Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
re: costume talk, the classic crown thing she has in the comics would definitely work better on a villain than a hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh gently caress yes, the best X-man is back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NefSYpuIRoY

This show is giving me everything I want.

Only good thing about that movie but they did it even better when it first happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9GFyZ5LREQ

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Also re costume talk the trailers have shown on multiple occasions she and Vision dressed in the classic costumes, presumably for Halloween, but I wonder if an "incursion" occurs while trick or treating, leading to her keeping the crown as she made it

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Geo Fixer posted:

Maybe the person she's calling is someone fantastic?

Apparently, according to the Spanish subtitles, the person she's texting is female

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

I am thinking one or both of the kids are now in control, but before that someone is pulling the strings that set things in motion, they might not be in control of it all any more either OR still think they are in control but the kid/s are going to take them down. Just who it is, Agatha, Mephisto, Wolverine, who knows yet. Also 100% think that Monica already had powers from being exposed to something but this will turn them into super powers

Vanderdeath posted:

Fun fact: that dude is a local actor here in Atlanta and WandaVision is filmed here, so there's a non-0% chance that he might actually show up.

It was hilarious when I spotted him in Jumanji

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Lunatic Sledge posted:

re: costume talk, the classic crown thing she has in the comics would definitely work better on a villain than a hero
Haha, I was thinking the same.

swickles posted:

Also re costume talk the trailers have shown on multiple occasions she and Vision dressed in the classic costumes, presumably for Halloween, but I wonder if an "incursion" occurs while trick or treating, leading to her keeping the crown as she made it

And that would be a cool thing to happen! She crossing the wall once again and her Halloween costume taking a more real-life look

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Phylodox posted:

I don’t think they are. Otherwise Wanda’s magic would have looked cheap, too. I think what we’re reacting to is seeing these special effects in the context of sit-com cinematography; everything is evenly lit, no depth of field, shot with cheap video cameras instead of film or digital, etc.

They look like they're being pulled up by wires; most of the other types of flight / levitation choreography in the MCU is usually CGI if memory serves.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Desperado Bones posted:

And that would be a cool thing to happen! She crossing the wall once again and her Halloween costume taking a more real-life look

Oh I think you called this one. I'm already picturing this in my head.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Its either a nudge nudge wink wink that x-man quicksilver was "cast" or it's basically multiple dimension hoopla because mcu quicksilver is dead dead xman uni quick isnt. So you pull from where they live? Maybe this is a different vision aswell? Who knows!

I mean this is what into the spiderverse taught me anyway. Just steal your alternate dimension family that isnt dead as gently caress. And have peter b parker show up like that slob he is.

Speaking of Spiderverse, the end stinger is a spider man who has the technology to fully use inter-dementional uh travel. And does exactly that meeting old spidey man for hahas. Imma place my monies on a multiverse animated spidey showing up and just being like, "first time with the multi-verse huh?"

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 5, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Its either a nudge nudge wink wink that x-man quicksilver was "cast" or it's basically multiple dimension hoopla because mcu quicksilver is dead dead xman uni quick isnt. So you pull from where they live? Maybe this is a different vision aswell? Who knows!

I mean this is what into the spiderverse taught me anyway. Just steal your alternate dimension family that isnt dead as gently caress. And have peter b parker show up like that slob he is.

Speaking of Spiderverse, the end stinger is a spider man who has the technology to fully use inter-dementional uh travel. And does exactly that meeting old spidey man for hahas. Imma place my monies on a multiverse an animated spidey showing up and just being like, "first time with the multi-verse huh?"

Speculation but it would be a pretty big stretch for an in-universe explanation as to why 34 year-old Evan Peters has silver hair otherwise.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Haven't read into actual contracts and legalities of haveing the mcu quik vs the fox quik. Evan peters seems like the kinda actor who'll show up for a cameo or to be killed off for any reason for the hell of it.

multi dimensional stuff would be very cool even if they go deeper into it in the next phase of movies

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Klungar posted:

Apparently, according to the Spanish subtitles, the person she's texting is female

Come on Marvel, give me Toni Ho. She even hung out with Monica in her latest comics iteration. Wanda and her can bond over having their fathers killed by Stark weaponry. Also she even tinkered around on Vision at some point.
I don't care that her dad was under the impression that his whole family was already dead in Iron Man. Who even remembers what happened in the first hour of the MCU?
It's really unlikely to happen, but assuming you'd want to introduce her, this would be the best chance to do so.
I just want to have the cool purple-haired science genius in MCU.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phylodox posted:

No, he's obviously a riff on Uncle Jesse from Full House.

I think the problem in the show is that Wanda has somehow been imbued with the powers of all of the Infinity Stones, whereas before she only wielded the power of the Mind Stone. So she might not be fully aware of what she's doing or how, only that it's happening and that she wants it to keep happening.

In fairness, it's not a million miles away from how Peters plays Quicksilver in the X-Men movies. I can definitely see them maybe doing a thing where if he leaves the bubble he'll go back to being Joe Schmoe/evaporate or something, but he'll have, oh, 10 seconds before it happens, so we get a cool superspeed sequence where he has to do something at the SWORD base before his power runs out.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/KirbyKrackleArt/status/1357470058784710656?s=20

Kirby on The Incredible Hulk

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Also, is this the first episode which states that Westview is in New Jersey? Do you know who is notorious for being from New Jersey and happens to have a series later this year?
Calling it: Wanda's weirdness will give Kamala her Ms. Marvel powers.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

:psyduck: oh my god... The "For the children" phrase wasn't about trying to convince Wanda to have children, it was everyone talking about following this messy theater of torture for their children's safety. "Those little girls and boys are counting on us. All of this, it's for the children." Someone is using the town's children as leverage or something.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Gaz-L posted:

In fairness, it's not a million miles away from how Peters plays Quicksilver in the X-Men movies. I can definitely see them maybe doing a thing where if he leaves the bubble he'll go back to being Joe Schmoe/evaporate or something, but he'll have, oh, 10 seconds before it happens, so we get a cool superspeed sequence where he has to do something at the SWORD base before his power runs out.

Or this is a double-crossover and Peters is Mephisto chanelling one of his characters from American Horror Story

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They seem to be a bit inconsistent on how the control of the townspeople works. Possibly deliberately so. "Norm" was clearly totally unaware until Vision snapped him out of it, but Agnes was self-aware enough to realise that Vision messed up the 'take'.

EDIT: Speculation about Vision stuff: SWORD guy is definitely hiding that they were ignoring Vizh's living will and experimenting on his body, right? Wanda found out, was pissed and stole it back, then Westview happened?

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 6, 2021

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Gaz-L posted:

They seem to be a bit inconsistent on how the control of the townspeople works. Possibly deliberately so. "Norm" was clearly totally unaware until Vision snapped him out of it, but Agnes was self-aware enough to realise that Vision messed up the 'take'.

EDIT: Speculation about Vision stuff: SWORD guy is definitely hiding that they were ignoring Vizh's living will and experimenting on his body, right? Wanda found out, was pissed and stole it back, then Westview happened?

Unless Agnes is playing by different rules than everyone else.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Apropos of nothing, I hope the focus on New Jersey / the east coast in general can one be balanced out with West Coast Avengers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

Apropos of nothing, I hope the focus on New Jersey / the east coast in general can one be balanced out with West Coast Avengers.

I know the Hawkeye series is probably gonna be NYC, but I really like the Kelly Thompson run where Kate sets up as LA's worst PI.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

There is a shot in one of the trailers that I thought was Wanda assaulting the camp outside, but now i think is from a flashback we'll get, probably next week, of Wanda rescuing Visions body from SWORD. She probably was told that he'd get a respectful burial, then found out that, no Vision is being deconstructed. That is probably why she went off her nut and attacked everyone.

And with Agnes being more aware than everyone else shows that she is more a part of this than the others. She has much more agency than the others, and often is driving Wanda and Vision to fullfill their roles

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gaz-L posted:

I know the Hawkeye series is probably gonna be NYC, but I really like the Kelly Thompson run where Kate sets up as LA's worst PI.

It is nice when Marvel acknowledge that there is a whole world outside New York that they can tell stories about occasionally. They still mostly stick to the United States, fictional places like Latvaria, Wakanda, Genosha etc or alien planets entirely, so hoping for a story focused on someplace in Italy or Nigeria or whatever is probably futile, but even LA would be cool just for a bit of variety.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gaz-L posted:

He lives out on that farm with his family, maybe it'll be him vs the local hillybilly mafia and it'll end up being a PG Marvel Banshee

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Desperado Bones posted:

:psyduck: oh my god... The "For the children" phrase wasn't about trying to convince Wanda to have children, it was everyone talking about following this messy theater of torture for their children's safety. "Those little girls and boys are counting on us. All of this, it's for the children." Someone is using the town's children as leverage or something.

This possibility just occurred to me while I was watching the end of episode 5 again and I was coming to post exactly this! I feel like that's got to be where they're going with this. In lots of mind control fiction giving the people being controlled a reason to accept being controlled is usually an element that factors in to making the system work. I remember the Matrix involved a similar element where Neo and other humans being free helped maintain the overall simulation in some way.

I don't know how they'd make it work with the Hawkeye comics run they seem to be adapting about him helping out an apartment complex, but having it be set basically on and around his farm and making his wife and kids solid supporting characters in it seems like it would be fun.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 6, 2021

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Norm didn't seem like he was accepting it at all.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

tsob posted:

It is nice when Marvel acknowledge that there is a whole world outside New York that they can tell stories about occasionally. They still mostly stick to the United States, fictional places like Latvaria, Wakanda, Genosha etc or alien planets entirely, so hoping for a story focused on someplace in Italy or Nigeria or whatever is probably futile, but even LA would be cool just for a bit of variety.

Cloak and Dagger is set in New Orleans, for one.

I will never not recommend that show to people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm still going with the theory that there's an outside malevolent force like Mephisto orchestrating and empowering this and Agnes is the middle man handling Wanda. Wanda knows what she's doing but she's being manipulated and lied to in order to believe what she's doing is making everyone happy and forget little details like kids being hostages.

As for Pietro, I'm leaning towards him being kind of the result of an involuntary wish fulfillment thing. Maybe its the Twins doing it, maybe its the evil wish force, maybe the Twins ARE an extension of the evil wish force. But subconsciously Wanda got in her heard about resurrecting Pietro and this was the best thing the Hex Force could pull off.

I dunno, but I'm way way into it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, what was that bullshit about the SWORD guy 'getting authorisation to disclose' the info? He's the director of the agency! He's the one who gives authorisation!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Gaz-L posted:

Also, what was that bullshit about the SWORD guy 'getting authorisation to disclose' the info? He's the director of the agency! He's the one who gives authorisation!

Even Fury had to answer to Powers Boothe and Robert Redford.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phylodox posted:

Don't forget Jenny Agutter.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Phylodox posted:

And how did that turn out?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I'm re-watching the show. And oh...you can tell how confused Monica is on her "first appearance", there's also moments where everyone looks a bit frightened whenever Wanda or Vision are present. :ohdear: There's little details in everyone's acting.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 6, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm also not buying the Agnes-as-baddie theory, Hahn's playing her as scared basically the whole time.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

cant cook creole bream posted:

And how did that turn out?

I mean...pretty well, all things considered.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Do we know if MCU Dr. Strange has any passive telepathy resistance? Hawkeye, Selwig and whoever else acted to the extent of their capabilities when Mindstone'd by Loki; Wanda having Strange brainwacked in a basement somewhere doing the real magic could explain a lot
In the comics, the Eye of Agamotto is supposed to reveal the truth, and thereby protect Strange from mind-altering effects. This is somewhat inconsistent though, so you'll end up having Strange bamboozled by illusions sometimes anyway.

In the movies the only thing the Eye did, as far as we know, was to house the Time Stone. So unless they change its properties, they'll have to come up with some other mystical mind protection for Strange.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

tsob posted:

Norm didn't seem like he was accepting it at all.

Accept may not be the best way to put it. I meant to get across more the idea that the mind is at least partially willing to accept being controlled (or that there would be significant negative consequences if they tried to struggle against it) and isn't constantly rebelling/trying to break free. Plus hey, it'd make sense that not everyone in Westview had kids so that particular method of control may not be as strong for everybody.

Strange being the secret mind-controlled battery powering this whole reality altering situation would be absolute bananas. This barrier around Westview isn't all that different from the Mirror Dimension situation, and we've seen him turn one thing into another thing and create illusions during the minute they let him off the chain to do crazy Dr. Strange magic things against Thanos in Infinity War. I'd call it not likely and it's not my personal preference because I'd rather see Wanda be powered up enough to be doing all this on her own (or manifesting it through someone manipulating her, but it's still her powers causing it), but I'd say it's certainly possible.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 6, 2021

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Gaz-L posted:

I'm also not buying the Agnes-as-baddie theory, Hahn's playing her as scared basically the whole time.

Yeah I agree, but it is interesting she has/is allowed more recognition of things not being as they seem.

It's also really interesting Herb also has an advanced awareness (he knew something was up with Monica and talking with Agnes about it in episode 3) but we haven't seen him since.

I also want to say again Dottie has been the only one who has been outright hostile towards Wanda, and as far as we know like Agnes has no in real life counterpart yet. I don't know something about Dottie strikes me as special, I don't know why.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Yeah I agree, but it is interesting she has/is allowed more recognition of things not being as they seem.

It's also really interesting Herb also has an advanced awareness (he knew something was up with Monica and talking with Agnes about it in episode 3) but we haven't seen him since.

I also want to say again Dottie has been the only one who has been outright hostile towards Wanda, and as far as we know like Agnes has no in real life counterpart yet. I don't know something about Dottie strikes me as special, I don't know why.

To be fair Dottie snapped out of it when Wanda was distracted by Jimmy and Darcy on the radio. Presumably that broke her concentration, kind of like when she got pissed at Monica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I'm very on board for the "pull back the curtain" reveal of exactly how the Westview situation began through some flashbacks, and I hope we get that in episode 7 or 8.