Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Patware posted:

The situation is infuriating. It would probably drive me to anger-based violence if there was anyone responsible within range. I can't believe this poo poo is still loving happening with Coco.

A lot of niji talent gets harassed by regular japanese anti's just for existing, so not surprised Chinese anti's who are powered by their version of MAGA trump is a bit more persistent.

Niji talent who's sins are "is a girl playing apex" and "is not the right attitude for the live2d model"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Takoluka posted:

I don't recall if they did this, but was there an explicit condemnation of Coco's harassment?

It is frankly unacceptable that the million dollar idol management company lacks the staff for proper idol management.

Cover explicitly included a condemnation of harassment and promised legal action against it at the same time as the original suspension. And as mentioned, Cover does in fact have some amount of moderation going on in Coco's streams, but you can only do so much moderation against automated bots on a platform with such lovely moderation tools as Youtube and as a result of course you'll see some of the spam slip through the cracks.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

skullhead tethyis posted:

A gate whose activation signal is the input from another microphone on the side hence side chain gate, used to eliminate a low whine of some cpu fans, If you haven't heard of it its likely not going to work out for me.

Oh no, I’ve definitely heard of a gate having a sidechain, just not of it being used like that. Usually IME a gate’s sidechain is used for creative musical effects or as a mixing tool. Just using a gate normally as an insert on the voiceover mic would have the effect I described earlier: your cpu fan noise, that’s normally a constant, gets eliminated whenever you’re not talking. Of course it’s still there when you ARE talking, but because you’re talking and are louder than the noise, it’s not that annoying or noticeable. You might be able to use some sophisticated noise reduction that uses a noiseprint to kill noise that’s concurrent with the talking, but ymmv in terms of weird artifacting that may ensue. And tbh a mechanical solution is a superior resolution (ie - move the offending computer out of the same area as the mic, or redo the computer’s thermals with less/quieter fans/underclocking to reduce heat, etc)

I mean, the voiceover microphone is what’s picking up both the voiceover AND the cpu fan noise right? And that is what you’re feeding into a gate’s sidechain? I don’t think that would do anything to reduce the fan noise. Your gate in this example has three terminals: an input, an output, and a bidirectional sidechain. In a sidechain config, the sidechain input feeds the gate’s level detector, instead of that being fed by the main input, but it’s still the audio from the main input being acted upon to create the sound at the output. In other words, the gate in this configuration doesn’t actually do anything to the sound being fed into the sidechain input (your voiceover and fan noise).

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Badingading posted:

you can only do so much moderation against automated bots on a platform with such lovely moderation tools as Youtube and as a result of course you'll see some of the spam slip through the cracks.

Put Coco on Twitch, then.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is one instance where Twitch might really be the best place for her as far as moderation/control over the chat goes. There's so many tools to help manage spam bots for the platform

appletonoutcast
May 31, 2007

Om nom nom nom nom nom
Out of curiosity, was there ever a reason they ended up on Youtube vs Twitch? Youtube's livestreaming system has always been absolutely garbage, and in usual Google fashion has been way too slow to fix actual problems on both the frontend AND the backend (seriously Google, my browser shouldn't lock completely when I try to select a stream's custom emoji). I can only assume it's because Twitch really isn't as big a thing in Japan as, say, Nico Nico Douga.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Sucks to say but I feel like the writing's been on the wall for a while now that Hololive can't or won't really give Coco the support she needs. Honestly she should go indie, I think in her case the audience would follow and I'd put decent odds on it being a better call money wise long term anyway.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Takoluka posted:

Put Coco on Twitch, then.

Even Twitch isn't perfect but yes it is leagues better than Youtube in the stream chat moderation category. In terms of archival though, it's garbage, and it's not especially popular in Japan, either, last I checked, so it would probably have the issue of a good chunk of Coco's fanbase not migrating over.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I suspect part of why Miko has been doing stuff on Twitch is to test and see if they'll have a huge audience drop-off if they move over.

My worry is moving to Twitch would mean all their streams now have all those dongles going off all the time, I don't know how many of those you can just not do, but this worry is not stronger than wanting the talent to not be constantly under fire and a desire to have Google eat losses for their continued lack of apparent desire to do anything.

...and then the money they're losing would just go to Amazon...

EDIT: ^^^ It's worth factoring in that a unit as big as Hololive all loudly up and moving to Twitch could be the kind of thing that makes Twitch more popular in Japan.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Pretty much Twitch is basically a non-entity as far as Japan is concerned. Early Japanese internet culture basically formed on NND and Youtube is a globally recognized name for just videos in general. Also the early Vtubers like Kizuna Ai and Kaguya Luna had heavy youtube presences, so I guess everyone just naturally gravitated there once it gained streaming functionality.

Especially once Nijisanji really took off i guess everyone just naturally accepted Youtube as the standard streaming platform.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The moderation tools and anti-harassment policies are pretty much the only positives to Twitch though, every single other aspect of the platform is a total poo poo-show. For example, if Holo moved over they'd end up having random ads constantly. It's a massive pain in the rear end to find VoDs instead of just having a portal on YouTube where you can go back and see a stack of the live streams you missed on your home page and watch them. DMCA takedowns are BRUTAL, and there's no consistency with suspensions so some streamers get banned a month for minor infractions and others get 2 days for nudity.

Lots of streamers are looking for any reason to move away from Twitch right now

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 12, 2021

appletonoutcast
May 31, 2007

Om nom nom nom nom nom

Badingading posted:

Even Twitch isn't perfect but yes it is leagues better than Youtube in the stream chat moderation category. In terms of archival though, it's garbage, and it's not especially popular in Japan, either, last I checked, so it would probably have the issue of a good chunk of Coco's fanbase not migrating over.

That actually is a valid point. At least on Youtube, the algorithm will guide people towards clips, and from the clips to the channels themselves. Ends up being a feedback loop between community and the creator. Moving to Twitch would create a natural gulf between them I suppose.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I think this whole thing was her venting out some frustration, especially over the bot mod snafu from before. In the words of Callie, everyone needs a good cry once in a while.

Also what's to stop Coco from streaming on both? Leave the big collabs/meme-review/Asacoco stuff on youtube and have her interactive chatting/game streams on Twitch?

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

RealFoxy posted:

It's a massive pain in the rear end to find VoDs instead of just having a portal on YouTube where you can go back and see a stack of the live streams you missed on your home page and watch them

This isn't a perfect solution obviously, but VShojo all stream on twitch and transfer the VODs to YouTube after the fact. That way you can still follow the YouTube and not miss the content (barring un-archived karaoke), but view streams live on twitch

Karaoke reminds me that twitch's content ID system could be a pain in the rear end though

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wudz posted:

This isn't a perfect solution obviously, but VShojo all stream on twitch and transfer the VODs to YouTube after the fact. That way you can still follow the YouTube and not miss the content (barring un-archived karaoke), but view streams live on twitch

Karaoke reminds me that twitch's content ID system could be a pain in the rear end though
They'd be impossible, Twitch already had their own karaoke interface and they dropped support because of DMCA stuff (Or they just didn't want to support it anymore, they're never actually honest)

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

There's a poo poo ton of salt in Ame's Mario stream right now, if y'all want to focus on something else right now. I swear she gets salty over Mario more than anything else and it's not even close.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

All tubers are fated to get Mad at Mario. It's often productive of grade A content

appletonoutcast
May 31, 2007

Om nom nom nom nom nom

Lyer posted:

There's a poo poo ton of salt in Ame's Mario stream right now, if y'all want to focus on something else right now. I swear she gets salty over Mario more than anything else and it's not even close.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Badingading posted:

There are scrapers that will automatically take your vod and upload it to youtube as soon as you are done streaming

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Yinlock posted:

yeah cover is making Fat Streamer Bucks off of everyone and coco especially, the least they can do is actually spend a bit to help their talent

Help. My idols are dying.

Budget:
$2000 Marketing
$1000 3d Cameras
$50 misc. equipment
$0 chat moderators

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Maybe you should budget a bit more for candles.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
It's easy enough to say "just recruit a bunch of mods" but picking from her established fanbase is tricky because it makes it seem like they paid for the privilege (even if it was just a handful of blue SCs) and having extra hired help means adding yet another step to the streaming process, which would make guerilla streams harder to do.

I still think that Cover has left the matter of chat moderation largely in the hands of the individual streamers. They offer basic support against regular spam but I still get the feeling Coco doesn't want to implement stricter measures because she values fan interaction that much. That being said, if it's a serious mental burden, then Cover absolutely needs to put their foot down and get some more mods one way or another.

Sillipenda
May 22, 2007
Ironmouse is debuting a new model. Getting right into it with no warm up, come check it out.

https://www.twitch.tv/ironmouse

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Iron Mouse is debuting her new Live2d land it looks great!
Edit: beaten

Hiro Protagonist fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 12, 2021

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Ame is off to get one more star, so she can end the stream at 69 :allears:

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Lyer posted:

Ame is off to get one more star, so she can end the stream at 69 :allears:

NICE

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Saying get more chat mods is one thing but either cover have to somehow find, vet and employ professional youtube chat moderators which lol at the concept or else youre asking people to do it for free which im sure theyd be happy to support their crushes but you lose out on vetting and could just as easily wind up with one of the more creepy fams being given power.

The issue is on youtubes end for allowing spambots to so easily register, and partially on the part of the regular fans for always rising to the bait.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Namtab posted:

The issue is on youtubes end for allowing spambots to so easily register, and partially on the part of the regular fans for always rising to the bait.

Aye, as much as we talk of mods, the single most effective solution to this would be for Youtube to simply allow streamers to ban entire Google accounts from chat. This whole thing hinges on the fact that one Google account can hold up to 50 YT usernames, so when one is banned, they just switch to another. But if you ban the entire account, they'd outright need to BUY another one, and that would quickly make the whole thing become unsustainable.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Brunom1 posted:

Aye, as much as we talk of mods, the single most effective solution to this would be for Youtube to simply allow streamers to ban entire Google accounts from chat. This whole thing hinges on the fact that one Google account can hold up to 50 YT usernames, so when one is banned, they just switch to another. But if you ban the entire account, they'd outright need to BUY another one, and that would quickly make the whole thing become unsustainable.
Or, at the least, profitable.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Brunom1 posted:

Aren’t google accounts free? You don’t have to pay to sign up for email last I checked.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I wouldn't watch anything on twitch, the fact that I get 3-5 minutes of ads running over live content every 15 minutes makes streams unwatchable over there unless you pay for a membership.

Also I trust twitch far less than youtube, what with the banning of streamers with no explanation, suddenly wiping out everyone's vods, twitch somehow feels even more spastic and even less accountable than youtube which is quite the feat.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Hololive moving to Twitch would kill Hololive for me.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Talorat posted:

Aren’t google accounts free? You don’t have to pay to sign up for email last I checked.

Since Google's blocked over there, I believe they need to buy the accounts proper in order to set things up (at the very least, they did).

Regardless, even if they could just make new ones, that'd mean creating another email, plus another Google account, then starting to spam and getting banned. It'd slow them down to a crawl, at the very least.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Hololive moving to Twitch would kill Hololive for me.

Hololive moving to Twitch would kill Hololive. Lots of folks forget that despite the massive western audience growth, the vast majority of viewers are still Japanese, and Twitch isn't exactly booming in Japan.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

They'd be impossible, Twitch already had their own karaoke interface and they dropped support because of DMCA stuff (Or they just didn't want to support it anymore, they're never actually honest)

It was song license costs. They had a catalog of rotating songs they had licenses to use, but the general cost of them + keeping the catalog fresh was unpalatable.

Beyond that, anyone who sees Youtube/Google's copyright strikes as the worst thing ever has never had to deal with anything owned by Amazon (aka Twitch). Their policy is "shoot first, ask never" in everything they do regarding legal liability, and they will pull your content with no recourse or real means of appeal in a heartbeat. Meanwhile, Facebook Live has banned all streaming activities that create a music listening environment, whether you own the rights / wrote the song / blah blah or not. Their TOS update more or less just says "nope, we're not going to deal with this poo poo, no music performances whatsoever, even your own songs."

YT is the only even remotely reasonable game in town if you want to cover a song or do karaoke. They're still a bitch, but the rest are so much worse that it defies comparison.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/hololive_En/status/1360061826629705738?s=20

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Oh hell yes. I know what I'm spending this weekend doing. :v:

Absolutely unrelated to that: More minecraft tonight at 8PM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UjUpma81Fg

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Who was it that posted a few weeks ago that their friend got recruited? I wonder how many slots they have basically locked up already. What's the start to finish time for these, 6 months?

it would also be hilarious if Haachama applied for this (as gimmick streams) and Haato remained as the JP talent

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Can't wait to see Artemis disappear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sundae posted:

Oh hell yes. I know what I'm spending this weekend doing. :v:

Absolutely unrelated to that: More minecraft tonight at 8PM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UjUpma81Fg

Good luck.