Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
can't get kerry's butt rock version of chippin in out of my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liveware
Feb 5, 2014

Shumagorath posted:

I know I keep harping on this but it's weird that they gave you literally bit of their NPC generator in the the character creation wizard yet left out the horimono.

It was almost like they toyed with the idea for the hand slot tattoo but then decided not to let you go full yakuza for some reason.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Questions about Pisces the quest with Judy where you try to take over leadership of Clouds.

What was the point of making the dolls into secret ninjas? The whole meeting with the Tiger Claws leadership happens in the penthouse like 40-50 stories away from the dolls. If the plan as stated (before Maiko fucks it up) was for me to kill that dude, what were they doing? If they were supposed to be showing themselves as strong enough to hold the club by themselves, shouldn't they have been the ones to go upstairs and kill the honcho? There's 3 dolls upstairs when you get there, so it apparently wouldn't have been a problem to get them in place. Also... shouldn't this be like a Mox storyline since that's kind of their deal?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do you ever fight the Arasaka terminator ninjas from the Takemura escape sequence as enemies?

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Bedurndurn posted:

Questions about Pisces the quest with Judy where you try to take over leadership of Clouds.

What was the point of making the dolls into secret ninjas? The whole meeting with the Tiger Claws leadership happens in the penthouse like 40-50 stories away from the dolls. If the plan as stated (before Maiko fucks it up) was for me to kill that dude, what were they doing? If they were supposed to be showing themselves as strong enough to hold the club by themselves, shouldn't they have been the ones to go upstairs and kill the honcho? There's 3 dolls upstairs when you get there, so it apparently wouldn't have been a problem to get them in place. Also... shouldn't this be like a Mox storyline since that's kind of their deal?

The dolls cleared out the Tygerclaws at Clouds while you did your thing. The Moxxes didn't help because their leadership wasn't interested in helping - the gang isn't quite as charitable as it was in the old days.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Bedurndurn posted:

If you read between the lines, the Mox was in on the take at Clouds so their leader (I think it's Susie Q, you see her talking to Judy a few times) just kept looking away. Judy knew this and was getting disillusioned with them.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah. Essentially Judy is still enough of a true believer or optimist that she wants a go at making things better, actually living to the Moxes' motto, so to speak, while Susie and Maiko are more about the realities of the business. If you go along with Judy's original plan, nice as it sounds, there's too much blowback, and if you go with Maiko, it's same poo poo, different management. Either way, Judy is burned.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

deep dish peat moss posted:

Does he not? I only played as far as, uhh, the mission where you go with him to scope out an arasaka warehouse and then break in sneakilykill everyone, and I never called anyone or read text messages all game so I didn't interact with him much, but I remember hating him because all he talked about was wanting his honor back or whatever and I felt like he was just a chump simping for Arasaka and trying to get his job back. Wasn't his whole plan for the parade or whatever literally going in to talk to whatever girl it was so that she could make everything right, peacefully take the chip from you and give him his job back?

He lets you know he wants back in to Arasaka, he doesn't spell it out that he only cares about you insofar as you can accomplish those goals. Takemura seems friendly, and he's completely brainwashed, so it possibly never occurs to him that in order to get back into Arasaka he's going to have to sell you out at some point. It's more likely that he knows you're either going to have to join Arasaka or they're going to have to kill you, he's just ok with it either way and hopes that you don't realize it until it's too late to back out.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
I just realized the sun in this graphic is a skull

Now I must have it on a tank irl ... dam

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
some kind angel made a nexus mod pack thats just 1 GB of images of every piece of player clothing in the game and each img is titled the itemID to spawn it with the console. blessings to them

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/573

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Mr. Pool posted:

some kind angel made a nexus mod pack thats just 1 GB of images of every piece of player clothing in the game and each img is titled the itemID to spawn it with the console. blessings to them

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/573
This is cool and legitimately helpful, but why do so many data rippers insist on using weird archive formats. Who uses .rar or .7z in the year 2021? .zip won, it's officially a part of most OSes now, why use proprietary compression software guys?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
everybody should install 7-zip, i used to use it almost every day at one point

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Infinite Karma posted:

This is cool and legitimately helpful, but why do so many data rippers insist on using weird archive formats. Who uses .rar or .7z in the year 2021? .zip won, it's officially a part of most OSes now, why use proprietary compression software guys?

Modern processors are good enough that you should just always use LZMA instead of DEFLATE. The latter might as well just be a tar ball.

(exception: deflate/zip is good for low resource embedded devices)

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

hobbesmaster posted:

Modern processors are good enough that you should just always use LZMA instead of DEFLATE. The latter might as well just be a tar ball.

(exception: deflate/zip is good for low resource embedded devices)
Half of everyone's files are on the cloud now, and everyone has massive amounts of storage. Interoperability is a way bigger deal that the efficiency differences for consumer stuff. Running some janky utility software instead of embedded functions is a waste, but doubly so if you're trying to make things accessible for non-geeks.

At the very least, installing janky utility software is bad security practice.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Why are you acting like 7-zip is weird or janky? It's a great tool and compresses better than zip.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It’s also the same number of clicks to decompress to the current folder as windows’ native zip client.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah. Essentially Judy is still enough of a true believer or optimist that she wants a go at making things better, actually living to the Moxes' motto, so to speak, while Susie and Maiko are more about the realities of the business. If you go along with Judy's original plan, nice as it sounds, there's too much blowback, and if you go with Maiko, it's same poo poo, different management. Either way, Judy is burned.

I laughed my rear end off when I met with Judy literally a day after (I did the Clouds mission, then the train heist with Panam and that's it) to go scuba diving and she was depressed because the new autonomous cyberhooker collective had already collapsed and Tom was dead. It would've been a little less unintentionally comedic if they had added a little more quest progression before the next step fired. As it is, I think they may have failed while I was still taking the elevator down from the penthouse. :ughh:

That does bring up another topic though, put me down firmly in the camp that NPCs should probably be playersexual. I'm not done with the game and I'm already 100 hours in. Probably never going to replay it. If you're going to write only 4 romances, you might as well let me pick whichever one I want. I could see being more restrictive if there were actually plenty of fish in the sea, but as is, there's literally one fish per sex & orientation.

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 12, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Magus42 posted:

Why are you acting like 7-zip is weird or janky? It's a great tool and compresses better than zip.

Yeah I don't get what's weird about 7z, though .rar I grant you is a bit dated at this point.

Well maybe on embedded platforms as mentioned (I've actually used zlib in that context a couple times and lzma may have been more effort, but then again that was less about compressing files and more about compressing data streams and also I've already had zlib linked in the first place so I didn't think too much about it).

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 12, 2021

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Compression formats should be player sexual.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

afflictionwisp posted:

Was watching endings on youtube, and I have a question. I played the Rouge ending. During the last bit of dialog between V and Johnny in Mikoshi, V says she wants to continue living, and thanked Johnny as he walked the bridge. But then I see this version, dude picks the exact same dialog options as me, but V / Johnny exchange is different, V references a plan to have Johnny keep her body while she stays an engram, and digitally whips Johnny's rear end on the bridge. Do we know what this difference is dependent on?

I had this on my first playthrough ending. Memory hazy but I think it was part of a conversation where I told Johnny that if I was cactus that he should take over or something. The best part is since you're playing as Johnny at that point V is now the ghost. Basically V is angry Silverhand isn't taking over her body as previously agreed - she's already at peace with her death..

Stealth edit - whoops spoiler tags had a typo.

Anyway despite his many character flaws I really liked Silverhand. Keanu played him really well.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 12, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I truly don’t know what the gently caress they were thinking with these boxing missions. Whoever designed these is a loving idiot.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

I truly don’t know what the gently caress they were thinking with these boxing missions. Whoever designed these is a loving idiot.

They're hot bullshit. The Twins in Kabuki turned me off them entirely.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I can't get over that the guy who wants to bet ALL HIS MONEY AND HIS CAR, risking the financial security of his family, wants you to put up like 4000, and the guy with an okay sniper rifle is like 12k or nothing

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I didn’t buy a single new car in my whole last playthrough of the game. Like half of the sub quests I had left were just to buy a car. Was there some reason I should care about cars that I missed?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Jackie's (free) bike is basically an endgame vehicle, so not really. Maybe in future with some DLC in place.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The only good thing about owning a car is using it as portable stash that you can call to your location. Don't use the very first car in the game for it though because you'll lose everything you stored in it if anything would ever happen to it. No idea why it's not connected with your flat's stash, probably 'my immersion' would be ruined so everything must be as tedious as humanly possible.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the quadra cthulu that you get for teaching Claire that revenge is bad is the best car in the game, other than that and the maimai don't bother

at any other time just get on jackie or scorpion's bike in first person go as fast as possible into incoming traffic and hope this song comes on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV3_G3NDCPg

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Palpek posted:

The only good thing about owning a car is using it as portable stash that you can call to your location. Don't use the very first car in the game for it though because you'll lose everything you stored in it if anything would ever happen to it. No idea why it's not connected with your flat's stash, probably 'my immersion' would be ruined so everything must be as tedious as humanly possible.
I don’t know what I would want to use a stash for in the first place. Can’t you carry like 300 items and there’s no weight limit? And I only carry like my five or so best weapons at a time.

Edit: I guess there’s those racing missions where you can choose to go in your vehicle or hers. I just did the first one in her SUV and easily won; is it possible to win all of them just using hers?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jan 12, 2021

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don’t know what I would want to use a stash for in the first place. Can’t you carry like 300 items and there’s no weight limit?

what

you can find like 5000 clothing items and yes you have a weight limit

the car drive-in closet is for the end game: photo shoots

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Also, yesterday I tried playing the game in Japanese a bit. The female MC voice is way more badass in Japanese but I didn’t particularly like most of the others. And of course Keanu is Keanu.

I wish I could set it per character. The idea would totally be supported by the world since everyone has auto translators anyway.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Edit: I guess there’s those racing missions where you can choose to go in your vehicle or hers. I just did the first one in her SUV and easily won; is it possible to win all of them just using hers?
Yeah, they're all trivially easy with her truck.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

If you do them in a caliburn she can't shoot anyone because of the suicide doors or whatever they are called. I found this hilarious.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just buy a Javelina and a Kusanagi and you're set. I have like 15 cars now but those are the only ones I use. Both coolest looking and best handling vehicles in the game and not even that expensive.

lemonadesweetheart posted:

If you do them in a caliburn she can't shoot anyone because of the suicide doors or whatever they are called. I found this hilarious.

If you do them in a javelina she just clips through the armored window lol.

Also, speaking of the racing. Wtf is the point of the shooting in the racing? Like they just shoot guns at each other...ok. Doesn't seem like it affects anything or anyone dies. Afaik the game doesn't say they are using non lethal rounds or anything. it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 12, 2021

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Shion coyote is nice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shion coyote is nice.

Yeah I just bought that one and really like it.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don’t know what I would want to use a stash for in the first place. Can’t you carry like 300 items and there’s no weight limit? And I only carry like my five or so best weapons at a time.

The weight limit number is carry capacity in pounds, not number of items. Each item has a weight in the bottom corner of the tooltip and big stuff like sniper rifles weigh a lot while tiny things like consumables weighing basically nothing (or literally nothing in quite a few cases).

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the Gecko is badass because it does city streets and the badlands equally well

4WD, an actual suspension, still 170 MPH flat in several seconds

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
the rattler is badass because it turns getting from a to b without running over a pedestrian into a minigame. (I just like the way it handles, hard as it may be too keep under control at full throttle)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shion coyote is nice.

Yeah. Unnecessary as an "upgrade" but by golly its a fun drive in itself.

Still need a little more ground clearance but then again it's the wrong chassis for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

There's a car you can find in the Wraith tunnel.

I also saved up my eddies for the "Jenn Rowley" and then played the Dukes of Hazzard theme.