Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fuzz posted:

Okay, what the gently caress.

I beat the game completing basically every mission on a Pistols/Crafting/Hacking build... I wanted to try out a Blades/Cool/Crafting build and started a new game with a female V. Things are going swimmingly.

I start randomly having the game crash to desktop sometimes during firefights near crime areas... this did not happen in 120+ hours of the first playthrough. Weird. I keep playing Act 1 and get to The Pickup and decide to pay with a wiped Militech shard rather than just blow Royce's brains out and save Brick, like I did last time... and yeah, in the ensuing combat part, I cannot complete it because it invariably will crash to desktop halfway through.

Playing on an i7-8700k with a 3080 Founder's Edition, had perfect 90ish FPS with everything maxed gameplay all the time on my first playthrough... now randomly when I try to reload saves to get through this mission, the DLSS Quality will pick some SUPER low lovely res or maybe it's just some weird artifact, but everything is grainy and lovely until I reboot my computer. Still can't get through the mission, it's like the game has sprung some sort of massive memory leak out of nowhere, and now is super unstable.

Anyone else have this? No patches since playing the first playthrough, no changes to my graphics drivers though I tried upgrading to the newest (Jan 7) game ready drivers just to be sure.

Really loving weird.

Can you confirm your GPU is ok? That sounds like a display driver crash. If you have adjusted the boost curve for overclocking or undervolting I’d return to stock. If you look at gpuz or similar and see your card sitting at max temperature you may have had a fan die or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

hobbesmaster posted:

Can you confirm your GPU is ok? That sounds like a display driver crash. If you have adjusted the boost curve for overclocking or undervolting I’d return to stock. If you look at gpuz or similar and see your card sitting at max temperature you may have had a fan die or something.

I'm not OCing anything, but will grab GPU-Z and take a look.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Fuzz posted:

Okay, what the gently caress.

I beat the game completing basically every mission on a Pistols/Crafting/Hacking build... I wanted to try out a Blades/Cool/Crafting build and started a new game with a female V. Things are going swimmingly.

I start randomly having the game crash to desktop sometimes during firefights near crime areas... this did not happen in 120+ hours of the first playthrough. Weird. I keep playing Act 1 and get to The Pickup and decide to pay with a wiped Militech shard rather than just blow Royce's brains out and save Brick, like I did last time... and yeah, in the ensuing combat part, I cannot complete it because it invariably will crash to desktop halfway through.

Playing on an i7-8700k with a 3080 Founder's Edition, had perfect 90ish FPS with everything maxed gameplay all the time on my first playthrough... now randomly when I try to reload saves to get through this mission, the DLSS Quality will pick some SUPER low lovely res or maybe it's just some weird artifact, but everything is grainy and lovely until I reboot my computer. Still can't get through the mission, it's like the game has sprung some sort of massive memory leak out of nowhere, and now is super unstable.

Anyone else have this? No patches since playing the first playthrough, no changes to my graphics drivers though I tried upgrading to the newest (Jan 7) game ready drivers just to be sure.

Really loving weird.

Yes that's certainly in line with what happened. Oh! Sorry, you want a solution. Um... well... download it again?:shrug:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Zeta Acosta posted:

mgsv is another example of hell development and that game killed the ip. also the story and characters are loving trash

It was good as gently caress and spoiled me because it's so tonally different to the other MGS games that I can't really get into them when I try them

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

hobbesmaster posted:

Checked up on it, fans are all working, voltages are nice and stable, fans aren't even going to max with the game running. GPU temp is 50 C, which is nothing for stock setup.

Totally confused over what the hell changed in the game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I said it a while back, but I think even trying to incorporate GTA style police stuff was a mistake. They tried to make these police chases that were a direct copy of what GTA does without the capability of pulling it off, which makes it way more glaring than it needs to be. I honestly can't think of a time I intentionally tried to rack up the police meter. It's always the result of me accidentally bumping into a pedestrian or something. it's just a nuisance that detracts from the game.

I think a crime system that involves sending random encounters with bounty hunters, blade runner types that get increasingly harder depending on the level of crime would have been both thematically more interesting, and easier to pull off if they couldn't implement proper chase mechanics.

In a lot of ways the failed open world stuff is a failure of not thinking outside the box and just trying to do the status quo for contemporary open world games, as much as it's a failure on a mechanical level. CP2077 didn't need to be so easily comparable to a rockstar game to begin with and I don't understand why they went so hard in that direction if they couldn't make it work.

They just straight up don't have what it takes to actually make a competent open world game

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It’s 50C while running the level?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

2house2fly posted:

It was good as gently caress and spoiled me because it's so tonally different to the other MGS games that I can't really get into them when I try them

MGS5 has all the great things about a Kojima production (lightly deployed goofy humor, a surprising amount of "immersive sim" interlocking system design) and very few of the bad things (pervy cutscenes, expository cutscenes, other kinds of cutscenes, VA from David Hayter)

enigmatikone
Sep 30, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Checked up on it, fans are all working, voltages are nice and stable, fans aren't even going to max with the game running. GPU temp is 50 C, which is nothing for stock setup.

Are you running any mods? I'd try verifying the files or reinstalling if it persists. Also, try reinstalling the older video driver. I've heard some people are having problems with the new driver.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Fuzz posted:

50C GPU is just above standby, most GPU will push 90C when running full (unless there is some new range of GPU that runs much cooler now). Sounds like the GPU is going into limp mode and throttling itself or there is something wrong with the game or the driver, if it happens in other graphically intensive stuff you will know which. If you run diagnostic stuff and track the graph before and after it happens you should be able to see if the GPUs clock or some other part suddenly drops down.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Stock thermal target on ampere is 83C. It would aggressively downclock to save the card above 91 I think?

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I think people tend to forget that both GTA and Watch Dogs also have teleporting psychic cops. Dealing with them was always aggravating for me. I'm sort of glad cops got cut out of Cyberpunk.

Only Driver did it well.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Trickyblackjack posted:

I think people tend to forget that both GTA and Watch Dogs also have teleporting psychic cops. Dealing with them was always aggravating for me. I'm sort of glad cops got cut out of Cyberpunk.

Only Driver did it well.

What

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Still just absolutely gobsmacked that anyone could favorably compare Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Grand Theft Auto V to this game. I feel like 2077 pantses both of those games without even being finished.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

They just straight up don't have what it takes to actually make a competent open world game

The Witcher 3 is one of the most decorated and beloved video games of all time, this is revisionist malarkey

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Still just absolutely gobsmacked that anyone could favorably compare Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Grand Theft Auto V to this game. I feel like 2077 pantses both of those games without even being finished.

It’s like we were given two different versions of the game.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Driver SF man, play it.

Edit:or did you mean GTA cops aren't psychic?

Trickyblackjack fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jan 14, 2021

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

Trickyblackjack posted:

Only Driver did it well.

I don't know about Watch Dogs, but GTA has a much better cop system than CP. In GTA, the cops generally spawn out of sight range and can follow you in cars, for instance.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I hope they focus on improving the open world aspects of the game and add mod support. But I have a feeling that getting old consoles up to performance standards and keeping it there will prevent CDPR from adding the necessary improvements to AI, and anything else that would require more processing power to create more fleshed out systems.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

The Gadfly posted:

I don't know about Watch Dogs, but GTA has a much better cop system than CP. In GTA, the cops generally spawn out of sight range and can follow you in cars, for instance.

I definitely did not mean that that CP2077 cops were better than GTA cops, far from it. I just meant that I never really had much fun with how cops were implemented in these other games (again, except for in Driver SF :allears:) , so I'm kind of glad CDPR cut cops down so much that they are basically a non-entity.

I should also add that I did not follow the pre-release marketing, so I don't know if GTA open-world cop shenanigans was a feature ~promised~ to us gamers.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

panascope posted:

It's basically how much people are willing to forgive for a game that tickles the genre they like.

No way this game beats GTA V though lol

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Sedisp posted:

It's basically how much people are willing to forgive for a game that tickles the genre they like.

No way this game beats GTA V though lol

Yeah rockstar might make a game that isn't to your personal tastes but it's objectively loving incredible. CDPR made a great game and then didn't.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

The Witcher 3 is one of the most decorated and beloved video games of all time, this is revisionist malarkey

The Witcher 3 is a great RPG. But the open world gameplay isn’t exactly why it’s so good. And you know it and I know it

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Trickyblackjack posted:

I definitely did not mean that that CP2077 cops were better than GTA cops, far from it. I just meant that I never really had much fun with how cops were implemented in these other games (again, except for in Driver SF :allears:) , so I'm kind of glad CDPR cut cops down so much that they are basically a non-entity.

I should also add that I did not follow the pre-release marketing, so I don't know if GTA open-world cop shenanigans was a feature ~promised~ to us gamers.

I had fun with GTA5 cops having running battles with increasing force all over the map.
Red Dead 2's cops are even better and much less psychic.
I'd say DX:HR is still better than this game, I didn't bounce right off it and start playing other games for starters. Probably because it had a cohesive structure and wasn't a hot mess.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The Witcher 3 is a great RPG. But the open world gameplay isn’t exactly why it’s so good. And you know it and I know it

It is thought because TW3 open world fits the story. It may not have great interactivity but that's ok because the slowness kind of fits the tale. The open world in TW3 isn't an amazing example of open world interactivity. It is a good example of the open world fitting the story.

CP77 is the perfect example of what not to do. It has a world that you want to get to know and become a part of. It has a story that tells you to ignore that poo poo you have stuff to get to and fast.

E: I'm gonna be angry if the DLC is not V. I mean gently caress you I went through a bunch of stupid bullshit with V that makes no loving sense but gently caress you i finished that dumb poo poo and now you're passing me a new character? gently caress you what about all the work I put into getting V's reflex maxed? What about all that dumb poo poo I did?

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 14, 2021

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

Trickyblackjack posted:

I followed the prerelease marketing, and yeah they didn't promise anything and made it very clear that everything is subject to change. The only thing that they confirmed is that there exists a police system, but they didn't give any further details.

Improvements to these systems are just my personal hope for the game. I don't expect it, or claim that it is in scope for their vision of the game. The physics and ai systems, or lack thereof, are getting memed on pretty hard though, and it is something that probably has the most room for improvement.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
V did all the police work in night town even when there are super cops that fly around in flying troop transports that never show up unless its a scripted event.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChotXSY7Ytc

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

panascope posted:

That dude does nothing but post complete hot garbage

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

The best thing the game did for me was finally make me play Prey.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Six AM posted:

That dude does nothing but post complete hot garbage

why are you so emotionally invested in this?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

So is the video worth actually watching or is everything covered in the infographic?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Vadoc posted:

Does the prologue Biotechnica undercover agent choice in the Corpo lifepath do anything?

There's only one choice in the game that has any impact whatsoever and it's one hour before the ending. Nothing else has any payoff.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Sedisp posted:

The best thing the game did for me was finally make me play Prey.

Haha, same here, actually. Also a really heavily modded oblivion

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

hobbesmaster posted:

To be clear my problem with the “roadmap” is it has a list of stuff listed under an entire year long period which is not a roadmap.

I dunno about you, but I feel like I'm pretty well over hard release dates that can't be delayed without death threats and can't be met without crunch. Maybe that's just me.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I dunno about you, but I feel like I'm pretty well over hard release dates that can't be delayed without death threats and can't be met without crunch. Maybe that's just me.

Everyone needs a little threat of death to get them up in the morning after a nice healthy 20 hour session of crunch.

Hope you're doing okay.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Imagine playing Oblivion in tyool 2021

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
i don't think i've ever enjoyed oblivion, I've tried too, but goddamn that game does everything it can to make me not give one gently caress.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bethesda has never made a good game in their life.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
The sad thing is that i really liked the game but everyway you see there is something broken. It's not like the pc version is spotless. This game was probably straight up unplayable in April 2020.
It's on the consumers and everything but cdpr joined the buy the heavily discounted goty edition. W3 was never as broken at least on pc

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It is thought because TW3 open world fits the story. It may not have great interactivity but that's ok because the slowness kind of fits the tale. The open world in TW3 isn't an amazing example of open world interactivity. It is a good example of the open world fitting the story.

CP77 is the perfect example of what not to do. It has a world that you want to get to know and become a part of. It has a story that tells you to ignore that poo poo you have stuff to get to and fast.

??? In Witcher 3 the main story is Emperor commanding you to rescue your beloved daughter from bloodthirsty monsters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

What would it take, goon employee of this particular video game, to get what I would like put into the game? Because I would quite like about 50% more nipples. Now, I won't threaten your life to get this done but let's just say that I will threaten... your... life. ok?

Video games!