Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most Overrated Stat Compiling QB
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Tony Romo
Philip Rivers
View Results

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Cousins is better than Matt Ryan. Diet Matt Ryan is like Derek Carr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Why isn't Matt Stafford a choice?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

General Dog posted:

Any stats he compiles in detroit is a triumph of human will.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Today I learned Kerry Collins was a career 40,000 yard passer, putting him ahead of Joe Montana, among others.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

General Dog posted:

Stafford actually makes comebacks.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Peyton Manning.

Compare 2004 regular season to 2004 playoffs for his apotheosis. Peyton at his most Peyton.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
idk how overrated Payton was by the end, everyone seemed to realize he was a regular season monster who kind of sucked in the playoffs

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
All qbs are overrated because they get all the credit for a team game

nah
Mar 16, 2009

sean10mm posted:

Peyton Manning.

Compare 2004 regular season to 2004 playoffs for his apotheosis. Peyton at his most Peyton.

So stark the entire league changed everything

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Nodoze posted:

Cousins is better than Matt Ryan. Diet Matt Ryan is like Derek Carr.

I'm not even a matt Ryan fan and this is wrong. I would never choose cousins over Ryan at any point in eithers career

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

most qbs being fine and comparable has done a number on online arguments. hollering that identical pokemon are completely different because one is of a docile nature and the other is serious

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cavauro posted:

most qbs being fine and comparable has done a number on online arguments. hollering that identical pokemon are completely different because one is of a docile nature and the other is serious

Yeah, but get this: Trubbish-ky

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Kalli posted:

The Nickelodeon type pokemon

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Metapod posted:

All qbs are overrated because they get all the credit for a team game

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Cavauro posted:

Identical pokemon having different natures is actually a big deal though!

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm not even a matt Ryan fan and this is wrong. I would never choose cousins over Ryan at any point in eithers career

Why

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

lol try walking into vgc with this attitude....

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Nodoze posted:

Identical pokemon having different natures is actually a big deal though!

Those two natures both do literally nothing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Zoran posted:

yeah and you wouldn’t want to compete with them!!!! DUH

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Zoran posted:

I was talking in general terms

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Rivers > Romo > Brees > Rodgers

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Why are Stafford and Dak not listed?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MrLogan posted:

Career length

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Stafford has more games than Romo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Stafford has more games than Romo.

Goddamn lol

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Carson Palmer comes to mind.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Carson Palmer comes to mind.

That's actually a really good one. He basically spent his whole career playing worse than Romo or Rivers (and had even fewer playoff wins) but was talked up as a big deal for over a friggin' decade.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

sean10mm posted:

That's actually a really good one. He basically spent his whole career playing worse than Romo or Rivers (and had even fewer playoff wins) but was talked up as a big deal for over a friggin' decade.

Hard to beat the guy with zero playoff wins or division titles in Stafford

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Drew was a definite stat whore, but he was pretty incredible prior to about 3 seasons ago. Especially given his limitations!

Philip Rivers was always likeable, but was also always overhyped

Tony Romo is a great announcer.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Grip it and rip it posted:

Drew was a definite stat whore, but he was pretty incredible prior to about 3 seasons ago. Especially given his limitations!

Philip Rivers was always likeable, but was also always overhyped

Tony Romo is a great announcer.

Romo was more fun than anybody this side of prime Favre because he had a similar LOL THAT WAS AMAZING and LOL THAT WAS DUMB ratio without much boring filler like "get 4 yards on 3rd & 4."

Plus most people recognize he was stuck playing for trash coaches and a drunk hillbilly huckster owner.

I think Stafford gets a pass because he played for the Lions.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

sean10mm posted:

Romo was more fun than anybody this side of prime Favre because he had a similar LOL THAT WAS AMAZING and LOL THAT WAS DUMB ratio without much boring filler like "get 4 yards on 3rd & 4."

Plus most people recognize he was stuck playing for trash coaches and a drunk hillbilly huckster owner.

I think Stafford gets a pass because he played for the Lions.

Reminder that Sean Payton tried to get Romo on his Saints team before he went after Brees.

MrLogan posted:

Stafford would need to be rated before he could be overrated. Stafford is a great QB but he's been just above the Dalton line.

Dak is too young really to be in the same ballpark.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Dak is in that weird place where half of his team's fanbase hates him even when he's playing well because racism he was holding back the coaching greats... Jason Garrett and Fat Mike... from making the Cowboys eternal champions.

Plus I feel like Stafford just stays below the radar and isn't really hyped or hated, he's just sorta there.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Out of those guys the only one who wasn't on a SB calibre roster was Romo. I think you put Romo on the best roster those other QBs played with before the Cowboys broke him and he gets a ring.

My order would be (best to worst) Rodgers Romo Brees Rivers. I have them always top 10 quarterbacks in their era, they're all good.

sean10mm posted:

Dak is in that weird place where half of his team's fanbase hates him even when he's playing well because racism he was holding back the coaching greats... Jason Garrett and Fat Mike... from making the Cowboys eternal champions.

Cowboys fans are just super entitled and in denial. They hated Romo too.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

Reminder that Sean Payton tried to get Romo on his Saints team before he went after Brees.

Stafford would need to be rated before he could be overrated. Stafford is a great QB but he's been just above the Dalton line.

Dak is too young really to be in the same ballpark.

Romo on the saints would have been a fun rear end offense

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
It's kind of disrespectful to be going off on these random tangents when the thread topic is clear. Especially so when the answer is a clear Romo.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I guess Rivers, but Romo has a good argument. The other two have rings which means their stats are by definition, not overrated loser qb stats.

Can't forget Rivers piling up the meaningless life stat of too many kids imo either.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Otoh Romo named one of his kids Rivers, so...

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I guess Rivers, but Romo has a good argument. The other two have rings which means their stats are by definition, not overrated loser qb stats.

Can't forget Rivers piling up the meaningless life stat of too many kids imo either.

I think it was a few years ago that Rivers had more kids than his backup QBs had career pass attempts or something like that. Obviously they could have been rookies but still lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

really queer Christmas posted:

Romo on the saints would have been a fun rear end offense

He sure as hell would have lasted a lot longer.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kalli posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Brett Favre