever

Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

https://twitter.com/HillaryHolley4/status/1347247997286051840

it's still hyper illegal to protest cop murder, but now it's de facto cool to storm capitol buildings

Save that tweet, you'll be posting minor variations of it for the next few years

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Open reactionary violence against society and the government.

this has been happening forever. it's just visible now. do you think the kkk "riders", the tulsa massacre and lynchings don't count?

the capital class doesn't like violence. the people wanting to do the violence aren't organized and hate each other almost as much as the 'bad guys" there were hundreds, maybe thousands of people claiming oath keeper or three percenter membership at the capital who didn't do a god drat thing besides run away and the whole point of these organizations was to be ready for that exact moment

reactionary creeps are dangerous to individuals but they pose no threat to the state

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

that, my friend, is the most misplaced "even" ever

lol northern Europe remains hosed up, but there is a strong consensus toward upholding the common good.

Of course the racists want to keep anyone remotely brown out on top of that, but they generally don't want to vote for anyone making things lovely for them.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/propagabba/status/1347316251316523010?s=21

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
It's why it's possible to pick out the fucks entirely lost to hate and brainworms from the people who are just ordinary racists.

Voting for things that are bad for brown people? Could be either.

Voting for racism and dismantling public healthcare? Brainworms.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

holy gently caress

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

If poo poo like this was in a tv show the writers would get fired.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

rofl

let's take a tally of the deaths yesterday

1) military servicemember who committed insurrection: executed by gunfire
2) policeman killed by a fire extinguisher to the head: had trump's 757 as his twitter profile banner
3) woman carrying "don't tread on me" flag: trampled to death
4) man who posted picture of himself with machine guns daring anyone to attack: accidentally tazed himself until he died

what incredible irony is there gonna be for person #5

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
God's a sick gently caress.

A funny sick gently caress, but a sick gently caress nonetheless.

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

this has been happening forever. it's just visible now. do you think the kkk "riders", the tulsa massacre and lynchings don't count?

the capital class doesn't like violence. the people wanting to do the violence aren't organized and hate each other almost as much as the 'bad guys" there were hundreds, maybe thousands of people claiming oath keeper or three percenter membership at the capital who didn't do a god drat thing besides run away and the whole point of these organizations was to be ready for that exact moment

reactionary creeps are dangerous to individuals but they pose no threat to the state

Less than 48 hours ago, the president whipped up a crowd of brownshirts by telling them their future was being stolen from them and exhorted them to march to the capitol to take it back. When they arrived, the capitol police let them in and took selfies with them. Trump tweeted that Mike Pence was a traitor as they stormed the building chantiing that they were going to hang him.

I admire your optimism though.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

rofl

2) policeman killed by a fire extinguisher to the head: had trump's 757 as his twitter profile banner
4) man who posted picture of himself with machine guns daring anyone to attack: accidentally tazed himself until he died

There was another guy who fell down the capitol stairs and got brained IIRC.

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

rofl

You missed the guy who fell off the wall and died.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Less than 48 hours ago, the president whipped up a crowd of brownshirts by telling them their future was being stolen from them and exhorted them to march to the capitol to take it back. When they arrived, the capitol police let them in and took selfies with them. Trump tweeted that Mike Pence was a traitor as they stormed the building chantiing that they were going to hang him.

and they holed up in their bunker and had a fun watch party with dancing!

https://twitter.com/wayne_courts/status/1347445212726128643

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

rofl

good poo poo

Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/christina_bobb/status/1347596278583197698

Nothing to worry about.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol even the chud can't believe they're doing it. he says "they're gonna lock us in"

all of the cops in that video should be charged with treason.

oh wait never mind

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

and they holed up in their bunker and had a fun watch party with dancing!

https://twitter.com/wayne_courts/status/1347445212726128643

seems like consciousness of guilt

coupled with the fact that so many security apparatuses were intentionally dismantled, yeah it's pretty obvious that trump wanted this. amazing that you can try to orchestrate the murder of a co-equal branch of government and get the 'welp now is the time to move forward and heal' treatment

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1347601909830594562?s=20

lmfao

Apr 7, 2003

I am 110% convinced that had Ralph Northam not sent in the Virginia National Guard this would have succeeded.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the ultimate result of which was trump conceding and begging twitter for his account back

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

qirex posted:

the ultimate result of which was trump conceding and begging twitter for his account back

there was no concession whatsoever, much less a reversal of the 'it's all a fraud!! they STOLE it from you and i love you!!' poo poo, just more coded language

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

can't we just, like, organize a huge trump perma-party in the nevada desert or something (theme it "like burning man but without all the queers" or something) and then after it gets good and goin just set off an atomic bomb

we had the opportunity with sturgis tbh but we missed it.

futurama did it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

he just thinks it's new because suddenly he's in the crosshairs

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1347585674204098566

no need to impeach he learned his lesson

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

We're 48 hours out, you don't know what the ultimate result' is.

Apr 7, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

he just thinks it's new because suddenly he's in the crosshairs

Can you point out the last time a sitting president attempted to commit a coup against the federal government? I missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

This country is utterly hosed no matter how this all works out, but let's have some good lmaos first.

a man tasered his balls until they exploded then he died lol